Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... (29301 Views)

"Northern Youths" Threaten To "Extinguish" AIT If Buhari Doesn't Win (Letter) / APC Destroys Five PDP Vehicles In Gombe In A Revenge Attack / Nkanu Youths Threaten Showdown With PDP Over Patience Jonathan's Interference. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by bryan1991: 11:15am On Dec 22, 2014
SeverusSnape:

The igbos have nothing to do with this, We are talking about election violence, Have you ever seen the igbos fighting over election?

Have you heard about Biafra radio.. Last year they were protesting all over cities in europe...

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by maasoap(m): 11:15am On Dec 22, 2014
Umunede:
Buhari will be fighting two wars if he wins. Boko haram in the north and Niger delta militants in the south
That won't be a problem. Only then you will see how efficient and effective Nigeria Military could be under the right leadership.

8 Likes

Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by Keegan: 11:15am On Dec 22, 2014
bryan1991:

The northerners are not the cause of our problems but the easterners and the southerners. I'm from Benin City I hate the igbo's and any body who possess their greedy features.....they are the one's deceiving the people in Delta, Port Harcourt and Bayelsa.

God bless you. Igbos haven't learn anything about their past mistakes. I don't even know what we are gaining in associating with this egocentric set of people? Free the igbos, let them have their biafra! This people are so partial in their dealings, they can never call a spade a spade.

3 Likes

Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by stanisbaratheon: 11:17am On Dec 22, 2014
GodMode:

30-50 years from now there will be no buhari or gej or fashola...

It will be our mates that will be in power... Most of them are reading either as users or guests and they are taking notes of comments here...

okay agreed
Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by BraniacX(m): 11:18am On Dec 22, 2014
MayorofLagos:

they need to modify their threat to say in SS/SE where they have territorial control. SW is full blast Buhari/Osinbajo. If Ijaw try anything in Yorubaland they better be damn sure they first stockpile enough food to last 3yrs for their sustenance.

We will blow up the oil pipes and turn their land to an inferno of lasting hell.

shyyte, of all people Ijaw threatening war......since when? Madafvckrs! angry

it might be the voice of the IYC talking but trust me, it is the whole united south south and south east plus dare i say christian north central mobilizing alongside so you yoruba apologists should just hush it, fold your arms and watch us give the muslim north/haramites what they are begging for but if you decide to steel up your spine and stop being cowards(which would be a first) and throw your not too insignificant weight behind the haramites then be it on your heads so my advice is that you stick to what you do best which are noise making, verbal duelling, cyber duelling and rabble rousing in no particular order and leave the fist fighting to the men.
Gosh! I thought every yoruba knew that the rest of Nigeria only takes them into cognisance when muscle, blood and self sacrifice are not involved?
Apparently you dont so while You might choose to lick the ass-holes of the hausa/fulani ''born to rule jihadists'', do not expect the rest of us to join you there.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by ONYX5(m): 11:19am On Dec 22, 2014
[quote author=size40 post=29096235]useless Ijaw youths. why threatening people in the south? so if some of their own brothers and sisters are APC supporters, they will attack and kill them? Am not just a southerner, am a full Niger Delta son and my support and vote goes to Buhari and APC.[/quote read your comment and go and check if you well @ all
Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by Keegan: 11:20am On Dec 22, 2014
rozayx5:

yea yea we know, South West cowards

Bring it on e-warrior. Alagbara ma mero baba ole. This time, there's gonna be victor and vanquish.
Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by GodMode: 11:21am On Dec 22, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Which they refuse to do, and if they refuse to do it now....they won't under division.

Also, the problem with most of you Nigerians that I regard as a poor omen for any future division....you are too reliant on government. All of you expect govt to solve your problems. And you expect them to do it by giving you money.

You also have a poor attitude towards education. You do not see it as a means of innovation, you see it as a means of eating money as a first class clerk in govt or in the oil company.

If this country splits....we won't get nations of innovators....we would get resource hungry nations....and the inevitable war over resources.Which is why I urge you Nigerians to get serious minded leaders....because a serious minded leader would develop regions to the point where they would be sustainable without having to rely on exports of resources. But.,....anytime I suggest that here....you people either say that 'there is nobody'' or ''they are all bad'' or ''He is a Hausa/Igbo/Yoruba...so no vote. Do you expect such people with such attitudes to form a serious country.? Or countries.

That ultimately is why I oppose Nigeria splitting up....it is not because it is a bad idea...it is because Nigerians have not learned to be self sufficient. We are a nation of parasites. The recent stats released prove it...almost all the states rely on money from Abuja, except Lagos.(take lagos away from SW....and SW would just be as dependent on oil). We are also tribalist....and a split nation would unleash the forces of tribalism in a destructive way. So ,for now....you Nigerians have got to stop being so dependent....and start working for your money. Because you people want to split because you feel you are not getting enough oil money because of the Hausas...(and the Hausas want to rule because they think the South is cheating them out of their fair share of resources).

But, I won't convince you. And for that matter most Nigerians. I guess I am all alone in this thinking. And I guess it is somewhat naive. But...naivety, or no naivety....the big picture is splitting a nation of dependents won''t end well. Best we get leaders who wean us off the dependency first.

You don't need to be in govt to move a nation forward..

SW does not need oil... they survive on SMEs, industries, companies, tax and agriculture..

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by BinghiNya(m): 11:21am On Dec 22, 2014
erunz:
who wan fight., shey na urle yoruba people that couldn't even fight Ijaws in ajegule in 2001.
I say dem burn man dem kill man o for inside ajegunle, ijaws no go forget Yoruba lailai ask African China

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by ndcide(m): 11:22am On Dec 22, 2014
omenka:
And I foresee a redeemed country.

These guys should shut it. What's the hullabaloo about exactly?? Did anyone threaten to attack Jonathan's supporters in the North??

Nigeria will survive.

You are being hypocritical. did you not read where a governor was showing press men threat SMS from those who think they are being betrayed?

If you think we will not ensure that GEJ wins next year, then you must be joking.

He must win and you and your likes can go to war.

5 Likes

Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by san316(m): 11:24am On Dec 22, 2014
this is how crisis break. those saying 'bring it on' will hide under their bed peeing in their pants when things get out if hand.

Now we know that the ijaw youths have made official statement regarding the coming elections. who are those northerners that threatened to attack PDP supporters? is it AYC? Northern elders forum? Miyetti Allah? who exactly? can't we get a name?

these media houses keep spreading hate. if the country splits asunder today, the elites have where to run to. but you, yes you reading this! If your landlord evicts you or your house gets burnt( God forbid) do you have any where to run to and be comfortable?

What we say online can influence things that happen in reality so let us be mindful.

3 Likes

Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by azpekuliar: 11:26am On Dec 22, 2014
size40:
useless Ijaw youths. why threatening people in the south? so if some of their own brothers and sisters are APC supporters, they will attack and kill them? Am not just a southerner, am a full Niger Delta son and my support and vote goes to Buhari and APC.

Nobody gives a rats shit who you intend to vote for. Re-read the article again. If pro-Buhari campaigners can campaign freely without any molestation in South then why should the same curtsey not be extended to pro-Jonathan groups in the North? That's the question that begs answering, not where you come from or who you intend to vote for, because indeed, nobody cares!

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by SeverusSnape(m): 11:27am On Dec 22, 2014
bushdoc9919:

I am aware of the violence...but I am also aware that unfortunately.....it rises from the attitude of dependency you Nigerians show...that led to Ijaw Youth calling fire for fire.

You better take my previous post to heart. Because....that is the trouble with you Nigerians.
Yeah...Thanks
Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 22, 2014
ndcide:

You are being hypocritical. did you not read where a governor was showing press men threat SMS from those who think they are being betrayed?

If you think we will not ensure that GEJ wins next year, then you must be joking.

He must win and you and your likes can go to war.

Yes their actions is wiping up sentiment for GEJ.
Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by ladodo: 11:29am On Dec 22, 2014
Dis guys want people 2 use them, look let GEJ fight is own battle which he caused, my advise 2 other members of d youth, some of how exco's av collected brown envelopes 4 them 2 cause problems so open ur eyes well well, dont be used by selfish people 2 cause problem remember was has happened in d past. Longlife Nigerian, God blessed Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by corektchic: 11:30am On Dec 22, 2014
This country should jus get divided already. Afterall d problem has alws been resource control. Everyone should go n manage what they have.
Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by maclatunji: 11:31am On Dec 22, 2014
Umunede:
Buhari will be fighting two wars if he wins. Boko haram in the north and Niger delta militants in the south

A competent leader will overcome both.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by muh4lyf(m): 11:32am On Dec 22, 2014
Nigerian politicians fight the masses with poverty.... So that during elections,they use it against them. What does the masses do in return,they fight themselves. My conclusion is that the masses have not suffered enough,if they have,they'd stop fighting each other and face those fighting them with poverty....

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by erunz(m): 11:34am On Dec 22, 2014
BinghiNya:
I say dem burn man dem kill man o for inside ajegunle, ijaws no go forget Yoruba lailai ask African China
na Hausa dem do that one to, not ijaw. U read papers we where there during the fight, Ijaw fought OPC to a stand still in Ajegunle.
Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by cy4cent(f): 11:35am On Dec 22, 2014
Unibenstudent:
Jonathan take south,buhari take north.no fighting..
I am from d south, but I will gladly go with Buhari...

3 Likes

Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by maclatunji: 11:36am On Dec 22, 2014
This current president is just driving this country to the lowest depths of tribalism. In other countries, the guys making such threats would be arrested and charged to court for inciting violence.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by fejikudz(m): 11:36am On Dec 22, 2014
erunz:
who wan fight., shey na urle yoruba people that couldn't even fight Ijaws in ajegule in 2001.
cheesy cheesy abeg tell am again
Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by Nuezha(m): 11:38am On Dec 22, 2014
Anasko:
Ijaw youths have threatened to attack supporters of the presidential candidate for the All Progressives Congress, Maj.-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), in southern part of Nigeria.

The youths said on Sunday that they would visit Buhari’s supporters in the South with violence if the loyalists of President Goodluck Jonathan should be attacked in the North.

The Ijaw Youth Council Worldwide said the decision to attack Buhari’s supporters was informed by reports that some persons in the North had resorted to sending open threat messages to pro-Jonathan governors and other supporters.

In a statement by the IYC spokesperson, Mr. Eric Omare, the youths said, “All Nigerians irrespective of his or her place of origin has a right to contest for the presidency of Nigeria and Nigerians have a right to support any candidate of their choice without molestation.

“It would be recalled that hundreds of Nigerians, especially NYSC members were killed and properties worth millions of naira destroyed in the aftermath of the 2011 elections as a result of similar undemocratic disposition of some elements in the North.”

“We of southern Nigeria have not at any time threatened or attacked supporters of General Buhari; hence any threat or attack on supporters of President Jonathan in the north would be visited with proportionate action from us in the south.

“Governors Amaechi, (Rochas) Okorocha and (Adams) Oshiomole; Timipre Silva, John Oyegun, Bola Tinubu and other supporters of General Buhari in southern Nigeria are going about their campaigns without any molestation from southerners.

“Enough is enough for those who promised and are making northern Nigeria ungovernable for President Jonathan. If they want their own country, let them say so as we can no longer accept the ‘Extreme North Must Rule’ mentality of some northerners.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/ijaw-youths-threaten-attack-on-buharis-supporters/

Well...well...well... one thing the Northerners hardly ever do is to distort political rallies or throw pure water sachets at people.
I doubt if people are not making this up.
Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by yomi007k(m): 11:38am On Dec 22, 2014
Very well if they want a battle.......

.......We'll give them WARRRRR
Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by AKzee(m): 11:40am On Dec 22, 2014
SeverusSnape:
The north caused all these rubbish, I guess no one has monopoly for violence. Bunch of Extremists!!!
Absence of free and fair election is the root cause of everything. Tell ur PDP to stop rigging elections. I bet u, on a free and fair ground GEJ will lose woefully. The threat in the North is all about rigging. When it comes to threat, hausas knows how to does it better. We are still watching their movie.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by martineverest(m): 11:40am On Dec 22, 2014
I,martieverest,a full blooded niger-deltan choose tobe part of historic stride in modern nigeria by voting out my clueless brother from a neigjbouring state and vote in a beloved papa from the north......i pledge to fulfil my civic right on feb.14,2015.so help me God.
Can sombody tell the ijaw youths dat niger-deltans re no loyal to jonathan esp those from edo,delta,cross river and part of rivers state
Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by donodion(m): 11:41am On Dec 22, 2014
bushdoc9919:

You better not wish for a divided Nigeria....because the consequences of such could be very very disastrous.

Yes, Nigeria is a contraption, but if we split up this contraption, we would end up with dozens of squabbling, small states, millions of refugees, and did I mention that Boko won't suddenly sit down and say ''Peace''?.

Worse, we would have a war for resources, and control of land and people. Big tribes will attack and conquer small tribes in wars that would lead to a large refugee crisis.

In short....Somalia writ large.

You know something about you Nigerians.....you are not really interested in development. You just want to chop....regardless of whether your GDP can sustain it. That is why you fight over oil money like a group of banshees, and cry war when you don't get what you want.

If you want division of Nigeria , fine. Even I myself sometimes think it might be a good idea. But unfortunately, I don't want to see what happened in India and Pakistan in 1947-8 repeat itself here.I don't want the Civil War part 2 repeated here. I want you and other Nigerians to seriously force your leaders to work for you....and to stop seeing government as a means to fill your stomach to the brim. Because that is what is fueling this talk of division.

Better reverse your prayer and your 'prophecy'. Instead....for once pray for serious mindedness amongst Nigerians and their leaders. (Note-I did not tell you to vote for any party).
bro true,however in Nigeria,it takes violence to get the attention of whoever is in power.
I would rather young educated military officers take over realm of governance than APC/PDP Turn my fatherland to Somalia.
Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by martineverest(m): 11:42am On Dec 22, 2014
D most tribalistic ppl in nigeria.....i bet u,an average edo man would love to associate with hausas than ibos.
Keegan:

God bless you. Igbos haven't learn anything about their past mistakes. I don't even know what we are gaining in associating with this egocentric set of people? Free the igbos, let them have their biafra! This people are so partial in their dealings, they can never call a spade a spade.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by cyberguy72(m): 11:43am On Dec 22, 2014
MayorofLagos:

they need to modify their threat to say in SS/SE where they have territorial control. SW is full blast Buhari/Osinbajo. If Ijaw try anything in Yorubaland they better be damn sure they first stockpile enough food to last 3yrs for their sustenance.

We will blow up the oil pipes and turn their land to an inferno of lasting hell.

shyyte, of all people Ijaw threatening war......since when? Madafvckrs! angry
Point of correction SW is not an APC stronghold per se.Remember ONDO, EKITI and parts of LAGOS re PDP stronghold
Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by johnbuck81(m): 11:43am On Dec 22, 2014
they dnt luv d ijaw's
they only luv their crude oil.
#tru
Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by erunz(m): 11:44am On Dec 22, 2014
superstar1:

Y1bos said the same thing, until their malfunctioning compass was re-calibrated for them at Ore.

Hausas said same, until the Idi Araba and Ketu/Mile2 testing testing treatment.

We always give people long rope to hand themselves. You will need 1000 Tompolos and 5000 Asaris.
see brother forget that thing, yorubas cannot throw knockout in any state in SS. But the Ijaws fought OPC in Lag. That the Bale of the area had to run.
Re: Ijaw Youths Threaten Revenge Attack On Buhari’s Supporters If ... by kagel: 11:48am On Dec 22, 2014
Anasko:
Ijaw youths have threatened to attack supporters of the presidential candidate for the All Progressives Congress, Maj.-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), in southern part of Nigeria.

The youths said on Sunday that they would visit Buhari’s supporters in the South with violence if the loyalists of President Goodluck Jonathan should be attacked in the North.

The Ijaw Youth Council Worldwide said the decision to attack Buhari’s supporters was informed by reports that some persons in the North had resorted to sending open threat messages to pro-Jonathan governors and other supporters.

In a statement by the IYC spokesperson, Mr. Eric Omare, the youths said, “All Nigerians irrespective of his or her place of origin has a right to contest for the presidency of Nigeria and Nigerians have a right to support any candidate of their choice without molestation.

“It would be recalled that hundreds of Nigerians, especially NYSC members were killed and properties worth millions of naira destroyed in the aftermath of the 2011 elections as a result of similar undemocratic disposition of some elements in the North.”

“We of southern Nigeria have not at any time threatened or attacked supporters of General Buhari; hence any threat or attack on supporters of President Jonathan in the north would be visited with proportionate action from us in the south.

“Governors Amaechi, (Rochas) Okorocha and (Adams) Oshiomole; Timipre Silva, John Oyegun, Bola Tinubu and other supporters of General Buhari in southern Nigeria are going about their campaigns without any molestation from southerners.

“Enough is enough for those who promised and are making northern Nigeria ungovernable for President Jonathan. If they want their own country, let them say so as we can no longer accept the ‘Extreme North Must Rule’ mentality of some northerners.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/ijaw-youths-threaten-attack-on-buharis-supporters/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Senators Receive N13.5 Million 'running Cost' Every Month - Shehu Sani / Osun: PDP Reacts To Ademola Adeleke’s Alleged Health Failure / Security Patrol Men At The Shiroro Dam In Niger State (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.