Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,670 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story (10180 Views)

Despite All Odds - (An Interesting Story) / Love Or Wealth- An Interesting And Touching Story / Happiness And Emptiness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by tattesco(m): 9:45am On Jan 18, 2015
kenwins:

That is good to knw. By the way,i no b sir oo i b ma...apy sunday
lolz. Thanks ma
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by tattesco(m): 2:30pm On Jan 18, 2015
Ho pls I need your comment to continue thanks very much
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by alberto2k(m): 2:34pm On Jan 18, 2015
Tatty...am enjoying thiz bro, We still waiting for update o
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by tattesco(m): 3:25pm On Jan 18, 2015
"We have to talk, Kola" Labake said still standing outside

"Okay am coming" Bidemi said as he makes his way to open the door. She walked in and sat on one of the sofa in our room. Bidemi closed the door from behind and went into the sleep.

"What led you into prostitute" that's the first question I asked her waiting to hear reply from her immediately.

"When your mother left for Arinwa village, " she started her explanation

"My mother fell into the hands 419 and all the money she gained after selling your father's property, this made her fell sick and died two years later after the incident." She said as tear rush down her eyes.

"Before she died I sell oranges and pure water on highways to take care of her and buy her medications, but when she died one of my friends introduce me to this business and since then I have been here" she finally concluded.

As she was talking I felt like rejoicing that the evil woman my mum use to talk about long time ago. But the agony that my mum didn't live to see this day. What a pity.

"And how did you recognize me? " I asked her.

"You are still young when your father died that's why you couldn't recognize me but I know you well " she replied

"Okay then, when we see tomorrow morning, we will think of the way forward" she said and stood up

"See you tomorrow" she finally said and walks out of the room.

I rose up to see her off and closed the door behind her.

"So finally, she is your sister" Bidemi said as he sits on the sit.

He been listening to our conversation.

"Are you going to accept her" Bidemi asked

"Of course yes. Now that potter is gone, she will be the one to bear our responsibility" I said heading toward the bedroom.

"Good night" he finally said as I land on the bed and slept off almost immediately

In the following morning, we were woke up by the noise of some women crying in front of our house.

"What's happening outside", I said silently and peeped through the window.

Alas! What I saw is a dead body been carried out from a car resembling potters own. I ran to the sitting room and wake Bidemi who is sleeping on the sofa in the sitting room.

"What is happening " he asked with one eyes still closed.

"I don't know either" I replied as we make our way out of the room.

Outside we saw people crying then I sight Labake in front of the brothel. I wen straight to her in hope of finding an explanation to what is happening.

"News reaching us now is that potter was attacked last night when he was trying to run out of lagos ". Folake said busting into tear.

"Potter is dead too?" I asked as if I didn't hear what she earlier said.

To be continued.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by alberto2k(m): 3:56pm On Jan 18, 2015
Mehn... Dem boiz dey see hardlife sad
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by tattesco(m): 4:05pm On Jan 18, 2015
alberto2k:
Mehn... Dem boiz dey see hardlife sad
too badddd
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by femola95: 7:32pm On Jan 18, 2015
Nice story
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by tattesco(m): 5:42am On Jan 19, 2015
Hi. Pls I need your coment to continue 2day
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by alberto2k(m): 5:57am On Jan 19, 2015
Following
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by tattesco(m): 6:02am On Jan 19, 2015
alberto2k:
Following
thanks boss
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by Nimen(m): 7:15am On Jan 19, 2015
Choi... That pikin need deliverance oo, na badluck im be
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by tattesco(m): 7:44am On Jan 19, 2015
Nimen:
Choi... That pikin need deliverance oo, na badluck im be
abi o
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by alberto2k(m): 8:30am On Jan 19, 2015
Bro tatty update pls na
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by tattesco(m): 9:02am On Jan 19, 2015
alberto2k:
Bro tatty update pls na
ok
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by tattesco(m): 6:32pm On Jan 19, 2015
Pls I need comments. Thanks
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by Chimdim: 8:37pm On Jan 19, 2015
weldone my dear and more mb to ur phone
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by tattesco(m): 9:01pm On Jan 19, 2015
Chimdim:
weldone my dear and more mb to ur phone
thanks sis
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by tattesco(m): 6:24am On Jan 20, 2015
Am sorry guys 4 not updating yesterday. I promice I will update very soon
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by tattesco(m): 8:05am On Jan 20, 2015
Am sorry this update is small. Am rili sorry. Another update is coming 2day

---------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 4

Things became tough after the death of potter. His familiy cam and pack his property. The landlord asks us to leave the house. Because potter's house rent has due.

If not for Labake that accommodates us in her one room self contain not far from the brothel. We would have been back to square one.

Two weeks after potters death. Labake introduce us to pure water business. We are to sell it under the pedestrian bridge in ojota. We would sell to people coming down from the bridge.

The first two week of our new job isn't easy at all. We hardly sell two packs in a day. It was very hard for me as I can't carry them on ma head because of the bandages still on my head.

"You can't expect to sell better like this". Labake started his explanation after we explain our lack of sale to her.

"I know this will be tough but you have to be smart, you can't just stay in a place and expect sale, you have to run after them" she paused and catch her breath because she is not the type than can speack for long.

"You have to be smart" she finally said

"Thanks aunty" we chorused and went to bed.

"Am going to the brothel. Sleep tight" she said as she walks to her walking place

To be continued today........

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by tattesco(m): 6:48pm On Jan 20, 2015
Pls now. Everybody. I need your comment.
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 21, 2015
Erm...Boss you are doing good and I think it will be better if you do some things.

Unless, you are planning to write a novella, I will advise that you take your time to describe actions, places and things and put us in suspense..
I.e No matter how short the update will be, try to make sure that when we finish that update we would hope to stay around; we would asking for more.
E.g look @ that place you told us that the potter was dead..
You might just stop at someone died...
That will keep us on the edge of our seat..
You could have said...
' I tried to see who it was but the people around the dead person were not giving me chance to see who it might be.
I looked around and could not find Labake, and this made my heart pound terribly. I seems to begin to swell as I breath in more air than usual. I looked at the door to her room but there was no sign of her.
Labake was my only hope at the moment. I prayed silently that death had not taken her.
' Nothing must happen to her', I muttered as I looked about.
*To be Continued*

I know you can do something better what I've done.

Also, I know it is not easy but yours was pronounced. Please stick to one tense- past or present. Past is preferable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by tattesco(m): 2:00pm On Jan 21, 2015
Divepen:
Erm...Boss you are doing good and I think it will be better if you do some things.

Unless, you are planning to write a novella, I will advise that you take your time to describe actions, places and things and put us in suspense..
I.e No matter how short the update will be, try to make sure that when we finish that update we would hope to stay around; we would asking for more.
E.g look @ that place you told us that the potter was dead..
You might just stop at someone died...
That will keep us on the edge of our seat..
You could have said...
' I tried to see who it was but the people around the dead person were not giving me chance to see who it might be.
I looked around and could not find Labake, and this made my heart pound terribly. I seems to begin to swell as I breath in more air than usual. I looked at the door to her room but there was no sign of her.
Labake was my only hope at the moment. I prayed silently that death had not taken her.
' Nothing must happen to her', I muttered as I looked about.
*To be Continued*

I know you can do something better what I've done.

Also, I know it is not easy but yours was pronounced. Please stick to one tense- past or present. Past is preferable.
thanks boss. Am very happy o

1 Like

Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by tattesco(m): 9:13pm On Jan 21, 2015
Wow. 1000 views. Am very greatful. Thanks for reading
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by VigorousV(f): 7:39am On Jan 22, 2015
following.................
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by alberto2k(m): 8:12am On Jan 22, 2015
Guy we haven't seen any update na...

Itz been two days na sad
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by tattesco(m): 8:17am On Jan 22, 2015
alberto2k:
Guy we haven't seen any update na...

Itz been two days na sad

Update is coming.

VigorousV:
following.................

Thanks.
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by tattesco(m): 11:43pm On Jan 23, 2015
Am sorry 4 not updating since. Av been busy since. Am sorry pals. Update coming soon
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by VigorousV(f): 12:47pm On Jan 24, 2015
tattesco:
Am sorry 4 not updating since. Av been busy since. Am sorry pals. Update coming soon
still waiting oooooooooooooo
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by tattesco(m): 3:07pm On Jan 24, 2015
Lolz
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by tattesco(m): 7:57am On Jan 31, 2015
Sorry guys 4 not updating. Update coming
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by VigorousV(f): 7:29pm On Feb 02, 2015
kk oo..........still waiting
Re: In Hope After Emptiness (an Interesting Story by otemanuduno: 7:45pm On Feb 02, 2015
tattesco: sorry guys for not updating. Update coming
I love your story. You are GOOD!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Womans Strength / Veil / LOST IN UNIPORT (a Story Of Vengeance, Crime And Betrayal) ft chimexplosive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.