Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,639 members, 7,820,240 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work (23457 Views)

Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? / A Nairalander Retakes photo Of His Mum And Siblings After 24 Years / My Sick Husband Wants Me To Be Having Sex Elsewhere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by Juzzybabe(f): 9:51pm On May 07, 2015
soonest:
@Op, where in Nigeria do they pay for routine vaccination. Thought it was free. You better leave immediately before they take your child, raise her, cut you off from her and fill her with hate against you. I wish you the best

I had my baby in a teaching hospital,I paid 500 for the first one n I was told to come with 13k for the second. I was even surprised cuz I always tot,kids imumunization should be free.
Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by Juzzybabe(f): 10:01pm On May 07, 2015
fem29:

Ok please can you post your account details. I will send you something. I hope other good people of nairaland will contribute to this cause.

I am greatful. Anyone wishing to help financially,please PM me. Thanks.
Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by soonest(f): 10:10pm On May 07, 2015
thorpido:
It's free in government hospitals but it's not free in private hospitals.
Really? Ok
Juzzybabe:

I had my baby in a teaching hospital,I paid 500 for the first one n I was told to come with 13k for the second. I was even surprised cuz I always tot,kids imumunization should be free.
Teaching hospital? Hmmh that 13k is suspect o! Shine your eye.
Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by Juzzybabe(f): 10:46pm On May 07, 2015
soonest:

Really? Ok

Teaching hospital? Hmmh that 13k is suspect o! Shine your eye.

ROTARIX 6,300 and PCV 6,500 That's what they nurses wrote for me. UCH to be precise.
Anyway,now that am hearing it's free in health centers I think that's where I will take my baby when it's time,that's if I will still be in Nigeria.
Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by soonest(f): 10:50pm On May 07, 2015
Juzzybabe:

ROTARIX 6,300 and PCV 6,500 That's what they nurses wrote for me. UCH to be precise.
Anyway,now that am hearing it's free in health centers I think that's where I will take my baby when it's time,that's if I will still be in Nigeria.
Rotarix isn't free sha that i know cos it's not routine. Don't know anything about PCV, have never come across it sef.
This aside, please think deeply and act fast. God will direct you

1 Like

Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by Msp: 12:17am On May 08, 2015
Juzzybabe:
I want my marriage,I love my husband but if I don't leave this house,am afraid the worst wud happen. I lives in Ogun.
Modified: my inlaws will not let any relatives take me in. My father inlaw always make a statement that they married me and so my family has no right over me. My only way out is escape.

You need to leave that house now, for every second you spend in that house you are giving your inlaws more power over you. I think you should focus on how to transport yourself out of that place to point B. I sent u a pm, pls reply.

2 Likes

Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by Onegai(f): 12:24am On May 08, 2015
There seems to be a lot you're leaving out (but now is not the time to go into it).

Since your mum feels the same way you do, and you said your family will support you, can't a financial arrangement be made with your aunt/father to send money to you? And he can follow up by coming to Ogun state, ostensibly to see you, but in reality to speak with your relatives around you and decide the best action.
Even better, your aunt should be visiting daily. Visiting isn't the same as getting deeply involved, it just means people are watching and your in-laws cannot deny her coming to see you. Same with the friend who has offered you a place to stay.

The reason I'm urging some caution is because you've just had surgery and you need a month to rest. So far, it's been 2 weeks, an additional 2 weeks gives you rest and time to gathet funds and plan properly. And during that time, safeguard by having relatives visit almost daily (those are the people that will raise an alarm even more on your behalf should anyone take your little girl. Even as far as legal wahala).

I don't know what to say about this matter again. It seems your relatives are not in a strong position compared to your in-laws, so they're not fighting for you. I will pray for you because I can't think now what to do.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by bukatyne(f): 12:45am On May 08, 2015
@Juzzybabe:

You need stronger relatives around now. Can you get a female relative who is assertive around?

I fear your mom can be persuaded to leave under the guise that the issue will be resolved.

Also try to heal before leaving If possible and reach out to your husband after the dust has settled without necessarily disclosing your location.

Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by ayoi: 2:27am On May 08, 2015
embarassed shocked na wa o.did u tell ur mom all dis story nd shez still calm?nd u still say u love ur husband too,dats serious na wa for u o. Pls move to ur frnds house asap. U dnt need to move ur things @ once. Infact I think u shld act lyk u r gng on a visit nd never go back there. As for d baby things u bought,after u leave ur mom can help u transport them to u frnd's house. I hope they dnt knw ur friend's place sha.the guy u are killing urself for doesn't even love you @ all. M kinda pissed sha. Please ladies let's be very smart when picking husbands o. I hope u make d best decision for u nd ur baby.
Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by Juzzybabe(f): 2:32am On May 08, 2015
Onegai:
There seems to be a lot you're leaving out (but now is not the time to go into it).

Since your mum feels the same way you do, and you said your family will support you, can't a financial arrangement be made with your aunt/father to send money to you? And he can follow up by coming to Ogun state, ostensibly to see you, but in reality to speak with your relatives around you and decide the best action.
Even better, your aunt should be visiting daily. Visiting isn't the same as getting deeply involved, it just means people are watching and your in-laws cannot deny her coming to see you. Same with the friend who has offered you a place to stay.

The reason I'm urging some caution is because you've just had surgery and you need a month to rest. So far, it's been 2 weeks, an additional 2 weeks gives you rest and time to gathet funds and plan properly. And during that time, safeguard by having relatives visit almost daily (those are the people that will raise an alarm even more on your behalf should anyone take your little girl. Even as far as legal wahala).

I don't know what to say about this matter again. It seems your relatives are not in a strong position compared to your in-laws, so they're not fighting for you. I will pray for you because I can't think now what to do.

Like you said,there is actually more I am leaving out. I wish I could narrate the full story then u will understand why my relatives hands are tied. My aunts warned me about marrying in this family but i so loved my husband i never listen to any1,now my aunts are afraid of interfering in my so-caled marital affairs.They only gives me advice secretly My aunt usually visits and sneaks in food for me. Speaking of healing...the mental stress am going through is far more than the cut on my belle,I am very very stressed up mentally. Right now,I am so full of regrets because truth be told,my husband is not ready for this marriage. The child is all they want now,good thing is am exclusively breast feeding my baby. So no one can take her for a walk without me. My mum is also calling relatives to raise funds for our escape. That is y we are still in the house,once we gets enough fund to take us out,we will be out without any dely. Trust me,even my mum is not finding it easy too but as an adult,she's using wisdom to swallow whatever insults that comes her so that she doesnt blow my only chance of freedom.
Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by lolaluv1(f): 10:45am On May 08, 2015
Mrs Juzy, Please What funds do you need that you've been gathering and for How long will you keep gathering?

Delay is dangerous if you must know.

It is not that I am so into advising you out of your husband's house But you mustn't lose three ways. Your marriage, your child and your sanity.

Sometimes a man needs to lose you to know just How precious you are, even if the separation is only temporal.

7 Likes

Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by thorpido(m): 12:19pm On May 08, 2015
lolaluv1:
Mrs Juzy, Please What funds do you need that you've been gathering and for How long will you keep gathering?

Delay is dangerous if you must know.

It is not that I am so into advising you out of your husband's house But you mustn't lose three ways. Your marriage, your child and your sanity.

Sometimes a man needs to lose you to know just How precious you are, even if the separation is only temporal.

She doesn't have funds na.She's not been working and is in her in-law's place.Can you help out with funds?
Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by thorpido(m): 12:45pm On May 08, 2015
soonest:

Rotarix isn't free sha that i know cos it's not routine. Don't know anything about PCV, have never come across it sef.
This aside, please think deeply and act fast. God will direct you
PCV-pneumococcal conjugate vaccine.It prevents meningitis and pneumonia.
It's usually paid for just like Rotavirus vaccine cos it is not routine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by Juzzybabe(f): 1:56pm On May 08, 2015
thorpido:

So Thorpido,even at health center they are both not free? And do u think they will both be that expensive at the local health centers?
Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by thorpido(m): 2:47pm On May 08, 2015
Juzzybabe:

So Thorpido,even at health center they are both not free? And do u think they will both be that expensive at the local health centers?
They are cheaper at the health centers,the government subsidises the amount.They should be free ideally but you have to pay some money for it.
Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by Juzzybabe(f): 3:13pm On May 08, 2015
thorpido:
They are cheaper at the health centers,the government subsidises the amount.They should be free ideally but you have to pay some money for it.

Ok. I will still go there next. At least its gonna save me some little change.
Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by soonest(f): 7:36pm On May 08, 2015
thorpido:
Thanks for the info once again. You na teacher o grin
Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by thorpido(m): 8:09pm On May 08, 2015
soonest:

Thanks for the info once again. You na teacher o grin
grin
Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by lolaluv1(f): 9:23pm On May 08, 2015
thorpido:
She doesn't have funds na.She's not been working and is in her in-law's place.Can you help out with funds?

Her details are here. Anybody can lend a helping hand without necessarily announcing....
Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by Juzzybabe(f): 9:35pm On May 08, 2015
Wow!!! Am feeling even stronger in spirit with the kind of love and encouragement am getting here. cheesy thanks to all

1 Like

Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by thorpido(m): 9:41pm On May 08, 2015
lolaluv1:

Her details are here. Anybody can lend a helping hand without necessarily announcing....
Yes.You asked what she was still waiting for and I just answered that she didn't have enough funds to move yet.
Anyone can help her.
Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by yetseyi(f): 9:40am On May 09, 2015
@Juzzybabe please dont stress your self too much for the sake of your health. I cant even imagine the emotional stress you are passing through. I have had people that delivered via CS and @ 2 weeks you still need to be resting.
God strengthen you dear.
I really don't know what to say again dear.
It is well

1 Like

Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by Juzzybabe(f): 9:57am On May 09, 2015
yetseyi:
@Juzzybabe please dont stress your self too much for the sake of your health. I cant even imagine the emotional stress you are passing through. I have had people that delivered via CS and @ 2 weeks you still need to be resting.
God strengthen you dear.
I really don't know what to say again dear.
It is well

Amen. Thanks dear
Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by Juzzybabe(f): 7:50am On May 10, 2015
My inlaws called a meeting last night to ask me if I am still interested in the marriage between their son and myself. shocked in addition my MIL stated that her son told her some of the issues we had while courting and that he regrets marrying me,and the mum went on to say that sincerely if she knew all this earlier the marriage wudnt have been. "BUT IT IS NEVER TOO LATE" my MIL words... I was surprised at some of the issues she stated because my husband actually lied aganist me! It is very clear to me now that my husband is just not interested in the marriage again. But why did he choose to waste my life? Y me? My husband was and is my first love,the first man I knew,that would tell you how much I sacrificed to keep us together until today. When he proposed he said I was his better half,y the sudden hatred after marriage Obviously my baby is the only reason I am still sleeping under their roof!
The hardest part is that the catholic church doesn't grant divorce
Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by yetseyi(f): 8:25am On May 10, 2015
Juzzybabe:
My inlaws called a meeting last night to ask me if I am still interested in the marriage between their son and myself. shocked in addition my MIL stated that her son told her some of the issues we had while courting and that he regrets marrying me,and the mum went on to say that sincerely if she knew all this earlier the marriage wudnt have been. "BUT IT IS NEVER TOO LATE" my MIL words... I was surprised at some of the issues she stated because my husband actually lied aganist me! It is very clear to me now that my husband is just not interested in the marriage again. But why did he choose to waste my life? Y me? My husband was and is my first love,the first man I knew,that would tell you how much I sacrificed to keep us together until today. When he proposed he said I was his better half,y the sudden hatred after marriage Obviously my baby is the only reason I am still sleeping under their roof!
The hardest part is that the catholic church doesn't grant divorce

Have you spoken to your hubby after the meeting, If yes what is he saying.
Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by ayoi: 8:33am On May 10, 2015
I pray God strengthens u o. So nw is d tym to leave WITH UR BABY.pls u need to move past dis o

1 Like

Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by ayoi: 8:38am On May 10, 2015
@ yetseyi he sent his mum cuz he is a coward. Nd if they speak on phone he wld speak gibberish nd also deceive her wh wld mk a waste more tym with him. Pls pick up what's left of u self esteem nd work out now.
Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by ayocool(m): 8:41am On May 10, 2015
From all, Im my opinion,

Your man loves you and wanted you for real at first

He is not in a stable condition in Dubai financially and maybe age is catching up, with pressure from family to marry or have a baby

When it all happened, probably little funds he sends to his family is becoming unavailable and they start to fear that all money will be going to you and the child (Because you definitely gonna need a new apartment and all)

Family have been complaining to him behind you and putting pressure on him, giving him all reasons to abandon you

Now they want the child alone and you out of the picture.

Your man will come to his senses one day and regret all these. Whether you leave with the baby or not, he will come to beg for forgiveness to take you back. He is just plain stupid because getting you to dubai will at first easy medical care for your child, you can find a daycare or Indian nanny to take your child to and start working together. You might be able to get a better job than him and adding both salaries together, you will live an average life, even if its a bedroom apartment and have savings. You both will also be able to send something to the greedy parents.

1. I would think you call your husband, tell him some of this points, cry on the phone even if you have to fake it, remind him of your past together and give him reasons to see that the future will be brighter if you live together and work together there. Bad as he bad in Dubai you will get a teaching job that will pay at worse 150k naira monthly. Even if that goes on accommodation, he can handle feeding and the rest.

2. But since they are indirectly telling you they dont want the marriage. Threaten him abit also, let him know at this point you have nothing to loose., they are not doing you a favor and you are the one doing them a favor my tolerating their nonsense and raising a child for him. You can run away with your child, leave the child with your parents and finance yourself to go to that same dubai for a job and take care of your child.

Just be prepared for whatever comes and stay strong

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by Juzzybabe(f): 9:12am On May 10, 2015
yetseyi:

Have you spoken to your hubby after the meeting, If yes what is he saying.

He refused picking my calls,n even if he picks up my dear,he will only deny Wat he told her n if I insist he will insult me n hang up.
Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by Juzzybabe(f): 9:28am On May 10, 2015
[quote author=ayocool post=33591911]From all, Im my opinion,

Your man loves you and wanted you for real at first

He is not in a stable condition in Dubai financially and maybe age is catching up, with pressure from family to marry or have a baby

When it all happened, probably little funds he sends to his family is becoming unavailable and they start to fear that all money will be going to you and the child (Because you definitely gonna need a new apartment and all)

Family have been complaining to him behind you and putting pressure on him, giving him all reasons to abandon you

Now they want the child alone and you out of the picture.

Your man will come to his senses one day and regret all these. Whether you leave with the baby or not, he will come to beg for forgiveness to take you back. He is just plain stupid because getting you to dubai will at first easy medical care for your child, you can find a daycare or Indian nanny to take your child to and start working together. You might be able to get a better job than him and adding both salaries together, you will live an average life, even if its a bedroom apartment and have savings. You both will also be able to send something to the greedy parents.

1. I would think you call your husband, tell him some of this points, cry on the phone even if you have to fake it, remind him of your past together and give him reasons to see that the future will be brighter if you live together and work together there. Bad as he bad in Dubai you will get a teaching job that will pay at worse 150k naira monthly. Even if that goes on accommodation, he can handle feeding and the rest.

2. But since they are indirectly telling you they dont want the marriage. Threaten him abit also, let him know at this point you have nothing to loose., they are not doing you a favor and you are the one doing them a favor my tolerating their nonsense and raising a child for him. You can run away with your child, leave the child with your parents and finance yourself to go to that same dubai for a job and take care of your child.

Just be prepared for whatever comes and stay strong[/quote

My dear,I have used every available method to present my case to my husband,I went to the Rev. Who join us together in matrimony as well,just to shake my husband but I reaslize am only wasting my time. My huby would tell his mum watevr I tells him,n have his mum deal with me while he claims innocent and yet arrogant. His parents are now suspecting my plans of escape due to some threats I made to my husband that he went n told them. They have been keeping guard on me these past days n I notice but that won't stop me from escaping when am set. My husband doesn't want to reason with me at all,rather he insults me. I would have posted screenshots of our conversations so u can see the way he communicates with me,his wife,but I have to be so so anonymous for now cuz my huby is a guest on this forum who comes to read n go. I don't want to blow my last chance of escaping with my baby. From what I have been passing through with my huby,and what I heard from my MIL last night,I dont need any1 to confirm it that this marriage is over. If I go in details to explain what I have suffered since I got married,u will ask me if I use charm to attract my husband into marrying me.
Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by Nobody: 10:20am On May 10, 2015
I hope your bags are packed and you are ready to leave. This man has given you too much grief I read you say over and over again you love him. When you are less busy, in a quiet place all by yourself, ask yourself what you love about him because from this story I cant see any love flowing to you from him I don't believe it's possible to love a man who does not care about you. You know we women lie to ourselves a lot we can go like it's because of his mom he is treating me so badly if I can only wait it out he will come around and from there we stay too long in a bad situation.

This man deserves to lose you and your child. If he ever comes to his senses he can come visit his child and I hope for you by then you have totally moved on and are in a better place in every way living a better life. No woman deserves to be at the receiving end of this kind of dastardly behavior from her husband.

I am happy to see you are making plans to take care of yourself and your child you will need to call on reservoirs of strength from within you to get out of this situation. I wish you strength, health and wisdom as you navigate your life forward.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work by Juzzybabe(f): 10:56am On May 10, 2015
andromida:
I hope your bags are packed and you are ready to leave. This man has given you too much grief I read you say over and over again you love him. When you are less busy, in a quiet place all by yourself, ask yourself what you love about him because from this story I cant see any love flowing to you from him I don't believe it's possible to love a man who does not care about you. You know we women lie to ourselves a lot we can go like it's because of his mom he is treating me so badly if I can only wait it out he will come around and from there we stay too long in a bad situation.

This man deserves to lose you and your child. If he ever comes to his senses he can come visit his child and I hope for you by then you have totally moved on and are in a better place in every way living a better life. No woman deserves to be at the receiving end of this kind of dastardly behavior from her husband.

I am happy to see you are making plans to take care of yourself and your child you will need to call on reservoirs of strength from within you to get out of this situation. I wish you strength, health and wisdom as you navigate your life forward.

Amen. Thanks Dear. I will be out soon

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman Gives Birth To Triplets After Losing 2 Children To Kidnappers (photo) / 12 Ways On How To Relate With Your In-laws / Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.