Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,673 members, 7,809,561 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

My Watch: Open Letter To Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Watch: Open Letter To Obasanjo (1166 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan's Foundation Letter Not Only To Obasanjo - Vanguard / As EFCC Goes After Daughter, Turai Yar’adua Runs To Obasanjo For Help / Okupe Reacts To Obasanjo’s Endorsement Of Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Watch: Open Letter To Obasanjo by Babare(m): 10:50pm On Dec 22, 2014
Chief Obasanjo's autobiography seem to have brought more fracas with it. Many lies and many erroneous statements.

Here is an open letter written by a concerned Nigerian to him:

SIR : Whilst growing up as a youth , I witnessed the practical manifestation of the Biblical story of Joseph, who left prison for the
palace. Your trajectory was similar to that of South Africa ’s Nelson Mandela; moving from
prison to become democratically elected president . But unlike Joseph and Mandela who
supervised progressive Egyptian and South African economies respectively , your achievements after eight years in office were
below par.

When I heard of your autobiography My Watch, like Mandela’ s Long Walk to Freedom, I was confident it would profile life lessons – which Nigeria could benefit from. That it would bring
reflective solutions to the current problems facing the country , particularly the threat of division.

Your autobiography has been very controversial, and is proving harmful to the unity of Nigeria. First, you degrade and insult the office of the president – something you would never tolerate during your tenure . Then
you went ahead to fault different patriotic individuals; even comparing the Nobel Laureate Wole Soyinka to a “ Guinea Fowl
( Aparo ) hunter ”. Thank God for the quick counter by the retired Brig - general Alabi-Isama – this revealed some of your
weaknesses as an army officer, Nigerian president and statesman .

Please sir, permit me to remind you that your democratic government suffered from
authoritarian hangover . You were a democratic -dictator . We know how you monopolised virtually some vital sectors of our
economy . Infact , I was shocked when I discovered that your democratic malpractices were as a result of your erroneous understanding of the nature of true democracy. In the “Elements of Democracy” as co- edited by you , you had asserted that "Democracy as practiced in the West may not suit our peculiar
circumstances and needs . As such , our conceptualization of democracy must take due
cognizance of our lived reality…”

Allow me to use this opportunity to correct your misconception. The principles of true democracy are the same everywhere . Any of
such adjustment is anti - democratic and authoritarian . I am sorry to say , but your version of democracy is pseudo - democratic . You have been unable to transform yourself to
embrace democratic praxis and attitude .

Sir , no one can give what he doesn ’t have. You failed as the president of Nigeria , and still fail at the level of a statesman . How
can you condemn the presidency when you failed during your time on that seat ? You say
corruption ? For God’ s sake, your
government was beset of it . It is crystal clear that whatever pieces of advice you would proffer will prove detrimental to the success
of Nigeria in the long run . And like Plato ’s allegory of the cave, you may feel you know all about good governance – only to end up discovering how terribly wrong you ’ve been .

At 77, a respected man ’s words and actions are regarded as insightful – forming landmarks to the progress of an individual or
the bond and growth of a society . Our own 77- year-old retired leader and statesman must not say and act differently.

Please help us unify Nigeria , and not scatter it . Please leave with us a country of great worth – bonded in love and unity – when you finally go to give an account of your life and leadership to the Creator .

Many are your followers and disciples in Nigeria, please don ’ t lead them astray . This is what God expects of you . Sir , think
about it .

Published@: www.thenationonlineng.net/new/watch-open-letter-obasanjo/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Watch: Open Letter To Obasanjo by alberto2k(m): 11:05pm On Dec 22, 2014
Op if baba OBJ catch u..
U go disappear frm diz thread grin grin grin
Re: My Watch: Open Letter To Obasanjo by ogaofficer(m): 11:10pm On Dec 22, 2014
Hmmmm. . .
Re: My Watch: Open Letter To Obasanjo by nairalife2013(m): 11:17pm On Dec 22, 2014
Some folks are born with the inherent character of leading a self-centered life.
They have an unbreakable conviction:
In the whole world they are the only ones that are right in everything...

In their homes, they batter thier wives and maul thier kids with iron fists and metal rods and constantly keep thier households in disgrace and in the eye of the wild public sun; in the society, they wreck havoc on constituted authority and spend all thier little energy trying to strip others nak-ed.

op u posted a touching open letter... a reasonable person who has gone wrong would be sober and have a rethink after reading this post but, it brings tears to my heart to say this... "it is too late for alleluya"

for the man will NEVer change.
Re: My Watch: Open Letter To Obasanjo by folawiyoma(m): 11:28pm On Dec 22, 2014
Person no go talk true again if he see one.

Are u paid to write this epistle?

I hereby sentence you to 13yrs in kirikiri.
Re: My Watch: Open Letter To Obasanjo by hahn(m): 12:12am On Dec 23, 2014
Op, why don't you just write a book on how his tenure affected your life.

I would have written it myself but there's nothing to write about
Re: My Watch: Open Letter To Obasanjo by Babare(m): 8:31am On Dec 23, 2014
alberto2k:
Op if baba OBJ catch u..
U go disappear frm diz thread grin grin grin

grin grin I believe the writer is already in france by now
Re: My Watch: Open Letter To Obasanjo by Babare(m): 8:35am On Dec 23, 2014
nairalife2013:
Some folks are born with the inherent character of leading a self-centered life.
They have an unbreakable conviction:
In the whole world they are the only ones that are right in everything...

In their homes, they batter thier wives and maul thier kids with iron fists and metal rods and constantly keep thier households in disgrace and in the eye of the wild public sun; in the society, they wreck havoc on constituted authority and spend all thier little energy trying to strip others nak-ed.

op u posted a touching open letter... a reasonable person who has gone wrong would be sober and have a rethink after reading this post but, it brings tears to my heart to say this... "it is too late for alleluya"

for the man will NEVer change.

He is a Pastor... He should also know when he has to change a character... It is a pity that the man thinks himself to be Nigeria. That is why his autobiography is about Nigeria rather than Obasanjo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Watch: Open Letter To Obasanjo by Babare(m): 8:49am On Dec 23, 2014
folawiyoma:
Person no go talk true again if he see one.

Are u paid to write this epistle?

I hereby sentence you to 13yrs in kirikiri.

grin grin I will tell baba what yoiur sentence to him is.
Re: My Watch: Open Letter To Obasanjo by Babare(m): 8:51am On Dec 23, 2014
hahn:
Op, why don't you just write a book on how his tenure affected your life.

I would have written it myself but there's nothing to write about

grin They say he brought GSM to Nigeria... grin
Re: My Watch: Open Letter To Obasanjo by folawiyoma(m): 9:46am On Dec 23, 2014
Babare:

*wink* willy self-service.

cheesy
Babare:

*wink* willy self-service.
Re: My Watch: Open Letter To Obasanjo by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 28, 2014
Just like they are saying GEJ brought Facebook to Nigeria grin
Babare:

grin They say he brought GSM to Nigeria... grin

1 Like

Re: My Watch: Open Letter To Obasanjo by Babare(m): 8:13pm On Dec 28, 2014
GenBuhari:
Just like they are saying GEJ brought Facebook to Nigeria grin

grin grin grin facebook to Nigeria??

I guess Buhari in the 80s brought maggi to Nigeria grin grin grin
Re: My Watch: Open Letter To Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:20pm On Dec 28, 2014
Gowon & General Ironsi brought television grin
Babare:

grin grin grin facebook to Nigeria??

I guess Buhari in the 80s brought maggi to Nigeria grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Watch: Open Letter To Obasanjo by Babare(m): 8:28pm On Dec 28, 2014
GenBuhari:
Gowon & General Ironsi brought television grin

Yes.... And they said Abacha brought apples grin grin
Re: My Watch: Open Letter To Obasanjo by adebisicutie: 8:48pm On Dec 28, 2014
All the controversies is just making the book more popular
Re: My Watch: Open Letter To Obasanjo by Babare(m): 10:44pm On Dec 28, 2014
adebisicutie:
All the controversies is just making the book more popular

Yeah... That is exactly what OBJ wants.... It's not like he wants the best for the country...

OBJ serving himself since 1999

(1) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom State Government Releases 3.5B Naira For 308 Bed Hospital Equipment / What Daily Newspapers Headline Will Likely Look Like On February 17th / Nothing Should Happen To Tinubu, Okorocha, APC Urges FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.