Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,561 members, 7,820,028 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

How Can Gen.buhari Gain Popularity(vote) In Both South South And South East - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Can Gen.buhari Gain Popularity(vote) In Both South South And South East (5594 Views)

Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" / Tandriods Makes Buhari Gain More Fans / Can Gen Buhari Win A Free And Fair Election In Nigeria, I Need Sincere Comments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can Gen.buhari Gain Popularity(vote) In Both South South And South East by Nobody: 9:54am On Dec 23, 2014
500GP:

BUT POPULATION OF IBO IN OTHER REGIONS ARE 90 %.RIGHT..

WHAT'S THE TOTAL NUMBER OF POPULATION OF IBO?
u know it's not up to 90percent but u know it's high compared to population of non igbos in d south east...
Re: How Can Gen.buhari Gain Popularity(vote) In Both South South And South East by Nobody: 9:54am On Dec 23, 2014
500GP:

BUT POPULATION OF IBO IN OTHER REGIONS ARE 90 %.RIGHT..

WHAT'S THE TOTAL NUMBER OF POPULATION OF IBO?
I have been telling you that you have a minute IQ since I knew you on Nairaland, another forumite just affirmed it.

Don't you think you have a problem?
Re: How Can Gen.buhari Gain Popularity(vote) In Both South South And South East by Unemadu: 9:55am On Dec 23, 2014
Swizdoe:

You dey mind them......
They want us to believe the delusion that igbo population is more than the SW and northerners combined. Funny people

In 2011 the southeast were 5 million votes strong as against SW with 4.6 million votes

South south were 6 million votes strong.
Re: How Can Gen.buhari Gain Popularity(vote) In Both South South And South East by 500GP: 9:57am On Dec 23, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

Only a census capturing ethnicity and states of origin can answer your first question. No, the number of Igbos living in other regions are not higher than those of the non indigenes but high enough in some places to have a major impact in electoral outcomes hence they are placated with political appointments in those places.

WHY HAS THE POPULATION OF IBO IS YET TO HAVE A MAJOR IMPACT IN ELECTORAL OUTCOME OUTSIDE THE SOUTH EASTERN REGION ?

Re: How Can Gen.buhari Gain Popularity(vote) In Both South South And South East by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 23, 2014
PDP will definitely rig in their stronghold. Sad but true, especially in SE, Bayelsa,Akwa Ibom, Cross River and Rivers States
Alphaoscar:

no reasonable election will take place in the most of SS/SE states especially the south East and you guys should be expecting bogus figures from these places.

if APC can monitor the SS/SE elections properly and prevent PDP from declaring bogus figures like they have always been doing in the past, I can assure you that GEJ is a goner. PDPs main plan is to declare false figures in those states and APC can either monitor those areas very well or they do the same in the northern part of Nigeria.

if 2015 is all about one man one vote, I can't see GEJ scoring 30% in the election.
but APC will win the contest

1 Like

Re: How Can Gen.buhari Gain Popularity(vote) In Both South South And South East by mikolo80: 10:00am On Dec 23, 2014
lygn19:
lol...if ppl can vote apc boiz there neighbours re doing it, why can't ppl vote pdp too for d same reason?
google groupthink and mob psychology i no get keyboard to explain

1 Like

Re: How Can Gen.buhari Gain Popularity(vote) In Both South South And South East by Alphaoscar: 10:02am On Dec 23, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

That's why the Igbos have been at the forefront of those clamouring for stataes of origin to be captured in census data. Before mass migration, census data of 1921 showed that the Igbos were by far more populous than then Yorubas.

and you think all the Igbos outside SE states will vote GEJ? how many of them are even registered to vote? large number of these people even travelled back to their States to register without any intention of voting at the election proper. and there are another set that will rather stay in their houses than go out to vote for the fear of been attacked, marked for possible attack or what have you.

1 Like

Re: How Can Gen.buhari Gain Popularity(vote) In Both South South And South East by Alphaoscar: 10:07am On Dec 23, 2014
barcanista:
PDP will definitely rig in their stronghold. Sad but true, especially in SE, Bayelsa,Akwa Ibom, Cross River and Rivers States but APC will win the contest

but with proper planning and hardwork this can be reduced to the nearest minimum. there are some areas where the opposition won't even be allowed to near the polling station and the More APC is able to check this trend the brighter their chances.

1 Like

Re: How Can Gen.buhari Gain Popularity(vote) In Both South South And South East by Nobody: 10:08am On Dec 23, 2014
barcanista:
PDP will definitely rig in their stronghold. Sad but true, especially in SE, Bayelsa,Akwa Ibom, Cross River and Rivers States but APC will win the contest
I perceive anxiety all over your comments.

Don't always remind us of how anxious you are pertaining the elections, calm your nerves.

Re: How Can Gen.buhari Gain Popularity(vote) In Both South South And South East by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:08am On Dec 23, 2014
500GP:

WHY HAS THE POPULATION OF IBO IS YET TO HAVE A MAJOR IMPACT IN ELECTORAL OUTCOME OUTSIDE THE SOUTH EASTERN REGION ?

Your pic doesn't disprove my assertion. The Igbo population has always had impact on electoral outcomes in places like Lagos, Kano and a few other states That's why they've had Igbos appointed to executive positions in those states.

Only a census bbasd on state of origin can clearly answer the question of which tribe is the most populous but the most credible census ie the one of 1921 showed that Igbos were the most populous in Southern Nigeria and that with a wide margin. Other indices like WAEC and NECO enrilment, JAMB enrollment and Unity College entrance exams which captures state of origin data show that Igbos who enrol in these are by far more than people of other ethnicities who do.

2 Likes

Re: How Can Gen.buhari Gain Popularity(vote) In Both South South And South East by Nobody: 10:08am On Dec 23, 2014
Alphaoscar:

and you think all the Igbos outside SE states will vote GEJ? how many of them are even registered to vote? large number of these people even travelled back to their States to register without any intention of voting at the election proper. and there are another set that will rather stay in their houses than go out to vote for the fear of been attacked, marked for possible attack or what have you.
the same way u re assuming dat Igbos won't vote, what makes u think d yorubas u re assuming will vote will do same?...

1 Like

Re: How Can Gen.buhari Gain Popularity(vote) In Both South South And South East by ISpiksDaTroof: 10:22am On Dec 23, 2014
lygn19:
as for the southwest I don't know much abt dem... I haven't lived der b4... but one thing I know is dat all dz Yorubas shouting lagos has population shud go to there streets and ask for ppl name... they wud know dat out of every 4 ppl u meet in lagos, one is igbo, so let them stop talking asif the entire population of lagos is Yoruba .
You say Youve never lived in the South West, but miraculously you know that 1:4 of Lagos Residents is Ibo?

1 Like

Re: How Can Gen.buhari Gain Popularity(vote) In Both South South And South East by 500GP: 10:22am On Dec 23, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

Your pic doesn't disprove my assertion. The Igbo population has always had impact on electoral outcomes in places like Lagos, Kano and a few other states That's why they've had Igbos appointed to executive positions in those states.

Only a census bbasd on state of origin can clearly answer the question of which tribe is the most populous but the most credible census ie the one of 1921 showed that Igbos were the most populous in Southern Nigeria and that with a wide margin. Other indices like WAEC and NECO enrilment, JAMB enrollment and Unity College entrance exams which captures state of origin data show that Igbos who enrol in these are by far more than people of other ethnicities who do.

GOVERNOR OF ANAMBRA APPOINTED HAUSA MAN IN HIS CABINET..THE HAUSA MAN IS IN CHARGE OF HAUSA/FULANI PEOPLE LIVING IN ANAMBRA ...

NOT EVERY PARENT IS INTERESTED IN ENROLLING HIS/HER CHILDREN /WARD IN UNITY SCHOOL... IS LIKE JUST SAYING NUMBER OF ENROLMENT/APPLICANTS SCHOOLS HAS DETERMINE THE QUALITY OF SUCH SCHOOLS. UNILORIN ALWAYS HAS THE HIGHEST NUMBER OF APPLICANTS, DOES THAT MEAN UNILORIN IS BETTER THAN UI, UNILAG........

www.channelstv.com/2014/07/29/obiano-appoints-special-adviser-hausa-community/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

1 Like

Re: How Can Gen.buhari Gain Popularity(vote) In Both South South And South East by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 23, 2014
Alphaoscar:

but with proper planning and hardwork this can be reduced to the nearest minimum. there are some areas where the opposition won't even be allowed to near the polling station and the More APC is able to check this trend the brighter their chances.
You are right though but the effect may be minimal.

1 Like

Re: How Can Gen.buhari Gain Popularity(vote) In Both South South And South East by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 23, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:
You say Youve never lived in the South West, but miraculously you know that 1:4 of Lagos Residents is Ibo?

I make dat assertion from a study I did from how u guys behave abt:
i haven't been der doesn't mean I don't have ppl who go der both igbos and non-igbos one thing I know I one particular sentence "na ur Brothers full der"
Re: How Can Gen.buhari Gain Popularity(vote) In Both South South And South East by Alphaoscar: 10:31am On Dec 23, 2014
lygn19:
the same way u re assuming dat Igbos won't vote, what makes u think d yorubas u re assuming will vote will do same?...

bros, its not about assumption but the reality. out of over 1000 registered voters in my unit, we have less than fifty with Igbo related names and 50% of them won't even come out to vote. of course its not all the registered Yorubas that will vote but I am just telling you that you guys shouldn't bank on your bros &sisters in other states massive votes.

2 Likes

Re: How Can Gen.buhari Gain Popularity(vote) In Both South South And South East by Nobody: 10:34am On Dec 23, 2014
Alphaoscar:

bros, its not about assumption but the reality. out of over 1000 registered voters in my unit, we have less than fifty with Igbo related names and 50% of them won't even come out to vote. of course its not all the registered Yorubas that will vote but I am just telling you that you guys shouldn't bank on your bros &sisters in other states massive votes.
in ur unit alone... so don't generalize.

1 Like

Re: How Can Gen.buhari Gain Popularity(vote) In Both South South And South East by Asolab(m): 10:36am On Dec 23, 2014
lygn19:
wat I mean is dat all doz ppl shouting lagos has population and dat lagos population and Kano population is enough to make Jonathan loose...should know dat lagos is not 100% yoruba... I staying in lagos doesn't mean I wud vote apc...
then Mr.man tell me Igbo and Yoruba percent living in Eko

1 Like

Re: How Can Gen.buhari Gain Popularity(vote) In Both South South And South East by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 23, 2014
Asolab:
then Mr.man tell me Igbo and Yoruba percent living in Eko
guy I don't know... not even d govt can predict that, but deep down... u know wat am saying is true... igbos make a bulk of lagos population.
Re: How Can Gen.buhari Gain Popularity(vote) In Both South South And South East by Asolab(m): 10:42am On Dec 23, 2014
lygn19:
guy I don't know... not even d govt can predict that, but deep down... u know wat am saying is true... igbos make a bulk of lagos population.
who told u that??

1 Like

Re: How Can Gen.buhari Gain Popularity(vote) In Both South South And South East by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 23, 2014
Asolab:
who told u that??
keep living in denial...

2 Likes

Re: How Can Gen.buhari Gain Popularity(vote) In Both South South And South East by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:52am On Dec 23, 2014
500GP:

GOVERNOR OF ANAMBRA APPOINTED HAUSA MAN IN HIS CABINET..THE HAUSA MAN IS IN CHARGE OF HAUSA/FULANI PEOPLE LIVING IN ANAMBRA ...

NOT EVERY PARENT IS INTERESTED IN ENROLLING HIS/HER CHILDREN /WARD IN UNITY SCHOOL... IS LIKE JUST SAYING NUMBER OF ENROLMENT/APPLICANTS SCHOOLS HAS DETERMINE THE QUALITY OF SUCH SCHOOLS. UNILORIN ALWAYS HAS THE HIGHEST NUMBER OF APPLICANTS, DOES THAT MEAN UNILORIN IS BETTER THAN UI, UNILAG........

www.channelstv.com/2014/07/29/obiano-appoints-special-adviser-hausa-community/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Why pick out unity schools. How about WAEC, NECO and JAMB which everybody aspiring to higher institutions must write?

Abi people don't also send their children to universities again?

3 Likes

Re: How Can Gen.buhari Gain Popularity(vote) In Both South South And South East by 500GP: 11:10am On Dec 23, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

Why pick out unity schools. How about WAEC, NECO and JAMB which everybody aspiring to higher institutions must write?

Abi people don't also send their children to higher universities again?

HOW HAS POPULATION AFFECT WAEC, NECO AND JAMB?

1 Like

Re: How Can Gen.buhari Gain Popularity(vote) In Both South South And South East by Swizdoe(m): 11:12am On Dec 23, 2014
Unemadu:

In 2011 the southeast were 5 million votes strong as against SW with 4.6 million votes

South south were 6 million votes strong.
Then Gej doesn't need our votes then.
I hear you

1 Like

Re: How Can Gen.buhari Gain Popularity(vote) In Both South South And South East by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:28am On Dec 23, 2014
500GP:

HOW HAS POPULATION AFFECT WAEC, NECO AND JAMB?

What's the population by ethnicity of candidates in those exams like?

#letskeeptrolling

2 Likes

Re: How Can Gen.buhari Gain Popularity(vote) In Both South South And South East by Nobody: 11:33am On Dec 23, 2014
Whether Kano has 50 million people living in it or Lagos has 70 million people living in it is completely irrelevant in national elections.

Whoever gets 25% vote has won the state period, irrespective of how many people live there.

So let us say that Bayelsa state has 100 people living in it and Kano has 100 million people living there.

25 people then commence to vote for Jonathan in Bayelsa while 25 million people vote for the tyrant Buhariin Kano, Jonathan and Buhari are still on the same level playing field because they both have received 25%.

Sorry to your bogus population claims, SW and North, but the presidential polls is one place where those claims won't help you.

The Tyrant Buhari can keep the popularity vote, which I highly doubt he can even attain.

1 Like

Re: How Can Gen.buhari Gain Popularity(vote) In Both South South And South East by Asolab(m): 11:40am On Dec 23, 2014
BanditC:
Whether Kano has 50 million people living in it or Lagos has 70 million people living in it is completely irrelevant in national elections.

Whoever gets 25% vote has won the state period, irrespective of how many people live there.

So let us say that Bayelsa state has 100 people living in it and Kano has 100 million people living there.

25 people then commence to vote for Jonathan in Bayelsa while 25 million people vote for the tyrant Buhariin Kano, Jonathan and Buhari are still on the same level playing field because they both have received 25%.

Sorry to your bogus population claims, SW and North, but the presidential polls is one place where those claims won't help you.

The Tyrant Buhari can keep the popularity vote, which I highly doubt he can even attain.
lol
Re: How Can Gen.buhari Gain Popularity(vote) In Both South South And South East by sevantex(m): 12:45pm On Dec 23, 2014
hurricaneChris:

Note am not saying they didn't vote for PDP, rather more than 75percent of PDP votes in lagos state came frm non-Yorubas.
You seriously tink those 75% "non- yorubas" who gave PDP their votes mostly out of sentiments bak then wuld open their 2 eyes and vote the man again??..after all dis years off cluelessness??..,Do not kid me pls!

1 Like

Re: How Can Gen.buhari Gain Popularity(vote) In Both South South And South East by ISpiksDaTroof: 7:37pm On Dec 23, 2014
lygn19:
I make dat assertion from a study I did from how u guys behave abt:
i haven't been der doesn't mean I don't have ppl who go der both igbos and non-igbos one thing I know I one particular sentence "na ur Brothers full der"

When you say "how You guys behave", are you also claiming to know about Americans even though you never stepped on a plane or is this just another lie like how you claimed to know about Lagos even though you've never been outside your hamlet?
Re: How Can Gen.buhari Gain Popularity(vote) In Both South South And South East by Asolab(m): 8:21pm On Dec 23, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:

When you say "how You guys behave", are you also claiming to know about Americans even though you never stepped on a plane or is this just another lie like how you claimed to know about Lagos even though you've never been outside your hamlet?
abi??
Re: How Can Gen.buhari Gain Popularity(vote) In Both South South And South East by phillippiano(m): 9:07pm On Dec 23, 2014
Asolab:
abi??
How far now
Nice topic by the way
Re: How Can Gen.buhari Gain Popularity(vote) In Both South South And South East by Nobody: 7:04am On Dec 24, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:

kk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

May The Gods Protect Our President Elect Who Is In UK (enemy Territory) / For The First Time Buhari Broke Gej Record / Mega-protest: Count The Ndi-igbo Out - IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.