Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,120 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

Buhari: When Facts Become ‘contrived…’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: When Facts Become ‘contrived…’ (1028 Views)

Throwback Pic Of Buhari When He Was Decorated As A Major General. / General Buhari When He Was Oga To Abacha(picture) / Buahri ;when Facts Become Contrived (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: When Facts Become ‘contrived…’ by speshsworld(m): 6:49am On Dec 20, 2014
It is not my desire to join issues or engage any of my  colleagues in an open debate in the media. This article should therefore be seen as an exception. After reading Waziri Adio’s article on 15th December titled, “Is This, Finally, The Buhari Moment?” http://speshsworld.com/is-this-finally-the-buhari-moment/ I came to the inescapable conclusion that there were obvious gaps that needed to be filled. For the records, Mr Adio was spot on and I largely agree with the analysis except for the phrase ‘contrived handicaps’ which is suggestive of falsehood sold as truth.

I therefore find the urge to correct some misrepresentations too strong to resist. It is particularly expedient to fill the missing years between 1984 (about 30 years) ago when Buhari entered the consciousness of Nigerians with those immortal and awe inspiring words which Waziri heralded his article, “This generation of Nigerians and indeed future generations have no country other than Nigeria, we shall remain here and salvage it together” and his 2014 speech preceding his nomination when he stated thus, “We seek a new Nigeria. It starts with us, it starts today…. Nigeria is our home. Let us now turn it into the great Nation we know it can and should be.’’

Of truth, that statement in 1984 captivated and galvanised Nigerians across the country into looking inward and believing our situation was not beyond redemption. But the succeeding years have seen Buhari morphing into something of a caricature image far less noble than the vision encapsulated in that powerful summation of 1984.

These years have been very revealing of the Buhari personae.  So much water has passed under the bridge such that it would be wrong to condense and analyse Buhari on just two inspiring quotes 30 years apart and attempt to sell his candidature as a viable alternative. I find this unhelpful for a society yearning for direction.

What about the intervening years that have thrown up a deeply partisan, sectional and religious irredentist that I am sure, many Nigerians would find different from the man who spoke those words 30 years ago? The truth here is that from when he spoke his first words to Nigerians and became a fixture of sort in our psyche, Buhari has evolved severally; he has become a convoluted and conflicted brand. From an inspirational national leader, he withdrew into the conclave of an ethno-religious champion and a fanatical extremist who has sought without apologies to anyone,   to undermine everything the Nigeria nation stands for.

Read full article http://speshsworld.com/buhari-when-facts-become-contrived/

1 Like

Re: Buhari: When Facts Become ‘contrived…’ by thizojosky(m): 6:53am On Dec 20, 2014
Re: Buhari: When Facts Become ‘contrived…’ by temitemi1(m): 6:56am On Dec 20, 2014
Say NO to buhari... GEJ till 2019!!!

4 Likes

Re: Buhari: When Facts Become ‘contrived…’ by ogb5(m): 7:12am On Dec 20, 2014
Buhari and Tinubu are simply hoping the voice of reason will not prevail.

They are hoping to put lipstick on a pig and sell it to Nigerians as something to admire.

But Tinubu is wise, he is marrying Northern religious/Ethnic fanatism with SW propaganda machine. The result is to steal the presidency from a minority president through the backdoor.

The plan is simple, put a weak Northerner in power, select a docile VP from within the sw ranks, hope that the weak Northern president will delegate running of the country to the VP just like he did with Tunde Idiagbon in the 80's. Turn around and dictate to the docile VP on how to run the country and of course dictate whose pocket the country's money flows into.

The question is, will the plan work.

To work, it needs the SW voters to have a herd mentality, and vote without reasoning, just vote whoever Tinubu tells them.
Ofcourse herd mentality is well established up north already, but there is also herd mentality in the sw already. In 1999 they simply said vote AD and they voted the good the bad and the ugly AD presented. In 2003 they said vote our son Obasanjo in PDP. They simply voted the Good the bad and the ugly pdp had to offer, in 2007 they turn back and said our son is no longer president, vote ACN, true to type, the SW voted the good the bad and the ugly ACN had had to present.

How will it play out in 2015? they have said to the SW, vote APC, don't look at the character, capability and judgement of the APC candidate, just vote APC. Lets wait and see if the falcon will hear the falconer and vote in economics ideas that has expired 30 years ago

1 Like

Re: Buhari: When Facts Become ‘contrived…’ by SirHouloo(m): 7:19am On Dec 20, 2014
All I know is that the present tenure has done nothing to deserve a 'third term'. Even though I am not a buharist, I will still vote him 1000 times ahead of GEJ.
Re: Buhari: When Facts Become ‘contrived…’ by ogb5(m): 7:30am On Dec 20, 2014
SirHouloo:
All I know is that the present tenure has done nothing to deserve a 'third term'. Even though I am not a buharist, I will still vote him 1000 times ahead of GEJ.

This is the result of the sw propaganda I was talking about. This one did not even take a minute to reason. How can you say a government in power for 4 yrs has not done anything? have they not been paying salaries, or did they not set up schools, what about the changes in agriculture or the new auto policy that has brought about some auto manufacturing in the country?

He is not even saying the govt has done little, he said nothing, as in nothing!

What percentage of Nigerians have bought the propaganda?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: When Facts Become ‘contrived…’ by SirHouloo(m): 7:40am On Dec 20, 2014
ogb5:

This is the result of the sw propaganda I was talking about. This one did not even take a minute to reason. How can you say a government in power for 4 yrs has not done anything? have they not been paying salaries, or did they not set up schools, what about the changes in agriculture or the new auto policy that has brought about some auto manufacturing in the country?

He is not even saying the govt has done little, he said nothing, as in nothing!

What percentage of Nigerians have bought the propaganda?
Maybe this will be owk by you- ' GEJ has not done what can reward him a another term in office'
Re: Buhari: When Facts Become ‘contrived…’ by ogb5(m): 7:54am On Dec 20, 2014
SirHouloo:

Close to nothing will only equate to nothing.
All I see is the sale of what our past leaders worked for and built all in the name of privatisation. How will you feel seeing one's inheritance being sold without any sight of improvement?

Is it actually close to nothing? did OBJ actually achieve more than these in his 1st 4 years before people like you voted massively for him in 2003?
If you factor in the renovations of the airports, the multiple power plants that we built, the roads that were constructed in the last four years, will it still actually amount to "Close to Nothing"?

When you talk about sale of what past leaders work for, one is bound to wonder why you oppose privatization, do you honesty prefer Nitel to MTN or do you really want nepa to continue keeping Nigerians in darkness.

Don't you think it would have been better to privatize these companies, Nigeria National shipping line, Nigeria airways, Nipost, Nitel, Ajaokuta steel, Nigeria Railways and save billions of dollars budgeted yearly to these comatose companies and looted by political appointees appointed to run these business failures.

And to make the matter worse, the party you are routing for is expert in tolling life, they make you pay toll to go to work and to go home

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: When Facts Become ‘contrived…’ by onatisi(m): 7:55am On Dec 20, 2014
ogb5:
Buhari and Tinubu are simply hoping the voice of reason will not prevail.

They are hoping to put lipstick on a pig and sell it to Nigerians as something to admire.

But Tinubu is wise, he is marrying Northern religious/Ethnic fanatism with SW propaganda machine. The result is to steal the presidency from a minority president through the backdoor.

The plan is simple, put a weak Northerner in power, select a docile VP from within the sw ranks, hope that the weak Northern president will delegate running of the country to the VP just like he did with Tunde Idiagbon in the 80's. Turn around and dictate to the docile VP on how to run the country and of course dictate whose pocket the country's money flows into.

The question is, will the plan work.

To work, it needs the SW voters to have a herd mentality, and vote without reasoning, just vote whoever Tinubu tells them.
Ofcourse herd mentality is well established up north already, but there is also herd mentality in the sw already. In 1999 they simply said vote AD and they voted the good the bad and the ugly AD presented. In 2003 they said vote our son Obasanjo in PDP. They simply voted the Good the bad and the ugly pdp had to offer, in 2007 they turn back and said our son is no longer president, vote ACN, true to type, the SW voted the good the bad and the ugly ACN had had to present.

How will it play out in 2015? they have said to the SW, vote APC, don't look at the character, capability and judgement of the APC candidate, just vote APC. Lets wait and see if the falcon will hear the falconer and vote in economics ideas that has expired 30 years ago
please don't take the opinion of 5 junior secondary school students on nairaland as the general opinion of the south west. There is no way buhari can and will win in the south west. It is pointless arguing with people over and over it all the time. But u can keep arguing with them if u like. Even right now in the south west apc is facing serious threat of defeat, in oyo state it is almost 70% certain that they will lose and likewise in other sw states. Don't take the opinion of few apc politicians and members as the geneal feeling and mandate of the yoruba people. Bye

4 Likes

Re: Buhari: When Facts Become ‘contrived…’ by ogb5(m): 8:09am On Dec 20, 2014
onatisi:
please don't take the opinion of 5 junior secondary school students on nairaland as the general opinion of the south west. There is no way buhari can and will win in the south west. It is pointless arguing with people over and over it all the time. But u can keep arguing with them if u like. Even right now in the south west apc is facing serious threat of defeat, in oyo state it is almost 70% certain that they will lose and likewise in other sw states. Don't take the opinion of few apc politicians and members as the geneal feeling and mandate of the yoruba people. Bye

To many people, silence mean consent.

If the SW folks come online daily and keep ranting that a Buhari who overthrow a democratic government, who carried on at PTF as if there is no SW in the country, who actively supported religious fanatism by urging muslims to only vote for muslims, whose economic ideas is expired 30 yrs ago and the SW people of opposing views keep mute, then people will simply think that is the opinion of the SW.

Coupled to the fact that there has been clear cases of herd behaviour in the SW previously, one is bound to wonder if the herd behaviour will be displayed this time around.
Re: Buhari: When Facts Become ‘contrived…’ by onatisi(m): 8:31am On Dec 20, 2014
ogb5:

To many people, silence mean consent.

If the SW folks come online daily and keep ranting that a Buhari who overthrow a democratic government, who carried on at PTF as if there is no SW in the country, who actively supported religious fanatism by urging muslims to only vote for muslims, whose economic ideas is expired 30 yrs ago and the SW people of opposing views keep mute, then people will simply think that is the opinion of the SW.

Coupled to the fact that there has been clear cases of herd behaviour in the SW previously, one is bound to wonder if the herd behaviour will be displayed this time around.
bros many of those shouting buhari were either suckling babies in 1983 or they were not even born at all then. Every one that witnessed those 2 years know that buhari was a dummy president who only entertains foreign dignitaries,idiagbon was the main man who was ruling and who initiated the war against indiscipline plan and implemented it. The fear of idiagbon then was what drove many people to become discipline.the fear of idiagbon in lagos was so high that even the man in kano will not urinate on the streets. so when these small babies or secondary school pupils start writting super stories about buhari I don't really blame them,my advice to u is just to ignore them. Their cries and shouts doesn't go beyond nairaland and besides majority oof them doesn't even voters card,by replying their posts u are given them a feeling of importance .

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: When Facts Become ‘contrived…’ by ogb5(m): 8:51am On Dec 20, 2014
onatisi:
bros many of those shouting buhari were either suckling babies in 1983 or they were not even born at all then. Every one that witnessed those 2 years know that buhari was a dummy president who only entertains foreign dignitaries,idiagbon was the main man who was ruling and who initiated the war against indiscipline plan and implemented it. The fear of idiagbon then was what drove many people to become discipline.the fear of idiagbon in lagos was so high that even the man in kano will not urinate on the streets. so when these small babies or secondary school pupils start writting super stories about buhari I don't really blame them,my advice to u is just to ignore them. Their cries and shouts doesn't go beyond nairaland and besides majority oof them doesn't even voters card,by replying their posts u are given them a feeling of importance .

The fact that many were not born in 1983 is why it is worrying. Most people who witnessed the Buhari/ Idiagbon regime in 1984 will not vote for Buhari because they know that buhari was a weakling, ruled by his deputy. But the fact that we have so many eligible young, being fed lies online about something good about Buhari is cause for worry. Someone born in 1983 is 31 yrs old today and very much eligible to vote. We just hope they will research Buhari before voting us into slavery.
Re: Buhari: When Facts Become ‘contrived…’ by onatisi(m): 9:32am On Dec 20, 2014
ogb5:

The fact that many were not born in 1983 is why it is worrying. Most people who witnessed the Buhari/ Idiagbon regime in 1984 will not vote for Buhari because they know that buhari was a weakling, ruled by his deputy. But the fact that we have so many eligible young, being fed lies online about something good about Buhari is cause for worry. Someone born in 1983 is 31 yrs old today and very much eligible to vote. We just hope they will research Buhari before voting us into slavery.
bros ,why are u concerned about the opinions of 100 monikers which probably belong to maybe just 10ppl. There is no way buhari can win. Even tinubu and ameachi know this. Don't give urself unnecessary stress about buhari . He is paid loser .
Re: Buhari: When Facts Become ‘contrived…’ by major466(m): 10:08am On Dec 20, 2014
No one who witness the dictatorship of Buhari 31 years ago will vote him. Buhari is clueless and a religious bigot.
Re: Buhari: When Facts Become ‘contrived…’ by major466(m): 10:11am On Dec 20, 2014
onatisi:
bros ,why are u concerned about the opinions of 100 monikers which probably belong to maybe just 10ppl. There is no way buhari can win. Even tinubu and ameachi know this. Don't give urself unnecessary stress about buhari . He is paid loser .
Exactly the point. It's useless arguing with paid agents whom in real sense are just few individuals with multiple accounts.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: When Facts Become ‘contrived…’ by onatisi(m): 10:14am On Dec 20, 2014
major466:
No one who witness to dictatorship of Buhari 31 years ago will vote him. Buhari is clueless and a religious bigot.
abeg help me tell dem o. Many don't know that it was during the time of buhari that nigeria joined the ORGANISATION OF ISLAMIC COUNTRIES . Many small boys of today don't know nada about buhari. www.nairaland.com/624604/explosive-buhari-nigeria-organization-islamic

1 Like

Re: Buhari: When Facts Become ‘contrived…’ by onatisi(m): 10:18am On Dec 20, 2014
major466:

Exactly the point. It's useless arguing with paid agents whom in real sense are just few individuals with multiple accounts.
the most annoying part of it is they don't even vote,they don't have voters card. Are those the kind of people one will spend his time arguing with? And their opinions doesn't go beyond nairaland .

1 Like

Re: Buhari: When Facts Become ‘contrived…’ by optimiza: 12:14pm On Dec 20, 2014
Yea, its Jonathan election to lose. Again he has failed Niger deltans. Who is buhari to join issues in the first place but am gona vote for buhari because he's better than Jonathan today. Dont blame me. Its jonathans fault. I thought by now when i risked my life to vote for him in 2011 that the whole of Niger delta or at least bayelsa would have turn to small London. In short its a waste of slot. Let Jonathan return to our riverine otueke. When next anybody sees opportunity try n grab it. Am sure buharivis winning because he didn't get this much support in 2011 yet he pulled 12 million vote. All he need is just a simple repeat of that we shall complete the rest from south

(1) (Reply)

Ameachi Has Spent 30billion On Buhari's Campaign / Why Jonathan Is In Trouble — Gov Amaechi / Terrorist Attack In One Of The News Paper Office in Paris France

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.