Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

People Grab Free Amaechi Dollars - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / People Grab Free Amaechi Dollars (1304 Views)

Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu / Buhari Introduces His Grandchildren To Fayemi, Amaechi (Photo) / Buhari With Amaechi, Fayemi Arrive NewYork For UN 70th Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

People Grab Free Amaechi Dollars by tit(f): 4:37pm On Dec 24, 2014
Hong Kong crash sparks money grab
People left their cars to scramble for cash on a busy road in Hong Kong

Hong Kong police have appealed to the public to return millions of dollars taken after a van transporting HK$525m ($68m; £44m) crashed on a major road.

About HK$35m ($4.5m; £3m) worth of banknotes were left strewn across the tarmac after the road accident.

Witnesses said dozens of people rushed to pocket the cash before armed police arrived to secure the area.

Some HK$20m was retrieved and police warned that failure to return the rest would be "a very serious crime".

The incident happened at lunchtime on one of Hong Kong's busiest roads in the Wan Chai district on Hong Kong Island, causing major disruption as people abandoned their cars to collect the notes.

A shot from above the road in the Wan Chai district of Hong Kong, where the money spilled on to the street - 24 December 2014 Photographs showed banknotes littered across the road in Wan Chai district
Hong Kong police surround boxes of cash after some of the money was retrieved - 24 December 2014 Armed police secured the area after the incident and recovered HK$20m Police officers count banknotes recovered from the scene - 24 December 2014 Police officers were seen counting notes recovered from the scene of the crash
Individual notes were seen spread across the carriageway but witnesses also reported seeing bundles of HK$500 notes wrapped in plastic.

One witness told the South China Morning Post that she saw a "regular looking Hong Kong lady" take at least 10 bundles before leaving the scene.

"She had an armful of bricks of cash - it was as much as she could carry. She just disappeared into the depths of Wan Chai," the witness said.

Speaking shortly afterwards, police superintendent Wan Siu-hong called on those who had picked up any money to hand it over to police as soon as possible.

"If he or she keeps the money for [their] own use, [they] may commit an offence of theft which is a very serious crime under ordinance," he told reporters.

He said police had launched an inquiry into the cause of the accident, adding that they "cannot rule out any possibilities at this moment".

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-30598832
Re: People Grab Free Amaechi Dollars by tit(f): 4:40pm On Dec 24, 2014
this why amaechi cannot pay salary.
his bullion van crash,
his money loss.

i is the lady that picked arm load of brick dollars.

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: People Grab Free Amaechi Dollars by Nobody: 4:44pm On Dec 24, 2014
Return wetin..
Re: People Grab Free Amaechi Dollars by eddyline(m): 5:17pm On Dec 24, 2014
I guess it's d driver's way of saying merry Xmas.
Re: People Grab Free Amaechi Dollars by RockMaxi: 5:36pm On Dec 24, 2014
@OP, you are mischievous.

2 Likes

Re: People Grab Free Amaechi Dollars by CrazyScientist: 6:25pm On Dec 24, 2014
I wish it was in 9ja lipsrsealed
Re: People Grab Free Amaechi Dollars by Nobody: 6:28pm On Dec 24, 2014
op you need this.....

7 Likes

Re: People Grab Free Amaechi Dollars by nduchucks: 6:47pm On Dec 24, 2014
tit:
his bullion van crash,
his money loss.

grin grin grin

SMH
Re: People Grab Free Amaechi Dollars by LegatusGlaber(m): 7:24pm On Dec 24, 2014
Musiwa! Is that you?
Re: People Grab Free Amaechi Dollars by BossAyuk: 7:41pm On Dec 24, 2014
tit:
his bullion van crash,
his money loss.

grin grin grin
Hmm...are you in Rivers State? Who told you he hasn't paid salaries? Here in Cross River State its almost 2 months now and salaries haven't been paid meanwhile a friend working parttime at RSUT surprisingly got his alert two days ago, next day I watched Amaechi on ChannelsTV boldly stating that he has paid salaries.

2 Likes

Re: People Grab Free Amaechi Dollars by sova(m): 7:59pm On Dec 24, 2014
op useless since osman dan fodio era
Re: People Grab Free Amaechi Dollars by otokx(m): 8:12pm On Dec 24, 2014
This is hilarious.
Re: People Grab Free Amaechi Dollars by theV0ice: 8:20pm On Dec 24, 2014
tit:
his bullion van crash,
his money loss.

grin grin grin

cheesy cheesy

Amaechi needs to find job for this girl when APC gets into govt. Na this kind hatred she get for Amaechi dey turn into obsessive love later.

Hi tit, just hold on a while....Amaechi will soon get there wink
Re: People Grab Free Amaechi Dollars by omenka(m): 8:21pm On Dec 24, 2014
Somewhat funny though. But this is what 99% of PDP supporters on Nairaland are, including that mod: clowns!! Hardly ever make any sense.

(1) (Reply)

APC Posters Asks Pertinent Questions From PDP / Photo Of The Day:Goat Eats Up Gen. Buhari's Campaign Poster In Owerri / We’ll Pass Vote Of No Confidence In INEC If… – Fani-kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.