Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,977 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Nigerian Govt Bans Other Para-military Agencies From Use Of Camouflage Uniforms - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Govt Bans Other Para-military Agencies From Use Of Camouflage Uniforms (40785 Views)

Para-military Board Suspends 14 Prisons Officers Over Jail Break / Task Force Para-Military Officer Stabbed By Hoodlums In Oshodi, Lagos (Photos) / Nigerian Govt. Bans Police, Other Para-military Agencies From Use Of Camouflage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Govt Bans Other Para-military Agencies From Use Of Camouflage Uniforms by Franchise21(m): 5:58pm On Jun 12, 2015
The use of camouflage uniforms by various security agencies other than the Armed Forces namely the Army, Navy and the Air Force has been banned.

The Nigerian Police will however use the uniform when in Joint Operation with the military or on special operation such as specific anti-riot missions, a statement by the Director of Defence Information, Chris Olukolade, said Friday.

Mr. Olukolade, a Major General, said the te new rule followed the directive of the National Security Council approving the recommendations of a committee on measures to streamline the use of camouflage uniforms.

This, he said, was in view of the security implications and concerns raised on the clamour, duplicity and proliferation of camouflage uniforms in the country.

“The use of camouflage/fatigue is therefore restricted to the military and for occasional use by the police henceforth,” the statement said.

Mr. Olukolade added, “The directive also stipulates that the military is to adopt only two types of camouflage for the three arms of the Armed Forces.

“All para-military agencies using various camouflage/fatigues uniforms have up to January 2016 to withdraw such materials currently in their inventory.

“With this development, the Ministry of Justice along with law enforcement agencies have been tasked to ensure that extant laws guiding the use of uniforms in Nigeria are strictly enforced.

“In the same vein, the Office of the National Security Adviser has been vested with the authority to vet and clear any production and supply of camouflage uniforms in Nigeria.

“The proliferation and imitation by criminals and impostors using uniforms especially the camouflage have been generating some concern in national security circles.

“The development has been communicated to all the agencies by the Office of the National Security Adviser.”
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/184908-breaking-nigerian-govt-bans-police-other-para-military-agencies-from-use-of-camouflage-uniforms.html

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Govt Bans Other Para-military Agencies From Use Of Camouflage Uniforms by ApcSucks: 6:01pm On Jun 12, 2015
Ok
Re: Nigerian Govt Bans Other Para-military Agencies From Use Of Camouflage Uniforms by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jun 12, 2015
Military camouflage is part of the art of military deception. The main objective of military camouflage is to deceive the enemy as to the presence, position and intentions of military formations. Camouflage techniques include concealment, disguise, and dummies, applied to troops, vehicles, and positions.

Nice one from the army, this will surely mitigate impersonation.

Thanks to a military minded president

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Govt Bans Other Para-military Agencies From Use Of Camouflage Uniforms by jogsman01(m): 6:01pm On Jun 12, 2015
really!
Re: Nigerian Govt Bans Other Para-military Agencies From Use Of Camouflage Uniforms by kodded(m): 6:01pm On Jun 12, 2015
#BABA419 on point cool

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Govt Bans Other Para-military Agencies From Use Of Camouflage Uniforms by shamsuRana(m): 6:05pm On Jun 12, 2015
Stop putting on camouflaged trousers to harass fuel attends at fuel stations aswell.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Govt Bans Other Para-military Agencies From Use Of Camouflage Uniforms by LAfricana(m): 6:09pm On Jun 12, 2015
Re: Nigerian Govt Bans Other Para-military Agencies From Use Of Camouflage Uniforms by LAfricana(m): 6:09pm On Jun 12, 2015
Long overdue sad.. Even the neighbourhood watch in my area wears camouflage uniform.. Talk about abuse undecided

Check out www.africanwatch.net for the latest happenings in Africa, and Scholarship updates

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt Bans Other Para-military Agencies From Use Of Camouflage Uniforms by Sunnycliff(m): 6:09pm On Jun 12, 2015
Won't this cause some unnecessary tension within the Paramilitary? #justasking

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Govt Bans Other Para-military Agencies From Use Of Camouflage Uniforms by Dominionng(m): 6:09pm On Jun 12, 2015
Good
Re: Nigerian Govt Bans Other Para-military Agencies From Use Of Camouflage Uniforms by Smartjeezy(m): 6:09pm On Jun 12, 2015
Nice Move...
Re: Nigerian Govt Bans Other Para-military Agencies From Use Of Camouflage Uniforms by LordMecuzy(m): 6:10pm On Jun 12, 2015
Nice I dey confuse Customs and police a times
Even confuse army with immigration

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Govt Bans Other Para-military Agencies From Use Of Camouflage Uniforms by Handsomeemmy(m): 6:10pm On Jun 12, 2015
Overdue decision... The proliferation is a source of concern, we are not in a full war situation, most of these paramilitary abused the usage, they wear it any day, time and place and that's not suppose to be, in most military formation, they have specific day for wearing it, in kano before the boko haram stuff, it is normally worn on Wednesday or when a soldier is on both internal and external duty, in a war situation like in the North-east and special operation state like Kano, it has become an everyday uniform.
The police in the biggest abuser of this brand of uniform.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Govt Bans Other Para-military Agencies From Use Of Camouflage Uniforms by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 6:11pm On Jun 12, 2015
Toor........make I go return my camo to my oga. I no fit go jail because of one yeye cloth like that. angry

Well, for those who dont know........I be LASTMA official grin

59 Likes

Re: Nigerian Govt Bans Other Para-military Agencies From Use Of Camouflage Uniforms by sirrinky: 6:11pm On Jun 12, 2015
Makes sense @least these stupid police men will stop wearing camouflage uniform anyhow like they're worth something

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Govt Bans Other Para-military Agencies From Use Of Camouflage Uniforms by SWAGGAVILLAGE(m): 6:12pm On Jun 12, 2015
na so I dey waka my tin jeje today,I come see one boy with solder uniform and bag,for my mind,na see small boy for soldier o,I come say make I respect am shit for road,as him reach near,I come see say na scout sef cos of d cap wey him wear.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Govt Bans Other Para-military Agencies From Use Of Camouflage Uniforms by intergral(m): 6:12pm On Jun 12, 2015
Good and wise move BABA.....
Re: Nigerian Govt Bans Other Para-military Agencies From Use Of Camouflage Uniforms by cooljude(m): 6:12pm On Jun 12, 2015
I agree with that statement before man o war or boys scout start wearing their own variety of camo.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Govt Bans Other Para-military Agencies From Use Of Camouflage Uniforms by Masculity(m): 6:13pm On Jun 12, 2015
Yeah khaki no be leather. Let dem know d difference. Where are those man'owar boys we they form like Military police take note.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Govt Bans Other Para-military Agencies From Use Of Camouflage Uniforms by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jun 12, 2015
[size=20pt]This is time to make money online, hit my signature or contact me to know more[/size]

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt Bans Other Para-military Agencies From Use Of Camouflage Uniforms by Ilekeh(f): 6:14pm On Jun 12, 2015
Sunnycliff:
Won't this cause some unnecessary tension within the Paramilitary? #justasking

And so?
the tension will dissipate eventually. If not, they can go and die.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Govt Bans Other Para-military Agencies From Use Of Camouflage Uniforms by kingGoldust(m): 6:14pm On Jun 12, 2015
That's good
Re: Nigerian Govt Bans Other Para-military Agencies From Use Of Camouflage Uniforms by SenatorTobijah(m): 6:16pm On Jun 12, 2015
Nowadays I see some weird camos that I can't even identify who they are. Nice move

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Govt Bans Other Para-military Agencies From Use Of Camouflage Uniforms by Auwalms(m): 6:16pm On Jun 12, 2015
Better Ban them! dem dey just harass people anyhow
Re: Nigerian Govt Bans Other Para-military Agencies From Use Of Camouflage Uniforms by Majikals(m): 6:18pm On Jun 12, 2015
Wise decision... Time to separate the men from boys

Re: Nigerian Govt Bans Other Para-military Agencies From Use Of Camouflage Uniforms by larry2chat(f): 6:20pm On Jun 12, 2015
kiss Nice move Mr president kiss
Re: Nigerian Govt Bans Other Para-military Agencies From Use Of Camouflage Uniforms by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jun 12, 2015
Make sense
Re: Nigerian Govt Bans Other Para-military Agencies From Use Of Camouflage Uniforms by NickyPearl(f): 6:20pm On Jun 12, 2015
I've told my boo to stop wearing camouflage one day will force him to do frog jump.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt Bans Other Para-military Agencies From Use Of Camouflage Uniforms by Unbias: 6:21pm On Jun 12, 2015
So its para-military agencies that encourage duplicity of camouflage uniforms. Let us see if that would stop impostors. Watching in 4D

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Govt Bans Other Para-military Agencies From Use Of Camouflage Uniforms by jammyunn(m): 6:21pm On Jun 12, 2015
would it bring efficiency? then no problems.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Govt Bans Other Para-military Agencies From Use Of Camouflage Uniforms by papaejima1: 6:24pm On Jun 12, 2015
good one

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Olisa Metuh Hosts British Lawmakers As He Resumes Work / Announcement From Turkish Embassy Abuja Concerning IPOB / Boko Haram Kills Ugo Uruakpa, A Soldier, In Maiduguri (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.