Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work (23453 Views)

Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? / A Nairalander Retakes photo Of His Mum And Siblings After 24 Years / My Sick Husband Wants Me To Be Having Sex Elsewhere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by Nobody: 2:59pm On May 10, 2015
lolaluv1:
Mrs Juzy, Please What funds do you need that you've been gathering and for How long will you keep gathering?

Delay is dangerous if you must know.

It is not that I am so into advising you out of your husband's house But you mustn't lose three ways. Your marriage, your child and your sanity.

Sometimes a man needs to lose you to know just How precious you are, even if the separation is only temporal.

Juzzy, She asked what funds you need.... Maybe you should tell us, if we know we will know where to focus our energy, maybe prayers and our widows mite... There is no time oh..
Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by Juzzybabe(f): 3:15pm On May 10, 2015
favoured234:

Juzzy, She asked what funds you need.... Maybe you should tell us, if we know we will know where to focus our energy, maybe prayers and our widows mite... There is no time oh..

I have been able to gather some funds but not enough to take us out,I need roughly 50,000 more. Thanks to all for the concern.
Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by yetseyi(f): 4:04pm On May 10, 2015
Juzzybabe:

He refused picking my calls,n even if he picks up my dear,he will only deny Wat he told her n if I insist he will insult me n hang up.

This one get as e be, I dont understand why a man would behave this way to his wife and the mother of his child, and how a whole family would call a meeting to ask you if you still want the marriage.

If i may ask do you have a job or business you do. something you can take care of yourself and the baby with.

I believe you have decided you are leaving the house which I think is right but I would advise that you and your mum leave in a way that doesnt suggest to your in-laws that you are leaving the marriage because the next thing they might say is she left her husbands house and would definitely use it against you.

Lets hope your hubby realizes his mistake soon enough

I pray God gives you the wisdom to handle this matter
Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by Juzzybabe(f): 4:29pm On May 10, 2015
yetseyi:

This one get as e be, I dont understand why a man would behave this way to his wife and the mother of his child, and how a whole family would call a meeting to ask you if you still want the marriage.

If i may ask do you have a job or business you do. something you can take care of yourself and the baby with.

I believe you have decided you are leaving the house which I think is right but I would advise that you and your mum leave in a way that doesnt suggest to your in-laws that you are leaving the marriage because the next thing they might say is she left her husbands house and would definitely use it against you.

Lets hope your hubby realizes his mistake soon enough

I pray God gives you the wisdom to handle this matter

Before I wedded,I had a job and a biz of my own.when husband proposed I left everything and came to be with him. During the wedding preparation,he told me he will like us to have a baby ASAP,he specified he wanted me to be pregnant before he returns and i will join him in a short while.After the wedding,he left and few days after I realized I was pregnant. I told him,but to my surprised he got very angry and asked how come? Well,he made up a story which he hold unto till now that he told me not to get pregnant and I went against his order for that reason I will have to stay back with his family. That was the beginning of our problem. While pregnant i asked when will i join him,he said 6months after delivery which led to the begining of this thread. While with his family,I got a job with a bank through the help of a friend just a little mile from home,but my inlaws called meeting again and said I should not work. For peace to reign,I quit. And that's how I spend the whole past months just home doing nothing. After delivery when I asked about his previous plan which I yet objected to,he change the story. When I insisted on getting me a seperate place of my own to stay and move on with my life he insist I remain with his family until he is ready to take me out. I made up my mind to leave,because the insults from his family is just too much,especially since after I put to bed,things have been so awful. My MIL obviously,wants to take the child,same with my husband,they wants to kick me out and take the child,they are only buying time with me cuz the kid is still young and breast feeding. Long story dear. But am leaving because if I don't I will loose in all ways.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by Juzzybabe(f): 4:33pm On May 10, 2015
When all this is over,I will post my full story in details,so that others will learn from my mistakes

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by LaRoyalHighness(f): 4:40pm On May 10, 2015
Chai! Kpele
Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by yetseyi(f): 4:52pm On May 10, 2015
Juzzybabe:

Before I wedded,I had a job and a biz of my own.when husband proposed I left everything and came to be with him. During the wedding preparation,he told me he will like us to have a baby ASAP,he specified he wanted me to be pregnant before he returns and i will join him in a short while.After the wedding,he left and few days after I realized I was pregnant. I told him,but to my surprised he got very angry and asked how come? Well,he made up a story which he hold unto till now that he told me not to get pregnant and I went against his order for that reason I will have to stay back with his family. That was the beginning of our problem. While pregnant i asked when will i join him,he said 6months after delivery which led to the begining of this thread. While with his family,I got a job with a bank through the help of a friend just a little mile from home,but my inlaws called meeting again and said I should not work. For peace to reign,I quit. And that's how I spend the whole past months just home doing nothing. After delivery when I asked about his previous plan which I yet objected to,he change the story. When I insisted on getting me a seperate place of my own to stay and move on with my life he insist I remain with his family until he is ready to take me out. I made up my mind to leave,because the insults from his family is just too much,especially since after I put to bed,things have been so awful. My MIL obviously,wants to take the child,same with my husband,they wants to kick me out and take the child,they are only buying time with me cuz the kid is still young and breast feeding. Long story dear. But am leaving because if I don't I will loose in all ways.

I m so speechless.

Anyway I guess you are moving to Ogun from Ibadan.
You should start searching for jobs as soon as you have recovered from the surgery so that by the time your baby is old enough to be left with your mum you can have a day job.

Its well sis, be strong
Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by Juzzybabe(f): 5:05pm On May 10, 2015
yetseyi:

I m so speechless.

Anyway I guess you are moving to Ogun from Ibadan.
You should start searching for jobs as soon as you have recovered from the surgery so that by the time your baby is old enough to be left with your mum you can have a day job.

Its well sis, be strong

No dear,am going back to Ghana my mother's home,to put my life back on track. Am sure if my husband really wants me,he will come looking for me,then he will appreciate me.

4 Likes

Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by yetseyi(f): 5:23pm On May 10, 2015
Juzzybabe:

No dear,am going back to Ghana my mother's home,to put my life back on track. Am sure if my husband really wants me,he will come looking for me,then he will appreciate me.

Good then, at least they cant come to Ghana to take the child from you.

He will come looking for you by the time he realises his mistake.

3 Likes

Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by pickabeau1: 5:33pm On May 10, 2015
Juzzybabe:

Sorry about what you have been going through

Have you actually spoken to your husband at all in all these wahala to hear his own opinion

From your accounts, you are in some measure of financial challenge.....

Have you considered leaving the child while you get back on your feet and can properly cater for d kid
He's their grandchild
They can't harm him

Single motherhood is not a walk in the park
Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by Juzzybabe(f): 5:46pm On May 10, 2015
pickabeau1:

Sorry about what you have been going through

Have you actually spoken to your husband at all in all these wahala to hear his own opinion

From your accounts, you are in some measure of financial challenge.....

Have you considered leaving the child while you get back on your feet and can properly cater for d kid
He's their grandchild
They can't harm him

Single motherhood is not a walk in the park

My husband Humm...guess u didn't read through my previous post. Anyway,speaking of leaving the kid,I would have but if I do,I will never see my kid again and even if I ever sees the kid,my MIL would have turn the child aganist me. Since I got pregnant until now,she had always said it to my face that I don't want the kid and am trying to terminate the pregnancy. Having the baby through CS,got my mother inlaw even more hard on me. After all the doctors explanation that CS was the only chance,my mother inlaw,since I got back from the hospital always tells me I was too lazy to push and I didn't give birth like a real woman. She says,I don't deserve the child,that I wanted to kill the child. Really I don't know why she says those horrible words to me which are not true. If I leave my kid with her,that is the tales of lies she will feed my 9moth with.
MY mother inlaw is working endlessly to tear my marriage apart and her son is her pet who listens and obey whatever is mummy says. He doesn't have a word of his own.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by pickabeau1: 5:53pm On May 10, 2015
Juzzybabe:

My husband Humm...guess u didn't read through my previous post. Anyway,speaking of leaving the kid,I would have but if I do,I will never see my kid again and even if I ever sees the kid,my MIL would have turn the child aganist me. Since I got pregnant until now,she had always said it to my face that I don't want the kid and am trying to terminate the pregnancy. Having the baby through CS,got my mother inlaw even more hard on me. After all the doctors explanation that CS was the only chance,my mother inlaw,since I got back from the hospital always tells me I was too lazy to push and I didn't give birth like a real woman. She says,I don't deserve the child,that I wanted to kill the child. Really I don't know why she says those horrible words to me which are not true. If I leave my kid with her,that is the tales of lies she will feed my 9moth with.
MY mother inlaw is working endlessly to tear my marriage apart and her son is her pet who listens and obey whatever is mummy says. He doesn't have a word of his own.

Whatever you decide to do, you have to think of the best interest of that child and not a ego battle.

As they say a child will always look for d dad,so will he look for the mom.
Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by Onegai(f): 5:53pm On May 10, 2015
Juzzybabe, I understand what you're going through. Truly, we have some similarities in our stories but I thank God for my mum and my MIL. Leave for now (beacuse if you do leave your child with them, they will continually use it against you and most likely poison your child's mind against you.) Men tend to get frustrated and start looking for who to blame (and in most cases, it is their wives that suffer). A man that told you how happy he is to have a baby, when you get pregnant and Reality comes knocking and they find themselves weak in the face of Adversity, all of a sudden, you become the Devil and it is all your fault. And at that point in time, you cannot say anything to change his mind. So leave for now. When things settle down, the honest ones will own up to their mistakes. The less honest ones will continue blaming you and will keep making their mistakes in different versions with different people, over and over again. Down to their children.

The next few months are going to be so tough, and none of us can really help you from afar. But people who have worn some parts of your shoes will hold you in prayer (and yes, please people give her financial aid so she can leave).

Leave for now. Try and leave tomorrow, don't wait until you have the money complete. Just first be able to transport yourself to your friend's place. Your parents should be contacted immediately you get there and if your husband calls on the phone (he most likely will be screaming abuse at you), please don't pick up, just send a text saying that please he should speak to your father and mother as you wish to be guided by their decisions, same with your MIL. They married you from your family, they should explain to your family why they no longer want you. Henceforth, say nothing more to anyone, don't shout, don't abuse, don't say anything to be used against you. Money will come, I promise (Angels will come to your aid, I swear it. I speak from experience). Just get out for now, secure your child.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by Juzzybabe(f): 6:20pm On May 10, 2015
pickabeau1:

Whatever you decide to do, you have to think of the best interest of that child and not a ego battle.

As they say a child will always look for d dad,so will he look for the mom.

Not ego dear,trust me I want the best for my kid. But the best I am not getting here. I know my child wil look for her dad and I still hope and pray my huby understands the importance of family soon. I still want my marriage,but if I don't take this step,I will loose both the marriage and the child n if possible my life.

5 Likes

Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by soonest(f): 8:13pm On May 10, 2015
Juzzybabe, never you leave your child for anybody. Learn from others mistake. Children are harder on their mum than dad. I have a friend who wouldn't forgive the mum completely for 'abandoning' them. It's either you stay with your child or you leave with your child. Be wise

11 Likes

Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by pickabeau1: 1:54am On May 11, 2015
Juzzybabe:

Not ego dear,trust me I want the best for my kid. But the best I am not getting here. I know my child wil look for her dad and I still hope and pray my huby understands the importance of family soon. I still want my marriage,but if I don't take this step,I will loose both the marriage and the child n if possible my life.

I wish you the best once again

Can you leave an email or a phone number you can be reached on in case of assistance
Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by Juzzybabe(f): 7:39am On May 11, 2015
pickabeau1:

I wish you the best once again

Can you leave an email or a phone number you can be reached on in case of assistance

Thanks.I will respond to all PMs asap. Meanwhile my email is apinke4@gmail.com
Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by Juzzybabe(f): 10:52am On May 11, 2015
soonest:
Juzzybabe, never you leave your child for anybody. Learn from others mistake. Children are harder on their mum than dad. I have a friend who wouldn't forgive the mum completely for 'abandoning' them. It's either you stay with your child or you leave with your child. Be wise

Ok dear. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by Juzzybabe(f): 10:59am On May 11, 2015
Onegai:
Juzzybabe, I understand what you're going through. Truly, we have some similarities in our stories but I thank God for my mum and my MIL. Leave for now (beacuse if you do leave your child with them, they will continually use it against you and most likely poison your child's mind against you.) Men tend to get frustrated and start looking for who to blame (and in most cases, it is their wives that suffer). A man that told you how happy he is to have a baby, when you get pregnant and Reality comes knocking and they find themselves weak in the face of Adversity, all of a sudden, you become the Devil and it is all your fault. And at that point in time, you cannot say anything to change his mind. So leave for now. When things settle down, the honest ones will own up to their mistakes. The less honest ones will continue blaming you and will keep making their mistakes in different versions with different people, over and over again. Down to their children.

The next few months are going to be so tough, and none of us can really help you from afar. But people who have worn some parts of your shoes will hold you in prayer (and yes, please people give her financial aid so she can leave).

Leave for now. Try and leave tomorrow, don't wait until you have the money complete. Just first be able to transport yourself to your friend's place. Your parents should be contacted immediately you get there and if your husband calls on the phone (he most likely will be screaming abuse at you), please don't pick up, just send a text saying that please he should speak to your father and mother as you wish to be guided by their decisions, same with your MIL. They married you from your family, they should explain to your family why they no longer want you. Henceforth, say nothing more to anyone, don't shout, don't abuse, don't say anything to be used against you. Money will come, I promise (Angels will come to your aid, I swear it. I speak from experience). Just get out for now, secure your child.

LeAving today won't be possible because am Yet to get a traveling certificate for my baby. Am working on that and her birth certificate which will give her different identity. I don't want to go to my friend's place and start going around to get this done,dono who might see me. So am buying some time in the house while I get it all done soon. Meanyl I have not been eating in the house ooo,am afraid of even the water in the house. For now,I am not safe.
Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by mrssho: 11:51am On May 11, 2015
All these excuses its like it hasn't registered to you what is at stake. If you leave and go to a friend's place in another state who will see you. Madam leave now while you have the upper hand if you wait till your baby is weaned there is nothing stopping them from kicking you out or even getting police to arrest you

3 Likes

Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by Juzzybabe(f): 12:33pm On May 11, 2015
mrssho:
All these excuses its like it hasn't registered to you what is at stake. If you leave and go to a friend's place in another state who will see you. Madam leave now while you have the upper hand if you wait till your baby is weaned there is nothing stopping them from kicking you out or even getting police to arrest you

No ma,my friend is within the same state. Besides,as I speak,my important belongings are all out of the house. Before Thursday,My baby and i should be out of this house.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by mrssho: 1:00pm On May 11, 2015
Very good! Please keep us posted. We will keep you in our prayers! God be with you and your little one

1 Like

Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by Juzzybabe(f): 1:07pm On May 11, 2015
Amen thanks ma. And For those wishing to assist financially,We still needs little fund o.May God meet us all at our various point of needs.

1 Like

Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by pickabeau1: 3:37pm On May 11, 2015
Juzzybabe:

Thanks sis.I will respond to all PMs asap. Meanwhile my email is apinke4@gmail.com

I'm no sis
I will inform a potential helper who will contact you via your email
Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by Juzzybabe(f): 3:48pm On May 11, 2015
pickabeau1:

I'm no sis
I will inform a potential helper who will contact you via your email

Thanks. God bless.

1 Like

Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by Wendy80(f): 6:04pm On May 11, 2015
My Father, My God. I'm soooo short of words. This is just like a movie script...don't tell me Patience Ozokwo is Ur Mother inLaw... kai...what pple pass thru in the name of marriage.My heart is so heavy.
You're in my Prayers. You shall have the last Laugh kiss

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by Juzzybabe(f): 6:40am On May 12, 2015
Wendy80:
My Father, My God. I'm soooo short of words. This is just like a movie script...don't tell me Patience Ozokwo is Ur Mother inLaw... kai...what pple pass thru in the name of marriage.My heart is so heavy.
You're in my Prayers. You shall have the last Laugh kiss

Amen.thanks.
Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by Eneze1(f): 8:41am On May 12, 2015
Juzzybabe:

Amen.thanks.

Madam abeg leave that house. Something was sent to you by a friend
Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by Juzzybabe(f): 9:32am On May 12, 2015
[quote author=Juzzybabe post=33522360]

I am greatful. Anyone wishing to help financially pls PM me for my details. Thanks and God bless
Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by Juzzybabe(f): 9:43am On May 12, 2015
Eneze1:

Madam abeg leave that house. Something was sent to you by a friend
Ok. Thanks ma.
Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by Juzzybabe(f): 4:23pm On May 13, 2015
I really appreciate the love shown to me from people that don't even know me...wow!!! Love beyond measure. thanks for the prayers and supports. We are finally leaving! Going to my friend's place,there i will be while i process my baby's documents. Am praying but I still need your prayers too.
Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by Kimoni: 4:40pm On May 13, 2015
Juzzybabe:
I really appreciate the love shown to me from people that don't even know me...wow!!! Love beyond measure. thanks for the prayers and supports. We are finally leaving! Going to my friend's place,there i will be while i process my baby's documents. Am praying but I still need your prayers too.

All the best sweetheart. Whatever comes your way, be strong for your baby and you will surely conquer!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman Gives Birth To Triplets After Losing 2 Children To Kidnappers (photo) / Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? / 12 Ways On How To Relate With Your In-laws

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.