Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Must Our Paramilitary Men Wear Camouflage? (Picture) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Must Our Paramilitary Men Wear Camouflage? (Picture) (3983 Views)

Nigerian Govt Bans Other Para-military Agencies From Use Of Camouflage Uniforms / President Buhari Bars Police And Paramilitary Agencies From Wearing Camouflage / Camouflage Fabric That Can Make Soldiers Invisible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must Our Paramilitary Men Wear Camouflage? (Picture) by omowolewa: 1:55pm On Dec 18, 2014
Gone were those days when only the Military has the sole right to wearing camouflages, the trend is now so common with other paramilitaries in Nigeria.

What I understand as camouflage is to disguise the uniform, equipment and installations of the military to blend with the surroundings so as to better ambush or retreat from the enemies. But the various color worn by paramilitaries in Nigeria portraits inferiority complex and undue intension to oppress the unsuspecting citizens to me.

The question is, is it necessary to wear camouflages when actually it can’t disguise you off the enemies’ nest?

I hope I won’t be arrested for wearing ‘Ankara’ stuff that looks like Nigerian Custom’s ‘Camouflage’ one day?

Re: Must Our Paramilitary Men Wear Camouflage? (Picture) by holatin(m): 2:22pm On Dec 18, 2014
Dem go beat.......
Re: Must Our Paramilitary Men Wear Camouflage? (Picture) by omowolewa: 8:24pm On Dec 18, 2014
holatin:
Dem go beat.......

Honestly, it looks like aso ebi than uniform.

1 Like

Re: Must Our Paramilitary Men Wear Camouflage? (Picture) by Ikengawo: 8:41pm On Dec 18, 2014
omowolewa:
Gone were those days when only the Military has the sole right to wearing camouflages, the trend is now so common with other paramilitaries in Nigeria.

What I understand as camouflage is to disguise to uniform, equipment and installations of the military to blend with the surroundings so as to better ambush or retreat from the enemies. But the various color worn by paramilitaries in Nigeria only portrait inferiority complex and undue intension to oppress the unsuspecting citizens to me.

The question is, is it necessary to wear camouflages when actually it can’t disguise you off the enemies’ nest?

I hope I won’t be arrested for wearing ‘Ankara’ stuff that looks like Nigerian Custom’s ‘Camouflage’ one day?

LOL so true. Our military doesn't seem to incorporate their understanding of camo in their designs. They just copy what the US is doing. To be fair they look like they're in urban combat fatigue
Re: Must Our Paramilitary Men Wear Camouflage? (Picture) by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 18, 2014
Ikengawo:

LOL so true. Our military doesn't seem to incorporate their understanding of camo in their designs. They just copy what the US is doing. To be fair they look like they're in urban combat fatigue
these are customs service personnel not military sir
Re: Must Our Paramilitary Men Wear Camouflage? (Picture) by Ikengawo: 10:04pm On Dec 18, 2014
Nigerdeltaboi:

these are customs service personnel not military sir
oh ok, thanks
Re: Must Our Paramilitary Men Wear Camouflage? (Picture) by Nobody: 10:18pm On Dec 18, 2014
Ikengawo:

oh ok, thanks
ya welcome boss
Re: Must Our Paramilitary Men Wear Camouflage? (Picture) by Omoalhaja7: 10:31pm On Dec 18, 2014
But wait o,no be Babasuwe be dat 2nd man by the left
Abeg check d pix again... shocked
Re: Must Our Paramilitary Men Wear Camouflage? (Picture) by omowolewa: 12:08pm On Dec 19, 2014
grin
Omoalhaja7:
But wait o,no be Babasuwe be dat 2nd man by the left
Abeg check d pix again... shocked

(1) (Reply)

Ben Bruce Visionless Political Ambition & STV Working Hard Against the APC / Kano Sharia Court Sentences 8 To Death For Blasphemy / Yoruba Are Intelligent But Has No Wisdom- Fami Kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.