Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,177 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Jonathan Versus Buhari: A Clear Choice By Dele Sobowale! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Versus Buhari: A Clear Choice By Dele Sobowale! (3005 Views)

Family Of Diezani Alison-madueke Outraged By Dele Momodu's Visit To Her - Lawyer / David Mark Takes A Clear Lead In Benue South District / Throwback Photo Of Buhari Shared By Dele Momodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Versus Buhari: A Clear Choice By Dele Sobowale! by kahal29: 2:28am On Dec 21, 2014
“Once to everyman and nation comes the moment to decide; in the strife between truth with falsehood, for the good or the evil side.” J. R. Lowell, 1819-1891, (VANGUARD BOOK OF QUOTATIONS,VBQ, p 254).

For great nations, the choice comes once or, at most, twice. For Nigeria, the choice had come several times. And, the fact that, today, the failure of a country which was more advanced than South Korea, Malaysia and Thailand, among others, in 1965, is unanimously attributed to the lack of purposeful leadership is an indictment of the leaders as well as the followers.

To the best of my knowledge, nobody had been elected into office, either at the Federal, or State, level who had not enjoyed some significant measure of support. Even when the votes were supposed to have been rigged or bought, with “Stomach Infrastructure”, fellow Nigerians had been involved in the deals. Nobody alone can impose himself on a nation of 170 million people. As Joseph de Maistre, 1751-1820, in VBQ p. 80, has warned us, “Every country has the government it deserves.”

So if Nigeria, a potentially rich, but, actually poor country, has a government in which a Minister can purchase two bullet-proof cars, at inflated prices, that is what we deserve. If another Minister can spend billions of naira leasing a jet for her official use; and, then go to court to stop anyone from asking questions, because her “boss” never did, that is what we deserve too. If the BOSS himself runs a Presidential Airline with nine aircrafts, while the Presidents of France and Brazil and the Prime Ministers of Japan and Britain manage with one each, that is what we also deserve.

By contrast, we now have a challenger, who was a former Minister for Petroleum Resources (he leased no jets) and a former Head of State (no Presidential Airways then). Yet, he could state, without fear of contradiction as follows: “While others who have occupied those same positions have grown mysteriously rich, I still live on my army pension. I own no foreign bank accounts, I own no companies profiting from government contracts.”

To me the difference is clear; as clear as drinking tea or coffee with milk; or drinking mud water. Let those who had become mysteriously rich explain the source(s) of their wealth to Nigerians – including how much tax they paid on them….

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/jonathan-versus-buhari-clear-choice/

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Versus Buhari: A Clear Choice By Dele Sobowale! by FastShipping: 2:33am On Dec 21, 2014
If dem go care to listen............

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Versus Buhari: A Clear Choice By Dele Sobowale! by kahal29: 3:37am On Dec 21, 2014
FastShipping:
If dem go care to listen............

smiley

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Versus Buhari: A Clear Choice By Dele Sobowale! by seunlayi(m): 6:13am On Dec 21, 2014
buhari is a liar,

he is an ex President, he still collect money., an ex army general. ptf chairman...... even shonekan who ruled for 3 months knows what it is to be an ex head of state.
and what change are you talking about? fighting corruption with tinuthief as God father, end to BH ? ( Lol) ruled us with decrees again? setting up various military tribunals under civilian regime? close borders anyhow? indiscriminate arrest and harassment under civilian rule? who will help him now with the demise of his deputy then - Idiagbon?........

APC ought to have present a new breed politician rather than this buhari

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Versus Buhari: A Clear Choice By Dele Sobowale! by LuckyLadolce(m): 7:02am On Dec 21, 2014
Atleast i have like 30votes for buhari from my immediate and extended families. No hassle!

12 Likes

Re: Jonathan Versus Buhari: A Clear Choice By Dele Sobowale! by sebali: 7:13am On Dec 21, 2014
Many Nigerians are too sentimental so dey wud rada vote to avenge d failing biafran struggle, vote to support our so called broda, or just vote against a certain region etc.
Until we re trace our step we "no go move forward"

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Versus Buhari: A Clear Choice By Dele Sobowale! by hilary26(m): 7:15am On Dec 21, 2014
At OP, you are only short-sighted cos Buhari is a liar and a thief outside the vault. The thief who isn't opportuned to be in the vault is the one shouting 'Thief, Thief!'.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Versus Buhari: A Clear Choice By Dele Sobowale! by sebali: 7:24am On Dec 21, 2014
hilary26:
At OP, you are only short-sighted cos Buhari is a liar and a thief outside the vault. The thief who isn't opportuned to be in the vault is the one shouting 'Thief, Thief!'.

He has being in d vault several times as head of state, as ptf chairman and as petroleum minister but did not steal so ur analysis here is so WRONG......look for anoda xcuse pls cos dis one wont sell

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Versus Buhari: A Clear Choice By Dele Sobowale! by hilary26(m): 7:40am On Dec 21, 2014
sebali:

He has being in d vault several times as head of state, as ptf chairman and as petroleum minister but did not steal so ur analysis here is so WRONG......look for anoda xcuse pls cos dis one wont sell

Why then heading back inside the vault when he has been there and and never stole. HE NEVER STOLE ENUF. NOW HE IS BROKE AND HOPES TO GET MORE!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Versus Buhari: A Clear Choice By Dele Sobowale! by kahal29: 7:58am On Dec 21, 2014
shocked
Re: Jonathan Versus Buhari: A Clear Choice By Dele Sobowale! by omenka(m): 8:03am On Dec 21, 2014
God bless the writer. God willing, the cries of Nigerians will be heard in 2015.

Change we need. Change we will get. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Versus Buhari: A Clear Choice By Dele Sobowale! by SaiBuharii: 4:19pm On Dec 21, 2014
Mks sense
Re: Jonathan Versus Buhari: A Clear Choice By Dele Sobowale! by Maczeelly(m): 4:19pm On Dec 21, 2014
CHANGE
Re: Jonathan Versus Buhari: A Clear Choice By Dele Sobowale! by Maczeelly(m): 4:20pm On Dec 21, 2014
Brightology2:
K
k for kettle
Re: Jonathan Versus Buhari: A Clear Choice By Dele Sobowale! by dontjealousme1: 4:20pm On Dec 21, 2014
hilary26:

Why then heading back inside the vault when he has been there and and never stole. HE NEVER STOLE ENUF. NOW HE IS BROKE AND HOPES TO GET MORE!

Buhari has been telling everybody he never stole but keeps friends and associates freely with Big thieves, Tinubu and Amaechi), immediately comes to mind. He even want Amaechi to spend some of Rivers loot on his election campaign.

I suspect he wants to go back and steal.

Wat other motive could he have since 2002 contesting a post he once held. Buhari will loot Nigeria to finish if given the opportunity again.
Re: Jonathan Versus Buhari: A Clear Choice By Dele Sobowale! by jojoki: 4:21pm On Dec 21, 2014
We will definitely send this incompetent Government out of Aso Rock.

In change I stand!
For a better Nigeria!!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Versus Buhari: A Clear Choice By Dele Sobowale! by Sparkle777(f): 4:22pm On Dec 21, 2014
Buhari will not win as usual. Nothing personal but apc shoulda used a more viable candidate.
Re: Jonathan Versus Buhari: A Clear Choice By Dele Sobowale! by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 21, 2014
hilary26:

Guy, you are clueless! If he had lottery in his mind, he would have joined PDP tay tay grin

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Versus Buhari: A Clear Choice By Dele Sobowale! by slightlyMad(f): 4:24pm On Dec 21, 2014
GEJ was caught TWICE smuggling cash out of the country through south-africa, so that there will be no traces.

GEJ quickly removed Sanusi from office because the man screamed $12billion is missing

GEJ tried everything to retain Stealla Odua even after fraudulently acquiring bullet proof cars at inflated rates

GEJ forced nigerians to end a peaceful fuel subsidy protest which is against the law in a democratic government

Under GEJ, 1 USD = 194 naira and he is lying that all is well with the economy

GEJ promised that boko haram will be history by june 2012, and this is 2014, Boko haram is still very much around

GEJ went on TV saying Stealing isn't corruption, which means he steals

GEJ, when asked to declare his wealth says "I dont give a damn"

GEJ is investing in other countries via proxy like the king amacheree university in benin republic claimed to be owned by Asari Dokubo.

GEJ has already told us why he cant send the army to wipe out boko haram, "they are our brothers"

GEJ said and i quote "All PDP states are doing fine, no boko haram there"

GEJ till date has not visit chibok, nor does he know where Mubi is. He is a coward that cannot be compared to military men like OBJ, Buhari.
OBJ once visited the dreaded region in a bid to get the relative of the slain boko haram founder to dialogue with the boys. the relation was killed few hour afterward to show that OBJ actually visited a confirmed dreaded place. with no security forces to guard him.

GEJ spends 1 billion naira on food, even when the country is growing broke, they have resolved to start billing the masses to maintain their flamboyant lifestyle.

GEJ has not been able to get any chibok girl back despite the international cry.

GEJ aligns himself with well-known convicts like Buruji Kashamu and alamieseigha who escaped from the UK from money laundering charges dress like a woman. This thief trained GEJ way back and is currently running for the house.

Under GEJ, Diezani Allison-Madueke created a proxy JP Morgan account so all sales from crude oil enters it, then decided to forward whichever amount she wants to forward to the federation account. here is a video showing NOI stammering when questioned about the account

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugOjxv7EMD4

BUHARI on the other hand is worth trying.
even from the documents released by the FG to discredit buhari showed he has Nigeria's interest in mind.
OBJ also mentioned in his book that "it is better buhari wins and he(obj) goes to jail than for GEJ to continue"

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Versus Buhari: A Clear Choice By Dele Sobowale! by januzaj(m): 4:24pm On Dec 21, 2014
Y will I vote for #stealingisnotcorruption

J=JUST
O=ON
N=NEGATIVE
A=ASSIGNMENT
T=TO
H=HARM
A=ALL
N=NIGERIANS
B=BRING
U=US
H=HOPE
A=AND
R=REMOVE
I=INCOMPETENCE
# TeamSaiBuhari

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Versus Buhari: A Clear Choice By Dele Sobowale! by femi1410(m): 4:25pm On Dec 21, 2014
GMB FOR PRESIDENT
CHANGE is Near!
Re: Jonathan Versus Buhari: A Clear Choice By Dele Sobowale! by hybeenoni: 4:25pm On Dec 21, 2014
No amount of propaganda cn take my vote for the People's general away.

I say no cluelessness, wat abt u?

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Versus Buhari: A Clear Choice By Dele Sobowale! by omenka(m): 4:28pm On Dec 21, 2014
Owkay!!! What is. Going on here?? This just made the fp and then in a split second yanked off!!

#Interesting!!!
Re: Jonathan Versus Buhari: A Clear Choice By Dele Sobowale! by greggng: 4:30pm On Dec 21, 2014
hilary26:

Nigeria is not moving forward cos of the mentality of people like you. To you leadership is about stealing, coruption and enriching yourself. A good leader like buhari doesnot believe nigeria will die at the expense of his greed. He keep on coming to rescure nigeria .by Gods grace he will get there this time. If I were gej I should be packing my loads cos the notice to quit has been served by the masses already

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Versus Buhari: A Clear Choice By Dele Sobowale! by cmoneke: 4:30pm On Dec 21, 2014
sebali:

Na u both rule together as head of. State,ptf ch man etc how did u no if he didn't still lol be wise he is not ur father so don't swer for him ok
Re: Jonathan Versus Buhari: A Clear Choice By Dele Sobowale! by OYAY(m): 4:33pm On Dec 21, 2014
There are no alternatives to Buhari's emergence as president come May 29 2015

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Versus Buhari: A Clear Choice By Dele Sobowale! by KHAYGOLD(m): 4:54pm On Dec 21, 2014
Don't be a selfish compatriot. Love your neighbors and the people around you. Don't vote base on ethnicity, tribe and sentiment. Don't vote corruption&cluelessness. Vote credibility. Vote love. Vote progress. Vote for Change without bias if you want a better Nigeria. Vote BUARI/OSHINBAJO for President&VP.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Versus Buhari: A Clear Choice By Dele Sobowale! by amaechionuh(m): 5:00pm On Dec 21, 2014
I foresee the Buhari of a man contesting for 2019 presidential election again...lmao. Please all those that borrowed him money should start saving for 2019.
Re: Jonathan Versus Buhari: A Clear Choice By Dele Sobowale! by muktar10(m): 5:02pm On Dec 21, 2014
The differences is clear, it's now for us Nigerians to decide! #GMB all the way!

#GMB have my vote me and my extented family!
Re: Jonathan Versus Buhari: A Clear Choice By Dele Sobowale! by muktar10(m): 5:02pm On Dec 21, 2014
The differences is clear, it's now for us Nigerians to decide! #GMB all the way!

#GMB have my vote me and my extended family!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Versus Buhari: A Clear Choice By Dele Sobowale! by Olaolufred(m): 5:04pm On Dec 21, 2014
[size=14pt] I MISPLACED MY WALLET WITH CREDIT CARDS, MONEY AND IDs. WHAT I FELT MOST WAS HOW MY PVC WILL NOT VOTE AGAINST CORRUPTION AND CLUELESSNESS.
TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY, I GOT IT BACK.
MY PVC IS NOW SAFELY KEPT IN PLACE WHERE THE PLANS OF THE DEVIL WILL NOT COME TO PASS OVER IT. I FOOLISHLY VOTED CLUELESSNESS AND CORRUPTION IN 2011, BUT I WILL VOTE IT OUT WISELY.[/size]

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Amaechi: Fg Has Abandoned Crossriver and Abia States / Am Scared Of Gen Buhari's Safety.. / Aisha Buhari: My Husband Never Said He Will Scrap Office Of First Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.