Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,898 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

Begging Questions About Osibanjo's Age - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Begging Questions About Osibanjo's Age (5281 Views)

Caption This Picture Of Amaechi Buhari And Osibanjo / Begging Questions About Osibanjo's Age / Buhari's Visit To The US; Matters Arising And Begging Questions. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Begging Questions About Osibanjo's Age by donmalcolm21(m): 8:04am On Dec 21, 2014
Politics I fear! Can ds be true?....

From a friend's wall page:
Mr Osinbajo's academic qualifications is looking like another certificate forgery.
A simple inquiry by Mr. Olawale Igi-iwe Oluwagbeminiyi,has returned the age of our professor of law to be 55 years. He was allegedly called to the bar in 1979, which was 35 years ago. So a deduction of 55 from 35 equals 20 years old.
What this implies is that Mr Osinbajo became a certified Lawyer at age 20 after he must have been admitted into the Law School at age 18 and perhaps was there for about 2 years.
He allegedly attended the University of Lagos, Unilag for a 5-year law degree. This will bring his age to 13 or 14 years when he got accepted to the University. This seems like another certificate forgery.
1. Accepted to the University of Lagos age 13 or 14 years??
2. Graduated from the University of Lagos age 18 years after a 5-year degree course in Law??
3. Graduated from the Law School age 20 years after spending an average of 2 years??
4. He is 55 years old as of today.
The questions remain:
1. At what age did Prof. Osinbajo enter the University of Lagos?
2. At what age did he graduate from the University of Lagos?
3. At what age did he complete the Law School?
Note: It is possible for Prof. Yemi Osinbajo to have entered the University of Lagos at age 13 or 14, graduated at age 18 and completed his law school at age 20 and have been practising for 35 years which makes him 55 years old as of today. It also looks suspicious to have received a 13 or 14 years old undergraduates of the University of Lagos in the 1950s.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Begging Questions About Osibanjo's Age by Safari29: 8:09am On Dec 21, 2014
op I finished secondary school at age 15 and amnot the youngest in my class, finish uni at age 20. my question to u is what year did u finish you secondary school

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Begging Questions About Osibanjo's Age by donmalcolm21(m): 8:15am On Dec 21, 2014
Tell me who looks 75 and 55?

8 Likes

Re: Begging Questions About Osibanjo's Age by Safari29: 8:18am On Dec 21, 2014
donmalcolm21:
Look at this MTN generation commenting, we are talking about the 1950s, who finishes secondary school at that age?

i dont even get where u are driving at. is it that the pastor lied about his age because he want to become vp? u must be stuppidd if that's where u re driving at

2 Likes

Re: Begging Questions About Osibanjo's Age by donmalcolm21(m): 8:23am On Dec 21, 2014
Safari29:

i dont even get where u are driving at. is it that the pastor lied about his age because he want to become vp? u must be stuppidd if that's where u re driving at
if your idioti-c brain can't understand the posst and decipher the fallacy in his age then move away from this thread.

10 Likes

Re: Begging Questions About Osibanjo's Age by Safari29: 8:28am On Dec 21, 2014
donmalcolm21:
if your idioti-c brain can't understand the posst and decipher the fallacy in his age then move away from this thread.

u are retarddded if not u won't be digging Grave to discredit a credible lawyer and a pastor. do u think the man came from a poor family like u do? olofo

2 Likes

Re: Begging Questions About Osibanjo's Age by mazzi: 8:32am On Dec 21, 2014
Safari29:

what do u call a pastor that worked under tinubu's failled 8years as a governor?

5 Likes

Re: Begging Questions About Osibanjo's Age by mazzi: 8:34am On Dec 21, 2014
Buhari and his running mate using football age on nigerians.tufiakwa!

4 Likes

Re: Begging Questions About Osibanjo's Age by Tolexander: 8:35am On Dec 21, 2014
Probably the age is his football age!

Many births those days had no record and many of them just chose a certain date of birth.

4 Likes

Re: Begging Questions About Osibanjo's Age by emiye(m): 8:38am On Dec 21, 2014
Osinbajo is not 55 years, but 57 years.

I have posted his CV earlier, where the 55 years emanated from is very unclear.
Re: Begging Questions About Osibanjo's Age by emiye(m): 8:39am On Dec 21, 2014
Professor Yemi Osinbajo, SAN

Personal Data: Other Names: Oluyemi Oluleke, Date of Birth: 8th March, 1957, Place of Birth: Creek Hospital, Lagos, Home Address: 4, Osinbajo Close, Obanikoro, Ikorodu Road, Lagos, Nigeria. Nationality: Nigerian, Marital Status: Married.

Education: London School of Economics & Political Science, Master of Laws – 1980, Nigerian Law School – 1979, Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Nigeria Winner of Graham-Douglas Prize for Commercial Law University of Lagos, 1975-78, LLB, Second Class Upper, Winner State Merit Award -, Igbobi College Yaba – 1969-75, School Prize for English Oratory, 1971, 1972; Adeoba Prize for English Oratory 1972-1975; Elias Prize for Best Performance in History (WASC) – 1973, School Prize for Literature (HSC), 1975; African Statesman Intercollegiate Best Speaker’s Prize, 1974.

Work Experience: Simmons Cooper Partners (Barristers and Solicitors), Senior Partner, 2007 till date; University of Lagos, Professor of Law, Department of Public Law, Faculty of Law, 2007 to 2013; Lagos State Ministry of Justice, Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice; Member of Cabinet, Lagos State, 1999 to May 2007 ; United Nations Secretary General’s Committee of Experts on Conduct and Discipline of UN Peacekeeping Personnel around the globe, Member (2006); United Nations Operations in Somalia, Staff Member, Justice Division, UNOSOM II; Law Firm of Osinbajo, Kukoyi & Adokpaye, Partner; University of Lagos, Professor of Law and Head of Department of Public Law (1997-1999), Federal Government of Nigeria, Special Adviser to the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, (legal advice and litigation), 1988-1992; University of Lagos, Senior Lecturer I (1983-86), Lecturer II (1981-1983), Bendel Development and Planning Authority, Legal Officer (Youth Service),1979-1980

Professional Activities: International Criminal Court, Counsel, 2012 Citibank (Nigeria), Independent Director, appointed in 2008; Senior Advocate of Nigeria, 2002 ; African Development Bank, Ethics Adviser, Advisory Board; Asset and Resource Management Company Limited (ARM), Board Member, 2011 Education Sector Support Programme in Nigeria, Consultant, analysis of Legislation on Universal Basic Education, 2010; United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, Assessing the Efficiency and Impact of African Anti-Corruption Commissions, Consultant, 2009; International Bar Association, delegation to South Africa to consider the issue of the independence of the judiciary and the rule of law, Member, 2008; Board of Studies of the Council for Legal Education, Member, 2003-2007; Body of Benchers, Member, 1999-2007; Council of Legal Education, Member,1997-2007; International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda Arusha on training of Prosecutors, Consultant (2004); Revision and Publication of Laws of Lagos State, Coordinator, 2003; Human Rights Committee of the Nigerian Bar Association, Member (1999); Ministerial Committee for Review of Minerals Laws and Regulations, Member, (1996); ECOWAS, Eminent person group for the Harmonisation of the Commercial Laws of ECOWAS States, Member (1996); National Committee on the Review of Solid Mineral Laws, Member, 1996; Expert advisory team to Ethiopia to advice parliament on Legal aspects of Democratisation, Member (1992); National Committee on the Reform and Unification of the Nigerian Criminal Laws and Procedure Codes, Member, 1988-1991; National Committee on Prison Reform, Member, 1991; Compilation and Editorial Committee of Nigeria’s Treaties in Force (1970-1990) (Published in 10 volumes) Coordinator, 1991; United Nations African Institute for Crime Prevention (UNAFRI), Consultant, (1991); Delegation to the Meeting of Senior Officials of Commonwealth Law Ministries, Singapore, Leader, (1990); Task Force on the Revision of the Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, Member, 1990; Commonwealth Ad-Hoc Working Committee on the Protection of Cultural Property, Member, (1990); Senate of Lagos State University, Member ; Senate of the University of Lagos, Member; Convention on Business Integrity, Co-founder & Chairman, Justice Research Institute Ltd. Gte., Board Member , THE ORDERLY SOCIETY TRUST, Executive Director Negotiation and Conflict Management International Board Member, United Nations Development Programme/United Nations Centre on Transnational Corporations/Training Programmes in Negotiating International Commercial/Financial Agreements for Senior Government and Private Sector Officials; and Providing An Enabling Environment for Foreign Investment in Nigeria, Coordinator; United Nations Centre on Transnational Corporations/United Nations Development Programme, Consultant; Commonwealth Working Party on the Commonwealth Advisory Service on Arbitration, Member; Nigerian Delegation to Negotiation of ECOWAS Mutual Legal Assistance Treaties, Gambia, Leader ; Governing Board of Legal Research and Resource Development Centre (LRRDC), Member ; Governing Board of Empowerment and Action Research Centre (EMPARC), Member ; International Bar Association, Member; Justice Committee of the Transitional Work Groups of the Governor-Elect Lagos State, Secretary; British Institute of International and Comparative Law, Member.

Membership of Editorial Boards of Learned Publications:
Editorial Advisory Board of the Appellate Review Journal(Published by The Emmanuel Ayoola Foundation); Gravitas Review of Business and Property Law; Nigerian Supreme Court Cases – DSC Publications (Published in 35 volumes); Justice (Journal of Contemporary Legal Problems); Contemporary Law Journal, (Faculty of Law, UNILAG); All Nigeria Law Reports (Published in 31 volumes); LASU Law Journal, Lawyers Bi-Annual, Journal of Finance and Investment Law; National Correspondent Bulletin of Legal Developments, Editorial Director Justice Now legal newspaper.

Membership of Editorial Boards of Non-Legal Publications:
Member, Editorial Advisory Board of the News/Tempo, Editor/Consultant, Human Dignity (Journal of the Human Rights Club), Member, Editorial Board of Scrutiny (Advocacy Bulletin of Integrity)

Publications
Chapters Contributed to Books:
The Common Law, The Evidence Act and The Interpretation of Section 5(a) in Essays in Honour of Judge Elias (1986) (J.A. Omotola, ed) pgs. 165-18;

Some Reforms in The Nigerian Law of Evidence Chapter in Law and Development (1986), (J.A. Omotola and A.A. Adeogun eds.) pgs. 282-311;

Rules of Evidence in Criminal Trials in the Nigerian Special Military Tribunals Chapter 2 in Essays on Nigerian Law, Vol … 1, Pgs. 28-42. (J.A. Omotola ed),

Some Public Law Considerations in Environmental Protection. Chapter in “Environmental Laws in Nigeria”, (J.A. Omotola ed.) 1990 pgs 128-149,

Domestic and International Protection for Women: “Landmarks on the Journey so Far” in Women and Children under Nigerian Law”. (Awa U. Kalu & Yemi Osinbajo eds.) 1990. pgs. 231-241

Some Problems of Proof of Bank Frauds and Other Financial Malpractices in Bank Frauds and Other Financial Malpractices in Nigeria (Awa Kalu ed.)

Modalities For The Implementation of The Transition Provisions in The New Constitution in Law Development and Administration, (Yemi Osinbajo & Awa Kalu eds.) FMJL Review Series, (1990).

Legal and Institutional Framework For The Eradication of Drug Trafficking in Nigeria – Narcotics: Laws and Policy in Nigeria (Awa Kalu & Yemi Osinbajo eds.) FMJL Review Series, 1990

Proof of Customary Law in non-Customary Courts, – Towards a Restatement of Nigerian Customary Laws, (Osinbajo & Awa Kalu eds.) 1991,

External Debt Management: Case Study of Nigeria – International Finance and External Debt Management, UNDP/UNCTC, 1991,

Judicial and Quasi-judicial Processing of Economic and organized Crimes: Experiences, Problems etc. Essays in Honour of Judge Bola Ajibola, (Prof. C.O. Okonkwo ed.) 1992,

Human Rights, Economic Development and the Corruption Factor in Human Rights and the Rule of Law and Development in Africa (Paul T. Zeleza et al eds) 2004

2 Likes

Re: Begging Questions About Osibanjo's Age by Safari29: 8:39am On Dec 21, 2014
mazzi:
what do u call a pastor that worked under tinubu's failled 8years as a governor?

u called tinubu governance in lag failure? u guys are just so annoying. can u tell me how it is a failurr

1 Like

Re: Begging Questions About Osibanjo's Age by brownlord2: 8:43am On Dec 21, 2014
Safari29:

u are retarddded if not u won't be digging Grave to discredit a credible lawyer and a pastor. do u think the man came from a poor family like u do? olofo

is that the prof. holding phone for tinubu as errand boy?

4 Likes

Re: Begging Questions About Osibanjo's Age by Safari29: 8:46am On Dec 21, 2014
brownlord2:

yeah that's him clap for ur self. oya go and dig his grand fathers grave. olofo
Re: Begging Questions About Osibanjo's Age by brownlord2: 8:50am On Dec 21, 2014
Safari29:

yeah that's him clap for ur self. oya go and dig his grand fathers grave. olofo

huh, a prof and would be Vice president of Federal republic of Nigeria, running errand for tinubu?

the man is finished, imaging serving buhari and tinubu same time, Banicansta will be more relevant than him should apc get the ticket to aso rock

3 Likes

Re: Begging Questions About Osibanjo's Age by nigerianvenom(m): 8:52am On Dec 21, 2014
here is a man that calls himself a pastor and prides about it,yet couldn't tell Nigerians the truth about his age.

when we said he doesn't look 55years,we were told that looks can be deceptive,we partially agreed.

we then further asked how come he graduated and was called to bar at 19yrs of age,we were told that he had an extraordinary brain.
which kind extraordinary brain as at 60s and 70s were we are told ur hands had to cross ur head for u to be admitted into primary school.

APC has never told us the truth about themselves,its such a pity.

osibanjo is a disgrace to his conscience

tinubu is a disgrace to corruption

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Begging Questions About Osibanjo's Age by Safari29: 8:53am On Dec 21, 2014
brownlord:

huh, a prof and would be Vice president of Federal republic of Nigeria, running errand for tinubu?

the man is finished, imaging serving buhari and tinubu same time, Banicansta will be more relevant than him should apc get the ticket to aso rock

get a life. U are retarded8
Re: Begging Questions About Osibanjo's Age by brownlord2: 8:54am On Dec 21, 2014
Safari29:

get a life. U are retarded8

I have one, paid robot

3 Likes

Re: Begging Questions About Osibanjo's Age by nigerianvenom(m): 8:55am On Dec 21, 2014
Safari29:
op I finished secondary school at age 15 and amnot the youngest in my class, finish uni at age 20. my question to u is what year did u finish you secondary school

which year did u finished secondary school?
we are talking about the 70s were u had to possess some physical attributes to be admitted into schools.
stop defending someone that cant even defend himself

3 Likes

Re: Begging Questions About Osibanjo's Age by Safari29: 8:55am On Dec 21, 2014
nigerianvenom:
here is a man that calls himself a pastor and prides about it,yet couldn't tell Nigerians the truth about his age.

when we said he doesn't look 55years,we were told that looks can be deceptive,we partially agreed.

we then further asked how come he graduated and was called to bar at 19yrs of age,we were told that he had an extraordinary brain.
which kind extraordinary brain as at 60s and 70s were we are told ur hands had to cross ur head for u to be admitted into primary school.

APC has never told us the truth about themselves,its such a pity.

osibanjo is a disgrace to his conscience

tinubu is a disgrace to corruption
his age is 57. do u have his birth certificate?
and what do u Wana fo wi the age anyway because to me age doesn't matter

1 Like

Re: Begging Questions About Osibanjo's Age by nigerianvenom(m): 8:58am On Dec 21, 2014
mazzi:
pastor of lies
Safari29:

his age is 57. do u have his birth certificate?
and what do u Wana fo wi the age anyway because to me age doesn't matter

bros,the age matters.we are talking about sincerity here.if u cant be sincere about such little things as age,what makes me feel u will be truthful when u start seeing billions?

4 Likes

Re: Begging Questions About Osibanjo's Age by BlackSEER(m): 9:00am On Dec 21, 2014
[quote
author=Safari29 post=29069414]op I finished secondary school at age 15
and amnot the youngest in my class, finish uni at age 20. my question to
u is what year did u finish you secondary school [/quote]

don't derail the thread, stick to topics.Anyway,am not surprise because his godfather was once enmeshed in a certificate forgery brouhaha
Re: Begging Questions About Osibanjo's Age by Safari29: 9:01am On Dec 21, 2014
nigerianvenom:

pastor of lies

bros,the age matters.we are talking about sincerity here.if u cant be sincere about such little things as age,what makes me feel u will be truthful when u start seeing billions?
he is 57
Re: Begging Questions About Osibanjo's Age by Safari29: 9:02am On Dec 21, 2014
BlackSEE:

don't derail the thread, stick to topics.Anyway,am not surprise because his godfather was once enmeshed in a certificate forgery brouhaha

wareva
Re: Begging Questions About Osibanjo's Age by BlackSEER(m): 9:03am On Dec 21, 2014
[quote
author=Safari29 post=29069804]

u are retarddded if not u won't be digging Grave to discredit a credible
lawyer and a pastor. do u think the man came from a poor family like u
do? olofo[/quote]

you are really the one that is very stupid in reasoning.How old are you self? Like seriously,you sounded like a primary school pupil.
Re: Begging Questions About Osibanjo's Age by nigerianvenom(m): 9:04am On Dec 21, 2014
brownlord2:

he is the one na.
a prof and pastor who's an embodiment of lies and deception having learn such skills from tinubu himself
Re: Begging Questions About Osibanjo's Age by Safari29: 9:05am On Dec 21, 2014
Am older than ur fada
Re: Begging Questions About Osibanjo's Age by cocoduck: 9:15am On Dec 21, 2014
Safari29:
You are a cheap liar, I attended GSS Owerri and I completed my secondary education in 2006, the youngest in our set was at that time 16 going to 17 years old, and the oldest was 23, so please I also schooled in Nigeria.
Any ways I had a very hot sex with Beyonce last night in front of Jigga man. And last week I was in bed with Michelle and Malia Obama in full view of Barack, their husband and father. And next Wednesday I'll Fvck Nicky Minaj. hahahahahahaha!.

1 Like

Re: Begging Questions About Osibanjo's Age by Safari29: 9:21am On Dec 21, 2014
cocoduck:

You are a cheap liar, I attended GSS Owerri and I completed my secondary education in 2006, the youngest in our set was at that time 16 going to 17 years old, and the oldest was 23, so please I also schooled in Nigeria.
Any ways I had a very hot sex with Beyonce last night in front of Jigga man. And last week I was in bed with Michelle and Malia Obama in full view of Barack, their husband and father. And next Wednesday I'll Fvck Nicky Minaj. hahahahahahaha!.

what wud I gain if I lie with my age on here? presently my sister is in ss2 and she will be 12 this December which means she entered at the age of 7. There are some people with fast education like a rocket

1 Like

Re: Begging Questions About Osibanjo's Age by cocoduck: 9:29am On Dec 21, 2014
Safari29:

what wud I gain if I lie with my age on here? presently my sister is in ss2 and she will be 12 this December which means she entered at the age of 7. There are some people with fast education like a rocket
You can gain a lot oooooh!
your sister started primary school at 7-6 = 1 YEAR. Na real wa ooh
Re: Begging Questions About Osibanjo's Age by omonnakoda: 9:32am On Dec 21, 2014
A few points
I really do not know Osinbajo or care about him but if we are to argue let us do so INTELLIGENTLY and not based o false premises. It is ridiculous to suggest that people excelling academically is a modern phenomenon or that it was a universal practice to place the hands over the heads to gain admission.
Those families where there were already educated people ,so called elites sent their kids to school early. There are families that have had graduates for close to 100 years in Nigeria even more in some cases.
Kids of Reverends often got educated early. Wole Soyinka went to Government College Ibadan at the age of 11 and before that he was at Abeokuta Grammar School. Ojukwu had a Masters degree aged 23 in 1956 and Ojukwu was not exceptional as a scholar in that era. He went to Kings College
FRA Williams was called to the bar at 23 in 1943 which is remarkable considering that he entered primary school over the age of 10years. His father was a lawyer. His brother Akintola Williams an accountant
Victor Olunloyo born in 1935 completed a PhD at the age of 26. Gowon was head of state at 30 and so on. If Osinbajo has lied then he lied this should be based on facts not on some specious deductions . It was not unheard of to have people in Nigeria especially University of Ife, which had a reputation for this, to have people enter University at 13 in the 1980s which I am personally aware of. Yes it did not happen everyday but it did happen because it would be reported in the papers. Entering at 14 15 16 did happen more often and whilst unusual too was not news in the 80s.
Those people who "heard" from their parents that you had to reach over your head with your arm to touch your ears to be admitted to primary school heard the truth but this is the truth about their family's social class in Nigeria of that time which persists to this day. If there was education or money in your family and they kept books at home you went to school early and developed fast in fact arguably much better than today because they had better teachers. Not anyone could just enter a school and start teaching as is the case today

2 Likes

Re: Begging Questions About Osibanjo's Age by Safari29: 9:33am On Dec 21, 2014
cocoduck:

You can gain a lot oooooh!
your sister started primary school at 7-6 = 1 YEAR. Na real wa ooh
ok I understand you. Let me make clear for you we don't goto public schools both private sec and uni. last time I check double promotion exist in private prima school if u are too bright to be in that class. my sister got double pro twice in pri school from kg to pre nursery then to pri 1. she did common entrance in pry 3 and passed

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

South South Gave Buhari More Votes Than South East / Mbaka Comes Hard On Buhari...pics / Fully Loaded Danfo Bus Without Back Cover Pictured At Eko Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.