Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

Buhari Organization Backs Mutiny; Soldiers Are Free To Protest - Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Organization Backs Mutiny; Soldiers Are Free To Protest - Amaechi (18445 Views)

Nigerian Soldiers Are Preparing For The Easter Season In The North. PICS / Jonathan’s Govt Provoked Soldiers Into Mutiny —buhari / Police Uncovers Plans To Protest Amaechi’s Ministerial Nomination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Organization Backs Mutiny; Soldiers Are Free To Protest - Amaechi by OKDnigeria: 12:25pm On Dec 24, 2014
In what could be deemed a significant deviation from the Nigerian Armed Forces’ doctrine, the All Progressives Congress (APC) Presidential Campaign Organisation on Tuesday endorsed the incidents of mutiny by soldiers and officers of the all-volunteer Nigerian Army, who had sworn to defend Nigeria’s territorial integrity, but refused to fight when they were sent to combat terrorism in the North-east.

Enunciating the position of the APC Presidential Campaign Organisation, whose candidate, Muhammadu Buhari, is a retired army major-general, former military head of state and must be conversant with the Nigerian Armed Forces Act, its Director-General (DG) and Rivers State Governor, Chibuike Amaechi, said the soldiers sentenced to death by the Nigerian military authorities were within their rights to protest.
Amaechi made the statement, while briefing newsmen in Lagos on the plans and modalities of how as the DG for the Buhari campaign, his team, whose members would be announced soon, will work for the victory of the APC in next year’s presidential election.
However, it was not clear if the pronouncement by the APC campaign organisation was a new defence policy plank, which it intends to pursue should Buhari win the presidential election, or realpolitiks, which will be a dangerous dimension of bringing the Nigerian Armed Forces into the 2015 election.
According to Amaechi, “The challenge of the Nigerian military is not funding but corruption. Now they want to kill some 50 officers for their own failure to equip them properly to fight terrorism. The soldiers have the right to protest for the federal government’s failure to fully equip them.”
He said Buhari as president will adequately deal with the Boko Haram menace. “I hope that Nigerians will hear the message. The message is simple. Buhari is a strong leader who chased away the Maitatsine terror group. In the same manner, he will chase away Boko Haram.

“Borno was attacked once by Chadian rebels and Buhari then chased them away, even into the border of Chad. He will do that again with the Boko Haram sect. The issue of Boko Haram is not religious but poverty is what will make people go and register with any terrorist group.”
When asked why the APC was waiting for when they get into power to deal with the issue of Boko Haram, Amaechi said: “If we had the power to stop the insurgency we would have done that to salvage the three North-east states presently under emergency rule.”

Contrary to Amaechi’s assertion, the three North-east states are no longer under emergency rule as it expired last month.
According to him, “State governors do not have the power to end the insurgency but the federal government does. The issue of security is in the exclusive list. APC as it stands cannot do anything to end the insurgency because we are not in power.”

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/buhari-campaign-backs-mutiny-says-soldiers-free-to-protest/197554/

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Organization Backs Mutiny; Soldiers Are Free To Protest - Amaechi by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 24, 2014
Hkk

1 Like

Re: Buhari Organization Backs Mutiny; Soldiers Are Free To Protest - Amaechi by MudRaker: 12:37pm On Dec 24, 2014
If you put "D" ahead of Rivers you get...

Drivers.

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Organization Backs Mutiny; Soldiers Are Free To Protest - Amaechi by Caseless: 12:38pm On Dec 24, 2014
You put these men on the frontline, their lives in danger without proper equipment and you dont want them to react?
I support mutiny in this case.
#TEAMSUPPORT4MUTINEERS

85 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Organization Backs Mutiny; Soldiers Are Free To Protest - Amaechi by Caseless: 12:42pm On Dec 24, 2014
MudRaker:
If you put "grin" ahead of Rivers you get...

Drivers.
how come you have an individual to be drivers ? One=plural?
Sms!

30 Likes

Re: Buhari Organization Backs Mutiny; Soldiers Are Free To Protest - Amaechi by temitemi1(m): 12:53pm On Dec 24, 2014
Thank GOD they are nt putin d blame on mr president as usual... GEJ till 2019!!!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Organization Backs Mutiny; Soldiers Are Free To Protest - Amaechi by means(m): 12:53pm On Dec 24, 2014
We are waiting for this insensitive administration to publicly kill the 54 soldiers. Its a disaster waiting to happen. GEJ hurry! Do it! The real army personnel have always complained of lack of superior weapons but the defence cheifs are feeding fat on huge military budgets because the C in C is languishing in corruption. Amaechi is only stating the obvious truth. The very reasons some superpowers like the US are reluctant to step in. Jona dont waste any more time. Do it. We will clap for you.

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Organization Backs Mutiny; Soldiers Are Free To Protest - Amaechi by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 24, 2014
Caseless:
how come you have an individual to be drivers ? One=plural?
Sms!
Because it is Rivers and not River.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Organization Backs Mutiny; Soldiers Are Free To Protest - Amaechi by Orunto: 1:14pm On Dec 24, 2014
"Amaechi, Omo eshin is Omo were." He is an illiterate like his Oga. If he tries anything funny, the security should pick him up and hand him over for military punishment. He is going mutinious.

17 Likes

Re: Buhari Organization Backs Mutiny; Soldiers Are Free To Protest - Amaechi by Cannonleo(m): 1:26pm On Dec 24, 2014
means:
We are waiting for this insensitive administration to publicly kill the 54 soldiers. Its a disaster waiting to happen. GEJ hurry! Do it! The real army personnel have always complained of lack of superior weapons but the defence cheifs are feeding fat on huge military budgets because the C in C is languishing in corruption. Amaechi is only stating the obvious truth. The very reasons some superpowers like the US are reluctant to step in. Jona dont waste any more time. Do it. We will clap for you.

bro they are two ways to the coin.....u have a point defense chiefs has been too lazy and money conscious for the pass 2 decades..
however i have access to the battle space...the issue of proper equipment is now a mantra used by cowards in the army to evade combat...in the days of the jtf..have armor was not deployed to the NE yet insurgents were driven out off maiduguri and saw hell until they changed tactics...if there was no proper equipment BH wont be interested in fielding stolen NA weapons and lotting armories.the fact is that mistakes were made in the start of this war..majority of those mistakes have been corrected. mind u i lost a relative in combat(KIA) so i know what i am saying.
much as i would want discipline to take is rightful direction on this case i would prefare that PRIvates and lance coporals be either jailed or retried..commisioned officers however should face the bullet.....it was an oath they took when joining the army...this war has shown that the military is no big joke..many people i know who had monetary ambitions while trying to join the army have dropped that ambitions after seeing that court martials can take place and hold it judgement..it is complex but one thing must be done...discipline must be preserved shekina

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Organization Backs Mutiny; Soldiers Are Free To Protest - Amaechi by Sylvarresta(m): 1:27pm On Dec 24, 2014
Jonah must go

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Organization Backs Mutiny; Soldiers Are Free To Protest - Amaechi by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 24, 2014
For those who want to contribute to Buhari Campain. here is the account. First Bank account number: 2026724405. Account Name: BUHARI SUPPORT ORGANISATION
Minimum contribution is hundred naira

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Organization Backs Mutiny; Soldiers Are Free To Protest - Amaechi by esere826: 2:07pm On Dec 24, 2014
Amaechi was being extremely dumb and running his mouth like it had diarrhoea
to complete the silliness he go soon tok say wives should not shag their husbands if they vote Jonathan
or that we should shoot all politicians and their families including himself to get rid of corruption

...nonsense

11 Likes

Re: Buhari Organization Backs Mutiny; Soldiers Are Free To Protest - Amaechi by Caseless: 2:15pm On Dec 24, 2014
masterpower:

Because it is Rivers and not River.
hmmmm...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Organization Backs Mutiny; Soldiers Are Free To Protest - Amaechi by Mogidi: 2:42pm On Dec 24, 2014
In the event of a Buhari win, what stops the same soldiers from continuing the mutiny? How would Buhari fight bokoharam if there was continuous mutiny in the army? Amaechi knows Buhari would never win hence the statement.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Organization Backs Mutiny; Soldiers Are Free To Protest - Amaechi by solemate: 3:04pm On Dec 24, 2014
This really show that Amechi is an idiot, how can he glorify indiscipline just because APC is desperate to win.

Nonesence

11 Likes

Re: Buhari Organization Backs Mutiny; Soldiers Are Free To Protest - Amaechi by roqchiq(f): 3:12pm On Dec 24, 2014
I just had to add my 2kobo biko...

Everybody is shouting CHANGE CHANGE, please what kind of change are you proposing, there is bad change and good change. Nigerians should be really careful, because while they are offering you change nobody is making a pristine interpretation of what kind of change they are offering.

secondly, to my civilian knowledge, military is military everywhere, and i am yet to see any military that has the right to protest talk less of mutiny, if this is the kind of change they are offering, then one day they will grant the military the right to plan a coup.

thirdly, i want a good change for my country, i don't want tribal sentiments or religious manipulations, any group or tribe that believes its their god given right to rule the country, who can't bear to see another tribe become president, and thus creates mayhem and chaos, should just pack and go, either Nigeria belongs to all of us, or you carry your own corner, give it a different name and rule as you like.

I don't vote for skewed/undefined change, I don't vote for continuity, I vote for a better Nigeria.

63 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Organization Backs Mutiny; Soldiers Are Free To Protest - Amaechi by gratiaeo(m): 3:28pm On Dec 24, 2014
Amaechi madness have started again

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Organization Backs Mutiny; Soldiers Are Free To Protest - Amaechi by rattlesnake(m): 3:34pm On Dec 24, 2014
Hahaha
Re: Buhari Organization Backs Mutiny; Soldiers Are Free To Protest - Amaechi by Blackchampion(m): 3:35pm On Dec 24, 2014
Trash
Re: Buhari Organization Backs Mutiny; Soldiers Are Free To Protest - Amaechi by Prodeegee(m): 3:35pm On Dec 24, 2014
X
Re: Buhari Organization Backs Mutiny; Soldiers Are Free To Protest - Amaechi by Maczeelly(m): 3:35pm On Dec 24, 2014
No Comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Buhari Organization Backs Mutiny; Soldiers Are Free To Protest - Amaechi by Babyboy1986(m): 3:35pm On Dec 24, 2014
Ok
Re: Buhari Organization Backs Mutiny; Soldiers Are Free To Protest - Amaechi by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 24, 2014
Buhari can "BACK" anything @this point.

#noOffence

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Organization Backs Mutiny; Soldiers Are Free To Protest - Amaechi by Fmdipo(m): 3:36pm On Dec 24, 2014

1 Like

Re: Buhari Organization Backs Mutiny; Soldiers Are Free To Protest - Amaechi by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 24, 2014
Na wash be everything jawee. Both of dem wan take advantage ni
Re: Buhari Organization Backs Mutiny; Soldiers Are Free To Protest - Amaechi by courage54(m): 3:36pm On Dec 24, 2014
Though am not in support of the soldiers action but lets put ourselves in their shoes, and see if we would be able to bear the kind of things those are going through. How will you fight when you are not well equipped with the right tools? how will you fight when your entitlement and incentives has been syphoned by some "OGA AT THE TOP"? How can you fight when there is no motivation from the part of the government and your superior?

MAKE GO PUNISH ANY COMMAND THAT WILL ASK ME TO FIGHT BOKO BOYS WHO ARE WELL ARMED BY THE JONATHAN GOVERNMENT WITH MACHINE GUNS WHILE OUR GALLANT SOLDIERS WILL BE STRUGGLING TO CORK THEIR PUMP ACTION GUN.

IS ONLY A VOTE FOR BUHARI THAT CAN CORRECT ALL THIS ABNORMALITIES.

SAI BUHARI

GOD BLESS NIGERIA
GOD BLESS NIGER-DELTA

26 Likes 1 Share

Meanwhile we just got this document from the Jonathanians, this time we are handing it over to the US government. This shows that Jonathians are blood suckers, they are partly behind Boko Haram and the killing of 1000s of Nigerians just to have power. This time it will NEVER EVER work!

-CramJones

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Organization Backs Mutiny; Soldiers Are Free To Protest - Amaechi by nicflame(m): 3:36pm On Dec 24, 2014
Everybody deserves benefit of the doubt.. Death is not just a punishment that should be passed anyhow
Re: Buhari Organization Backs Mutiny; Soldiers Are Free To Protest - Amaechi by ghostwritter(m): 3:36pm On Dec 24, 2014
VOTE MOHAMMED BUHARI come 2015......it's time for a positve change.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Organization Backs Mutiny; Soldiers Are Free To Protest - Amaechi by donmalcolm21(m): 3:36pm On Dec 24, 2014
This is an incitement for a coup. When the soilders mutin ied they commit treason against the state, this should not be swept under the carpet rather a probe needs to be instituted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan Govt Incurs N5trn Domestic Debt In Five Years / NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down / FG Repaired $2.8m Ship With $18m –late Mbu’s Book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.