Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? (57817 Views)

Is It Possible For A Hiv Positive Man Not To Pass It To His Wife? / Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS / Please Explain Genotype AA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 26, 2015
Leem4:
[b]i was born in the mid 90s. At birth i am a very healthy child according to my mum and relatives. My mum said, she can count the number's of time she took to the hospital.

It all started, when i am six years old, i started having crises. Majorly rheumatic pains in my body.
When these become convesant, our doctor told my, parent to carry out genotype test on me. As per the result of the test, i am SC. Since i am young, i dont have the knowlegde nor understanding about these.

Some month ago, a program is being aired in regards to advice to youth, base on genotype.
Then i voiced out to my parent, that as an literate , WHY did they get married to each other when they knew they will give bith to SS. WHY did they give birth to me to make me suffer. WHY do i have to live my life like these always, (they dont allow me to get involve in many activities ). As the conversation ensued, my mum said, during her time, the awareness level is low, and people dont even mind it.

Six years ago, for rougly two years, i didnt go the hospital, talkless of having crises. Am very healthy, but since last year, the crises and many health issue erupt again.

We relocated, then we changed our hospital, the doc the said my parents and i should go for genotype test and blood group test.
THIS is where the problem lie's, my mum is AA and my dad is AC. Regarding to the bloog group test, all of us are A+. With my little, knowledge, about genetics, if AA and AC is cross breed, they will give rise to AA AC AA AA. And they are both A+ they will give birth to A+. When i showed my mum these mistake, he told my dad, then we went to another hospital to retake the test which is still the same.
Now my question is this possible,? Is there any scientific backing about these, or are the not my parent, but i have physical resemblance to my dad.
Please i need your answer's
[/b]

God alone has the answer. Science has exhausted it's reach here.

2 Likes

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by publicenemy(m): 3:45pm On Jun 26, 2015
Shoo
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by kocvalour(m): 3:45pm On Jun 26, 2015
K
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by generaluthman: 3:45pm On Jun 26, 2015
Haba!!!
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 26, 2015
You, your mum and your dad should take a DNA test. That's what will clear your doubt.

2 Likes

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by binladen(m): 3:45pm On Jun 26, 2015
Medically it is possible... Make ur research

2 Likes

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by BigBen10: 3:46pm On Jun 26, 2015
lemme call in the experts. bushdoc9919
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Foxflames: 3:46pm On Jun 26, 2015
I also think you may have been switched during birth.

Go for paternity test.
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Angelou(m): 3:47pm On Jun 26, 2015
Leem4:
what is giving concern is dat my mum is AA not dad.
Assumming my mum is As and dad is AA, den something is wrong. But my MUM IS AA. Even if she is unfaithful dat A must appear in my gene
must u be told everything in full sentences, he is indirectly telling you dat u myt be an illegitimate child
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jun 26, 2015
your mom and the nurses in hospital ur mom gave birth to you...have real questions to answer
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by mujiboy(m): 3:47pm On Jun 26, 2015
SC exists, so is AC...that is all I know!

1 Like

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jun 26, 2015
emmajiya:

God alone has the answer. Science has exhausted it's reach here.

No sir they've not done a DNA test.
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by HirstMOG(m): 3:47pm On Jun 26, 2015
Anything is possible. Have you heard of genetic mutation

1 Like

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by donodion(m): 3:48pm On Jun 26, 2015
Leem4:
PLS READ TRU AGAIN my mum is AA, AND I AM SC, AND DAD IS AS. SO I HAVE MY DAD S GENE, WHERE DID THE C IN MY GEN COME FROM
I almost gonna shout *ALARM DON BLOW* till I saw your dad's AS....yes it possible you inherited the gene through his pedigree.
I once had a gf with same genotype....Strong yet fragile.

1 Like

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jun 26, 2015
Leem4:

i kno i should expect any scenario, but i have an elder brother who is AA, and a younger sis, who is AS.
Is dere no scientific prove regarding dis.

Maybe there was a mix-up with another baby, regardless they will forever be your parents and family. I suggest you do not to try to seek out the mystery behind your birth (if my assumption were true).
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by journerman(m): 3:49pm On Jun 26, 2015
adamshuaib:

its SS not SC
Its AA or AS or SS
Noo SC, it doesn't exist

SC is also a genotype.

13 Likes

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jun 26, 2015
Angelou:
must u be told everything in full sentences, he is indirectly telling you dat u myt be an illegitimate child

Ode!

3 Likes

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by OmolodMilkman93(m): 3:49pm On Jun 26, 2015

12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents daily.

This might be true in your case
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Skoopy(m): 3:51pm On Jun 26, 2015
Once one parent is AA, they is absolutely no possibility of having an SS offspring . medically this has been proven but babalawocally this laws may be redefined.
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Dahjhi: 3:51pm On Jun 26, 2015
This on fp since 2014? shocked
Anyway leem4. Mum still have something to tell you
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Nani4all(m): 3:52pm On Jun 26, 2015
Is either your mum is hiding something or Possibly 'point mutation' has occurred
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Angelou(m): 3:53pm On Jun 26, 2015
Insidous:

Ode!
baba nee!! Park well no one asked for ur opinion here..... MULLATO
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by GeneralQuamdeen: 3:53pm On Jun 26, 2015
With God, nothing is impossible..
7footre Ndumats pumpin26 jlo247 yellowhouse30 slys kelv84 dafil22 sekooni magicminister luvinhubby glundy nenum pascal181 odun280 wildrage givan aare07 manov and tolexy007
You guys should please vote Jarizod tomorrow in the ongoing Mr. Nairaland 2015. Your contribution is aprreciated. Thanks
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by damiloladuke: 3:53pm On Jun 26, 2015
omo.... look further

READ THE DIARY OF A JOBLESS NIGERIAN YOUTH www.wenogetjob.com
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by airlord2020: 3:53pm On Jun 26, 2015
Do DNA test to confirm. But for me, don't bother yourself with all that. Just concentrate on making yourself ok. Anyone that brought you up like a parent is your parent whether you are biologically related to them or not.
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by chikwadomn(m): 3:53pm On Jun 26, 2015
Ur life is a mystery seek God to heal u .african juju prayer is d way out?
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Drsmiles(m): 3:53pm On Jun 26, 2015
adamshuaib:

its SS not SC
Its AA or AS or SS
Noo SC, it doesn't exist
SS can only be given birth by AS + AS soo both ur parents had to be AS to get u
Bros it's not limited to only AS AA and SS
SC does exist

5 Likes

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Omotayor123(f): 3:54pm On Jun 26, 2015
Leem4:
PLS READ TRU AGAIN my mum is AA, AND I AM SC, AND DAD IS AS. SO I HAVE MY DAD S GENE, WHERE DID THE C IN MY GEN COME FROM
Well both my parent are AS & I'm SC. No big deal.

But I don't frequent hospital. I have only been to hospitals when I visit new mothers or sick peoplegrin
I have never had any cause to be admitted in hospitals.

But the Rheumatic Pains thoughundecided And that hasn't happened in a Long time now.

About the rheumatism... Just Avoid the Rain & anything especially Medicines made of iron.

That's all.

4 Likes

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Achilies(m): 3:54pm On Jun 26, 2015
Op since you look like your dad then maybe your mum is really not your real mum.

Or there must be some mistakes with the test.

1 Like

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jun 26, 2015
I watched a show on tvc 3days ago and sickle cell anaemia was the topic.

And from what I gathered,u can't be sure just becos the hospital told u u are AA or whatever. Go to that sickle cell hospital opposite LUTH for intensive tests.

Its not as straight forward as u all think

2 Likes

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by phyllosilicate(m): 3:55pm On Jun 26, 2015
Maybe your mum gave birth to a boy and the nurse swap the baby with that of another woman's who gave birth to a girl. Nigeria hospitals do this things a lot.

1 Like

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Oseniade(m): 3:55pm On Jun 26, 2015
If u can tell us your siblings, parent and yourself's blood group. It might help to know where there is a foul play. This is to complement the genotype. Also tell me their genotype.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Wet Dreams: Natural Or Spiritual? / Civil Servant Killed By Thunder In Oro, Kwara (Photos) / COVID-19: Another Patient Dies In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.