Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,147 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

I Won’t Have Office For First Lady - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Have Office For First Lady - Buhari (1749 Views)

I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari / Without Alamieyeseigha, I Won’t Have Been A Former President — Jonathan / I Won't Have Office For First Lady- Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won’t Have Office For First Lady - Buhari by fkaz(m): 7:31am On Dec 26, 2014
Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) retired General Muhammadu Buhari says he will not have an office for first lady if elected in next year’s election.

In an exclusive interview with Weekly Trust in Kaduna, Buhari said his decision was premised on the fact there is no office of first lady in the Nigerian constitution, just as there is no official role for presidents’ wives.

Rather, he said ministries which are constitutional should be allowed to play their roles.

“There is the Ministry of Women Affairs, and so on”, he said.
The APC flag bearer said women would however play very important roles in his administration.

“I was raised by my mother, as I lost my father when I was under six years, so I know what a woman can do if given the chance,”

he said, adding that he sees them as his cornerstone.
General Buhari also spoke on the situation in Chibok, Borno State, where over 200 schoolgirls were abducted by the terrorist group, Boko Haram and remain in their captivity.

“Imagine a mother with a teenage daughter there and for seven months and has no clue where she is”, he said, noting that women’s effort in looking after children, apart from the pain of childbirth, aggravates the pain of losing a child.

“Roughly one year in their tummy and from the time they are born until they clock six, children tend to assume they know everything, but it is women, their mothers, who are responsible for them. I have the greatest respect for women,” he said.

See full interview tomorrow in the Weekly Trust

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/top-stories/42969-i-won-t-have-office-for-first-lady-buhari

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Have Office For First Lady - Buhari by Caseless: 7:35am On Dec 26, 2014
That's somebody who's ready to work. Unlike our weak gej who gave that semi-illiterate the power of C-in-C in the name of firstlady. The people's general has said NO to that firstlady bullshìt.
As far as we're concerned , every Nigerian woman is a firstlady irrespective of her status in the society and, not directing the whole respect to a certain lady shrek.
Allah ya bada sa'a janar!

7 Likes

Re: I Won’t Have Office For First Lady - Buhari by SeverusSnape(m): 7:37am On Dec 26, 2014
Okay...That's nice
Re: I Won’t Have Office For First Lady - Buhari by mistabiola: 7:37am On Dec 26, 2014
This is a laudable initiative

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Have Office For First Lady - Buhari by fkaz(m): 7:39am On Dec 26, 2014
Vote Buhari/Osinbanjo for 2015

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Have Office For First Lady - Buhari by YomiOsibanjoOffi(m): 7:41am On Dec 26, 2014
That's the people's General

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Have Office For First Lady - Buhari by Buchianom(m): 7:41am On Dec 26, 2014
Lies from the pit of hell.

adonbelivit until his wife responds.
Re: I Won’t Have Office For First Lady - Buhari by adeokunade: 7:41am On Dec 26, 2014
Sai Buhari
Re: I Won’t Have Office For First Lady - Buhari by brownlord: 7:42am On Dec 26, 2014
Good thinking...But
Re: I Won’t Have Office For First Lady - Buhari by ULSHERLAN(m): 7:45am On Dec 26, 2014
Why will you?. It's constitutionally not right and anybody doing it is constitutionally not sane angry
Re: I Won’t Have Office For First Lady - Buhari by Flets: 7:46am On Dec 26, 2014
Is it not funny

What is Buhari's plan for the economy? What is he going to differently in the agricultural, power, automobile sectors that thw current FG is not doing?
How does he plan to fight corruption... probe Tinubu, Amaechi, Atiku etc? How does he plan to sanitize the corrupt judiciary? Those are the campaign points

The office of the first lady is not Nigeria's problem

3 Likes

Re: I Won’t Have Office For First Lady - Buhari by watered(m): 7:49am On Dec 26, 2014
Nice one and a good move. Let his wife respond to the statement first.

Meanwhile if he likes let him not have SA's and Minister for States, GEJ will still do what he has always done to GMB over the years; which is WIN.

Amaechi has said that the APC APEpissing will form a parallel government should they lose. To Amaechi and his cabals that statement is treason and they should be prepared for the judiciary in some months to come.

GEJ till 2019 after which David Mark continues...

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Have Office For First Lady - Buhari by Caseless: 7:49am On Dec 26, 2014
Buchianom:

people like you wont even believe jesus is son of mary; you dont believe anything.
Btw, go and check his record as head of state, if you'd hear or see where he displayed his wife as the firstlady. Kwankwaso did it, why can't buhari do it?
Re: I Won’t Have Office For First Lady - Buhari by mperoakeem(m): 7:49am On Dec 26, 2014
yes, dats d right man 4 d job... Am sick of first lady, wu born dem, and dey were once a shidren... Chaiii, and jona no fit cal im wife 2 order... Diaris God o

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Have Office For First Lady - Buhari by oduastates: 7:49am On Dec 26, 2014
30% of the problems solved already.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Have Office For First Lady - Buhari by lawrencemleopo: 7:50am On Dec 26, 2014
that saves a lot of money and unnecessary attention.

Re: I Won’t Have Office For First Lady - Buhari by mperoakeem(m): 7:51am On Dec 26, 2014
Buchianom:

see, if u dont av anytin 2 say, u keep quite.. Its nt a must u comment
Re: I Won’t Have Office For First Lady - Buhari by Nobody: 7:52am On Dec 26, 2014
Nigerians can't swallow those infantile gimmick all in a bid for power and work on the psychology of feeble minded fellow.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Have Office For First Lady - Buhari by Nobody: 7:54am On Dec 26, 2014
It's not the office. It's the way the women operate it. Mrs. Babangida added glamour to the office of the first lady and didn't get directly involved in governance. Mrs. Stella Obasanjo acted as a bridge builder and moderated on her husband's rash and impulsive attitude.
Re: I Won’t Have Office For First Lady - Buhari by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 26, 2014
Well said buhari.
Re: I Won’t Have Office For First Lady - Buhari by adamskutty(m): 8:14am On Dec 26, 2014
watered:
Nice one and a good move. Let his wife respond to the statement first.

Meanwhile if he likes let him not have SA's and Minister for States, GEJ will still do what he has always done to GMB over the years; which is WIN.

Amaechi has said that the APC APEpissing will form a parallel government should they lose. To Amaechi and his cabals that statement is treason and they should be prepared for the judiciary in some months to come.

so no hope for an igbo president? grin

Chaai! grin

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Have Office For First Lady - Buhari by 9jii(m): 8:16am On Dec 26, 2014
THIS THE CHANGE WE WANT

GMB N OSIBANJO ARE THE ANSWER
Re: I Won’t Have Office For First Lady - Buhari by emmasege: 8:19am On Dec 26, 2014
The man is already counting his chicks b4 the eggs are hatched. I hope the grandpa has got a very good physician that'll manage his health conditions after February, because unrealized optimism dey cause heart attack o. He needs to stay alive to contest against GEJs successor in 2019 o.
Re: I Won’t Have Office For First Lady - Buhari by Gboliwe: 8:22am On Dec 26, 2014
Ofcourse! I will be shocked if that happens. Is this not the oppressor talking again? Allow Madam first lady shine? Impossible!

BTW, this man keep getting petty and petty, how is this relevant to what's on the table now?

SMH
Re: I Won’t Have Office For First Lady - Buhari by ISpiksDaTroof: 8:22am On Dec 26, 2014
Flets:
Is it not funny

What is Buhari's plan for the economy? What is he going to differently in the agricultural, power, automobile sectors that thw current FG is not doing?
How does he plan to fight corruption... probe Tinubu, Amaechi, Atiku etc? How does he plan to sanitize the corrupt judiciary? Those are the campaign points

The office of the first lady is not Nigeria's problem
Nothing this man does will satisfy you, not even if he piggy backs you everywhere you have to go so you don't have to walk.

The hate is inbred in you and your kins. The world knows. Keep it up
Re: I Won’t Have Office For First Lady - Buhari by ISpiksDaTroof: 8:26am On Dec 26, 2014
watered:

I thought GMB contested against GEJ only once?

David Mark?! OK, you need to get your head checked.
Re: I Won’t Have Office For First Lady - Buhari by Chaleeee: 8:30am On Dec 26, 2014
The real reason why he won't have first lady is because he doesn't know which one to pick to occupy that position from his harem of wives.

If he really wants my vote, buhary should openly declare that he will not islamatize Nigeria if he by chance wins the election.

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Have Office For First Lady - Buhari by ejiro2130(m): 8:46am On Dec 26, 2014
At least one of the presidential candidate has a working brain cell
Re: I Won’t Have Office For First Lady - Buhari by neily(f): 8:59am On Dec 26, 2014
He definitely does not want to offend his latest wife. After all there is nothing like OFTFL. Why the fuss?

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Have Office For First Lady - Buhari by ofeco: 9:00am On Dec 26, 2014
is the office of the First Lady Nigerian's major problem? we need young Nigerian leader not an aged for president

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Have Office For First Lady - Buhari by ogb5(m): 9:01am On Dec 26, 2014
We know you will not have the office of 1st lady. As a weakling your wife will be the one ruling just like yar ardua wife was ruling, and tinubu will be dealing with her directly. She has started the state visit to tinubu already.
Re: I Won’t Have Office For First Lady - Buhari by watered(m): 9:33am On Dec 26, 2014
You that your head has been checked read this: GEJ and PDP are one! So ask your misinformed self how many times and under how many parties has your Daura-born aspirant contested? Less I forget happy boxing day.

GEJ till 2019 after which David Alechenu Mark will continue
ISpiksDaTroof:
I thought GMB contested against GEJ only once?

David Mark?! OK, you need to get your head checked.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Some Newly Acquired Weapon Transported To The Front-line (Pictures) / APC Senior Party Men Destroy Articles In Assumpta Cathedral Owerri, Imo (pics) / President Jonathan Gets Another Endorsement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.