Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,243 members, 7,953,916 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:51 AM

Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! (44689 Views)

MTN Nigeria Changes Recharge Pin Codes From 12 To 16 Digits / Have Anyone Successfully Guessed A Recharge Card Pin before? / Why You Will Never Guess A Correct Recharge Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! by skyprofm(m): 2:50pm On Dec 21, 2014
Obinoscopy:
The probability of guessing an MTN Voucher number correctly is calculated as 1/12! = 0.0000000021

The probability is so so small. Almost zero.

1/12=0.083. Olodo

1 Like

Re: Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! by Kessyy2k4(m): 2:53pm On Dec 21, 2014
Obinoscopy:
The probability of guessing an MTN Voucher number correctly is calculated as 1/12! = 0.0000000021

Ahhh!cheesy 1/12!=0.000000000021 say who issac Newton? , grin NL mathematician no go burst my brain ogrin

bro, press ya caculator well well...1/12! not =0.000000000021 as u claimed

finally anything u do , always remember that.,....
GMB2015isCOMING2ASOrock2015......GEJ start renovating prison now!!""cheesy
Re: Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! by Obinoscopy(m): 2:54pm On Dec 21, 2014
skyprofm:

1/12=0.083. Olodo
1/12! is not the same thing as 1/12. Olodo tongue

5 Likes

Re: Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! by nymphomaniac(m): 2:55pm On Dec 21, 2014
henryobinna:
we no get laws for naija na.

you think some of them know anything about the internet?

when una former minister if information say GEJ give una FB.

so keep visiting.
they have closed all the good sites sef...smh
Re: Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! by Obinoscopy(m): 2:57pm On Dec 21, 2014
Kessyy2k4:

Ahhh!cheesy 1/12!=0.000000000021 say who issac Newton? , grin NL mathematician no go burst my brain ogrin

bro, press ya caculator well well...1/12! not =0.000000000021 as u claimed
Yimu
Re: Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! by bengems(m): 3:05pm On Dec 21, 2014
ur guess may be right, but the PIN won't work because it has not been validated by MTN server. moreover, different PINS are assigned to unique serial numbers from MTN Automated Voucher machines!....so, it's practically impossible to get lucky by guessing!

1 Like

Re: Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! by onyekachee(f): 3:15pm On Dec 21, 2014
iamrealdeji:
exactly,women ain't always this smart
you sound really pathetic from your post for you to come to the conclusion that women are not that smart

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! by henryobinna(m): 3:26pm On Dec 21, 2014
nymphomaniac:
they have closed all the good sites sef...smh
you said good sites?

are there good sites there?

well more than 80% of them are actually bad sites.
Re: Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! by rbabadiddi: 3:29pm On Dec 21, 2014
The reason I learnt's because the pins used in recharge cards are derived using a specified mathematical formula that only a highly restricted number of experts know!!!

1 Like

Re: Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! by magabounce(m): 3:32pm On Dec 21, 2014
Hero10001:

Lottery, Football combo etc are different to Pins.
Pins are made through patterns, there is no chance of repeating a pin else it's void.
It's possible to create valid pins but you won't find the trick on the net.
Na Oyinbo weh do pencil do eraser join am.
Abi oooooo
Re: Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! by patfem(m): 3:35pm On Dec 21, 2014
Question 4 d gods
Re: Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! by seangy4konji: 3:36pm On Dec 21, 2014
You welcome. Na so oooo
BuddhaPalm:

Dude thanks. I really fell on the floor laughing. cheesy cheesy
Re: Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 21, 2014
PrettyHausaGirl:

huh
wat huh are u dat smart
Re: Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! by Chylo(m): 3:41pm On Dec 21, 2014
I think most of you are missing the point the OP was making. We all know about permutation and possible combinations, but the point is there must be millions of recharge card pins all active at the same time, so the probability of guessing even one of those correctly should be much higher, not so?

I mean, the odds of guessing a correct 12 digit pin out of millions of active pins (nationwide and all denominations) shouldn't be dat low. Perhaps this is why they only give you 3 tries before they block your line. I reckon if up to 12 tries are allowed at a time, many people would correctly guess pins within that frame (even through just picking 12 numbers at random without a system).

1 Like

Re: Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! by zicoy6k: 3:49pm On Dec 21, 2014
Obinoscopy:

U are wrong my friend, the probability is 1 million times less than that because any digit can be repeated at least 11 times.
Re: Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! by zicoy6k: 3:54pm On Dec 21, 2014
Chylo:
I think most of you are missing the point the OP was making. We all know about permutation and possible combinations, but the point is there must be millions of recharge card pins all active at the same time, so the probability of guessing even one of those correctly should be much higher, not so?

I mean, the odds of guessing a correct 12 digit pin out of millions of active pins (nationwide and all denominations) shouldn't be dat low. Perhaps this is why they only give you 3 tries before they block your line. I reckon if up to 12 tries are allowed at a time, many people would correctly guess pins within that frame (even through just picking 12 numbers at random without a system).
U are very correct bro. Ppl no know simple probability
Re: Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! by Obinoscopy(m): 3:55pm On Dec 21, 2014
zicoy6k:
U are wrong my friend, the probability is 1 million times less than that because any digit can be repeated at least 11 times.
True. I was even more conservative. It's much more less.
Re: Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! by zicoy6k: 3:58pm On Dec 21, 2014
skyprofm:

1/12=0.083. Olodo
Na u be the biggest olodo ever. U need to be flogged except if u neva did maths in your life.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! by bankoleben(m): 3:58pm On Dec 21, 2014
Obinoscopy:

The chances are definitely higher than that. This is because there are many recharge cards, not just one. The higher the number of valid recharge cards available, the higher your chances.
Re: Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! by zicoy6k: 4:03pm On Dec 21, 2014
bengems:
ur guess may be right, but the PIN won't work because it has not been validated by MTN server. moreover, different PINS are assigned to unique serial numbers from MTN Automated Voucher machines!....so, it's practically impossible to get lucky by guessing!
Guy i humbly ask this question; wat r u saying? There is no validation whatsoever when u r recharging. U only use d pin not with d serial number. It is possible to guess a pin,d chance is just very small. Btw, providers dnt giv u opportunity to guess many times if not angry guys go jst sit down all day trying to guess recharge cards.
Re: Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! by Obinoscopy(m): 4:07pm On Dec 21, 2014
bankoleben:

The chances are definitely higher than that. This is because there are many recharge cards, not just one. The higher the number of valid recharge cards available, the higher your chances.
Yes, I know. That was why I was more conservative in my calculation. It should have been 1/(10P1)12 = 0.000000000001

Thus even if you multiply the answer from above by thousands, it'll still be less than the value I arrived at earlier wink.

1 Like

Re: Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! by Fraih(f): 4:16pm On Dec 21, 2014
iamrealdeji:
Re: Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! by Fraih(f): 4:16pm On Dec 21, 2014
iamrealdeji:

Strongly disagree
Re: Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! by Tmissy3000(m): 4:20pm On Dec 21, 2014
As for me, I don guess am b4 and I hv won like 2time.
Re: Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! by Guidette(f): 4:21pm On Dec 21, 2014
iamrealdeji:
Yet there were women beating you in class... I cant deal...
Re: Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! by viper07: 4:22pm On Dec 21, 2014
i ve guessed one ryt before cool
Re: Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! by anumide(f): 4:51pm On Dec 21, 2014
iamrealdeji:
sad I understand u live among dumb women. 'm sorry for that situation. Please relocate.
Re: Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! by dayveed1(m): 4:54pm On Dec 21, 2014
onyekachee:
How can you guess 12 digits when you cannot win 4 accumulations in football betting

wrong about that
Re: Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! by bigtt76(f): 5:08pm On Dec 21, 2014
Using extrapolation, you can get the sequence from a genuine card and go in to create good guesses which is like 1 in 1000 chances.
Re: Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! by iamrealdeji(m): 5:27pm On Dec 21, 2014
anumide:
sad I understand u live among dumb women. 'm sorry for that situation. Please relocate.
That's what I'm saying,all these girls dissing me without reading what I said properly,guys would rather have mixed feelings because guys are generally smarter,really smart guys would understand me,averagely intelligent guys wouldn't really understand and either keep mute or ask me to explain better,dumb guys would diss me,i said girls are not this smart which means they're not as smart as boys,and that's just how it is,its reality,it has nothing to do with dissing or downgrading women,the percentage of male Nobel laureates are more than women Nobel laureates,the percentage of male great scientists and researchers is more than women,the percentage of male inventors is more than female inventors,the percentage of guys that understand my statement is more than girls that understand my statement

2 Likes

Re: Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! by iamrealdeji(m): 5:29pm On Dec 21, 2014
onyekachee:
you sound really pathetic from your post for you to come to the conclusion that women are not that smart
That's what I'm saying,all these girls dissing me without reading what I said properly,guys would rather have mixed feelings because guys are generally smarter,really smart guys would understand me,averagely intelligent guys wouldn't really understand and either keep mute or ask me to explain better,dumb guys would diss me,i said girls are not this smart which means they're not as smart as boys,and that's just how it is,its reality,it has nothing to do with dissing or downgrading women,the percentage of male Nobel laureates are more than women Nobel laureates,the percentage of male great scientists and researchers is more than women,the percentage of male inventors is more than female inventors,the percentage of guys that understand my statement is more than girls that understand my statement
Re: Why You Can Never Guess Correctly A Recharge Pin! by iamrealdeji(m): 5:30pm On Dec 21, 2014
johncreek:

Not all of them are dullant like you.
You're one of the few dumb guys I'm talking about in this statement:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Hands On Review- By Ahmadjr / Relocating Soon Abroad What phone Should I buy / Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.