Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,859 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:06 PM

The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite (21807 Views)

Nigerian Man Married To 57 Women,150 Grandchildren (Photo) / A Nigerian Man Got Married To His Indian Girlfriend ( Pix Galleries) / What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by dinachi(m): 8:57am On Dec 21, 2014
netizenbuzz:

Yeah right, successful marriages. Ask how many women are actually happy in their marriages. I see the number of people who come to my mom for advice crying. They do all what is expected of them as wives but are still unhappy and have marital problems. It doesn't stop their men from cheating on them. This high divorce rate in the west which you are talking about, you are forgetting that there are other factors involved. I don't want to be a wife who will pretend to be happy when I'm not so that society can tag me a "good wife". So that I will hold resentment against my husband all my life and now end up in hell over lack of forgiveness?? God forbid.
Stop reasoning like this. Western feminist propaganda has done a lot of damage to the psyche of some Nigerian women. A woman who was once happy following Husbands leadership suddenly finds it resentful because of western propaganda. Be careful what you allow inside you. How can such a woman be happy in her marriage? No body cheats on their wives like western men and vice versa. Their women are not any better. If you really want to be happy to do anything you want, then do not marry at all. Marriage is for mature people who can take tough decisions sometimes. It is not for children who want to be on a perpetual high all their lives. And stop attaching your happiness to someone else. Happiness is a function of your state of mind. It is not your husbands fault that you are not happy. IT IS A CHOICE. I have seen people passing through difficult times filled with joy and happiness and I have seen highly successful people that are very sad. Like I said ealier submission and humility is an attitude and mindset. It reflects in the way you talk, carry yourself, obedience to your husband because he is your HEAD!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by Abbey2sam(m): 8:57am On Dec 21, 2014
firstEVA:
common stop acting like you know me, my post is about my observation on the Average Nigerian man, not all men, you'll be surprised that my man is nothing like the average Nigerian man undecided

Now you're the hypocrite, you generalised something and when someone does the same, you exclude yourself
Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by Osakah24(m): 8:59am On Dec 21, 2014
firstEVA:
The Average Nigerian man of today expects his wife/girlfriend to not depend on him financially, she should be an independent woman, she should be like the women from the west who would pay the bills when they both go out on a date.

On the other hand, the average Nigerian man of today wants a humble, loyal and submissive woman a woman who MUST NOT behave like women from the west who would challenge his authority as head, argue with him and even give him a slap when the argument becomes intense, no, mba. In other words they want gender equality but do don't want gender equality.
Isn't this the greatest hypocrisy of all times?
Abeg No vex, how did you reach this conclusion? did you test or just observed? and whats your yard stick for measuring an average nigerian man ? ,Are your points based on men's behaviors in marriage or while dating?
Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by segnys007(m): 9:03am On Dec 21, 2014
An average Nigerian man or an average NIGERIAN? Sis, hypocrisy is a HUMAN thing!
Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by M4gunners: 9:16am On Dec 21, 2014
firstEVA:
When did you become an advocate for men? @ vivly
They should just know they can't have it all, no one woman can be all.
And when did saying the truth turns to offence in nairaland? @firstEVA
Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by citywal(m): 9:24am On Dec 21, 2014
Yes dats wat we wnt bt no woman cn hv all dis cos girl of nw our days ar always wanting their guy or man to b all n all n hv d big house n cars
Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by Begonia(m): 9:26am On Dec 21, 2014
Most of the guys that commented on this thread just proved the op right. It's a damn shame.

1 Like

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by rocgirl: 9:27am On Dec 21, 2014
firstEVA:
common stop acting like you know me, my post is about my observation on the Average Nigerian man, not all men, you'll be surprised that my man is nothing like the average Nigerian man undecided
Lmao..
Tell moi you didn't mistakenly type out that line?
Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by charlsecy(m): 9:29am On Dec 21, 2014
I want a decent woman that I am willing to spend my wealth on.
Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by Nobody: 9:34am On Dec 21, 2014
Do people even know what "the average man mean"? How can it mean ALL MEN? Jeezzzzz

3 Likes

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by vislabraye(m): 9:36am On Dec 21, 2014
firstEVA:
The Average Nigerian man of today expects his wife/girlfriend to not depend on him financially, she should be an independent woman, she should be like the women from the west who would pay the bills when they both go out on a date.

On the other hand, the average Nigerian man of today wants a humble, loyal and submissive woman a woman who MUST NOT behave like women from the west who would challenge his authority as head, argue with him and even give him a slap when the argument becomes intense, no, mba. In other words they want gender equality but do don't want gender equality.

So if you can pay your bills, then you are now the oga of the home.
Well, marriage is not meant for everybody. If you choose to behave like the women from the West, get a husband from the West. After all, Oprah is not married.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by TDstarr: 9:36am On Dec 21, 2014
aisha2:
Why should you give him a slap? Is that what " western " women do?
What has paying bills got to do with being badly behaved, rude and uncultured? Even when I go out with friends we spilt the bill based on what we all ate does that mean I will now start challenging them, slapping them and being rude to them?

Young ladies please read and understand the concept and struggle of feminisim before you put yourself in trouble.

If you slap a man he has the right to give you a powerful slap back. If a woman in the west slaps a man he can sue her for assault and get paid loads of money in damages.

If I pay my own bills, spilt cheques and take care of myself it simply means I respect myself and know my responsibility towards myself and don't see a man as my atm.

You marry a man because you love him and respect him. That love and respect shouldn't be based on what he can or can't give you.
can you have my children?? cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by TDstarr: 9:40am On Dec 21, 2014
lilmax:
man in all things like?
your ideal marriage is were the man works as a slave for you and your children , while u nag , control him with sex and lie that doin chores is hard. Upgrade your mentality

2 Likes

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by TDstarr: 9:51am On Dec 21, 2014
Hahahahahahahhahahaha, lwkmd, women know what men want that's. Why dey pretend to be loyal and independent . So dey will marry dem, I have fallen victime of this before.....if you know what men want why argue?
Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by deeptesting(m): 10:07am On Dec 21, 2014
netizenbuzz:

I keep hearing this word "ungrateful". You sound so entitled. You are immature and not ready for marriage if you are expecting praise for everything you do. If you really love your wife, this wouldn't be a point.

lol, i know this forum is full of kids. When u're married and have spent at least 8yrs in marriage you can get in touch with me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by Evina(f): 10:11am On Dec 21, 2014
iykedare:

For Christ sake,why do people reason like this ? Op said that Nigerian men(your man inclusive ) are wack except her man and You see nothing wrong with such stooopid comment.

For Christ sake, why do people lack comprehension skills this bad? Op stated, "the average Nigerian man". (Meaning many excluded) now her man and mine are inclusive in the excluded guys. cheesy wink cool

You quickly concluded she was referring to all because you fit the bill. Dude, change your ways and become one of the exclusives grin

Twisting the message and attacking the op further proves her point.

4 Likes

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by deeptesting(m): 10:12am On Dec 21, 2014
netizenbuzz:

I keep hearing this word "ungrateful". You sound so entitled. You are immature and not ready for marriage if you are expecting praise for everything you do. If you really love your wife, this wouldn't be a point.

Kids who thinks love is stupidity.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by Evina(f): 10:15am On Dec 21, 2014
slimmy05:
There is no bitter pill of any sort here. It's just the usual low self esteem and fight for equality.

Simply go marry a man, pay his groom price which is never possible. Save us all the fowl cry.

LOL.

Slimmy, learn from the gospel of truth offered. cheesy
You know you are not Indian, why is the payment of dowry your challenge?
Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by Evina(f): 10:37am On Dec 21, 2014
firstEVA:
Do people even know what "the average man mean"? How can it mean ALL MEN? Jeezzzzz

My thoughts exactly!!!
Well, only the guilty feel accused. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by deebrain(m): 10:38am On Dec 21, 2014
Vivly:
No. I think they want a humble, loyal and submissive woman that is independent and does not depend on them financially.

hmmm
Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by smite(m): 11:08am On Dec 21, 2014
dinachi:
If all the women in your family lineage argue and challenge then your family lineage is cursed!

this guy have killed me. can't stop laughing. Chai!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by EmmyDe25(m): 11:11am On Dec 21, 2014
Vivly:
No. I think they want a humble, loyal and submissive woman that is independent and does not depend on them financially.
Kisses*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by smite(m): 11:11am On Dec 21, 2014
dinachi:
Nigerian wives who are independent, submissive and humble are heroes loved dearly by their husbands,adored by their children. As for the few cursed, shallow, unwise and childish little girls here arguing blindly and foolishly confusing themselves with their imaginary image of what they want their husbands to be, I have one word for y'all. Dream on! Go and read about the richest black woman in the world Mrs Alakija and learn oh foolish woman that being successful does not mean you should be disrespectful and rude to your husband. We pick good ideas from western culture but we should not dump our own. It is time for western women to bring their asses down here and learn from the successful, hardworking, submissive and humble Nigerian wives. They need to learn some things from us. Their marriages and their men in the west will be better for it.

thumbs up!
Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 21, 2014
dinachi:
Nigerian wives who are independent, submissive and humble are heroes loved dearly by their husbands,adored by their children. As for the few cursed, shallow, unwise and childish little girls here arguing blindly and foolishly confusing themselves with their imaginary image of what they want their husbands to be, I have one word for y'all. Dream on! Go and read about the richest black woman in the world Mrs Alakija and learn oh foolish woman that being successful does not mean you should be disrespectful and rude to your husband. We pick good ideas from western culture but we should not dump our own. It is time for western women to bring their asses down here and learn from the successful, hardworking, submissive and humble Nigerian wives. They need to learn some things from us. Their marriages and their men in the west will be better for it.

Nigerian marriages are better? I laugh in Mandarin. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by angelsing(m): 11:20am On Dec 21, 2014
mhyra:
Some men Don't know what they want until they're stuck with someone they can Not change.. just be the kinda woman you want to be.. if they Don't like it..?? they should try creating someone who'd fit in their fantasy
So even if the character of the lady in question is bad, so because she does not want to change the man shud go and create its fantasy?..funny, my friend just lost his engage fiancee to anger cos she gets angry easily with little or no provocation..hope u are not one of those ladies who will not change their attitude even if its bad..no offense meant
Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by lolababe331e: 11:57am On Dec 21, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Nigerian marriages are better? I laugh in Mandarin. grin grin grin

Lol yeah , Nigerian marriages are the best with the husbands rewarding their slave wives by chasing young girls around , impregnating girls and marrying 2nd wives. Yeah very beautiful marriages grin , that is why a lot of Nigerian women go from Church to Church crying from their suffering .

Nigerian marriages are so good yet polls have said Nigerian women are the most unfaithfuls and a lot of children do not belong to the husband. grin I guess they show their happiness with their husbands and marriages by sleeping with other men grin

The only difference is they don't have the guts or the support to leave, go and ask around and see how miserable most Nigerian marriages really are. The parties stay in it, playing charade while they play away games, that is the difference most westerners will rather leave than live a life of hypocrisy lipsrsealed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by Nobody: 11:59am On Dec 21, 2014
lolababe331e:

Lol yeah , Nigerian marriages are the best with the husbands rewarding their slave wives by chasing young girls around , impregnating girls and marrying 2nd wives. Yeah very beautiful marriages grin , that is why a lot of Nigerian women go from Church to Church crying from their suffering .

Nigerian marriages are so good yet polls have said Nigerian women are the most unfaithfuls and a lot of children do not belong to the husband. grin I guess they show their happiness with their husbands and marriages by sleeping with other men grin

The only difference is they don't have the guts or the support to live, go and ask around and see how miserable most Nigerian marriages really are. The parties stay in it, playing charade while they play away games, that is the difference most westerners will rather leave than live a life of hypocrisy
word

1 Like

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 21, 2014
lolababe331e:

The only difference is they don't have the guts or the support to leave, go and ask around and see how miserable most Nigerian marriages really are. The parties stay in it, playing charade while they play away games, that is the difference most westerners will rather leave than live a life of hypocrisy lipsrsealed

You have said it all. I couldn't say it better. wink
Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by scribble: 12:20pm On Dec 21, 2014
firstEVA:
When did you become an advocate for men? @ vivly
They should just know they can't have it all, no one woman can be all.

and no one man can be all to you

at least let him share his talents with other women too
Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by scribble: 12:21pm On Dec 21, 2014
lolababe331e:

Nigerian women cheat for neglect and revenge and oftentimes lust

Nigerian men cheat because polygamy is our cultural heritage which women were happy when the white man taught us their way which is not even sustainable or working for them any longer

There are good men out here sha, that is men whose wives dont know about the away games shocked cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by NATHSUN(m): 12:22pm On Dec 21, 2014
firstEVA:

hmmmnnnm ladies and money......... chei
Re: The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite by scribble: 12:23pm On Dec 21, 2014
Dont mind all these women coming here speaking English

A real man will never see it as a favour from a woman for him to marry her

But women their brain is wired like fish...all their desire is for a man

the resentful ones go towards feminism and/or lesbianism but all in all, they are looking for a man to make them complete

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Have You Ever Had An Odd Guest? (my experience) / A Nairalander And His Late Mother (photo) / Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.