Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God (6924 Views)

Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague / Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting / What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by ife4luv21(m): 7:08am On Dec 26, 2014
johnw74:
~

Do JW's still teach that Jesus is an angel?

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
Heb 1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
Heb 1:5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
Heb 1:6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
Heb 1:7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

God called the Son, "God".

~

according to col 1:15, Jesus Christ was created ( by God) ....john 3:16 call him d only begotten son, because he was first among creation, God love him so much... col 1:16 let us know that he was the one God used for creating other tinz on earth n in heaven ...
Now consider Psalm 90:2 , God has no beginning nor end ( whereas Jesus was created)
Jesus said his father is greater than him john 14:28.. 1corithian 11:3 says d head of Christ is God ...

reference ... what does the bible really teach... chapter 4 verse 11 n 12
Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by Boomark(m): 7:39am On Dec 26, 2014
JMAN05:

You ve succeeded in saying nothing. I can just say similar thing against your own religion or even worse, but does it change a dime? If we are to call upon you to defend your accusations biblically, that's when we see who is right, not blabbing. Thats the way the pharisees go on destroying the name of Jesus and his disciples. Was it ever worthwhile?

[size=16]You[/size] are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your father. That one was a manslayer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the lie.”—John 8:44.

I don't think he can brace himself to answer questions. From the way he made his comment, he will go AWOL when the heat is on.
Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by Boomark(m): 7:48am On Dec 26, 2014
JMAN05:

Wow, I never knew the above previously. I thought you were a witness.

No am not but many wount know. Though i have good relationship with the witness. Am not the type that tries to sweep their footsteps away when they don't even know anything.
Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by ife4luv21(m): 7:58am On Dec 26, 2014
JMAN05:

You ve succeeded in saying nothing. I can just say similar thing against your own religion or even worse, but does it change a dime? If we are to call upon you to defend your accusations biblically, that's when we see who is right, not blabbing. Thats the way the pharisees go on destroying the name of Jesus and his disciples. Was it ever worthwhile?

[size=16]You[/size] are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your father. That one was a manslayer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the lie.”—John 8:44.

brodas your response too harsh, will u react like dis 4 door to door ministry ... everybody are entitle to dia opinions.... if deh won't yield, u leave rather than using scriptures to abuse ...

1 Like

Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by Boomark(m): 8:10am On Dec 26, 2014
ife4luv21:

according to col 1:15, Jesus Christ was created ( by God) ....john 3:16 call him d only begotten son, because he was first among creation, God love him so much... col 1:16 let us know that he was the one God used for creating other tinz on earth n in heaven ...
Now consider Psalm 90:2 , God has no beginning nor end ( whereas Jesus was created)
Jesus said his father is greater than him john 14:28.. 1corithian 11:3 says d head of Christ is God ...

reference ... what does the bible really teach... chapter 4 verse 11 n 12

No proof yet.
Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by ayoku777(m): 8:40am On Dec 26, 2014
Boomark:

I don't think he can brace himself to answer questions. From the way he made his comment, he will go AWOL when the heat is on.

I was studying my bible yesterday and I got to

Mark 13v32 -But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, NEITHER THE SON, but the Father.

It brought me back to the other debate about the Father and the Son being one.

If the Father and the Son are equals, how can there be a privileged information that even Jesus is not privy to?

It embosses the fact that their oneness is not EQUALITY. The Father and the Son are not on the same level of authority. There are things the Son does not know, except the Father tells Him.

That's why Jesus said in

John 8v28 -...I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

Its clear the Father is greater in authority than the Son. SOOOO many scriptures proof this truth.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by Boomark(m): 9:12am On Dec 26, 2014
ayoku777:

I was studying my bible yesterday and I got to

Mark 13v32 -But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, NEITHER THE SON, but the Father.

It brought me back to the other debate about the Father and the Son being one.

If the Father and the Son are equals, how can there be a privileged information that even Jesus is not privy to?

It embosses the fact that their oneness is not EQUALITY. The Father and the Son are not on the same level of authority. There are things the Son does not know, except the Father tells Him.

That's why Jesus said in

John 8v28 -...I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

Its clear the Father is greater in authority than the Son. TOOOO many scriptures proof this truth.

So many scriptural proof bro. They will tell you its because he is half-man half-God.

1 Like

Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by dolphinheart(m): 1:04pm On Dec 26, 2014
johnw74:
~

Do JW's still teach that Jesus is an angel?

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
Heb 1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
Heb 1:5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
Heb 1:6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
Heb 1:7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

God called the Son, "God".

~

Quote heb 1:4 again and then use it to explain to us that jesus is God, equal to the father, uncreated

Who is made?
Who made him?
Remember , made = produced or manufactured by something.

You are quick to point to the fact that he was made better than the angels , making u forget the fact that he was made.

1 Like

Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by RikoduoSennin(m): 1:51pm On Dec 26, 2014
ProphetUdeme:
Peace grace and mercy from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

I have finally concluded my research on the doctrines of the jehovah witness as they are part of the christian body because the have accepted Jesus as the Christ but with pains in my heart. The discrepancy between the Jehovah witness and the church of God is much as they kick against many belief.. Now i am humbly inviting 2 members of the JW sect to come and answer some questions that confuses me. I know they are knowledgeble in the word ass they will explain to us the questions i shall ask. Thanks and remain blessed.
The Christians beliefs that Jehovah witnesses do not accept and by the grace of my God i shall take them one by one.
1. Heaven
2. Eternal Hell fire
3. Rapture of the Saints
4. Trinity
5. The Divinity of Jesus Christ
6. Jesus' Death on the Cross
7. The Holy Ghost is a Spirit Person
8. Baptism of the Holy Ghost
9. Worship of Jesus
10. Praying in the Spirit
and some other doctrines which shall be noted later
Tagged : JMAN05, bookmark, Bernimoore, Yooguyz and all jehovah witnesses we humbly invited u to share ur knowledge. Thanks.

I am patiently waiting for your Post on 4-10, those will make an interesting discussion.

For now, let us look carefully at point 1- 3 that you have Posted on.
Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by RikoduoSennin(m): 2:16pm On Dec 26, 2014
ProphetUdeme:
HEAVEN - Jehovah witnesses do not believe in people going to heaven after they die but rather they said that Jesus says that all the good chosen people will inherit the earth and that no one is going to heaven and heaven belongs only to God.

Thanks

Now, the bolded Section is LIES. Please visit www.jw.org, click "about us" , read the believes of JW before making False accusations about them.

Any one else with this notion should visit that site too.

JW believes only 144,000 people from different Nations and time period ( from Penticost 33 C.E to the time of Great Tribulation) will GO TO HEAVEN to rule as KING AND PRIEST with JESUS over OTHER RIGHTEOUS PEOPLE HERE ON EARTH --- Rev 14:1-5; Rev 5:9 ;

ILLUSTRATION OF GOD'S KINGDOM:

1) Kingdom derive from King and Domain

2) Primary King of that Kingdom is Jesus (Human Example: a President, Prime Minister or Head of State)

3) Secondary Kings of that kingdom is 144,000 spirit anointed christians (Human Example: is Ministers, Senators, etc that assist in smooth Governance)

4) Domain of God's Kingdom will include HEAVEN and EARTH (Human Example: The Nation of Nigeria)

5) God's kingdom capital state is Heaven (Human Example: Abuja is the capital of Nigeria).

Is all citizens of Nigeria living at the Capital? No, so too all of God's Kingdom citizens won't too.

6) The effect of Christ and his co-rulers rulership will be felt both in Heaven and Earth.
Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by RikoduoSennin(m): 3:25pm On Dec 26, 2014
ProphetUdeme:

Hell fire

matthew 10 vs 28 - fear not those who kill the body but after cant do any more but I forewarn u Him who ye shall fear which after He hath killed hath power to cast into hell.

Well David and Jesus went to Bible 'HELL'. So what does that say about The true meaning of Hell. Please Read Psalms 16:10; Acts 2:27,31 ; Do righteous people go to hell too?

Revelation 20:13 " and the sea gave up THE DEAD which were in it and DEATH and HELL DELIVERED UP "THE DEAD" WHICH WERE IN THEM and they were JUDGED EVERY MAN ACCORDING TO THEIR WORKS"

Tell me, Is there Judgment after one spends time in Hell or before going to Hell?
Which kind of People did that verse say was coming out of HELL?
Isn't hell suppose to be a place of final punishment ? Why then was Hell casted into the Lake of Fire? What does the Lake of Fire mean as stated in Revelation 20:14 ?

ProphetUdeme:

Matthew 25 vs 41 - then shall He say unto them at the left hand, depart from me ye cursed into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels

Compare Revelations 20:10, the everlasting Fire Satan and his angels were cast off into is "the Lake of Fire" not HELL. This Lake of fire means "Second Death" unless you have another defination of death or do not agree with Revelation 20:14

ProphetUdeme:

mark 9 vs 45-49 - the fire shall never be quenched and the worms does not die nor the fire be quenched an if ur eye offend thee cut it off for it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God blind than for the whole body and eyes be cast into hell fire were the fire is not quenched for everybody shall be fueled with fire.

You use of the words "Hell fire" is questionable, I did only see the word Hell not Hellfire.

If you take everything in that verse to be literal (the intensity of the fire, the place called hell, the kind of worms etc) then the plucking of the eyes, maiming of our hands and foot should also be LITERAL Don't you think?

The above verse is figurative/symbolic not literal in meaning.

God did not tell Adam and Eve (the first sinner) that they would go to a place of fiery torment as punishment for their sins.

Romans 6:7 " For he who has died is FREED FROM SIN" so will such a person be punished for what sin ?

Everlasting life is a gift from God, Humans living forever even if it is with torment is still a Gift don't you think?

ProphetUdeme:

Jude 7 - even as sodom and gommorah and the cities about them in like manner giving themselves over to fornication and going after strange flesh are set forth for an example suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Try reading Jude 7 again in another translation please. Eg RSV says " just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities which likewise acted immorally and indulge in unnatural lust, serve as an example BY UNDERGOING A PUNISHMENT OF ETERNAL FIRE"

The fire that destroy Sodom and Gomorrah was not everlasting, this verse is still NOT LITERAL in meaning. Compare: 2 Peter 2:6;

DILEMMA of HELL TEACHING:

When do people go to Hell.

1) If you say immediately after death eg like the Rich man in parable, THEN How will both righteous and unrighteous will be resurrected from death, Judged and Punished according to their deeds. (Revelation 20:12)

2) If you say after the great tribulation/last days/judgement day, THEN why quote the Parable of Lazarus as proof of Hell. Why say Jesus visit/preached to demons who are currently in Hell. Why quote Jude 7 as proof of Hell fire?

You see Hell fire teaching is inconsistent with Bible truths.
Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by RikoduoSennin(m): 4:02pm On Dec 26, 2014
ProphetUdeme:
Rapture of the Saints.

1 thessalonians 4 vs 15-18 : for this we say unto you by the word of the Lord that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep
for the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout and with the voice of the archangel and with the trump of God and the dead in Christ shall rise first,
then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord (alleluia).

Many misunderstood JW believes on this scripture hence the real meaning of this scripture.

This describes the 'First Resurrection'. NB: "The Dead in Christ" will rise first. This means the resurrection of Dead anointed christians to Heavenly life as Spirit adopted sons of God.

Those few anointed Christians who will remain alive till this time will also be caught up to heaven.

Will they go with their Physical bodies like many think about the Rapture? No!

See. 1 Corinthians 15:35,36,42,44,50-52 " But someone will ask, how are the dead raised up and with what kind of body do they come. You foolish man, What is sow does not come to life unless it dies....So too the resurrection of the dead, what is sown is perishable (flesh) what is raised is imperishable (spirit)....it is sown a physical body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a Physical body there is also a Spiritual one.... I tell you this brethren: FLESH AND BLOOD CANNOT INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable....WE SHALL NOT ALL SLEEP BUT WE SHALL ALL BE 'CHANGED' IN A MOMENT, IN THE TWINKLE OF AN EYE AT THE LAST TRUMPET. For the trumpet will sound AND THE DEAD WILL BE RAISED IMPERISHABLE AND WE SHALL BE 'CHANGED'.

So many misconceptions about our beliefs.
Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by Nobody: 12:56am On Dec 27, 2014
dolphinheart:

Quote heb 1:4 again and then use it to explain to us that jesus is God, equal to the father, uncreated

Who is made?
Who made him?

You are quick to point to the fact that he was made better than the angels , making u forget the fact that he was made.
the verse also said that by inheritance He hath obtained a more excellent name than they.. Jesus is the heir to God and he Came Forth from God as The Living Word that is why He is called the Begotten Son of God... He wasnt created. He existed with His Father and He wasnt created
Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by Nobody: 12:58am On Dec 27, 2014
RikoduoSennin:

Many misunderstood JW believes on this scripture hence the real meaning of this scripture.

This describes the 'First Resurrection'. NB: "The Dead in Christ" will rise first. This means the resurrection of Dead anointed christians to Heavenly life as Spirit adopted sons of God.

Those few anointed Christians who will remain alive till this time will also be caught up to heaven.

Will they go with their Physical bodies like many think about the Rapture? No!

See. 1 Corinthians 15:35,36,42,44,50-52 " But someone will ask, how are the dead raised up and with what kind of body do they come. You foolish man, What is sow does not come to life unless it dies....So too the resurrection of the dead, what is sown is perishable (flesh) what is raised is imperishable (spirit)....it is sown a physical body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a Physical body there is also a Spiritual one.... I tell you this brethren: FLESH AND BLOOD CANNOT INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable....WE SHALL NOT ALL SLEEP BUT WE SHALL ALL BE 'CHANGED' IN A MOMENT, IN THE TWINKLE OF AN EYE AT THE LAST TRUMPET. For the trumpet will sound AND THE DEAD WILL BE RAISED IMPERISHABLE AND WE SHALL BE 'CHANGED'.

So many misconceptions about our beliefs.
the Holy Ghost shall help us... What is the meaning of ur signature
Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by johnw74: 2:14am On Dec 27, 2014
dolphinheart:

Who is made?
Who made him?

So many verses in the Bible say the Word - Jesus is God, of which I have posted many.
You should believe the scriptures and try to understand them.

Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by RikoduoSennin(m): 6:44am On Dec 27, 2014
johnw74:

So many verses in the Bible say the Word - Jesus is God, of which I have posted many.
You should believe the scriptures and try to understand them.

Yes, and also, So many more Scriptures says God Jesus has another/higher God whom he answers to, so Jesus can't and will never be the Almighty God too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

My signature if from quotes of two movies: "The one" by Jet Li and "Underworld Evolution" by Marcus.
Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by paulGrundy(m): 9:20am On Dec 27, 2014
ProphetUdeme:
the Holy Ghost shall help us... What is the meaning of ur signature

grin grin grin
Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by dolphinheart(m): 5:48pm On Dec 27, 2014
ProphetUdeme:
the verse also said that by inheritance He hath obtained a more excellent name than they.. Jesus is the heir to God and he Came Forth from God as The Living Word that is why He is called the Begotten Son of God... He wasnt created. He existed with His Father and He wasnt created

The truth is like hot coal to those who try to hide its light.
When words of truth come out and you try to hide it with black clothe by changing the topic or scripture under discussion, by refusing to answer questions posed , the truth will have no choice than to burn through the clothe for its light to shine to all.
Quote the verse again and explain who made jesus to be what he is . And remember to add the definition of "made" to it.
Look at the word obtained, does it not tell you that the person who obtains does not have what he obtained before he obtained it?

Look at the word inheritance: does it not imply something giving to you? Who gave it?

"by inheritance, he obtained a name" : does this not mean that he did not have that name before?

Look at the word heir: does it not imply that you are the one in line to receive what you dnt have?

Is God is own heir?
Can someone inherit something that is already his?

Jesus was called son of God
Angels too are called sons of God
All came forth from God
Are they all God then?

When you sincerely answer those questions, not trying to hide it behind excuses, then you will know that the thruth cannot be hidden

2 Likes

Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by Nobody: 8:50pm On Dec 27, 2014
ife4luv21:

brodas your response too harsh, will u react like dis 4 door to door ministry ... everybody are entitle to dia opinions.... if deh won't yield, u leave rather than using scriptures to abuse ...

It is true that we should be season our lips with salt, however, when people needlessly become obstinate, even Jesus do become critical.

Look at it this way:

1. I was not the one who said those words, but Jesus.

2. If we say the words were unchristian, then that implies that Jesus was unchristian. Do you believe that?

3. Jesus said those words while discussing a scriptural topic with people.

4. Was't Jesus in the ministry when he said those words?

At one time Jesus quoted a scripture from the book of Isaiah to expose the pharisees. Will you say he was using scriptures to abuse? Was his actions unchristian? mark 7:6

Did Jesus just leave unrepentant obstinate people, who only go ahead and criticize his work? Read Matt 23:13 - down.

While that shouldn't be our preoccupation, but there is nothing wrong with criticizing people who don't love the truth. That can even move them to change.

1 Like

Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 02, 2015
RikoduoSennin:

Now, the bolded Section is LIES. Please visit www.jw.org, click "about us" , read the believes of JW before making False accusations about them.

Any one else with this notion should visit that site too.

JW believes only 144,000 people from different Nations and time period ( from Penticost 33 C.E to the time of Great Tribulation) will GO TO HEAVEN to rule as KING AND PRIEST with JESUS over OTHER RIGHTEOUS PEOPLE HERE ON EARTH --- Rev 14:1-5; Rev 5:9 ;

ILLUSTRATION OF GOD'S KINGDOM:

1) Kingdom derive from King and Domain

2) Primary King of that Kingdom is Jesus (Human Example: a President, Prime Minister or Head of State)

3) Secondary Kings of that kingdom is 144,000 spirit anointed christians (Human Example: is Ministers, Senators, etc that assist in smooth Governance)

4) Domain of God's Kingdom will include HEAVEN and EARTH (Human Example: The Nation of Nigeria)

5) God's kingdom capital state is Heaven (Human Example: Abuja is the capital of Nigeria).

Is all citizens of Nigeria living at the Capital? No, so too all of God's Kingdom citizens won't too.

6) The effect of Christ and his co-rulers rulership will be felt both in Heaven and Earth.
but what i read in last month edition of awak magazine indicated that it is a false belief from a false religion that when a righteous person dies he goes to heaven to spend eternity wit God. And u guys quoted from the scripture in psalms that says that the heavens belongs to Jehovah while the earth hath He given to the children of men and also all the meek shall inherit the earth.....
Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by RikoduoSennin(m): 6:32pm On Jan 02, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
but what i read in last month edition of awak magazine indicated that it is a false belief from a false religion that when a righteous person dies he goes to heaven to spend eternity wit God. And u guys quoted from the scripture in psalms that says that the heavens belongs to Jehovah while the earth hath He given to the children of men and also all the meek shall inherit the earth.....

I see, it seems you did not understand the context of what was written there.

A) Other religion believes EVERY righteous person goes to Heaven upon their death.

B) They also believe these righteous people go to Heaven immediately after their death without remaining in the grave for their resurrection.

These are the false teachings we are talking about.

JW can never deny that some persons will inherit Heaven/ Rule with Christ as Kings and Priest to God.
Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by paulGrundy(m): 7:26pm On Jan 02, 2015
ProphetUdeme:

All those sites you are copying from are telling lies, to know about jehovahs witness doctrines, go to jw.org. But if you want an accurate unbiased view of jehovahs witnesses go to jwfacts.com.
Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by rabzy: 3:35pm On Jan 06, 2015
paulGrundy:

We are basically saying the same thing. Go back and re-read my post.

See this verse:
John 2:19-21

19 Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up." 20 The Jews then said, "It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and will you raise it up in three days?" 21 But he spoke of the temple of his body

1 Timothy 3:16
16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: [size=23pt]God was manifest in the flesh[/size], justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Between the bible and the watchtower, who do you think is saying the truth?

Jesus christ will die and be resurrected in 3 days, The temple of his physical body was destroyed but God raised him up with a spirit body. (1 Corinthians 15:44) It is sown a physical body; it is raised up a spiritual body. If there is a physical body, there is also a spiritual one.

Jesus himself said: “For a fact, the bread that I shall give is my flesh in behalf of the life of the world.” (Joh 6:51) It follows that Christ could not take his body back again in the resurrection, thereby taking back the sacrifice offered to God for mankind

I dont know how your second bible quote shows that Jesus was raised up with a fleshly body.

This is what the Bible says: 1 Peter 3:18
For Christ also suffered for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, in order to bring you to God. He was put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit….New Revised Standard

For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit,..English Standard Version

For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God.He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit….Today’s New International Version

For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us toGod, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit…New American Standard

For also Christ once died for our sins, he just for unjust, that he should offer to God us [that he should offer us to God], made dead in flesh, but made quick in Spirit. Wycliff

For Christ also suffered for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, that He might bring you to God, after being put to death in the fleshly realm but made alive in the spiritual realm…Holman Christian Standard

Because Christ once went through pain for sins, the upright one taking the place of sinners, so that through him we might come back to God; being put to death in the flesh, but given life in the Spirit…Bible in Basic English

for Christ indeed has once suffered for sins, [the] just for [the] unjust, that he might bring us to God; being put to death in flesh, but made alive in [the] Spirit,…Darby Translation

This is what the 'watchtower' believes and it is exactly what the Bible teaches.
Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by rabzy: 3:45pm On Jan 06, 2015
paulGrundy:

We are basically saying the same thing. Go back and re-read my post.

See this verse:
John 2:19-21

19 Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up." 20 The Jews then said, "It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and will you raise it up in three days?" 21 But he spoke of the temple of his body

1 Timothy 3:16
16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: [size=23pt]God was manifest in the flesh[/size], justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Between the bible and the watchtower, who do you think is saying the truth?

And to the GOD WAS MANIFEST IN THE FLESH....that was not the original rendition, that is one of the sly attempts people used to put false trinity doctrine into the Bible. In the most extant manuscripts it is rendered 'He Who was Manifest in the flesh'.

New International Version
Beyond all question, the mystery from which true godliness springs is great: He appeared in the flesh, was vindicated by the Spirit, was seen by angels, was preached among the nations, was believed on in the world, was taken up in glory.

New Living Translation
Without question, this is the great mystery of our faith: Christ was revealed in a human body and vindicated by the Spirit. He was seen by angels and announced to the nations. He was believed in throughout the world and taken to heaven in glory.

English Standard Version
Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of godliness: He was manifested in the flesh, vindicated by the Spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed among the nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory.

New American Standard Bible
By common confession, great is the mystery of godliness: He who was revealed in the flesh, Was vindicated in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Proclaimed among the nations, Believed on in the world, Taken up in glory.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
And most certainly, the mystery of godliness is great: He was manifested in the flesh, vindicated in the Spirit, seen by angels, preached among the nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory.

International Standard Version
By common confession, the secret of our godly worship is great: In flesh was he revealed to sight, kept righteous by the Spirit's might, adored by angels singing. To nations was he manifest, believing souls found peace and rest, our Lord in heaven reigning!

1 Like

Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by paulGrundy(m): 4:13pm On Jan 06, 2015
rabzy:

Jesus christ will die and be resurrected in 3 days, The temple of his physical body was destroyed but God raised him up with a spirit body. (1 Corinthians 15:44) It is sown a physical body; it is raised up a spiritual body. If there is a physical body, there is also a spiritual one.

Jesus himself said: “For a fact, the bread that I shall give is my flesh in behalf of the life of the world.” (Joh 6:51) It follows that Christ could not take his body back again in the resurrection, thereby taking back the sacrifice offered to God for mankind

I dont know how your second bible quote shows that Jesus was raised up with a fleshly body.

This is what the Bible says: 1 Peter 3:18
For Christ also suffered for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, in order to bring you to God. He was put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit….New Revised Standard

For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit,..English Standard Version

For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God.He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit….Today’s New International Version

For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us toGod, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit…New American Standard

For also Christ once died for our sins, he just for unjust, that he should offer to God us [that he should offer us to God], made dead in flesh, but made quick in Spirit. Wycliff

For Christ also suffered for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, that He might bring you to God, after being put to death in the fleshly realm but made alive in the spiritual realm…Holman Christian Standard

Because Christ once went through pain for sins, the upright one taking the place of sinners, so that through him we might come back to God; being put to death in the flesh, but given life in the Spirit…Bible in Basic English

for Christ indeed has once suffered for sins, [the] just for [the] unjust, that he might bring us to God; being put to death in flesh, but made alive in [the] Spirit,…Darby Translation

This is what the 'watchtower' believes and it is exactly what the Bible teaches.

What is this one saying?? Which temple did Jesus say would be destroyed, and then in 3days he would be raised up again?? Answer.

1 Peter 3:18-19King James Version (KJV)

18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

Cc: rabzy

The oldest manuscripts omit the Greek article. Translate with the preposition "in," as the antithesis to the previous "in the flesh" requires, "IN spirit," that is, in respect to His Spirit. "Put to death" in the former mode of life; "quickened" in the other. [size=21pt]Not that His Spirit ever died and was quickened, or made alive again[/size], but whereas He had lived after the manner of mortal men in the flesh, He began to live a spiritual "resurrection" (1Pe 3:21) life, whereby He has the power to bring us to God. Two ways of explaining 1Pe 3:18, 19, are open to us: (1) "Quickened in Spirit," that is, immediately on His release from the "flesh," the energy of His undying spirit-life was "quickened" by God the Father, into new modes of action, namely, "in the Spirit He went down (as subsequently He went up to heaven, 1Pe 3:22, the same Greek verb) and heralded [not salvation, as Alford, contrary to Scripture, which everywhere represents man's state, whether saved or lost, after death irreversible. Nor is any mention made of the conversion of the spirits in prison. See on 1Pe 3:20. Nor is the phrase here 'preached the Gospel' (evangelizo), but 'heralded' (ekeruxe) or 'preached'; but simply made the announcement of His finished work; so the same Greek in Mr 1:45, 'publish,' confirming Enoch and Noah's testimony, and thereby declaring the virtual condemnation of their unbelief, and the salvation of Noah and believers; a sample of the similar opposite effects of the same work on all unbelievers, and believers, respectively; also a consolation to those whom Peter addresses, in their sufferings at the hands of unbelievers; specially selected for the sake of 'baptism,' its 'antitype' (1Pe 3:21), which, as a seal, marks believers as separated from the rest of the doomed world] to the spirits (His Spirit speaking to the spirits) in prison (in Hades or Sheol, awaiting the judgment, 2Pe 2:4), which were of old disobedient when," &c. (2) The strongest point in favor of (1) is the position of "sometime," that is, of old, connected with "disobedient"; whereas if the preaching or announcing were a thing long past, we should expect "sometime," or of old, to be joined to "went and preached." But this transposition may express that their disobedience preceded His preaching. The Greek participle expresses the reason of His preaching, "inasmuch as they were sometime disobedient" (compare 1Pe 4:6). Also "went" seems to mean a personal going, as in 1Pe 3:22, not merely in spirit. But see the answer below. The objections are "quickened" must refer to Christ's body (compare 1Pe 3:21, end), for as His Spirit never ceased to live, it cannot be said to be "quickened." Compare Joh 5:21; Ro 8:11, and other passages, where "quicken" is used of the bodily resurrection. Also, not His Spirit, but His soul, went to Hades. His Spirit was commended by Him at death to His Father, and was thereupon "in Paradise." The theory—(1) would thus require that His descent to the spirits in prison should be after His resurrection! Compare Eph 4:9, 10, which makes the descent precede the ascent. Also Scripture elsewhere is silent about such a heralding, though possibly Christ's death had immediate effects on the state of both the godly and the ungodly in Hades: the souls of the godly heretofore in comparative confinement, perhaps then having been, as some Fathers thought, translated to God's immediate and heavenly presence; but this cannot be proved from Scripture. Compare however, Joh 3:13; Col 1:18. Prison is always used in a bad sense in Scripture. "Paradise" and "Abraham's bosom," the abode of good spirits in Old Testament times, are separated by a wide gulf from Hell or Hades, and cannot be called "prison." Compare 2Co 12:2, 4, where "paradise" and the "third heaven" correspond. Also, why should the antediluvian unbelievers in particular be selected as the objects of His preaching in Hades? Therefore explain: "Quickened in spirit, in which (as distinguished from in person; the words "in which," that is, in spirit, expressly obviating the objection that "went" implies a personal going) He went (in the person of Noah, "a preacher of righteousness," 2Pe 2:5: Alford's own Note, Eph 2:17, is the best reply to his argument from "went" that a local going to Hades in person is meant. As "He CAME and preached peace" by His Spirit in the apostles and ministers after His death and ascension: so before His incarnation He preached in Spirit through Noah to the antediluvians, Joh 14:18, 28; Ac 26:23. "Christ should show," literally, "announce light to the Gentiles"wink and preached unto the spirits in prison, that is, the antediluvians, whose bodies indeed seemed free, but their spirits were in prison, shut up in the earth as one great condemned cell (exactly parallel to Isa 24:22, 23 "upon the earth … they shall be gathered together as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison," &c. [just as the fallen angels are judicially regarded as "in chains of darkness," though for a time now at large on the earth, 1Pe 2:4], where 1Pe 3:18 has a plain allusion to the flood, "the windows from on high are open," compare Ge 7:11); from this prison the only way of escape was that preached by Christ in Noah. Christ, who in our times came in the flesh, in the days of Noah preached in Spirit by Noah to the spirits then in prison (Isa 61:1, end, "the Spirit of the Lord God hath sent me to proclaim the opening of the prison to them that are bound"wink. So in 1Pe 1:11, "the Spirit of Christ" is said to have testified in the prophets. As Christ suffered even to death by enemies, and was afterwards quickened in virtue of His "Spirit" (or divine nature, Ro 1:3, 4; 1Co 15:45), which henceforth acted in its full energy, the first result of which was the raising of His body (1Pe 3:21, end) from the prison of the grave and His soul from Hades; so the same Spirit of Christ enabled Noah, amidst reproach and trials, to preach to the disobedient spirits fast bound in wrath. That Spirit in you can enable you also to suffer patiently now, looking for the resurrection deliverance.
Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by rabzy: 9:11am On Jan 07, 2015
paulGrundy:

What is this one saying?? Which temple did Jesus say would be destroyed, and then in 3days he would be raised up again?? Answer.

Don't refer to me as 'this one'.

i wont bother reading what you have written.
Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by paulGrundy(m): 10:29am On Jan 07, 2015
rabzy:

Don't refer to me as 'this one'.

i wont bother reading what you have written.

Very selfish of you. with a closed mind You want me to swallow your doctrine hook line and sinker, without giving room for questioning or skeptism. You have failed. Remember the borean christains, apostle paul commended them for their wisdom, demonstrated by going back to the scriptures to confirm if his teachings align with scripture. Its only a foolish man that will believe everything he was told without investigating in scripture and opening his mind to other scriptural interpretations. Keep believing! Probably when the watchtower reverts to her early stance! You'll still believe. One day if they say jesus didn't die and rise again you will still believe. Beliver. cheesy
Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by rabzy: 10:56am On Jan 07, 2015
paulGrundy:

Very selfish of you. with a closed mind You want me to swallow your doctrine hook line and sinker, without giving room for questioning or skeptism. You have failed. Remember the borean christains, apostle paul commended them for their wisdom, demonstrated by going back to the scriptures to confirm if his teachings align with scripture. Its only a foolish man that will believe everything he was told without investigating in scripture and opening his mind to other scriptural interpretations. Keep believing! Probably when the watchtower reverts to her early stance! You'll still believe. One day if they say jesus didn't die and rise again you will still believe. Beliver. cheesy

If you fail to see that i refused to read further because you insulted me and you still went on with the same insulting speech, then i wonder why i should bother converse with you. If you don't know how to converse civilly and with respect, we have no further need to talk. My dis-continuing this conversation is not because am not giving room for questioning and criticism.
Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by paulGrundy(m): 11:09am On Jan 07, 2015
rabzy:

If you fail to see that i refused to read further because you insulted me and you still go on with the same insulting speech, then i wonder why i should bother converse with you. If you don't know how to converse civilly and with respect, we have no further need to talk. My dis-continuing this conversation is not because am not giving room for questioning and criticism.

grin grin grin. Ok am sorry sir/ma?? For the insult I never meant it that way.

#i wonder which which other excuse would be used again#
Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by rabzy: 1:42pm On Jan 07, 2015
paulGrundy:

Which temple did Jesus say would be destroyed, and then in 3days he would be raised up again?? Answer.

1 Peter 3:18-19King James Version (KJV)

18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

Jesus was talking about his death and resurrection, he would be put to death and resurrected back to life. He was put to death in a fleshly body but was resurrected with a spirit body.

My reasons for saying this is based on
1 Cor 14:40-45 So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; 43 it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; 44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. 45 So it is written: "The first Adam became a living being"; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit.

It's the same with the resurrection of the dead: a rotting body is put into the ground, but what is raised won't ever decay. 43 It's degraded when it's put into the ground, but it's raised in glory. It's weak when it's put into the ground, but it's raised in power. 44 It's a physical body when it's put into the ground, but it's raised as a spiritual body. If there's a physical body, there's also a spiritual body. 45 So it is also written, The first human, Adam, became a living person, and the last Adam became a spirit that gives life. 46 But the physical body comes first, not the spiritual one—the spiritual body comes afterward

This verse was plainly saying there are two bodies physical and spiritual and that at the resurrection of Jesus, he was sown in corruption but was raised up as a spirit.
2nd Evidence
1 Peter 3:18

Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by rabzy: 1:49pm On Jan 07, 2015
paulGrundy:

grin grin grin. Ok am sorry sir/ma?? For the insult I never meant it that way.

#i wonder which which other excuse would be used again#

As to the Quickening which you cited and expatiated on.
This is an explanation of the term:

Two balanced phrases state the result: "having been put to
death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit." The Greek
construction is identical in each phrase, indicating intended
balance and correspondence between them.
"Having been put to death in the flesh" declares the violent
death of Jesus, terminating His life as a man here on earth. Men
took violent action against Him to procure His death. "Flesh"
(sarki>, used without an article, is qualitative and refers to the
humanity He assumed at the Incarnation (John 1:14; 1 Tim.
3:16) and characterizes Him as a man among men here on earth.
He was no Docetic phantom who only appeared to have a body.
"But made alive in the spirit" declares a glorious antithesis.
God acted to bring Him to life again (cf. Rom. 8:11; 1 Pet. 1:21).
Some interpreters hold that the reference here is not to Christ's
bodily resurrection but rather pictures the quickening of His
spirit, which, set free from the limitations of His body, entered
into a new life in the spiritual realm and engaged in spiritual
activities in the spiritual world.6
But the antithetical structure of these two clauses more
naturally suggests His resurrection as over against His death.
The verb (z&opoihqei>j), used in ten other places in the New
Testament, refers to the resurrection of the dead (John 5:21
[twice]; Rom. 5:17; 8:11; 1 Cor. 15:22, 36, 45) or denotes the
giving of spiritual life (John 6:63; 2 Cor. 3:6; Gal. 3:21). It clearly
means to give life where before it had ceased to be or where it had
never been. In Romans 8:11 it is used synonymously with "raise
up" (e]geo>rw) and asserts resurrection. Christ's redemptive victory
was not complete until His resurrection. The expression does not
refer to a quickening of His disembodied spirit which did not die.
The balanced grammatical structure also implies an antithesis
between "flesh" (sarki> and "spirit" (pneu<mati), suggesting
that the two nouns should be taken in the same case.
Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by paulGrundy(m): 8:29pm On Jan 08, 2015
rabzy:

As to the Quickening which you cited and expatiated on.
This is an explanation of the term:

Two balanced phrases state the result: "having been put to
death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit." The Greek
construction is identical in each phrase, indicating intended
balance and correspondence between them.
"Having been put to death in the flesh" declares the violent
death of Jesus, terminating His life as a man here on earth. Men
took violent action against Him to procure His death. "Flesh"
(sarki>, used without an article, is qualitative and refers to the
humanity He assumed at the Incarnation (John 1:14; 1 Tim.
3:16) and characterizes Him as a man among men here on earth.
He was no Docetic phantom who only appeared to have a body.
"But made alive in the spirit" declares a glorious antithesis.
God acted to bring Him to life again (cf. Rom. 8:11; 1 Pet. 1:21).
Some interpreters hold that the reference here is not to Christ's
bodily resurrection but rather pictures the quickening of His
spirit, which, set free from the limitations of His body, entered
into a new life in the spiritual realm and engaged in spiritual
activities in the spiritual world.6
But the antithetical structure of these two clauses more
naturally suggests His resurrection as over against His death.
The verb (z&opoihqei>j), used in ten other places in the New
Testament, refers to the resurrection of the dead (John 5:21
[twice]; Rom. 5:17; 8:11; 1 Cor. 15:22, 36, 45) or denotes the
giving of spiritual life (John 6:63; 2 Cor. 3:6; Gal. 3:21). It clearly
means to give life where before it had ceased to be or where it had
never been. In Romans 8:11 it is used synonymously with "raise
up" (e]geo>rw) and asserts resurrection. Christ's redemptive victory
was not complete until His resurrection. The expression does not
refer to a quickening of His disembodied spirit which did not die.
The balanced grammatical structure also implies an antithesis
between "flesh" (sarki> and "spirit" (pneu<mati), suggesting
that the two nouns should be taken in the same case.

I have just concluded my scriptural research on this subject, and yes you are very correct. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Most Important Reason Why You Should Become A Christian For Real / The Use Of Virtual Holy Scriptures - Good/bad? / Apostle Joshua Selman Expose The Secret To His Miracles,signs And Wonders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 200
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.