Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

President Jonathan Proposes 'Hall Of Shame' For Criminals - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Proposes 'Hall Of Shame' For Criminals (14981 Views)

Europeans Wrongly Believe Igboland Is A Region For Criminals — Ebede / Jonathan Proposes Hall Of Shame For Criminals / Jonathan Proposes 7-year Single Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan Proposes 'Hall Of Shame' For Criminals by wallex1983(m): 6:08am On Dec 24, 2014
President Goodluck Jonathan on Tuesday pushed for a designated place to be created and named “Hall of Shame” where names of criminals and societal misfits will be documented.

Stressing that he muted the idea while he was the Governor of Bayelsa State, the President said that it will serve as deterrence to those who may want to indulge in criminality in the country.

The President gave the suggestion on Tuesday while receiving the Legends of Nollyhood, led by its Chairman Paul Obaziele, who conferred on him the title of Grand Patron of the body at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

According to him, immortalizing the names of criminals in the proposed hall of shame would make families and youth not to be attracted to crimes that could bring shame to their names.

He said: “I heard you saying that you are planning a Hall of Fame, I think we should start thinking of having a hall of shame where the names of criminals would be written. This will serve as a deterrent to those who may want to indulge in criminal activities as they would not want to soil their family names.”

Acknowledging the contributions made by the actors and actresses in the film industry, he eulogized them for contributing to the Gross Domestic Product (GDP).

He said that the Nollyhood actors have done the nation proud by projecting its culture positively within and outside the country.

Jonathan noted that the country used to be proud of soccer stars in the recent past but since the national team has begun to disappoint the nation, the Nollywood has overtaken them.

He called on the actors to help project agriculture positively in their movies so that youngsters could develop interest in going into the business.

The President assured them of government’s support for the production of such movies.

Speaking earlier, Obaziele sought for more support from the government in terms of welfare.

He also requested for comprehensive health insurance and pension schemes be created for actors and actresses and the provision of accommodation for those who cannot afford decent housing.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/jonathan-seeks-hall-shame-criminals/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Proposes 'Hall Of Shame' For Criminals by StealthyMe(m): 6:15am On Dec 24, 2014
And the hall of Shame would contain the names of politicians convicted of corruption abi

#Yimu...dey deceive yourself ooo

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Proposes 'Hall Of Shame' For Criminals by temitemi1(m): 6:17am On Dec 24, 2014
Buhari, tinubu n ameachi's name will take d first line grin grin grin... GEJ till 2019!!!

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Proposes 'Hall Of Shame' For Criminals by Nobody: 6:18am On Dec 24, 2014
Sounds funny sha... But if this is true, obj's name should be number one

11 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Proposes 'Hall Of Shame' For Criminals by omenka(m): 6:24am On Dec 24, 2014
I think this man's advisers have really messed his brain up completely!! Like hell, is he so oblivious of the shape of his and his wife's image out there in the public?? Is this guy for real??

I'm really surprised here honestly!!

108 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Proposes 'Hall Of Shame' For Criminals by Realist5: 6:28am On Dec 24, 2014
and he will be the first to take the shame.

37 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Proposes 'Hall Of Shame' For Criminals by Nobody: 6:28am On Dec 24, 2014
omenka:
I think this man's advisers have really messed his brain up completely!!

I'm really surprised here honestly!!
dude, can't you guys make a constructive criticism without resulting to name calling for once? Only pple with poor upbringing behave this way.

@topic, it makes sense to me..if you can't fight them, shame them into stoping corruption and criminality. That's classic human logic. Igbos have been using this method since the beginning of time

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Proposes 'Hall Of Shame' For Criminals by wallex1983(m): 6:32am On Dec 24, 2014
liberty300:
Sounds funny sha... But if this is true, obj's name should be number one

Why should it be OBJ? From the news, I heard he conceived that idea while he was bayelsa governor. I think Alameyesia his former boss whom he set free should take the lead. He has no moral justification to put OBJ's name if his former boss and Kashumu's name aren't there.

But the idea could make some sense sha if it isn't another arm of pdp witch hunting agenda

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Proposes 'Hall Of Shame' For Criminals by januzaj(m): 6:34am On Dec 24, 2014
the first five that should be documented are the five presidents
(1) GEJ
(2) PEJ
(3) MADUEKE
(4) IWEALA
(5) STELLA
Buhari2015 #operationKickTheCluelessOut

86 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Proposes 'Hall Of Shame' For Criminals by DavidHume(m): 6:36am On Dec 24, 2014
januzaj:
(1) GEJ
(2) PEJ
(3) MADUEKE
(4) IWEALA
(5) STELLA

The dimension of your truth is unquantifiable. We need a change!

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Proposes 'Hall Of Shame' For Criminals by Dreyl(m): 6:37am On Dec 24, 2014
The shaolin drunkard gej should be the first on list,because he's the most corrupt president ever,imagine a sane person saying stealing ain't corruption,smh.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Proposes 'Hall Of Shame' For Criminals by tit(f): 6:38am On Dec 24, 2014
januzaj:
(1) GEJ
(2) PEJ
(3) MADUEKE
(4) IWEALA
(5) STELLA

i support you.
Abacha is not kworrupt!
Mai $2.8 billion

Sai no Buhari

6 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Proposes 'Hall Of Shame' For Criminals by luvmijeje(f): 6:39am On Dec 24, 2014
President Goodluck Jonathan on Tuesday pushed
for a designated place to be created and named
“Hall of Shame” where names of criminals and
societal misfits will be documented.

Wahala deh o......... How did we get to this point. Jonathan must go back to the Zoo in 2015.

12 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Proposes 'Hall Of Shame' For Criminals by omenka(m): 6:44am On Dec 24, 2014
liberty300:
dude, can't you guys make a constructive criticism without resulting to name calling for once? Only pple with poor upbringing behave this way.

@topic, it makes sense to me..if you can't fight them, shame them into stoping corruption and criminality. That's classic human logic. Igbos have been using this method since the beginning of time
Chief abeg maintain your lane. Where's the insult there??

And only an illiterate wouldn't know the word is "resorting" and not "resulting".

And don't quote me again.

23 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Proposes 'Hall Of Shame' For Criminals by ba7man(m): 6:59am On Dec 24, 2014
Mr Clueless, Criminals belong in jail.............Not putting their names in a "Hall of shame" while they enjoy their loot in freedom.

This GEJ is so unexposed, its nauseating.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Proposes 'Hall Of Shame' For Criminals by benuejosh: 7:03am On Dec 24, 2014
he taught Zoology and he is actually acting like one of those elements in the zoo. GMB till thy Kingdom Come.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Proposes 'Hall Of Shame' For Criminals by teemanbastos(m): 7:06am On Dec 24, 2014
[size=32pt]Na in Otueke he go xtart 4rm wen e finally gets home next year...
Trash.. We are talking of eradicating bokoharam nd corruption, u'r talking of hall of shame, aw dat 1 take tell d govnor of my xtate to pay salary?
I jux dy hope 4 hia[/size]

11 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Proposes 'Hall Of Shame' For Criminals by Nobody: 7:06am On Dec 24, 2014
Jonathan that's where u are going into,straight to hall of shame..

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Proposes 'Hall Of Shame' For Criminals by Abok1(m): 7:06am On Dec 24, 2014

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

- MARK TWAIN

..And our nelipot president has done it again, just like an hamartithia, making inaniloquent utterances. The opposition do not have to utter a word, GEJ is doing a fantastic job at damaging his reputation by the day, that any time he speaks something just goes wrong, more like a comedy of errors which looks funny at first then on further reflection, it feels pathetic. Trying so hard to inspire but ends up like a philosophunculist, going through knismesis.

Just when you are about to believe that GEJ wouldn't make more mistakes, he makes a statement like this and you begin to wonder how did we end up with him in the first place.

I think GEJ's PR guys should be sacked and all his ventripotent aides relieved of their designations, because they are doing a disservice to his second term campaign, making his chances filipendulous.

We don't need an Hall of shame, we need a prison big enough to hold these rogues and their families for the rest of their existence.

17 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Proposes 'Hall Of Shame' For Criminals by johnshagb(m): 7:06am On Dec 24, 2014
What an irony... I bet he's going to be on the list too
Re: President Jonathan Proposes 'Hall Of Shame' For Criminals by phransix147(m): 7:06am On Dec 24, 2014
I think he and his PDP goons will top the list!
Re: President Jonathan Proposes 'Hall Of Shame' For Criminals by GISTForum: 7:07am On Dec 24, 2014
It is a very good development
Re: President Jonathan Proposes 'Hall Of Shame' For Criminals by olusolaj(m): 7:07am On Dec 24, 2014
Better.
Heart attack and HBP for Association of Past Criminals (APC)
Re: President Jonathan Proposes 'Hall Of Shame' For Criminals by GISTForum: 7:08am On Dec 24, 2014
His name would probably be no1 on the list

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Proposes 'Hall Of Shame' For Criminals by Agimor(m): 7:08am On Dec 24, 2014
Brb
Re: President Jonathan Proposes 'Hall Of Shame' For Criminals by jadajada: 7:08am On Dec 24, 2014
we don't want any hall of shame, what we want is long jail term for corrupt politicians.

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Proposes 'Hall Of Shame' For Criminals by anonimi: 7:08am On Dec 24, 2014
Rather than Hall of Shame they should be in a Hell of a Jail.
QED!!!

Granted that our politics may be too complicated with ethno-religious bigotry so pervasive to allow for my option to work now sad

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Proposes 'Hall Of Shame' For Criminals by chiefololade: 7:08am On Dec 24, 2014
Ok... in other news

Happy birthday to me

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Proposes 'Hall Of Shame' For Criminals by AdemolaA2: 7:09am On Dec 24, 2014
jonathan never fails to amaze me.he's really clueless!!!
Re: President Jonathan Proposes 'Hall Of Shame' For Criminals by Pillars1(m): 7:09am On Dec 24, 2014
He Mr President His name should be at the top list.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Violence Breaks Out In Lafiaji, Kwara As Sha'aba Lafiagi Clashes With Protesters / JUST IN: APC Announces New Official Website, Social Media Accounts / Buhari Departs London For Nigeria After London Medical Trip - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.