Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? (57906 Views)

Is It Possible For A Hiv Positive Man Not To Pass It To His Wife? / Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS / Please Explain Genotype AA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jun 26, 2015
Pope22:

There is nothing God cannot do. My nephew was SS and we expected him to die before 19 yrs as pple believe, nw he is 24 and healthy. One miraculous thing is that this my nephew who was SS jst last year became AA with the help of Pastor Muoka , the Lord's Chosen pastor after the man visited him in his dream not even physical contact.
That's wonderful. I'm believing God for a miracle.
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by KELVINXY: 6:19pm On Jun 26, 2015
I can only advice u not to dig deep into that case my dear.,
cos wat u might uncover can twist ur life in such a way that u will regrat ever finding out..
as far as ur parents treats u the same way they treat ur siblings:cos love and care is all that matters..
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by bike1: 6:23pm On Jun 26, 2015
Well, scientifically it's impossible ooo.Why don't you focus on your health for now.

If you insist, you 3 should go for a DNA test to reconfirm your biological parents.The truth may be bitter so brace up for any result.
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by blessnija: 6:25pm On Jun 26, 2015
hello.
i am a dr. your best bet is dis. go to a teaching hospital and have a DNA. but be ready for the worst. i can call u if u like.send me ur number. i will call u
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by dedugbaa(m): 6:29pm On Jun 26, 2015
Pope22:

Just listen to yourself, a PG student for that matter. She hasn't even gone for the test yet and you have already concluded she is not their biological daughter. Haven't you heard of mutation before where AA and AA can have AS, AA and AS can have SS? Can you people please stop confusing this young pretty girl and turning her against her lovely parents?
In genetic there is what is called exclusion since the genotype of mother is not similar by any allele it mean they are not directly related biologically I.e not the mother,it also means that there is a possibilty of the the man is her father cos of similarity in allele C. CBG unilag will give you proper information.I have said contact DR taiwo or DR minari or DR Adekoya.they will give the girl a professional advice.If I should explain further you may not understand due to limited space.Mutation occurs but it is extremely rare.it happened thousands of years ago during evolution.Pls seek professional opinion.If you need further clarification am posting my number here for a short while call me tell me educate you properly.
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by kelechiodo(m): 6:33pm On Jun 26, 2015
Leem4:
[b]i was born in the mid 90s. At birth i am a very healthy child according to my mum and relatives. My mum said, she can count the number's of time she took to the hospital.

It all started, when i am six years old, i started having crises. Majorly rheumatic pains in my body.
When these become convesant, our doctor told my, parent to carry out genotype test on me. As per the result of the test, i am SC. Since i am young, i dont have the knowlegde nor understanding about these.

Some month ago, a program is being aired in regards to advice to youth, base on genotype.
Then i voiced out to my parent, that as an literate , WHY did they get married to each other when they knew they will give bith to SS. WHY did they give birth to me to make me suffer. WHY do i have to live my life like these always, (they dont allow me to get involve in many activities ). As the conversation ensued, my mum said, during her time, the awareness level is low, and people dont even mind it.

Six years ago, for rougly two years, i didnt go the hospital, talkless of having crises. Am very healthy, but since last year, the crises and many health issue erupt again.

We relocated, then we changed our hospital, the doc the said my parents and i should go for genotype test and blood group test.
THIS is where the problem lie's, my mum is AA and my dad is AC. Regarding to the bloog group test, all of us are A+. With my little, knowledge, about genetics, if AA and AC is cross breed, they will give rise to AA AC AA AA. And they are both A+ they will give birth to A+. When i showed my mum these mistake, he told my dad, then we went to another hospital to retake the test which is still the same.
Now my question is this possible,? Is there any scientific backing about these, or are the not my parent, but i have physical resemblance to my dad.
Please i need your answer's
[/b]

OP I dont want to go far in explanation but the truth is that what your mother was eating during your preg contributed in what you are passing through. Dont go for scientific explanation because it will not answer your problems. We are what we eat. Let me shock you. Some food being administered by some herbal doctors here to treat ogbanje has been actually been discoverd to change peoples genotype from SS to AA. For reasons, i dont want to go into detail.
Google it you will discover that we weren't born with AS, SS or even SC genetype but Africans and people of Carriben started developing this abnormal geneotype at a certain point in time in a bid to survive the attack of malaria and other environmental factors. So if your mum is actually AA and there is no foul play which i do not suspect since you are not the first issue, check your environment. Some food or herb contributed. thanks
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by tunapius(m): 6:38pm On Jun 26, 2015
alabiyemmy:
oNLY YOUR mUM CAN ANSWER YOUR QUESTION.
you and dis ur cnclusion sha. No be d babe mama be dat for real.... She must av bin swapped @ d hospital
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Awotee(m): 6:42pm On Jun 26, 2015
adamshuaib:
First Page tinzz

its SS not SC
Its AA or AS or SS
Noo SC, it doesn't exist
SS can only be given birth by AS + AS soo both ur parents had to be AS to get u
There is SC,There is also AC.I'm even one- an AC!
Just because we are nt taught those in school doesnt mean it doesnt exist...Nigeria education 'sucks'!

1 Like

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by tunapius(m): 6:43pm On Jun 26, 2015
Babe, do not distub urslf. Everytin wld still boomerang but only if ur parent are aware of wat the situatn is. (if u are nt mistaken @ d hosp)
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by timilehing(m): 6:45pm On Jun 26, 2015
Leem4:
[b]i was born in the mid 90s. At birth i am a very healthy child according to my mum and relatives. My mum said, she can count the number's of time she took to the hospital.

It all started, when i am six years old, i started having crises. Majorly rheumatic pains in my body.
When these become convesant, our doctor told my, parent to carry out genotype test on me. As per the result of the test, i am SC. Since i am young, i dont have the knowlegde nor understanding about these.

Some month ago, a program is being aired in regards to advice to youth, base on genotype.
Then i voiced out to my parent, that as an literate , WHY did they get married to each other when they knew they will give bith to SS. WHY did they give birth to me to make me suffer. WHY do i have to live my life like these always, (they dont allow me to get involve in many activities ). As the conversation ensued, my mum said, during her time, the awareness level is low, and people dont even mind it.

Six years ago, for rougly two years, i didnt go the hospital, talkless of having crises. Am very healthy, but since last year, the crises and many health issue erupt again.

We relocated, then we changed our hospital, the doc the said my parents and i should go for genotype test and blood group test.
THIS is where the problem lie's, my mum is AA and my dad is AC. Regarding to the bloog group test, all of us are A+. With my little, knowledge, about genetics, if AA and AC is cross breed, they will give rise to AA AC AA AA. And they are both A+ they will give birth to A+. When i showed my mum these mistake, he told my dad, then we went to another hospital to retake the test which is still the same.
Now my question is this possible,? Is there any scientific backing about these, or are the not my parent, but i have physical resemblance to my dad.
Please i need your answer's
[/b]
Go for DNA analysis. That's the only thing that will reveal all hidden truth
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by laudate: 6:52pm On Jun 26, 2015
adamshuaib:
First Page tinzz

its SS not SC
Its AA or AS or SS
Noo SC, it doesn't exist

Bros, there are sicklers that carry SC genotype o! But both parents need to carry the sickle cell trait for their child to be a full blown carrier.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by ollyruffy: 7:03pm On Jun 26, 2015
If the test results are true and you resemble your dad. The only part of the puzzle to be fixed is that your mum is not your biological mother.
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Disneyboy: 7:04pm On Jun 26, 2015
adamshuaib:
First Page tinzz

its SS not SC
Its AA or AS or SS
Noo SC, it doesn't exist

you wrong....we have Six genotypes.... AA AS SS AC SC CC....... AC, SC AND CC are not comom......

1 Like

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by begwong: 7:04pm On Jun 26, 2015
What a thread that made my day, with contributions from those that are concerned.
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Thawarplay(m): 7:08pm On Jun 26, 2015
@op if you are SC as u claim then you're still a lucky person. Because I don't think you will be going through the pains a SS patient like me going through... Just accept it's your fate. And stop bothering you're self.

1 Like

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Prazmira(m): 7:09pm On Jun 26, 2015
My dear this seems to be complicated... Since the two medical tests give the same result there is no doubt about it. Its very impposible for AA and AS to give birth to SC. A big error!. My advice is don't allow your mind to dwell on it because of your health, its too late to change the situation. Don't forget you are what God says you are. Hammering on your parent to tell you the truth will cause more harm to your health than good. Peace!
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Malawian(m): 7:10pm On Jun 26, 2015
donefezy:

Bros please are you a science student? Cause this ur explanation ehn e get coma at the end
studied engineering, so yes i was a science student.
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Obinovictor(m): 7:16pm On Jun 26, 2015
OkikiOluwa1:
laye laye, its impossible!
There's a foul play!
Last Bullet
Baologicali (Biologically), the parents should v AA, AS, AA, AA.

How did you do your crossing abeg? Abi, Una don change am again?
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by obitobe: 7:17pm On Jun 26, 2015
adamshuaib:
First Page tinzz

its SS not SC
Its AA or AS or SS
Noo SC, it doesn't exist
make your research if you don't know about something. There is SC genotype but it is rear and not as bad as the SS genotype
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by 42ultimate(m): 7:18pm On Jun 26, 2015
Your parents should be able to provide answer to your question because one of them is hiding something. Alternatively, you probably might have been swapped at the hospital.
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by jnrremedy(m): 7:23pm On Jun 26, 2015
jdula:
[b]I have similar issue, I even wanted to create a thread to seek Nairalanders help on it.
My own case, my dad is AA and my Mom AS, Is a large family of eight children and am the only one who have this blood disorder. I started having crisis when I was young though, which resulted to series of test carried four times to be precise, three of which came out as As and the last one which I was referred to a General Hospital was what came out SS. its been like seven years or more now I have not visited any hospital for anything relating to crisis, whenever anything like pains comes up in my joint I just take a pain relief and am back again, if the painkiller doesn't work well I know I might have malaria, after treating the malaria am back again.

My point is this, why will three different text prove negative and just one prove positive?
And why have I been experiencing less crisis? (Will attribute this God anyway)
Why am I the only one in this family of eight children to have the disorder?

Please reasonable answer from any one who knows better. Thanks[/b]
You case is basically wrong interpretation of result. The electrophoresis method for genotyping widely used in Nigeria today is unreliable (most lab scientist no this ) results expecially for AC and AA / Sc and SS are difficult to interprete(especially when the machine is old). During my IT in a lab before u can write out test result for Ac and Sc my oga will have to confirm it. (the band for c on the electrophoresis plate is close to band A so u can errornously read c as a or a as c scientist will understand this better)
I will advise u to go to a bigger lab that make use of HPLC platform for genotyping(though few in the country path care in VI has d sickle cell center in idiaraba close to Luth has too) with this u can be sure (almost 100% sure of your genotype) it will even quantify your heamoglobin fragnant for u
To d op I believe your mom is not aa but asdon't rely on genotyping done in most of this private clinics the above storey is an example

2 Likes

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Good4bad: 7:32pm On Jun 26, 2015
1, DNA test. 2, sometimes when a father sees what his wife went through during pregnancy and hard labour at d end the child still gave up. The nurses knows how to switch over a live wire with a dead wire sharp sharp because lab text might catch them. Just DNA pls.
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Malawian(m): 7:35pm On Jun 26, 2015
laralabelle:
Your children will have AA genotype. But you have to be careful with your blood group since u have rhesus negative and your man has rhesus positive. This will not affect anything now until you get pregnant ( in this case, u must take an injection called the Rhogham shot). Pls do more research on this, negative rhesus are very rare.
stop this ignorance. what can you say about twins where one is AA and the other is SS ? even as both are from parents with AA?
most of you guys stopped at "mordern biology" knowledge of genetics.

1 Like

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by dmola(m): 7:36pm On Jun 26, 2015
scachy:

Truly u need answers but what ever u get here can never solve ur problem,rather it ll complicate it more . It's better u take ur health condition in good fate, in as much as ur Mum is AA, there's no way she ll give birth to SS offspring even if I should suggest that she cheated on ur Dad to have you. But whether they r ur biological parents or not ll never solve d problem, learn to manage n live with it so that ur days ll be longer. Worrying ll only create more problems. God bless you.
Well saidbruv,I think I agree with u

1 Like

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by tracksmith: 7:40pm On Jun 26, 2015
ikwoche:

"My son, don't be angry with me, your dad was not performing and I decided to to to... *crying*. You are the landlord's son. *crying heavily*
listen C haemoglobin appear lik paw.paw or coconut under d microscope while A is a circle and S is lik a crescent moon. So many wil tak C to b A. So 1 of ur parents As is a C nt an A. Bt u wont easily detect it. Lik I said som SC may think they r AS bt dats nt so u shud knw dat bec I am SC n I c these tins.

1 Like

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by jdula: 7:43pm On Jun 26, 2015
jnrremedy:

You case is basically wrong interpretation of result. The electrophoresis method for genotyping widely used in Nigeria today is unreliable (most lab scientist no this ) results expecially for AC and AA / Sc and SS are difficult to interprete(especially when the machine is old). During my IT in a lab before u can write out test result for Ac and Sc my oga will have to confirm it. (the band for c on the electrophoresis plate is close to band A so u can errornously read c as a or a as c scientist will understand this better)
I will advise u to go to a bigger lab that make use of HPLC platform for genotyping(though few in the country path care in VI has d sickle cell center in idiaraba close to Luth has too) with this u can be sure (almost 100% sure of your genotype) it will even quantify your heamoglobin fragnant for u
To d op I believe your mom is not aa but asdon't rely on genotyping done in most of this private clinics the above storey is an example

thanks a lot, You're right most of the machine used for this test are really outdated

1 Like

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by ghidefemi(m): 7:45pm On Jun 26, 2015
You should visit another lab... And if it's the same then you need question your mum
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by ChelseaDr(m): 7:49pm On Jun 26, 2015
OP if your dad is AC and your mum AA they can only give birth to children with a 50% chance of being either AA or AC from the scientific point of view. From the medical point of view it is yet to be documented where such genetic combination as your parents will give rise to SC..... however NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE IN MEDICINE... this is because there are a lot of questions medicine has not been able to answer.

Haven said tbis, l will suggest you go to a TEACHING HOSPITAL , see a doctor there with hour parents and repeat the tests... this will be the tie breaker.... if it turns out to be the same dont even mention it again in your life so that you and your family will live long because trying to find out will just end up giving you CARDIAC ARREST!

Thus is my submission...best of luck...

first day on Nairalandddddd!!!!!!
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jun 26, 2015
There are many possibilities here: There might be error in the genotype test of your mum. Repeated testing in good labs will rule that out, if your parents' and your genotype results are correct, then surely your mum is not your biological mother. It could be that there was child swap in the hospital where you were delivered in which case you're of different parentage from the people you know as your parents now. Other possibilities have been mentioned like you being accepted by your mum after dad had a love baby outside etc...bit whatever it is, your main concern now should be your health. Stay focused on treating yourself, don't get emotionally down as that may affect your health adversely.
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by tbaby534(f): 7:54pm On Jun 26, 2015
Maybe they swap you when you small, after all it happens a lot on telemundo.
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by trendphemmy(m): 7:55pm On Jun 26, 2015
a single missense mutation is possible though it is normally autosomal recessive. it is possible dere was mutation from birth but it rarely occurs. mutation of gene can happen to anyone so don't be decieved, and pls don't mind people saying anything about infidelity.

The cure is stem cell transplant but expensive

1 Like

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by dagbokoncept(m): 8:02pm On Jun 26, 2015
The only valid scientific argument relevant to your case is MUTATION . Mutants are individuals which possess morphological attributes which are different from the rest of the natural populations(same specie). Mutations occur as a result of change in chromosome structure(alteration of the DNA sequence). It is a tool of evolution and positive mutations are rear. But as regards blood genotype, I don't think it mutations could change genotype. Something must have went wrong, there are other tests you could carried for confirmation.
When ever you have a crisis, what kind of treatment do you receive? Does it has to do with blood transfusion+

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Do I Take Care Of My Penis To Ensure High Libido And Strong Erections? / "How Painful Coronavirus Testing Is" - Woman Shares Video / Before And After Pictures Of Woman Who Got Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.