Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,471 members, 7,954,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:41 AM

The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God (7188 Views)

Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague / Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting / What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by Anas09: 9:18am On Jan 09, 2015
Watch out for one common factor amongst the groups operAting under the Spirit of the anti-christ. They don't have a problem with the concept of God, their problem is the CHRIST. All of them. Some are out right, in their rejection of the divinty of Christ but some are very subtle, like the JW. You have to have a revelation of Christ via the Word for you to catch them. Those guys are very Good. I came to the brink of joining them yrs ago, but I discovered there was something they r fighting against wen it came to Christ and the Holy spirit. I went into more study, then flushed them out. Satan can not accept who christ is, check all the rpoints raised, they all revolve around Christ. Who ever fights these points fights Christ, and Christianity is all abt Christ.
Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by Anas09: 9:30am On Jan 09, 2015
The approved Bible for the JW is New Word Translation. These verses of the scriptures are ommitted there; Matt 18vs 11, Matt, 17 vs 21, Matt 23 vs 14, Mk 9 vs44, Mk. 11vs26, LK 23 vs 17. Acts 24 vs 7, these r all missing ommitted. Can someone explain it to Us? That Bible refers to Jesus as a god, in John 1ves 1 and refers to Jesus as angel. Wen God himself called immanuel the ALMIGHTY GOD. In. Isa 9 vs 6. Only those who will not search the scriptures for themselves will be decieved.
Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by Anas09: 10:06am On Jan 09, 2015
Jesus died and on the third day he was quickened resurrected back to life. With a body which enabled him to eat and drink together with his Apostles twice before he was taken up to heaven with that same body, he will come back to rapture the earth with that same body and will later reign for a thousand yrs, with that same body. Everyone who dies befor den shall resurrect with a new body that shall not die again, those of us who. Will be alive shall be changed, a new body shall also be given to us. Dats why whereever u find urself, u shall spend eternty there, weda in hell or with Christ. All is eternal life, it just depends where you spend it.
Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by rabzy: 12:05pm On Jan 09, 2015
paulGrundy:

I have just concluded my scriptural research on this subject, and yes you are very correct. smiley

Wow, am shocked. We thank Jehovah. Cheers and take care.
Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by rabzy: 12:23pm On Jan 09, 2015
Anas09:
The approved Bible for the JW is New Word Translation. These verses of the scriptures are ommitted there; Matt 18vs 11, Matt, 17 vs 21, Matt 23 vs 14, Mk 9 vs44, Mk. 11vs26, LK 23 vs 17. Acts 24 vs 7, these r all missing ommitted. Can someone explain it to Us? That Bible refers to Jesus as a god, in John 1ves 1 and refers to Jesus as angel. Wen God himself called immanuel the ALMIGHTY GOD. In. Isa 9 vs 6. Only those who will not search the scriptures for themselves will be decieved.

The Bible said seek the truth and it shall set you free.
First it is not only the witnesses who has omitted these verses from the Bible. I will use the example of the fist one Matthew 18:11.
The verse is also omitted from the following bibles:
NIV: New International Standard
RSV: Revised Standard Version
NLV: New Living Translation
ESV: English Standard version
AMP: Amplified Bible: Omission noted in footnote
More than 20 versions of the Bible don't have this verse or explained it in the footnote

Why Is It Missing? The verse is missing from some of the Bibles because the passage does not actually appear in the best early Greek manuscripts which contain Matthew. It is important to remember that the New Testament was written in Greek. These original documents called "autographs" were copied and passed from one person to another. In the process of making copies, errors would occur sometimes. Sometimes words were misspelled, words were left out, and on rare occasions, some copyists would insert some words. Today there are more than 5,000 thousands ancient manuscripts of the New Testament in our possession. By using a process called Textual Criticism we have been able to determine very accurately how the original"autographs" should read. A better explanation of textual criticism and the accuracy of our Bible is available from an article at the following link, "How Accurate Is The Bible?" The conclusion of that article says that the Bible is 99.9% accurate. There is no other ancient book in existence with so many copies and with so little error. The Bible is really unique. The Bible is very accurate!
Textual criticism has determined that verse 11 should not occur in Matthew 18. The Expositor's Bible Commentary, edited by Frank Gaebelein says that verse was "Omitted in the earliest witnesses of the Alexandria, pre-Caesarean, Egyptian, and Antiochene text types" (Vol. 8, p. 401).
Another Thought. It appears someone borrowed Luke 19:10 and copied and modified it into Matthew 18. Here is both Mathew 18:10 and Luke 19:10,

1 Like

Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jan 09, 2015
Anas09:
Jesus died and on the third day he was quickened resurrected back to life. With a body which enabled him to eat and drink together with his Apostles twice before he was taken up to heaven with that same body, he will come back to rapture the earth with that same body and will later reign for a thousand yrs, with that same body. Everyone who dies befor den shall resurrect with a new body that shall not die again, those of us who. Will be alive shall be changed, a new body shall also be given to us. Dats why whereever u find urself, u shall spend eternty there, weda in hell or with Christ. All is eternal life, it just depends where you spend it.
Amen and Amen
Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 09, 2015
rabzy:

The Bible said seek the truth and it shall set you free.
First it is not only the witnesses who has omitted these verses from the Bible. I will use the example of the fist one Matthew 18:11.
The verse is also omitted from the following bibles:
NIV: New International Standard
RSV: Revised Standard Version
NLV: New Living Translation
ESV: English Standard version
AMP: Amplified Bible: Omission noted in footnote
More than 20 versions of the Bible don't have this verse or explained it in the footnote

bro those above bible versions that u mentioned are nothing but counterfeit.. The two approved bibles are the Authorised King James Version and the Gideons International, all other versions are in no difference with the new world translation cos they all descended from the heretic writers
Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by rabzy: 12:37pm On Jan 09, 2015
Anas09:
Watch out for one common factor amongst the groups operAting under the Spirit of the anti-christ. They don't have a problem with the concept of God, their problem is the CHRIST. All of them. Some are out right, in their rejection of the divinty of Christ but some are very subtle, like the JW. You have to have a revelation of Christ via the Word for you to catch them. Those guys are very Good. I came to the brink of joining them yrs ago, but I discovered there was something they r fighting against wen it came to Christ and the Holy spirit. I went into more study, then flushed them out. Satan can not accept who christ is, check all the rpoints raised, they all revolve around Christ. Who ever fights these points fights Christ, and Christianity is all abt Christ.

Hello Sir, Nobody is fighting Christ, we accept him as revealed in the scriptures, our savior and redeemer, the Powerful and Eternal Son of God. The King of God's Kingdom. The Only way to God.

1 Like

Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by rabzy: 12:39pm On Jan 09, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
bro those above bible versions that u mentioned are nothing but counterfeit.. The two approved bibles are the Authorised King James Version and the Gideons International, all other versions are in no difference with the new world translation cos they all descended from the heretic writers

Approved by who? God Almighty,The Pope or the King of England. Do research on copyist errors in King James Version.
Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by dolphinheart(m): 1:09pm On Jan 09, 2015
Anas09:

They don't have problems as to who the messiah,the anointed one, jesus , the son of the living God is .
They reject ur false view on the divinity of jesus and accept the true theocratic view on the position of jesus in relation to us humans and to jehovah.
The bible is there for us as a guide in discussing these issues.
They are fighting against false, paganistic and satanic doctrines that has crept into Christianity.

This is not a political debate but a discussion that should be based on the bible. If you have issues with their understanding of the bible , then let's raise the issues up and let us discuss it using the bible as our guide .
So ill be waiting for ur first biblical issue .

And pls when u raise them, back it up with biblical reasons why I believe or do not believe the issues raised .

1 Like

Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by dolphinheart(m): 1:33pm On Jan 09, 2015
Anas09:

The omission of those verses or words has been explained to you . Furthermore most of the translations that add those verses to their translations either put those those words in bracket or explain in the footnote that they themself do not fully believe such words where there in the original scriptures. Have u read the footnotes in the bible u claim to be the accurate one?

Ur quote on Isaiah 9 vs 6 is one of the false doctrine that you are propagating that they are fighting against . Stop twisting the scriptures.

The words "almighty God" does not exist in Isaiah 9 vs 6 in ur bible. If does then prove me a liar. If it does not , then u owe urself and others reading ur posts the responsibility of retracing ur steps and really showing them that only those who will not search the scriptures for themselves will be decieved!

1 Like

Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by dolphinheart(m): 2:14pm On Jan 09, 2015
Anas09:

Are u saying the that jesus, the one you say is the almighty God, the one u say is equal to God, is in heaven with the same physical body he walked the earth with ?

Are you saying that flesh and blood can enter heaven?

Ur last statements butress satans statement to eve when he said "u will not die". And me and you know what jesus called the devil .

Eternal life is a gift . Not a certainty.

1 Like

Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by oprajo(m): 12:56am On Jan 25, 2015
rabzy:

What The book says was that Jesus was not raised with a human body, with a fleshly body, he was not resurrected with a body with flesh and blood rather he was resurrected as a spirit, he shed his human flesh and was resurrected as spirit. Is that what you call a spiritual resurrection? That's interesting.

Jesus was physically raised up from the dead by God and was raised up as a spirit, that is what the Bible taught. Before he went back to heaven he would materialize into a human body so that his disciples can see him.
jesus resurrected with a body of flesh and bones . he told Thomas to touch him. meaning of it was a body that could be touched.
. Jesus body was raised spiritual I.e immortal. show me also that scripture that says that Jesus materialize into a human body.
LUKE 24:39
BEHOLD MY HANDS AND MY FEET THAT IT IS I MYSELF . HANDLE ME AND SEE , FOR A SPIRIT DOESN'T HAVE FLESH AND BONES AS YOU SEE I HAVE

stop adding. the bible didn't say he materialize. it wad the same body but a glorified one that was why it still had the scars.
if he exist now without the flesh and bone then what is the proof that he was raised up
Jesus gave his body us by allowing it to be tortured for us.
ISAIAH 53:5
but he was wounded for our transgression he was bruised for our iniquities the chastisement of our peace was upon him and by his stripes we are healed.

to wound, bruise or to flog do they make the body to vanish or to have scares.
Matthew 26: 26
as they were eating jesus took the bread and blessed it and BRAKE IT and gave it to the disciples and said take eat this is my BODY.

notice the bible said he broke the bread symbolising that his body will be broken not to be made non existent . so his body was broken but his blood was given that was why he said flesh and bone.
Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by oprajo(m): 1:08am On Jan 25, 2015
Boomark:
For those who have been taught that they all will go to heaven, read this carefully. If it must come to pass then you have to go and check what you believe in.

Revelation 21:1-3
A New Heaven and a New Earth
21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people (men/mankind), and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.

Revelation 21:23-26
23 The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp. 24 The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their splendor into it. 25 On no day will its gates ever be shut, for there will be no night there. 26 The glory and honor of the nations will be brought into it.

This will take place at the last day. Did the Holy city go up into heaven or did it come down out of heaven from God? Who are these people(men/mankind in some translation)? Who are the kings of the earth and where do they reside, in heaven or on earth?

At this point, the kingdom must have come and the will of God will be done on earth as it is in heaven, Mat 6:10. And the meek shall inherit the earth, Mat 5:5.

Please am not a Jehovah's Witness. I believe some of the truth they share which some found difficult to believe cos it is not what their church fathers and Pastors teach them.
that statement is after the rapture and the second coming.
2 corinthians 5:8
WE ARE CONFIDENT YES WELL PLEASED RATHER TO BE ABSENT FROM THIS BODY (REFERRING TO PHYSICAL DEATH) AND TO BE PRESENT WITH THE LORD
Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by oprajo(m): 1:24am On Jan 25, 2015
handsomebolanle:
Let me break this down a little bit
The bible reference heaven.. not as a place but as a characteristics in such that there won't be death,sleep, hunger, sickness, incorruptible heart... God lives in Zion
It's all about Heaven on earth... God's lifestyle on earth.
Heaven is not a place . What do you understand by mount zion ?
the bible says in Hebrews 12:22 that mount Zion is a place a city
the HEAVENLY JERUSALEM? meaning there is an earthly one which is in Israel. is Earth or Israel just a place without sleep or death. ...
Heaven is a place not just a realm
Hebrews 11:16
but now they desire a better that is a HEAVENLY (COUNTRY) .THEREFORE GOD IS NOT ASHAMED TO BE CALLED their God for he has prepared a CITY (ZION) for them .
meaning heaven is the country while mount Zion is city in country
Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by oprajo(m): 1:30am On Jan 25, 2015
handsomebolanle:
Let me break this down a little bit
The bible reference heaven.. not as a place but as a characteristics in such that there won't be death,sleep, hunger, sickness, incorruptible heart... God lives in Zion
It's all about Heaven on earth... God's lifestyle on earth.
Heaven is not a place . What do you understand by mount zion ?
the bible says in Hebrews 12:22 that mount Zion is a place a city
the HEAVENLY JERUSALEM? meaning there is an earthly one which is in Israel. is Earth or Israel just a place without sleep or death. ...
Heaven is a place not just a realm
Hebrews 11:16
but now they desire a better that is a HEAVENLY (COUNTRY) .THEREFORE GOD IS NOT ASHAMED TO BE CALLED their God for he has prepared a CITY (ZION) for them .
meaning heaven is the country while mount Zion is city in country
heaven is also used in the bible as realms
Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by Timothy3113(m): 9:50pm On Sep 26, 2015
Prophetudueme, rabzy, boomark, dolphinheart and co, if truly according to u ppl jesus resurected in flesh and spirit. What can be said of enoch gen 5vs 24 and elijah 2kings 2vs 11.
Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by Boomark(m): 1:33am On Sep 27, 2015
oprajo:

that statement is after the rapture and the second coming.
2 corinthians 5:8
WE ARE CONFIDENT YES WELL PLEASED RATHER TO BE ABSENT FROM THIS BODY (REFERRING TO PHYSICAL DEATH) AND TO BE PRESENT WITH THE LORD

Which statement and is there anything wrong with what I said? My post you quoted is just after few posts above.
Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by dolphinheart(m): 11:10pm On Sep 27, 2015
[quoccordingte author=Timothy3113 post=38412684]Prophetudueme, rabzy, boomark, dolphinheart and co, if truly according to u ppl jesus resurected in flesh and spirit. What can be said of enoch gen 5vs 24 and elijah 2kings 2vs 11. [/quote]

according to Paul, they all died.

1 Like

Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 28, 2015
Anas09:
but at times you also reason with the jw's. May i know your belief. Pls list it here. Like me i believe in e.g doctrines of trinity, heaven and hell, salvation thru faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, the Cross and divine atonement, entire Sanctification of the believer, Holy Ghost baptism, rapture etc

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

No Fear ( Hebrews 10:26 ) - Joseph Prince / Hey Yall Its Sept 23 And I Am Raptured. I Am Writing This Post From Heaven / Five Bible Verses To Strenthen Your Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.