Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,096 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion (18898 Views)

Why Are Atheists All Over The World So Slow And Irrational / My Thoughts And Questions About Religion / Why Do Atheists Always Debate Theists And God's Existence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by SeverusSnape(m): 9:24am On Dec 21, 2014
ojimbo:
you have watched one guiness advertisement where it was stated that "black is not a colour, it is just an attitude" Does it make any sense to you?
Christianity is a religion. Stop twisting english language
Spot on!...I hate it when people (Christians ) say "Christianity is not a religion",If it's not, then what is it?...an ideology?
They are all religions and they've done more harm than good in this world of ours.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by PontiffMaximus: 9:26am On Dec 21, 2014
I AM A PROUD ATHEIST.......
WE ARE NOT TRYING TO CHANGE YOUR MIND ABOUT YOUR GOD, WE DONT JUST WANT YOU DISTURBING OUR PEACE WITH THE NOISE.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Johnnoo(m): 9:26am On Dec 21, 2014
NLers...please save yourselves all these attacks & insults. You're entitled to believe whatever you want. The free-will is all yours. Choose what you want and wait for the day of reckoning...
NB: People that have gone to the great beyond haven't lived to tell the story

1 Like

Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by natureblack(m): 9:26am On Dec 21, 2014
Rendezvou:
Because they are not 100% sure atheism is the right choice. So they always seek evidences to justify their disbelieve in order to appease their troubled minds.
did you say "troubled mind".......

Am I the one to be "troubled" about a God who is Omni-potent,but yet couldn't foresee the contumacy of Adam and Eve.

Please have a rethink who is troubled comprehending the myth in the bible and Koran.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 21, 2014
I have met staunch atheists on internet...people like Angela Martin,ask an atheist,invisible diety and so on..

It's like they sit 247 on the computer trying to lure the week minded...They are never tired of arguing,but whence they find out u knw much about their stupidity and mental blockage,they stop arguing.

Their main defense is science but they have refused to know that it was God that gave us scientific knowledge in order to explore the world.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by GSKing: 9:30am On Dec 21, 2014
@Op, the same reason doctors continuously talk about diseases. Why can't doctors just allow these diseases to grow and spread? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by menesheh(m): 9:31am On Dec 21, 2014
How can a wise 21st century person believe a stone age ideology

Shiit that's religion for you

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Nobody: 9:34am On Dec 21, 2014
jmoore:

Yeah. foolish people left Christianity. And they accepted that apes are their brothers and sisters.grin

Isn't that better than believing in a Virgin birth and a homophobic book that encourages stoning little kids to death,including the fearful torture of in fire by a supposedly loving deity ?

And that includes Islam.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by natureblack(m): 9:35am On Dec 21, 2014
shadowgwalker:
dry maggot!get a life, you need hope!
see who resorted to scurrility.......the child of God who advocates for love.

Same way you resorted to insult to drive your point is akin to your muslim fellows up north that resorts to violence and killing to push a point......

Now you see why am an atheist undecided

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by jmoore(m): 9:38am On Dec 21, 2014
ifeness:

Isn't that better than believing in a Virgin birth and a homophobic book that encourages stoning little kids to death,including the fearful torture of in fire by a supposedly loving deity ?
So you acknowledged that you believe in atheismnonsense, huh? grin grin
Homosexuality is insanity. It is your choice. if you decide to follow that way.

The point of this thread is why waste your precious time on something you don't believe in, huh ?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 21, 2014
Because they are bored n deluded...
Sorry i came late yo motherfvcking atheists..
You was saying
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Nobody: 9:44am On Dec 21, 2014
Zikdik:

The book is about about overpopulation and the powers that be. A real eye opener. I've got a PDF format of it if you care.

so your saying that book converted u..
Shiit....u lack hometraining
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by streetzdreamz(m): 9:45am On Dec 21, 2014
Lols,they r deluded beings,and so damnably annoying,I mean they blame all dia woes on God,if dia is a God dis shudnt be happening,wallowing in self pity as if they r d first human going tru such trials,I met one some months back,he lost his lil sis n was so heartbroken he concluded there was no God with various degree of blasphemy,muslims,budhist,christians,traditionalist,and lots more,with dia various differences still believes dia is a supreme being who created them outdia,ask this mofos how they came into existence and they start telling u evolution theory,big bang theory,tidal hypothesis and al dose mumbo jumbo!!!I see em as lost souls that chose to stay lost. .l

1 Like

Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by xrazzy(m): 9:46am On Dec 21, 2014
Zikdik:

Check your mail. Those are my favourites.
please can you send them to me as well? Bhadmuzich@yahoo.com
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 21, 2014
davien:
It is the research of a lot of dead people that progressed mankind into the technologically advanced age it is today...
If everyone sat down and decided the world was too complicated for them to ever understand and hence needed only theological concepts then you and I would still have a lifespan of 20 years.
The difference between me and you is that I sincerely go after accurate knowledge or one that is the best model that evidence points to.
And if you indeed worked by faith you'd be a wanderer just like "jesus"(allegedly) no need to worry about food or accomodation.

if not for religion u would still b a savage...science sprang from religion..

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by menesheh(m): 9:49am On Dec 21, 2014
krayzieklay:

Post of the year.

Richard dawkins

He is like him, too good
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Nobody: 9:51am On Dec 21, 2014
Your parents begged God for fruit of the womb...
Train them well..they couldn't, see what your lot has turned into.
U are a shame
I pirry u..
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by menesheh(m): 9:53am On Dec 21, 2014
Zikdik:

Check your mail. Those are my favourites.

List ur favourite maka know the oned i ve not read

No Dan Brown, ve read all his books
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Nobody: 9:55am On Dec 21, 2014
jmoore:

So you acknowledged that you believe in atheismnonsense, huh? grin grin
Homosexuality is insanity. It is your choice. if you decide to follow that way.

The point of this thread is why waste your precious time on something you don't believe in, huh ?

Stop accusing me of what you do not not. Because i do not oppose homosexual doesn't make me one .Everyone have their way of life. At least they are not harming your or threatening you with fire and torment. It is surprising that you chose to love message of hell and torment!

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by NoContract(m): 9:56am On Dec 21, 2014
shadowgwalker:
hahaha!!you are speaking with one! I make a decree and it happens!A king is one with great authority. well, I have that because I am seated right there with the King of kings, I am joint heirs with Christ Jesus.
I can only talk about myself, there are a thousand and million other kings out there! I know you are confused right now! yeah ... want you to be. but to make this easy for you, do a research with only a Holy Bible.

I pity your deluded mind. Common bible wey niggas dey take wrap claro for Obalende.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 21, 2014
NigellusHosan:
Your parents begged God for fruit of the womb...
Train them well..they couldn't, see what your lot has turned into.
U are a shame
I pirry u..

Fruit of the womb is down to nature
/ sperm count and fertility not God.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Nobody: 9:57am On Dec 21, 2014
Many atheist pray when they find themselves in a difficult situation.

Well, your arguments as an atheist doesn't disprove the fact that there is a God, a positive energy.

A deep thinker once said and I quote "I better live as if there is a God, then die to find out there isn't than to live like there is no God, then die to find out there is"

Conclusively, I am a theist because I have been overwhelmed with a miracle than no one can ever attempt to explain.
Many great scientists are theist too.
So don't sound like you are ever-knowing.

To God be the glory.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 21, 2014
okoyemike:
Many atheist pray when they find themselves in a difficult situation.

Well, your arguments as an atheist doesn't disprove the fact that there is a God, a positive energy.

A deep thinker once said and I quote "I better live as if there is a God, then die to find out there isn't than to live like there is no God, then die to find out there is"

Conclusively, I am a theist because I have been overwhelmed with a miracle than no one can ever attempt to explain.
Many great scientists are theist too.
So don't sound like you are ever-knowing.

To God be the glory.

That is a negative way to live life, a fearful theory.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 21, 2014
ifeness:

Fruit of the womb is down to nature not God.

what do u know about nature..if u deny the existence of God ?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 21, 2014
NigellusHosan:

what do u know about nature..if u deny the existence of God ?

Ok do you have a proof of the existence of this god. Tell me/show me !

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Vicel: 10:04am On Dec 21, 2014
Hi all, I am interested in Dis argument going on here.

Let me declare my stand first I believe in d existence of God, his power, his will n glory.

To d atheist is one thing to believe n is another to disbelieve. There is freedom of Religion n a choice to accept if u want to be religious or not.
Since u don't believe in God allow does dat believe to continue in dere faith pls.

You all claim u don't believe in God n he does not exist, Now Dis ur argument begs a question, logically it can be inferred dat since God does not exist n we re in a world or to be more since inclined a Universe dat is filled with creatures n form DAT is only possible to cum to being without a super intelligent Creator.

Anaximenes a contemporary philosopher was d to make an indigenous guess as to d origin of man by saying DAT dey came from an animal (apes) of close specie. During deer tym dere was no difference between d scientifically prove n d magical explanation. In other words he was a Free Thinker.

Pls Atheists tell us ur own believe abt d way u think d universe came into being.
Is either u re a Creationist or an Evolutionist. U can't just dispute any fact without concrete reason, we re in d information Age maybe u have read sumtin from sumwere DAT is making u disbelieve in God u have thought abt it succinctly n cum to a conclusion of not believing.

I have been fascinated abt Spirituality for long n I ve read a lot of tins u atheist claim BT it is more confusing compared to d believe in God as a creator.

I knw of d big bang, d nebular theory, d story of d Sumerians n Mayans abt anunaki as d creator of d humans, So anything u think u have to say beta back it up well. I am studying Geology n humanity is a ting of serious interest to me.

I accept cosmogony BT any oda story na wash. Mind u it is area were Science n Theology meet.

Thank u al . happy sunday
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by duni04(m): 10:04am On Dec 21, 2014
Insecurity. They still have doubts about their choices and always need to reaffirm their faith in their beliefs by constantly thrashing religion. If you're absolutely sure about your choices or faith (or lack of it), you wouldn't need to thrash any religion to prove to yourself that you've made the right choice.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Nobody: 10:06am On Dec 21, 2014
ifeness:

That is a negative way to live life, a fearful theory.

I guess you are referring to the author of the statement I quoted, well myself too. Its a fearful theory, I believe that wholeheartedly.

The best reason to be a theist is simply summed up as faith but faith isn't for weak minds its for minds that can comprehend the unseen and interpret the inaudible.

Thanks for pointing out the author has a fearful theory, I pray God touches him/her to have faith like billions of faithful theists worldwide.
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Nobody: 10:06am On Dec 21, 2014
ifeness:

Ok do you have a proof of the existence of this god. Tell me/show me !

yh...seeing d faces of my loved ones alone is a proof..
Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by onetrack(m): 10:07am On Dec 21, 2014
For those who believe in a god, which god is it? One could even make the case that the god of the old testament and the god of the new are two different creatures.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion by Nobody: 10:08am On Dec 21, 2014
duni04:
Insecurity. They still have doubts about their choices and always need to reaffirm their faith in their beliefs by constantly thrashing religion. If you're absolutely sure about your choices or faith (or lack of it), you wouldn't need to thrash any religion to prove to yourself that you've made the right choice.

words on marble

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Prophet Odumeje Denies 80 Nigerians Were Deported From Indonesia Because Of Him / Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend / 3 Types Of Churchgoers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.