Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) - Agriculture (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) (169347 Views)

World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano / Mangu-Bokkos-Plateau: The Largest Mechanized Farm In Nigeria / How To Start And Grow A Profitable Plantain Flour Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (68) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:04am On Aug 11, 2018
Hybrid suckers are available for sale. Kindly contact 08164628081.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:52pm On Aug 11, 2018
Not many people believe that you don't need money to start a business, you need tons of ideas, grit, perseverance and toughness.
I started with virtually nothing.
You can visit my facebook page
www.facebook.com/waleagro or join my training by registering through this link
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ig5vI2AuEgrrcKU-3i_tQz4dfjVuaIAbLdFpcDw30_g
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:47am On Aug 12, 2018
Let me tell you something that has really help you if you are starting a plantain farm.

Devote more time to 50% of your time to supervision and management. Many people especially the newbie believe that after successful planting, then they will have a successful harvest. No
The work just began,you will face the challenge of pests, stealing, management issues,timely farm operations etc.
if you successfully plant but lack requisite management skills, your project will fail.

A word is enough for the wise.

Good morning.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 4:41pm On Aug 12, 2018
Myself and some of the successful, prominent agroprenuers in Nigeria just started an online mentoring programme,
If you are a newbie who wants to explore the agribusiness industry, it's strongly advices that you join the mentorship.
it will save you a lot of stress, increase your success rate as we share our experiences,challenges and how to overcome them and make tons of money
Kindly register using the link below
This is our own way of assisting Nigerians interested in the business of agriculture.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by PoWConsulting: 4:44pm On Aug 12, 2018
GET AGRIBUSINESS MANUALS AND BUSINESS PLANS INSTANTLY!!! #2,000 ONLY!!!
PROMO! PROMO!! PROMO!!!

BUY TWO, GET ONE FREE!!!

Purchase one of the following Business Plans or Manuals and get one FREE!!! You get to choose!

1. Business Plan on Grasscutter Farming: How to profitably rear, process and package grasscutters with information on where you can get High Quality and mature breeds of grasscutters, cage and other inputs. A comprehensive & bankable business plan for prospective entrepreneurs… Call to get the Table of Contents.

2. Business plan on Catfish Production and Processing: A Bankable Business Plan on Catfish production from Hatchery to Smoked fish…Call to get the Table of Contents.

3. Business Plan on the Establishment of a Small scale Mechanized Gari Production Centre. Call to get the Table of Contents.

4. Business Plan on Instant Plantain Flour Production. Call to get the Table of Contents.

5. Business Plan on Custard Powder Production. Call to get the Table of Contents.

6. Manual on Cosmetics and Soap Production: How to produce 35 Soap and cosmetics products… Black Soap (Liquid and Bar), Detergent powder, Solid detergent, Liquid Soap, Toilet Soap, Toilet Cleanser, Medicated Soap, Laundry Soap (Paste and Bar), Car wash Soap , Olive oil Soap, Anti-dandroff shampoo, Bleach, Toilet roll, Body Cream, Hair Cream, Hair Conditioner, Relaxer, Styling Gels etc.

7. Manual on Bakery, Pastries and Confectioneries: How to produce 28 products…Cassava bread, Plain bread, Wheat bread, Cakes, Meat pie, Doughnut, buns, Sausage roll, Scotch egg, Ice cream, Yoghurt, Cookies etc.

8. Manual on Fruit Juice and Drink Production: How to produce, preserve and package Orange Juice, Pineapple Juice, Zobo Drink and Palm wine Drink. This process technology will extend the shelf life of the products for more than six months!

9. Manual on Edible Mushroom Cultivation: The process technology for cultivating, harvesting, Processing and Packaging Edible Mushrooms. A great, Unique and Profitable Agribusiness.

10. Manual on Vegetables Farming: How to cultivate Ugwu leaf, Bitter leaf, Water leaf, Jute leaf, Shoko leaf, Dwarf pawpaw and Cucumber using the best cultivation practices, organic fertilizers and seeds

11. Manual on Cassava processing into Gari

12. Manual on Cassava processing into Odourless Fufu Flour

13. Manual on Cassava processing into High Quality Cassava Flour

14. Manual on Cassava processing into Industrial Cassava Starch

15. Manual on Cassava processing into Fermented Cassava Flour (Lafun)

16. Manual on Cassava processing into Adhesives from Cassava Starch

17. Manual on Plantain Chips Production, Preservation and Packaging

18. Manual on Instant Plantain Flour Production

19. Manual on Poundo Yam Flour Production, Preservation and Packaging

AND MANY MORE!!!

These manuals contain information on the best production practice, improved variety of seeds, best fertilizer for planting, best process technology from foremost research Institutes in Nigeria. It also contains practical photos of the processes, procedures, equipments and machineries, and source of these inputs (ingredients, chemicals, equipments etc) in Nigeria.

Our business plan gives a holistic feasibility report of the production and technical plan, market analysis, marketing plan, personnel and labour management and most importantly, the financial plan which is standard and BANKABLE!!!

Contact our Agribusiness Investment Analyst on +2347039664655 for more information

WhatsApp: +2347039664655

Visit our Facebook page at Pillars of Wealth Consulting Limited for more agribusiness investment opportunities

Email: pillarsofwealthconsulting@gmail.com
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by tolase220(m): 4:51pm On Aug 12, 2018
Appears Pillars of wealth is into all arms of farming: Livestock,plant, etc. Good
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:06pm On Aug 12, 2018
tolase220:
Appears Pillars of wealth is into all arms of farming: Livestock,plant, etc. Good
lol.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:29am On Aug 13, 2018
https://www.nairaland.com/4507093/how-identify-start-profitable-business Starting profitable business requires some business skills,
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:26am On Aug 14, 2018
https://www.nairaland.com/4489868/free-1-month-agribusiness-training
Knowledge is very important,
Get knowledge and get your agribusiness transformed.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by jidluk: 10:29am On Aug 14, 2018
bros didnt hear from you on the cassava harvest again...i still have over 4 plots at shiun
Lesgupnigeria:
https://www.nairaland.com/4489868/free-1-month-agribusiness-training

Knowledge is very important,

Get knowledge and get your agribusiness transformed.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:38pm On Aug 14, 2018
jidluk:
bros didnt hear from you on the cassava harvest again...i still have over 4 plots at shiun
okay.sorry about that
kindly chat me up now on whatsapp 08164628081

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 4:53pm On Aug 14, 2018
https://www.nairaland.com/4588334/how-these-3-businesses-change
One of the recent article I wrote that will be of great assistance to you especially if you want to start out in farming business.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:41am On Aug 15, 2018
Myself and some of the successful, prominent agroprenuers in Nigeria just started an online mentoring programme,
If you are a newbie who wants to explore the agribusiness industry, it's strongly advices that you join the mentorship.
it will save you a lot of stress, increase your success rate as we share our experiences,challenges and how to overcome them and make tons of money
Kindly register using the link below
This is our own way of assisting Nigerians especially youths interested in agriculture.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:57pm On Aug 15, 2018
Good day.

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:15am On Aug 16, 2018
Short Story on Self Confidence*
There was a business executive who was deep in debt and could see no way out.
Creditors were closing in on him. Suppliers were demanding payment. He sat on the park bench, head in hands, wondering if anything could save his company from bankruptcy.
Suddenly an old man appeared before him. “I can see that something is troubling you,” he said.
After listening to the executive’s woes, the old man said, “I believe I can help you.”
He asked the man his name, wrote out a check, and pushed it into his hand saying, “Take this money. Meet me here exactly one year from today, and you can pay me back at that time.”
Then he turned and disappeared as quickly as he had come.
The business executive saw in his hand a check for $500,000, signed by John D. Rockefeller, then one of the richest men in the world!
“I can erase my money worries in an instant!” he realized. But instead, the executive decided to put the uncashed check in his safe. Just knowing it was there might give him the strength to work out a way to save his business, he thought.
With renewed optimism, he negotiated better deals and extended terms of payment. He closed several big sales. Within a few months, he was out of debt and making money once again.
Exactly one year later, he returned to the park with the uncashed check. At the agreed-upon time, the old man appeared. But just as the executive was about to hand back the check and share his success story, a nurse came running up and grabbed the old man.
“I’m so glad I caught him!” she cried. “I hope he hasn’t been bothering you. He’s always escaping from the rest home and telling people he’s John D. Rockefeller.”
And she led the old man away by the arm.
The astonished executive just stood there, stunned. All year long he’d been wheeling and dealing, buying and selling, convinced he had half a million dollars behind him.
Suddenly, he realized that it wasn’t the money, real or imagined, that had turned his life around. It was his newfound self-confidence that gave him the power to achieve anything he went after.
Let's face our fears this week with a new ray of hope and self confidence. We can only become better if we try. We can't achieve nothing by folding arms in depression. Our best is yet to come.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:36am On Aug 16, 2018
Why you need to go organic.

Never in the history of Nigeria agriculture is the promotion of organic farming reached a new level of adoption than now.
As a part of the Go-organic movement, I have come to a realisation although organic foods are quite expensive but the benefits it offers cannot be over quantified to it's cost.
Not only the environmental benefits but also the health benefits it offers.

Recently,I came across some studies have indicated that the use of pesticides even at low doses can increase the risk of certain cancers , such as leukemia, lymphoma, brain tumors, breast cancer and prostate cancer.

I understand as a farmer the thousands of litres of these harmful chemicals are used season in season out without recourse to the environment and health.

We need to urgently take actions daily to protect our health and improve our environment for better living.

We need to save the lives of children who are highly vulnerable, young adults we are losing to terminal diseases as a result,and usher in a new generation of healthy conscious individuals.
Enough said.
Go organic.
You can as well order for your organic plantain directly from our farm.
We deliver nationwide.
#agriculture#agribusiness#farm#farming#goorganic#organicplantain#farmer#food
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:22am On Aug 17, 2018
Sizable amount of the budget should go into acquiring good hybrid suckers.Cheap suckers does not necessarily means good suckers.
This can make or mar your business.
Do plantain.

Good morning

You can check out my page on www.facebook.com/waleagro
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:41pm On Aug 17, 2018
Hybrid plantain suckers are available at an affordable prices.
Kindly call 08164628081
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 1:55pm On Aug 18, 2018
There is a required number of bunch you can sell to break even,having lesser than that will not get you your expected returns.
Whenever people tells me that they are starting on a plot of land,I tell them they can start to get more knowledge and skills but not to make money;even breaking even is not possible with plots of land not to talk of making profit..

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:58pm On Aug 18, 2018
The most important skills you should have is how to get sales channels to get your products/services to the customers/consumers who pays for the products/services rendered. That's what makes you the millions.

2 Likes

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:49am On Aug 19, 2018
You cannot be doing the same thing and expecting different results...Thats the first law of madness.
If you are not happy about the result you got from your previous attempt,why not try another way for better result.
You cant continue with the way our grandfathers' generation engage in agriculture and think you can make good money.
Change is the word,
upgrade your skills,change your attitude and thinking towards the business. and you are certain to get a good result.

Good morning
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 4:26pm On Aug 19, 2018
There are 3 kind of.people from my experience in agribusiness:
Firstly, Those that will watch other people succeed as they take bold steps in starting a profitable agribusiness venture
Secondly,Those that will know theoretical knoewledge about the business but would not act on it
Thirdly,Those that will take the bold steps,find mentors,acquire the information provided and established the knowledge by acting on them.
Taking the step of faith by acting now will take you higher than what you can ever dream of.

Be the person third person who the bold steps to start the business.

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:37am On Aug 20, 2018
If you don't have a job,create your own job. Don't sit and remain idle, Do something.

You move forward in life by doing and acting on your dream.
Good morning
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:26pm On Aug 20, 2018
A word is enough for the wise. Read carefully and digest

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:28am On Aug 21, 2018
I wish all my Muslim friends here a peaceful and wonderful Barka de Sallah.
May the blessings of Allah fill your heart with happiness and open unto you doors of success now and always.(Amin).
Eid Mubarak!.

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:25pm On Aug 21, 2018
word of the day

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:29am On Aug 22, 2018
I wish all my Muslim friends here a peaceful and wonderful Barka de Sallah.
May the blessings of Allah fill your heart with happiness and open unto you doors of success now and always.
Eid Mubarak!.

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Johnboom: 11:15am On Aug 22, 2018
what can I do to stop my plantain trees from breaking in the middle before maturity of the plantain fruit ?

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 5:19pm On Aug 22, 2018
Johnboom:
what can I do to stop my plantain trees from breaking in the middle before maturity of the plantain fruit ?
okay.
You can either stake the plantain when they have started fruiting or you build windbreak.
You should also treat with nematicides (most plantain being affected are eaten inside and become very weak to withstand strong wind/breeze.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:23pm On Aug 22, 2018
Why you need to go organic
Never in the history of Nigeria agriculture is the promotion of organic farming reached a new level of adoption than now.
As a proponent of going-organic movement, I have come to a realisation although organic foods are quite expensive but the benefits it offers cannot be over quantified to it's cost.
Not only the environmental benefits but also the health benefits it offers.

Recently,I came across some studies have indicated that the use of pesticides even at low doses can increase the risk of certain cancers , such as leukemia, lymphoma, brain tumors, breast cancer and prostate cancer.

I understand as a farmer the thousands of litres of these harmful chemicals are used season in season out without recourse to the environment and health.

We need to urgently take actions daily to protect our health and improve our environment for better living.

We need to save the lives of children who are highly vulnerable, young adults we are losing to terminal diseases as a result,and usher in a new generation of healthy conscious individuals.
Enough said.
Go organic.
You can as well order for your organic plantain directly from our farm.
We deliver nationwide.
#agriculture#agribusiness#farm#farming#goorganic#organicplantain#farmer#food

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:19pm On Aug 23, 2018
How shortage of skilled farm labourers can jeopardise your farm investment.
One of the challenges you can faced is not only shortage but sometimes cost of labour,which are expensive. You are faced with shortage on one hand,cost on another and the question of how skilled are they in farm operations.
Over the course of the years,I have discovered 2 things you should do to overcome the issues that comes with farm workers
Read more on my facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/waleagro/photos/a.171946579635041/1098977870265236/?type=3
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:19pm On Aug 23, 2018
By the year 2050,we will have more mouth to feed and must boost our food production level by 300%.
Presently,the majority of the food produced are cultivated by over 30 million Africa small scale farmers who are seriously in need of help to improve efficiency and effectiveness to reach the level at which we can be able to cater for the teeming populations.
Its not too late to be part of this booming wealth creating opportunity

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (68) (Reply)

My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) / 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.