Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,715 members, 7,820,496 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu (40468 Views)

We Won’t Privatise Refineries Says Kachikwu / Nigeria's Oil Production Climbs To 2.1m Barrels Per Day, Says Kachikwu / US Opts To Buy Nigeria’s Crude, Says Kachikwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by Endison: 9:47pm On Feb 14, 2016
Ibe Kachikwu, minister of state for petroleum resources, has revealed that his acceptance to serve the country cost him “at least a million dollars every year”.

Speaking in Abuja on Sunday, Kachikwu said although his former job was more rewarding financially, he decided to serve Nigeria for the love of his fatherland.

He said all hands must be on deck to build enduring institutions that would secure the future of the country and improve on the standard of living of Nigerians.

“The call to public service for me was unique. I was vice-president of Exxon Mobil West Africa and I was suddenly called to serve,” he said.

“In serving, I lose a lot of money, if not at least a million dollars every year by virtue of being a minister, but the thing is, I am directed by the voice of God.

“I believe that this country needs help. I believe that it is about time we began to perform for the young and upcoming. I believe that the sheer capacity of this country is unimaginable.

“I do not know of any country in the world with our population, our resources, our intellect, our flamboyance, our family nexus, everything is together.”

Kachikwu said with the right leadership, the current economic crunch in Nigeria could be surmounted.

He said Nigerians would not feel the impact of the challenges posed by drop in the price of oil if government properly harnessed other natural resources.

“Everything in this country is together; the only thing that is not together is leadership and in God’s name; we are bound to change that,” he said.

“In every little space that you have, and in my own case petroleum, you have to make an absolute change and so I am not worried about price of oil.

“It can be five dollar for all I care. I am worried about the direction of the industry; I am worried about changing things the way they have never done before.

“I am worried about creating opportunities that exist; I am worried about improving the standards of living; I am worried about encouraging opportunities in the sector. I am worried about opening up those opportunities that have existed for years.”

Kachikwu, who is also the group managing director of the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), called on Nigerians to embrace the new philosophy of the present administration geared towards charting a new course for the country.

He asked the people to bury their differences and contribute their quota to the development of the country.

https://www.thecable.ng/kachikwu-serving-nigeria-costs-me-1m-per-year

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by Endison: 9:50pm On Feb 14, 2016
Pls Mr Man, I advise you to go back and enjoy Ur USD1million. You will regret serving under this dullard Buhari.
Don't say I did not warn you!

206 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by idupaul: 9:51pm On Feb 14, 2016
Okonjo Iwealla said same...them don start

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by bukason212(m): 9:53pm On Feb 14, 2016
Endison:
Pls Mr Man, I advise you to go back and enjoy Ur USD1million. You will regret serving under this dullard Buhari.
shut up

296 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by chriskosherbal(m): 9:56pm On Feb 14, 2016
Hmmmm real cash
Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by Tequilah: 9:57pm On Feb 14, 2016
idupaul:
Okonjo Iwealla said same...them don start

No mind dem. angry All that 1 million USD, na hype. cheesy If he wants us to believe him, let him post his tax clearance certificate here, so that we can actually see how much he was earning & how much he paid as PAYE, in order for us to verify his claims. Na who be mumu?? mtcheew!

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by Elosky20: 9:57pm On Feb 14, 2016
soon u will tell us u had no shoe b4

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by Oyiboman69: 10:10pm On Feb 14, 2016
honestly, I really Don urastand war I say in...

1 Like

Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by Elparaiso(m): 11:02pm On Feb 14, 2016
Endison:

I prescribe one tablespoon of sense after every meal.
You are losing sense fast.

195 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by nnamdiosu(m): 11:03pm On Feb 14, 2016
who force u?

9 Likes

Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by kingpole: 11:03pm On Feb 14, 2016
He is just being modest. Theres no way he didnt make over 1 million USD a year working in the upstream petroleum sector.

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by Nobody: 11:03pm On Feb 14, 2016
lol.

comedian
Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by Nobody: 11:04pm On Feb 14, 2016
bukason212:

shut up
.For this response, You are easily the Man Of The Year!!

BTW That minister should be taken to The shrine and asked to repeat that statement under oath.... Let the gods take care of the rest

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by Sweetcollins: 11:05pm On Feb 14, 2016
All na wash

2 Likes

Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by menix(m): 11:05pm On Feb 14, 2016
Kachichukwu onye Nkem re u Planning to take ova from Lie Mohammed

Omo this lie can induce Devil to Coma.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by SirElaw(m): 11:05pm On Feb 14, 2016
God bless you sir.

In other news, our soldiers lay down their live daily to keep us safe. God bless our fallen heroes.

27 Likes

Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by ChristineC: 11:05pm On Feb 14, 2016
He may be speaking the truth.
The man has more cash than he cares to remember.
To be the VP ExxonMobil WA is not fura de nunu

#famfolife

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by Nobody: 11:05pm On Feb 14, 2016
he may be true
Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by Mediapace: 11:05pm On Feb 14, 2016
Oluwa provide a boo o.
Happy val!

2 Likes

Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by Okijajuju1(m): 11:05pm On Feb 14, 2016
Sweet jesus
Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by Elhayjay(f): 11:05pm On Feb 14, 2016
Shoro niyen?

1 Like

Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by hopilo: 11:06pm On Feb 14, 2016
That's my former boss. But Oga na so your money been dey big? we at the lower end no see dollars oooooo

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by onadana: 11:06pm On Feb 14, 2016
coolAs if it's free.
Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by youngguru23(m): 11:07pm On Feb 14, 2016
Mtcheeew... Liar Muhammed Family...
APC full of lies

9 Likes

Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by mazizitonene(m): 11:07pm On Feb 14, 2016
interesting.......so he had that much money.............
Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by Bantino(m): 11:07pm On Feb 14, 2016
“I believe that this country needs help. I believe that it is about time we began to perform for the young and upcoming. I believe that the sheer capacity of this country is unimaginable."

Having said the above why are you making such a statement concerning how much you're losing, OR are you regretting your decision to serve your country already?

10 Likes

Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by maberry(m): 11:07pm On Feb 14, 2016
make we take fear agree

1 Like

Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by BlackOyinbo: 11:07pm On Feb 14, 2016
Me too...I can't count the amount I'm losing on a daily basis. wink

2 Likes

Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by Nobody: 11:07pm On Feb 14, 2016
Ihhh
Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by kennyman2000(m): 11:08pm On Feb 14, 2016
Hmmmmm
Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by truetalknow: 11:09pm On Feb 14, 2016
NONSENSE, LIE LIE BUT IT COULD BE TRUE O. CHAI THE HEART OF MAN SHA, WHO CAN TELL IT!
Re: Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu by Akinz0126(m): 11:10pm On Feb 14, 2016
Oga kachukwu to serve Nigeria is not by force ooooo perhaps you've forgotten that some one was there upon your arrival should you resign today,many more'll still struggle to get there.You sounding like you doing Nigeria a great favour by serving her.Herent nonsense

So please spare us the lamentation

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

List Of Oil Producing States In Nigeria And NDDC Facts You Must Know / Senator Suleiman Othman Hunkuyi Escapes Assassination At APC Meeting In Kaduna / Stella Oduah Used An Expletive During An Interview?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.