Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,735 members, 7,820,541 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite (21880 Views)

Nigerian Man Married To 57 Women,150 Grandchildren (Photo) / A Nigerian Man Got Married To His Indian Girlfriend ( Pix Galleries) / What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by dinachi(m): 7:04pm On Dec 21, 2014
MarieSucre:
You're the one with so much bitterness in your mind, how can you think it is okay to belittle some one else and treat them unfairly (as opposed being self-centered and being all about yourself). don't let your ego be your own undoing. People can't be this sexist and i'll choose to believe that.
Marriage is not compulsory! Keep up with your Lesbian lifestyle and leave Nigerian men alone. It is what it is. Make yourself successful first, stop feeling entitled to everything just because you are a woman. Give yourself some respect. Humility and submission is a sign of strength. Since you know you can't submit to a Nigerian mans leadership, then don't marry a Nigerian man! It is very simple. Take it easy before you kill yourself with bitterness!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by scribble: 7:25pm On Dec 21, 2014
MarieSucre:
choiiii. polygamy is our cultural heritage. selfish pleasure is YOUR cultural heritage.

lol u all in my mentions bae

if u know how happy the women in my life are, u will want to queue up

sadly im not taking applications at this time
Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 21, 2014
dinachi:
My point is western women should be the ones copying from our women, not the other way round. Their own style have ensured that most marriages there have ended in divorce. While our style here ensures successful marriages. It is very clear. IF YOU WANT TO FAIL IN YOUR MARRIAGE COPY WESTERN WOMEN BUT IF YOU WANT TO HAVE A SUCCESSFUL MARRIAGE THEN CONTINUE TO BE AN INDEPENDENT YET SUBMISSIVE AND HUMBLE NIGERIAN WIFE. The choice is yours!
Mariopgomery:
i wonder why the divorce rate is so high in the western countries since women in the west seems to have such perfect marriages with the most understanding husbands.
Staying in a marriage has got nothing to do with the level of happiness of the spouses therein. Women in the west are less likely to be stigmatized for being divorced, while in Africa, a woman will be insulted, mocked, and spat on simply because she's a divorcee. Take a look at Monalisa Chinda. The woman endured 5 years of a womanizing, violent husband and walked out of her marriage after it became too much for her to bear. Some people still bad-mouth her for divorcing her husband. It's like she was expected to put up with it, after all that is the "plus" that comes along with being married.

An African woman is scared of a broken marriage. She'd rather have her fingers chopped off. She'll put up with 3,000 tonnes of s-hit from her husband for the sake of staying married, something a woman in the west won't do. That should explain to you why the divorce rate is much lower in Africa.

5 Likes

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by chillis1: 9:29pm On Dec 21, 2014
KanwuliaJara:
https://www.nairaland.com/2054691/top-10-ladies-nairaland-potential

WHERE ARE THE NIGERIAN HYPOCRITES OF DUDES that will marry these ones on NL? grin
Abi dem still dey 'sample'? cheesy

See wasted NL poohsies waiting to be FIFTH AND TENTH WIVES of BOKO HARAM GRASS-CUTTERS! grin

Bunch of low self esteem folks. loking for whom to validate their femininity and character for them.

Na online dem dey Look for love
Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by KanwuliaJara: 9:45pm On Dec 21, 2014
chillis1:

Bunch of low self esteem folks. loking for whom to validate their femininity and character for them.

Na online dem dey Look for love

You will be surprised!
Becoming a 'MOD' or 'SUPEEE MOD' is a sign of love ke! cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by MarieSucre(f): 10:40pm On Dec 21, 2014
dinachi:
Marriage is not compulsory! Keep up with your Lesbian lifestyle and leave Nigerian men alone. It is what it is. Make yourself successful first, stop feeling entitled to everything just because you are a woman. Give yourself some respect. Humility and submission is a sign of strength. Since you know you can't submit to a Nigerian mans leadership, then don't marry a Nigerian man! It is very simple. Take it easy before you kill yourself with bitterness!
my God what are you saying? you sound like a little child who is on the verge of losing an argument, sticking his hands into his ears shouting 'lalalala-lalalalala-lalalala'. dude you're gonna be the head of a family someday. Is this what you'll teach your children. you better change your philosophy and be considerate to your fellow man/woman.

3 Likes

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by dinachi(m): 10:44pm On Dec 21, 2014
GoodGirl2:

Staying in a marriage has got nothing to do with the level of happiness of the spouses therein. Women in the west are less likely to be stigmatized for being divorced, while in Africa, a woman will be insulted, mocked, and spat on simply because she's a divorcee. Take a look at Monalisa Chinda. The woman endured 5 years of a womanizing, violent husband and walked out of her marriage after it became too much for her to bear. Some people still bad-mouth her for divorcing her husband. It's like she was expected to put up with it, after all that is the "plus" that comes along with being married.
An African woman is scared of a broken marriage. She'd rather have her fingers chopped off. She'll put up with 3,000 tonnes of s-hit from her husband for the sake of staying married, something a woman in the west won't do. That should explain to you why the divorce rate is much lower in Africa.
Divorce rate in Nigeria will be high the day Nigerian women begin to imbibe this western idea. Having seen what feminist teachings have done to western marriages, Nigerian men do not want to make the same mistake of their western counterparts.

1 Like

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by Nobody: 10:46pm On Dec 21, 2014
MarieSucre:
my God what are you saying? you sound like a little child who is on the verge of losing an argument, sticking his hands into his ears shouting 'lalalala-lalalalala-lalalala'. dude you're gonna be the head of a family someday. Is this what you'll teach your children. you better change your philosophy and be considerate to your fellow man/woman.
You need Happiness, your life is bitter

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by MarieSucre(f): 10:51pm On Dec 21, 2014
slimmy05:
You need Happiness, your life is bitter
woooow. and we wonder why our country is how it is. dear sir thank you for the advice but i've never been happier. This year I saw the light.

3 Likes

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by Nobody: 10:55pm On Dec 21, 2014
MarieSucre:
woooow. and we wonder why our country is how it is. dear sir thank you for the advice but i've never been happier. This year I saw the light.
Light to challenge your husband for equality?

1 Like

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by dinachi(m): 10:58pm On Dec 21, 2014
MarieSucre:
Funny how you bitter women think you are not being appreciated. Remove bitterness against men from your heart so that you can move forward in life. The first step to a troubled marriage is to marry a bitter woman...who believe their stinking puccy entitles them to everything in life. Sorry to burst your bubble. Nigerian men have seen the LIGHT!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by MarieSucre(f): 10:59pm On Dec 21, 2014
dinachi:
Divorce rate in Nigeria will be high the day Nigerian women begin to imbibe this western idea. Having seen what feminist teachings have done to western marriages, Nigerian men do not want to make the same mistake of their western counterparts.
Dear sir, there a lot of factors that influence divorce rates especially in America. Such generalizations such as Feminism or misogyny does not even touch the surface. But if your post is directly related to the post you quoted which posits that african women no longer persevere, endure or overlook faults in their partner but choose to opt out thereby increased divorce rates then i would ask you this--- if your wife is unfaithful; repeatedly so. and feels entitled about it to the point of arrogance regardless of your emotional state concerning the issue, would you stay with her. honest answer please.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by MarieSucre(f): 11:08pm On Dec 21, 2014
dinachi:
Funny how you bitter women think you are not being appreciated. Remove bitterness against men from your heart so that you can move forward in life. The first step to a troubled marriage is to marry a bitter woman...who believe their stinking puccy entitles them to everything in life. Sorry to burst your bubble. Nigerian men have seen the LIGHT!
You keep raising a straw man argument and demolishing it yourself. honestly its laughable at most. There was no point about not being appreciated. there was no point about marriage. there was no point about sex. There was no point about Nigerian men seeing the light or staying in jahiliya (ignorance). The crux of my post was simply thus:- you cannot shout down someone else for appropriating a culture when you're doing just the same just coz the part they appropriate is not to your liking. Issues like this is why the word "tolerance" was coined and being considerate became a virtue.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by MarieSucre(f): 11:12pm On Dec 21, 2014
slimmy05:
Light to challenge your husband for equality?
Change your philosophy sir and just learn to be considerate to your fellow man or woman. let peace be on earth.

3 Likes

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by Nobody: 11:27pm On Dec 21, 2014
MarieSucre:
Change your philosophy sir and just learn to be considerate to your fellow man or woman. let peace be on earth.
now you sound confused. Just a simple question and you've been ranting round the thread

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by MarieSucre(f): 11:47pm On Dec 21, 2014
slimmy05:
now you sound confused. Just a simple question and you've been ranting round the thread
There is no equality with a husband. Ok? how does the question concern my previous posts?
Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by abbey621(m): 1:44am On Dec 22, 2014
Nigerian men are not hypocrites nor are we confused. A woman that wants to depend on a man for everything should get ready for the consequences of her actions, at the same time a woman that believes because she is successful and independent she can slap her man or belittle him would be all alone in no time. Men are meant to be kings and as long as they take care of their responsibilities, no woman has the right to belittle him and when I say responsibilities I don't mean the woman should become a liability; no way, a woman should compliment her man not add to his burdens. Women should think deeply, if your man lost his job or something worse happened to him, would you be able to survive? Women of the west might seem like they are in control but the reality is that most of them end up being lonely, bitter and psychotic. Men of the western world are bound by the law and have basically become inferior to women, this is why most of them commit violent crimes or just runaway, Nigerian men will never allow such to happen, we are much more focused, much more prideful and our society allows us to replace a bad woman easily. So for any woman out there who feels like she can treat her man anyhow, think twice cos real men are scarce and loneliness is real grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by dinachi(m): 6:15am On Dec 22, 2014
MarieSucre:
You keep raising a straw man argument and demolishing it yourself. honestly its laughable at most. There was no point about not being appreciated. there was no point about marriage. there was no point about sex. There was no point about Nigerian men seeing the light or staying in jahiliya (ignorance). The crux of my post was simply thus:- you cannot shout down someone else for appropriating a culture when you're doing just the same just coz the part they appropriate is not to your liking. Issues like this is why the word "tolerance" was coined and being considerate became a virtue.
Hahaha! Stop arguing for argument sake. You reasoning is oblique! Ur talking about being considerate to people, where did I support men to do otherwise? I have said that unless you remove bitterness from your heart against Nigerian men, you will never be able to argue straight. You did not see the light, on the contrary,you were thoroughly deceived! When a woman focuses on challenging and arguing with her husband all the time just to prove a point, then she is setting herself up for a very very lonely life. Like I said earlier, being with a man or marriage to a Nigerian man is not compulsory. These days we have transgender and Homosexuals. Options dey! But if you are a Nigerian woman who wants to marry and live in peace, then you have to submit to his authority and be humble, Shikena!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by Mariopgomery(m): 5:43pm On Dec 22, 2014
MarieSucre:
The reason why it is higher in the west is the same reason why no black will endure any form of racism in this century.

me i think marriage is so cheap nowadays, people make vows they know they cant keep, just like a soldier who goes AWOL on the battlefield.
Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by cococandy(f): 5:53pm On Dec 22, 2014
GoodGirl2:

that seems like a very big rocket science project for nairalanders to understand. Touting high divorce rate in the west as if it in any way means that Nigerians have happier marriages.
# Suffering and smiling things

3 Likes

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by Shirley07: 8:36pm On Dec 22, 2014
dinachi:
Funny how you bitter women think you are not being appreciated. Remove bitterness against men from your heart so that you can move forward in life. The first step to a troubled marriage is to marry sperm donors...who believe their stinking sperm entitles them to everything in life. Sorry to burst your bubble. Nigerian women have seen the LIGHT!
Fixed. Until you tell me what else you offers, apart from your sperm.

2 Likes

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 22, 2014
dinachi:
Divorce rates in Nigeria will be high the day Nigerian women will stop imagining that being single is the Armageddon.
You can blame imaginary feminists for the toothache you had last week if you want, but the underlying reason for low divorce rates in Nigeria is connected to the Nigerian woman's EXTREME PHOBIA of being single. These women can marry Lucifer and make hell their home so as to avoid being labelled "single". A very good number are not happy with their Nigerian men but the thought of being single scares the hell out of most of them. The same women cannot begin to comprehend how Genevieve and Rita Dominic can be in their 30s yet unmarried. It's beyond their comprehension. It's like trying to make a toddler understand the Mole Concept.

We all need to come to terms with the fact that NOT ALL MARRIAGES WILL LAST, especially if the two of you are in a union which lacks MUTUAL RESPECT. You may have the intention of sticking up to the end with your partner. Your intentions for marriage may be good and you may even visualize yourselves growing old together with wrinkles and all, but somewhere along the way YOUR SPOUSE, yes.....YOUR SPOUSE makes it difficult for your marriage to flourish. This spouse will be the source of your hypertension and the only way you will successfully manage your HBP is by walking out of your marriage, not because you have no respect for the institution of marriage, but because your health and your life are far more important than a union. This applies to BOTH MEN AND WOMEN.

4 Likes

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by Nobody: 8:56pm On Dec 22, 2014
GoodGirl2:
Divorce rates in Nigeria will be high the day Nigerian women will stop imagining that being single is the Armageddon.
You can blame imaginary feminists for the toothache you had last week if you want, but the underlying reason for low divorce rates in Nigeria is connected to the Nigerian woman's EXTREME PHOBIA of being labelled "single". These women can marry Lucifer and make hell their home so as to avoid being labelled "single". A very good number are not happy with their Nigerian men but the thought of being single scares the hell out of most of them. The same women cannot begin to comprehend how Genevieve and Rita Dominic can be in their 30s yet unmarried. It's beyond their comprehension. It's like trying to make a toddler understand the Mole Concept.

We all need to come to terms with the fact that NOT ALL MARRIAGES WILL LAST, especially if the two of you are in a union which lacks MUTUAL RESPECT. You may have the intention of sticking up to the end with your partner. Your intentions for marriage may be good and you may even visualize yourselves growing old together with wrinkles and all, but somewhere along the way YOUR SPOUSE, yes.....YOUR SPOUSE makes it difficult for your marriage to flourish. This spouse will be the source of your hypertension and the only way you will successfully manage your HBP is by walking out of your marriage, not because you have no respect for the institution of marriage, but because your health and your life are far more important than a union. These applies to BOTH MEN AND WOMEN.

Well said, I would just add poverty and dependency as another reason.

3 Likes

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by Nobody: 9:02pm On Dec 22, 2014
cococandy:
that seems like a very big rocket science project for nairalanders to understand. Touting high divorce rate in the west as if it in any way means that Nigerians have happier marriages.
# Suffering and smiling things
That dinachi dude thinks that staying in an unfair union means you've "seen the light". grin

2 Likes

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by cococandy(f): 9:02pm On Dec 22, 2014
carefreewannabe:

and judgmental mofos.

2 Likes

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by cococandy(f): 9:03pm On Dec 22, 2014
GoodGirl2:
That dinachi dude thinks that staying in an unfair union means you've "seen the light". grin
his case is beyond me cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 22, 2014
carefreewannabe:
The very reason why Nigerian women should be encouraged to be economically independent before and after marriage.

1 Like

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by Nobody: 9:06pm On Dec 22, 2014
cococandy:
and judgmental mofos.

LOL. cheesy

I thought her comment included this one.

We also have to consider that women in the West are NOT devalued with age like their counterparts in Africa. In Nigeria, a woman's worth depends on her age.
Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by Nobody: 9:06pm On Dec 22, 2014
GoodGirl2:
The very reason why Nigerian women should be encouraged to be economically independent before and after marriage.

Absolutely!
Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by cococandy(f): 9:10pm On Dec 22, 2014
carefreewannabe:

LOL. cheesy

I thought her comment included this one.

We also have to consider that women in the West are NOT devalued with age like their counterparts in Africa. In Nigeria, a woman's worth depends on her age.
after looking at all these reasons, someone will still come and say marriage institution in Nigeria is better.
Rubbish

3 Likes

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by Nobody: 9:11pm On Dec 22, 2014
cococandy:
after looking at all these reAsians, someone will still come and say marriage institution in Nigeria is better.
Rubbish

Of course, it's rubbish.
Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by MarieSucre(f): 3:04pm On Dec 23, 2014
dinachi:
Hahaha! Stop arguing for argument sake. You reasoning is oblique! Ur talking about being considerate to people, where did I support men to do otherwise? I have said that unless you remove bitterness from your heart against Nigerian men, you will never be able to argue straight. You did not see the light, on the contrary,you were thoroughly deceived! When a woman focuses on challenging and arguing with her husband all the time just to prove a point, then she is setting herself up for a very very lonely life. Like I said earlier, being with a man or marriage to a Nigerian man is not compulsory. These days we have transgender and Homosexuals. Options dey! But if you are a Nigerian woman who wants to marry and live in peace, then you have to submit to his authority and be humble, Shikena!
You really still don't get the point, do you? don't fault others for adopting standard that you also subscribe too. try to be tolerant and considerate of others people and their views irrespective of gender. You can continue on your path and thats fine but don't expect a dynamic world to stand still for you. your sneeze will not make everyone else catch cold. be well.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

This Elderly Man, Columbus Ihemekwele Is Missing (PHOTO) / Why The Rate Of Divorce Is High & Why Families Break Up / Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.