Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,293 members, 7,818,991 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) (23040 Views)

Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? / Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols / 5 Easy Steps To Debunking The Quran (for Christians, Atheists, Agnostics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by Fourwinds: 10:16am On Dec 21, 2014
herald9:

[size=30]This passage doesn't correlate at all...Was burning of incense a law or instructions? [/size]

Of course.. he came to fulfill it..by doing so...we are free from the laws to embrace this new grace.

#peace

Just imagination...

After converting a Buddhist?...You bring him to your Catholic church to partake in your worship... If he sees all the burning of candles...bowing to the cross... and that their occult-like processions...

What will he think of you guys?
so Jesus fulfillment of d old testament is a bullshit rite.? hmmmm I think u nid tutorial

2 Likes

Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by Athanatos(m): 10:18am On Dec 21, 2014
herald9:

Is this the intelligent reply you told me about?
Then I'm disappointedsad

I expected to see not less than two or more Biblical portions to backup this your assumptions but you've failed to do so....Which goes to show that The Catholic have been Doing The Thinking For Their God since 0.0BC.

I don't care if you call him Chief Peter,Professor Peter, Doctor Peter etc...But saint-izing him which makes him automatically become a demi-god capable of being worshipped is against Biblical injunctions.
Even in their life time,the apostles refused to be worshipped ( Acts 10:25-26 ; 14:13-14 ). The holy angels too refused to be worshipped ( Revelation
19:10 ; 22:9 ).
Why force title and worship on people who doesn't need it?...Isn't that bullying?

Is high time you guys start adopting the Bible as the only book that contains the tenets of Christendom.

Any other additions are against the authority of the Bible.

If Peter became a saint after his death...then
Pastor E.O.Okon of Apostolic Church should be a saint by now.

Lolz
Simon,you are Peter(rock),and on this rock I build my church...forgotten the Bible verse buh I'm pretty sure its in the Bible. Jesus conferred that title on Simon Peter after he was moved by the spirit to confess that Jesus is Lord.
Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by Fourwinds: 10:24am On Dec 21, 2014
herald9:

Quote any portion of the Bible that said Peter was a Saint and a pope
hmmm. so Peter., Jesus Christ disciple is not a saint because d Bible didn't make mention of it. what Jesus Christ Himself had revealed about Peter while He was with d disciples.? u are lost if cannt read inbetween d lines

1 Like

Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by asamaigho(m): 10:25am On Dec 21, 2014
FrancisTony:
Okay! This is an excerpt from herald9's comment.
He made it on a thread, and I extracted the one that's relevant to the thread and answered, inorder not to derail. But, I decided to create this thread and explain the others for him.

https://www.nairaland.com/2047953/december25th-bible/1#28984621

Luke1:10- And the whole multitude of the people was praying outside at the hour of incense.

Exodus30: 34-37
34. And the LORD said to Moses: Take sweet spices, stacte and onycha and galbanum, and pure frankincese with these sweet spices; there shall be equal amounts of each.
35. "You shall make of these an incense, a compound according to the art of the perfumer, salted, pure and holy.
36 "And you shall beat some of it before the testimony in the tabernacle of meeting where I will meet with you. It shall be most holy to you.
37. "But as for the incense which you shall make, you shall not make any for yourselves, according to its composition. It shall be to you holy for the LORD.

So brother, tell me how this is a pagans tradition?. Only protestants who are not practising it, that should be accused from deviating away in what the Lord our God has told us to obey.

Proverb 15:8- The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD,
But the prayer of the uprights is His delight.

^^^it goes that show that the prayer of wicked ones isn't acceptable in the eyes of our LORD GOD. So, who would do that?

Number21:8-9
8. Then the LORD said to Moses, "Make a fiery serpent, and set it on a pole; and it shall be that everyone who is bitten, when he looks at it, shall live.
9. So Moses made a bronze serpent, and put it on a pole; and so it was, if a serpent had bitten anyone, when he looked at the bronze serpent, he lived.

Exodus25:17-20
17. "You shall make a mercy seat of pure gold; two and a half cubits shall be its length and a cubit and a half its width.
18. "And you shall make two cherubim of gold; of hammered work you shall make them at the two ends of the mercy seat.
19. "Make one cherub at one end, and the other cherub at the other end; you shall make the cherubim at the two ends of it of one piece with the mercy seat.
20. "And the cherubim shall stretch out their wings above, covering the mercy seat with their wings, and they shall face one another; the faces of the cherubim shall be toward the mercy seat.

Act19:11-12
11. Now God worked unusual miracles by the hands of Paul,
12 So that even handkerchiefs or aprons were brought from his body to the sick, and the diseases left them and the evil spirits went out of them.

Who adores cross? shocked You mean your Church? My Church doesn't.
Or could you clarify what you mean by it?

At underlined, really? grin Provide a biblical proof, biko? cheesy

At emboldened, Matthew5:17 Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets, I didn't come to destroy but to fufill. wink

Glory to Jesus,
Honour to Mary. smiley

I just hope catholics r not lost forever.
Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by tonywizman: 10:25am On Dec 21, 2014
herald9:

[size=30]This passage doesn't correlate at all...Was burning of incense a law or instructions? [/size]

Of course.. he came to fulfill it..by doing so...we are free from the laws to embrace this new grace.

#peace

Just imagination...

After converting a Buddhist?...You bring him to your Catholic church to partake in your worship... If he sees all the burning of candles...bowing to the cross... and that their occult-like processions...

What will he think of you guys?
mind your tongue
Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by herald9: 10:27am On Dec 21, 2014
9jacrip:

At the emboldened is where you, like many others show you do not understand religion in relation to humanity.

There is only one God served through different channels.

The difference in these channels is that different belief system evolved along cultural lines which include the history in the manual (supposed Holy Book), language, dramatist personae in the manuals, style of dressing etc

Judaism - Jews, Christianity - Europeans, Bhuddism - Asians, Isese - Yoruba, Islam - Arab, Egyptians had theirs, Romans had theirs, Greeks had theirs and the AmerIndian had theirs too etc.

As a result, no religion has a special God but they have special ways of reaching one God and no belief is superior nor guarantees spiritual safety or heaven/hell.

Religion, other than filling man's hunger to connect with the creator of him and his environment, also serves as a tool to create and sustain a sain society.

TRUE...

I'm not a religious fanatic sha...
I believe every religion has it rights to existence and practices.
I just don't like it when some people try to make theirs superior to others... that's what brought about this argument.

It might interest you to know I'm a deistembarassed

1 Like

Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by Jimmyo3(m): 10:27am On Dec 21, 2014
Catholicism have been living in sin they know well about for centuries now,worshiping God with images is a sin...the bible clearly state ''do not make for urselves any graven images to the likeness of anything above,on or beneath the Earth,for I am a jealouse God'' therefore making images of Jesus and Mary that nobody had a true picture of is a very big sin and challenging the power and words of God...
Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by Nobody: 10:35am On Dec 21, 2014
herald9:

TRUE...

I'm not a religious fanatic sha...
I believe every religion has it rights to existence and practices.
I just don't like it when some people try to make theirs superior to others... that's what brought about this argument.

It might interest you to know I'm a deistembarassed

Thank you.

Religion itself is mental disorder causing factor in that it is a brainwashing tool like the media and when excessively absorbed, the mind snaps and powerbof logic disappears.

A religious person is no more than a crack head, they both suffer from mind problems and they have lost the power to ask cogent questions, they just want to revel in their high.

The Abrahamic religions are the ones struggling for supremacy and to think Africans even take it too serious than the originators disgusts me.

Deism is good, it is the first step to discovering what works for you. I started off as a deist too but hey I'm a traditionalist now and nothing feels better.

1 Like

Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by herald9: 10:38am On Dec 21, 2014
Fourwinds:
hmmm. so Peter., Jesus Christ disciple is not a saint because d Bible didn't make mention of it. what Jesus Christ Himself had revealed about Peter while He was with d disciples.? u are lost if cannt read inbetween d lines

If the Bible said...there's no righteous person on earth, no not one...

What then qualifies a mortal man like Peter who was born the same way like us to become a saint?

1 Like

Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by Fourwinds: 10:39am On Dec 21, 2014
herald9:

Most forward thinking?..

I laugh in Safarigrin
is tithe not of old testament.? yet churches practise it. y will dey. not. pastors becoming millioners and billioners.

3 Likes

Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by fiftynaira(m): 10:40am On Dec 21, 2014
Catholic
Till
I
DIE!!!

4 Likes

Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by Fourwinds: 10:41am On Dec 21, 2014
herald9:

What then qualifies a mortal man like Peter who was born the same way like us to become a saint?

what about d transfiguration. who appeared to Jesus Christ. where are dey

1 Like

Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by NewSpiritMan: 10:41am On Dec 21, 2014
herald9:

Lolz... don't try to play on our intelligence...

The Bible is just a compilation of Scriptures written by Men of God in the olden days...And also a recording of the acts of apostles... words of wisdom and guidance.

So even if it was compiled by the Catholic church... It doesn't give them the right to tamper with whatsoever is written therein as it was inspired of the holy spirit.

Mind you...The Bible is just a modern name for the 'The Scriptures' which Jesus repeatedly used throughout his stay on earth.undecided
A little reminder bro. The scriptures is the book of Judaism today. It is comprised of the old testament books. The gospel is not in the scriptures. The gospel is the true message that will save you. That was what Jesus Christ is all about. Jesus Christ is the true Word of God.
Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by herald9: 10:44am On Dec 21, 2014
9jacrip:

Thank you.

Religion itself is mental disorder causing factor in that it is a brainwashing tool like the media and when excessively absorbed, the mind snaps and powerbof logic disappears.

A religious person is no more than a crack head, they both suffer from mind problems and they have lost the power to ask cogent questions, they just want to revel in their high.

The Abrahamic religions are the ones struggling for supremacy and to think Africans even take it too serious than the originators disgusts me.

Deism is good, it is the first step to discovering what works for you. I started off as a deist too but hey I'm a traditionalist now and nothing feels better.

grin
Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by Fourwinds: 10:45am On Dec 21, 2014
herald9:

if u are a pastor of a church I pity ur followers because u know nothing. So Moses is not a saint becauae d Bible didn't state it and yet he waa there during Transfiguration

1 Like

Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by akoaki(m): 10:47am On Dec 21, 2014
It is impossible for humans to interprete all scriptures correctly but i think it is better to worship God with common sense. With common sense you will be able to read God's mind and what he desires from all persons. Without knowledge and common sense, people are perished. That is why smart pastors smile to the bank while the congregation suffer and cry continually.
Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by sorom4: 10:48am On Dec 21, 2014
herald9:

Lolz... you intentionally dodged my questions cause you know there are hidden truths therein...

Why are you people always suppressing the truth in order to continually propagate a false doctrine?

I clearly stated that the incense in the bowl is not to be taken literally...

It represented 'The prayers of the saints' (believers).

Just check out the the functions of incense burning in the olden days and you'll see why it's not still important in this new covenant age.

#peace
Your church is the type that doesnt regard the old testament and all its writings/teachings. Left for you and your likes, it would have bn deleted. You should also argue that God didnt create the universe, since its in the old testament

1 Like

Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by veraiyke(m): 10:53am On Dec 21, 2014
D same bible says dat we should not worship any image of any kind or bow down to any oda xept God for he is a jealous God. It also says dat our prayers n request shud b made to God alone tru Christ alone hu s d mediator,d way,truth n life. D upright used is d one hu is praying wich God says he accept. It dosnt mean praying to Saints to intercede for us. D bible is clear. It is us humans dt misinterpretes it by our shallow understanding of d settings n backgrounds behind each passage n book.
Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by sorom4: 11:02am On Dec 21, 2014
All these protestants knows the truth and their roots but they have choosen not to embrace it due to worldly things. Christ even know that this will happen; thats why He prayed, "Father, may they all be one"
Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by CMARY(m): 11:03am On Dec 21, 2014
Jimmyo3:
Catholicism have been living in sin they know well about for centuries now,worshiping God with images is a sin...the bible clearly state ''do not make for urselves any graven images to the likeness of anything above,on or beneath the Earth,for I am a jealouse God'' therefore making images of Jesus and Mary that nobody had a true picture of is a very big sin and challenging the power and words of God...
What makes you think that by Exodus God forbade the making of signs and Images at all? That's a wrong interpretation of the Bible. If it were signs to make or use images then God is the first culprit you know why? In Gen9vs12 God made use of the rainbow to help him remember not to destroy the world with water. In exo12vs6to13 God needed the sign me the blood to locate the israelites. If our all knowing God, who is wisdom himself, who does not forget now needs a sign to remember , and locate his people then you and i need the sign of the cross atleast to remind of the death me Jesus on the cross. Also go to Exo25vs18 God commanded the making of Image of two angels on the Ark of the covenant. And in numbers 21vs 6-9 God commanded the making of the bronze serpent. In the book of Joshua 7vs6. JOSHUa with all the elders of israel laid prostrate before the ark of the covenant that has the images of two angels on it till evening and God did not complain. So what is wrong in my bowing before the statue of Mary who is the ark of the new covenant? Be wise read your bible well.
Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by herald9: 11:06am On Dec 21, 2014
pweetyz:
i'm not exactly good at giving Bible quotations but that does not imply that i am wrong in any way

if you say that the bible is the only place where the tenets of christendom can be found then what happens to the revelations God makes to people..what happens to the instructions given by God to his faithful servants after the bible was written..should they be rendered void and untrue simply because they are not contained in the bible..

Peter being canonized does not in any way portray him as a demi-god that should be worshipped..it only attaches to him the honour that he fully deserves for living a holy life while on earth
saints are to be emulated not worshipped..
saints are people who lived righteous lives while on earth who made tremendous sacrifices for the lord and rendered various services to God
they are not in any way worshipped..children are taught about saints in order to correct their erring ways and make them see the beauty of serving the Lord

i'd advise you to get a book of saints from a nearby catholic church cos only then can you understand their purpose

they are only to he honoured..same way steven was made a matyr cos he died for his faith..thats the same way some saints are killed cos of their faith

Owk lady... I don't really argue religion with people who doesn't make their holy books a point of reference... At least if you believe that the Bible is the source of your belief and a fountain of your godly wisdom...You should refer to it always inorder not to make what you know look like an assumption.

Assumptions can't win a soul...That person you're trying to convert might want you to proof what you're trying to tell him in your book of faith.

Thanks for your intelligent post,sweet.

As for your book of saints...I don't really need that cause I have loads of novels to digest.

Thanks again... Happy Sundaysmiley

1 Like

Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by herald9: 11:11am On Dec 21, 2014
tonywizman:
mind your tongue

Lolz... Sir...My tongue is innocent...

Blame my fingers and brain insteadcheesy

1 Like

Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by herald9: 11:13am On Dec 21, 2014
sorom4:
Your church is the type that doesnt regard the old testament and all its writings/teachings. Left for you and your likes, it would have bn deleted. You should also argue that God didnt create the universe, since its in the old testament

Let's save the creation part for another day wink
Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by herald9: 11:14am On Dec 21, 2014
NewSpiritMan:

A little reminder bro. The scriptures is the book of Judaism today. It is comprised of the old testament books. The gospel is not in the scriptures. The gospel is the true message that will save you. That was what Jesus Christ is all about. Jesus Christ is the true Word of God.

Amen
Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by herald9: 11:17am On Dec 21, 2014
Fourwinds:
is tithe not of old testament.? yet churches practise it. y will dey. not. pastors becoming millioners and billioners.

Even Jesus paid tight sir...but that's not my business.
Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by ojinuocheibi(m): 11:19am On Dec 21, 2014
@ all... Watch out. Once religion came from the Catholic Church, u can never be so certain what u believe is right or wrong. The Catholic Church has the ability to shut down religion any day. What is required is maybe a journal from its archive in Rome. In case yall dunno, religion is a big fraud. Do ur research and draw ur conclusion. Peace. Am outta here.
Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by Gariki: 11:25am On Dec 21, 2014
herald9:

I pray cause Jesus prayed ...I sing cause the disciples sang....and they are all recorded in the Bible.
But Jesus didn't use incense while praying...neither his disciples... So if you can't answer my questions... just read along and get wisdom wink

can you tell me where Jesus used internet, can you tell me where the disciple clap their hands while singing in the bible can you tell me where the apostles criticized other brethren who at the same type practice the same faith? he Jesus simple said in john that even as many that believed only in his name shall be saved the time u used in criticized your fellow brethren why not use it to convert souls for Christ imaging other of the our brothers who are not of the same faith see all this your fight of who worship best how will that help them to be convert? remember that he said woe to anyone who cause my liltle one to sin and there will be a jubilation for single soul that repent in heaven. please brethren let us unit and fight the power of darkness not of the blood. because the bible which from the book of gen. it was recorded that God has given us dominion over anything on earth and Jesus confirm it to us when he told us that what ever two of us agree on earth it shall be esterblish for us on heaven... peace to all in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by herald9: 11:31am On Dec 21, 2014
Gariki:

can you tell me where Jesus used internet, can you tell me where the disciple clap their hands while singing in the bible can you tell me where the apostles criticized other brethren who at the same type practice the same faith? he Jesus simple said in john that even as many that believed only in his name shall be saved the time u used in criticized your fellow brethren why not use it to convert souls for Christ imaging other of the our brothers who are not of the same faith see all this your fight of who worship best how will that help them to be convert? remember that he said woe to anyone who cause my liltle one to sin and there will be a jubilation for single soul that repent in heaven. please brethren let us unit and fight the power of darkness not of the blood. because the bible which from the book of gen. it was recorded that God has given us dominion over anything on earth and Jesus confirm it to us when he told us that what ever two of us agree on earth it shall be esterblish for us on heaven... peace to all in Jesus name

amen

2 Likes

Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by Nobody: 11:37am On Dec 21, 2014
RELIGIONS' LEGION
EACH PROUD OF ITS OWN WAYS
AND CLAIMING RIGHT OF WAY
TO JUST ONE BEING
Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by Kelgabriel5(m): 11:38am On Dec 21, 2014
herald9:

I pray cause Jesus prayed ...I sing cause the disciples sang....and they are all recorded in the Bible.
But Jesus didn't use incense while praying...neither his disciples... So if you can't answer my questions... just read along and get wisdom wink
so u didn't c d part dat d wisemen offered Jesus(GOD) Myrrh(incense).wat shallow wisdom am i 2 gain frm u sef
Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by PharmFonex(m): 11:42am On Dec 21, 2014
Honour to Mary. ......biblical bkup 4 dis one na??
Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by Kelgabriel5(m): 11:46am On Dec 21, 2014
PharmFonex:

Honour to Mary. ......biblical bkup 4 dis one na??
romans 16:6

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Witness To Loved Ones Who Are Roman Catholics / Pastor Adeboye Blesses Handkerchiefs At RCCG 2017 Congress / Why You Should Avoid Sexual Immoralities On Campus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.