Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) - Agriculture (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) (169516 Views)

World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano / Mangu-Bokkos-Plateau: The Largest Mechanized Farm In Nigeria / How To Start And Grow A Profitable Plantain Flour Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (68) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:06am On Aug 25, 2017
Check my page on www.Facebook.com/waleagro
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:57am On Aug 29, 2017
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by justineu(m): 7:29am On Aug 29, 2017
Lesgupnigeria:
https://www.nairaland.com/2590099/fast-money-making-machine-crop
After harvest, how do you sell your plantain, is it in dozens, kilo, in single bunch. I will be extremely happy if you answer this question. Thanks

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:12am On Aug 31, 2017
justineu:
After harvest, how do you sell your plantain, is it in dozens, kilo, in single bunch. I will be extremely happy if you answer this question. Thanks
#600 per bunch
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:15pm On Sep 02, 2017
Need loan from BOI
Register at
https://www.boi.ng/apply/register
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:54am On Sep 04, 2017
Check my Facebook page www.Facebook.com/Waleagro on updates on starting a profitable agribusiness
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 04, 2017
Lesgupnigeria:
Digging of hole in preparation for Planting of suckers

like how many months between the planting and harvest period?

and around which months(season ) do planting commerce?
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:29am On Sep 05, 2017
skysailor:

like how many months between the planting and harvest period?

and around which months(season ) do planting commerce?
11 months
Planting can be done anytime provided irrigation is available on the farm

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:36pm On Sep 07, 2017
Finance is not the barrier to kick starting your agribusiness dream.....Adequate knowledge is
Check my facebook page www.Facebook.com/Waleagro for more info
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 7:32pm On Sep 09, 2017
Hello guys
Anyone here heard of a fertilizer called Super Gro?
Has anyone used it b4?
Share pls if u have experience Wit it
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:27pm On Sep 10, 2017
Oyus:
Hello guys
Anyone here heard of a fertilizer called Super Gro?
Has anyone used it b4?
Share pls if u have experience Wit it
It's a good organic fertiliser,you can use it
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by dubemwhizzy: 6:46am On Sep 14, 2017
Is a good fertilizer to u... U can contact me if you need one(08068385733)
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:48pm On Sep 17, 2017
Happy Sunday people!
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Tatia(m): 10:38pm On Sep 17, 2017
When I harvest the first bunch after 11 months, how many months does it take for the 2nd stand to fruit and mature?

How many times can I harvest plantain bunches from a Plantation over a 36 month period?

Please help clarify my thinking and projection.

Thank you all.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:45am On Sep 19, 2017
Tatia:
When I harvest the first bunch after 11 months, how many months does it take for the 2nd stand to fruit and mature?

How many times can I harvest plantain bunches from a Plantation over a 36 month period?

Please help clarify my thinking and projection.

Thank you all.
With proper management,you can harvest plantain four times from the time of planting.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:11am On Sep 21, 2017
The only way to success in agribusiness is consistency and persistency with Never-Give-Up Attitude.
Even when you are down,NEVER GIVE UP
Good morning great farmers
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:43pm On Sep 22, 2017
Market is the most important factor to consider in crop production in agribusiness.
Kindly go through my thread on marketing to get enlightened.
https://www.nairaland.com/2821669/how-sell-plantain-profitable-markets
You will be happy you do
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:45am On Sep 24, 2017
The government is not serious in Nigeria. If a cheap/ subsided cargo plane is available farmers will become overnight millionaire.
A bunch of plantain is #800 while a bunch is equivalent to #5000
We need to wake up in this country.
Happy sunday

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:48am On Sep 27, 2017
Want to venture into agribusiness;
You can find information on the business of agric on www.Facebook.com/waleagro
Do agric...for wealth creation
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:42am On Sep 30, 2017
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:36am On Oct 03, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99aQ1uuWuQ
A must watch for young agropreneurs
Transforming agriculture
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:39am On Oct 13, 2017
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:09am On Oct 15, 2017
This is one of my newly written post on my Facebook page
Click the link to enjoy
Investing in Agriculture: Start small,Grow big.Fact or fiction?
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=889537034542655&substory_index=0&id=165808513582181&__tn__=%2As%2As-R
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by agricexport(m): 7:31pm On Oct 15, 2017
If you need to eradicate diseases and termites from your plantain farm ,what are the best treatment ? Thank you.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:06am On Oct 16, 2017
agricexport:
If you need to eradicate diseases and termites from your plantain farm ,what are the best treatment ? Thank you.
Termite always build a mudhill showing where they are located.
Expose the mudhill using cutlass and apply termiticide.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by koolsammie(m): 8:58pm On Oct 20, 2017
Hello
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Tatia(m): 9:29pm On Oct 20, 2017
Interesting development.
This is one time that "Silence is not golden"
Can this really happen?
Please clear your name and image.

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by koolsammie(m): 8:07am On Oct 21, 2017
Tatia:
Interesting development.
This is one time that "Silence is not golden"
Can this really happen?
Please clear your name and image.
He definitely will Sir. Only it might be too late then.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:58pm On Oct 21, 2017
koolsammie:
Mr Gbenga (lesgupnigeria) , i had to wait till this moment before I came out. Now it's obvious you aren't willing to pay my money, after investing in over 200,000 naira in your business since 2014,and all you were able to realize as profit the first time was 24,000naira which I refused to collect in 201t and you agreed to replant the cassava again. I waited for almost two years, and all you were able to send again on 3rd of Oct 2017 was 20000 naira. You only pick 1 out of 30 of my calls these days.
I never believed you were like this. Sometime last year someone had an issue with you here on nairaland but I defended you because trusted you more than I should have. I don't understand why humans are like this. But sir, I give you a week to pay my money, as I won't disturb you anymore.
Lol....you can always get the best of me early in the morning.
I am always tired in the evening after much activities on the farm.
As I have always told you,6-7am is the best time to call me.
You can as well send me a mail@ yusuffgbenga@gmail.com if my numbers are not available
Some of the cassava are just being harvested.
Part of the money sent to you was the payment made by the buyer.
We have harvested all the cassava of our clients with yours and payment will be due this coming Monday.
That's why I advise you to come down to see your farm so that you see what's happening firsthand on the farm
By Gods grace,you will be paid this coming week.

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Tatia(m): 1:50am On Oct 23, 2017
Koolsammie,
Coming week is around the corner and I trust Mr. Gbenga will redeem his image.
You have been patient over the months, The Plantain Farmers are watching to see the outcome of this impasse.

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by koolsammie(m): 7:50am On Oct 25, 2017
Tatia:
Koolsammie,
Coming week is around the corner and I trust Mr. Gbenga will redeem his image.
You have been patient over the months, The Plantain Farmers are watching to see the outcome of this impasse.
Thanks for following.
Today is Wednesday, no payment yet though. Humbly waiting
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:04am On Oct 28, 2017
koolsammie:

Thanks for following.
Today is Wednesday, no payment yet though. Humbly waiting
settled!
I felt lapses in communication caused delays and little misunderstanding
Sorry about that

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (68) (Reply)

My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) / 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.