Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Without Alamieyeseigha, I Won’t Have Been A Former President — Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Without Alamieyeseigha, I Won’t Have Been A Former President — Jonathan (31618 Views)

I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG / Without Alamieyeseigha Nobody Would Have Known Me – Jonathan / Update On Diepreye Alamieyeseigha’s Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Without Alamieyeseigha, I Won’t Have Been A Former President — Jonathan by ionsman: 6:44pm On May 30, 2015
Former President Goodluck Jonathan on Saturday attributed his successful political career to the efforts of former governor of Bayelsa, Chief DSP Alamieyeseigha.

Jonathan, who was speaking at the thanksgiving service to round-off the civic reception organised in his honour by the Bayelsa Government, said he remained grateful to the former governor.

Jonathan, who equally expressed gratitude to his aides and associates, said Alamieyeseigha discovered, mentored and brought him into politics.
“I am grateful to my aides and all those that worked with me to ensure our success.

“The business community, some of whom are here with us, on behalf of myself and wife, we thank you, we owe you so much.

“I will not forget to thank Chief DSP Alamieyeseigha, without him, I won’t have been here talking about being a former president.

“At a time I was not even thinking about being a commissioner in the state, he invited me to run with him.

“Of course that is why I am here to also thank him, without him, it would not have been possible, nobody would have heard about Jonathan,” he said.
Jonathan said that even as a former president, he remained committed to the development of his community, Bayelsa and the nation at large.

Speaking earlier, Gov. Seriake Dickson of Bayelsa noted that the feat attained by former president as a ‘Hero of Democracy’ was an act of God and justified the need for the thanksgiving service.

Dr Uma Ukpai, Guest Speaker at the event held at St Peters Anglican Church, Yenagoa, noted that Jonathan remained consistent despite the various obstacles that confronted him.

He described him as a considerate leader observing that obstacles in life were meant to make people resilient.

“If in life, you have no problem, it means that God has forgotten you and the devil has rejected you.
“We are measured in life by the enormity of the problems we solve,” Ukpai said.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Rev Ayo Oritsejiafor, President of Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), led other clergymen in offering prayers for Jonathan, Bayelsa and for peace and security in Nigeria.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/without-alamieyeseigha-i-wont-have-been-a-former-president-jonathan/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Without Alamieyeseigha, I Won’t Have Been A Former President — Jonathan by Mynd44: 6:49pm On May 30, 2015
And he is also one of the reasons people turned against you.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Without Alamieyeseigha, I Won’t Have Been A Former President — Jonathan by Sylverbox(m): 6:54pm On May 30, 2015
Well that is good. One of the reasons we sent u back home, so u can have real good time thanking him and sharing in his pot of wisdom too... Peace out!

48 Likes

Re: Without Alamieyeseigha, I Won’t Have Been A Former President — Jonathan by RaDaZaBaNa(m): 6:58pm On May 30, 2015
Some people go just wan spoil their Small good image with another rubbish..
All kudos shld go to d pple who elected and then to Almighty God ..not a Convicted And Corrupt ex Governor who his Govt granted State pardon

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without Alamieyeseigha, I Won’t Have Been A Former President — Jonathan by captainBIAFRA(m): 7:07pm On May 30, 2015
cool

1 Like

Re: Without Alamieyeseigha, I Won’t Have Been A Former President — Jonathan by generaluthman: 7:08pm On May 30, 2015
E don tey wey I comment last and una no ask of me

4 Likes

Re: Without Alamieyeseigha, I Won’t Have Been A Former President — Jonathan by coolhamid(m): 7:08pm On May 30, 2015
This dude appear simple when he talks but appears different in his actions.
You got it wrong when you tried to engage in ethno-religion politics...

No doubt, Nigerians would surely miss you..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without Alamieyeseigha, I Won’t Have Been A Former President — Jonathan by Nobody: 7:09pm On May 30, 2015
Corruption Charges Alamieyeseigha

United Kingdom

Diepreye Alamieyeseigha was detained in London on charges of money laundering in September 2005. At the time of his arrest, Metropolitan police found about £1m in cash in his London home. Later they found a total of £1.8m ($3.2m) in cash and bank accounts.[4] He has been found to own real estate in London worth an alleged £10 million.[citation needed] His state's monthly federal allocation for the last six years has been in the order of £32 million.[citation needed] He jumped bail in December 2005 from the United Kingdom by allegedly disguising himself as a woman, though Alamieyeseigha denies this claim.[5]

Nigeria

On July 26, 2007, Alamieyeseigha pled guilty before a Nigerian court to six charges and was sentenced to two years in prison on each charge; however, because the sentences were set to run concurrently and the time was counted from the point of his arrest nearly two years before the sentences, his actual sentence was relatively short. Many of his assets were ordered to be forfeited to the Bayelsa state government. According to Alamieyeseigha, he only pled guilty due to his age and would have fought the charges had he been younger.[6] On July 27, just hours after being taken to prison, he was released due to time already served.[7]

In April 2009, Alamieyeseigha pledged a donation of 3,000,000 Naira to the Akassa Development Foundation.[citation needed]

In December 2009, the federal government hired a British law firm to help dispose of four expensive properties acquired by Alamieyeseigha in London. Alamieyeseigha had bought one of these properties for £1,750,000.00 in July 2003, paying in cash. Diepreye Solomon Peter Alamieyeseigha used it as his London residence, and as the registered office of Solomon and Peters Inc.[8]
United States

On June 28, 2012, the United States (US) Department of Justice (DoJ) announced that it had executed an asset forfeiture order on $401,931 in a Massachusetts brokerage fund, traceable to Alamieyeseigha. US prosecutors filed court papers in April 2011 targeting the Massachusetts brokerage fund and a $600,000 Maryland home, which they alleged were the proceeds of corruption. A motion for default judgement and civil forfeiture was granted by a Massachusetts federal district judge in early June 2012. The forfeiture order was the first to be made under the DoJ’s fledgling Kleptocracy Asset Recovery Initiative.[9]
Pardon

On 12 March 2013, Alamieyeseigha was pardoned by President Goodluck Jonathan, but his pardoning was criticised by many.[10][11]

Criminal pardoned criminal

WikiPedia

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without Alamieyeseigha, I Won’t Have Been A Former President — Jonathan by Maxtermind(m): 7:09pm On May 30, 2015
FAREWELL MR FORMER PRESIDENT....

6 Likes

Re: Without Alamieyeseigha, I Won’t Have Been A Former President — Jonathan by aieromon(m): 7:09pm On May 30, 2015
Please extend my regards to your mentor.

2 Likes

Re: Without Alamieyeseigha, I Won’t Have Been A Former President — Jonathan by Nobody: 7:09pm On May 30, 2015
Nice
Re: Without Alamieyeseigha, I Won’t Have Been A Former President — Jonathan by omojeesu(m): 7:09pm On May 30, 2015
Good sentiments, but doesn't stand in the face of rule of law.

2 Likes

SahelBanker:
Your criminal benefactor.
No wonder you granted him pardon.
Corruption Caesar, Good luck Egbele Jonathief.
Dannyset:
Is that why u pardon a Thief?
Or ur still emphasising that stealing is not corruption? This man remain clueless.
His cluelessness is legendary!
He granted him pardon so that:
1. He can recite "...and forgive our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us" in the Lord's prayer [in the Holy Bible] with ease - If you are a christian.
2. He can sing "...let he who is without sin be the first to cast the stone" by Asa without trouble - If you are not.

8 Likes

Re: Without Alamieyeseigha, I Won’t Have Been A Former President — Jonathan by Firefire(m): 7:10pm On May 30, 2015
Glory be to God!

Some elements have factory fitted hatred for Dr. Goodluck, but God pass all of una.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without Alamieyeseigha, I Won’t Have Been A Former President — Jonathan by Dannyset(m): 7:10pm On May 30, 2015
Is that why u pardoned a Thief?
Or ur still emphasising that stealing is not corruption? This man remain clueless.
His cluelessness is legendary!

6 Likes

Re: Without Alamieyeseigha, I Won’t Have Been A Former President — Jonathan by hedonistic: 7:10pm On May 30, 2015
Gratitude is one of the most difficult virtues, but one of the most noble. Gratitude is often a burden, while revenge is a pleasure - according to Tacitus.

It is easy to attribute one's success to one's own "hardwork", "intelligence", "waka well", "jazz", and other vainglorious manifestations of self-delusion. It takes a truly great human being to humbly admit to the roles played by fate and people in one's life journey.

I have only recently forgiven Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan for not doing what he should have done to serve a second term. I insulted him out of sheer frustration, but after all is said and done, I honestly consider him a big inspiration. Many aspects of his life and personal conduct are worthy of emulation.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without Alamieyeseigha, I Won’t Have Been A Former President — Jonathan by condralbede(m): 7:10pm On May 30, 2015
yea
Re: Without Alamieyeseigha, I Won’t Have Been A Former President — Jonathan by bonechamberlain(m): 7:10pm On May 30, 2015
oga Good luck I think its time to forget about the past.. start planning for the future
Re: Without Alamieyeseigha, I Won’t Have Been A Former President — Jonathan by tpiadotcom: 7:10pm On May 30, 2015
Re: Without Alamieyeseigha, I Won’t Have Been A Former President — Jonathan by moreInchies: 7:10pm On May 30, 2015
shattap dir, is OBJ and Yar adau undecided

Re: Without Alamieyeseigha, I Won’t Have Been A Former President — Jonathan by obinnafred(m): 7:10pm On May 30, 2015
U are good man I kn that.

1 Like

Re: Without Alamieyeseigha, I Won’t Have Been A Former President — Jonathan by Nobody: 7:10pm On May 30, 2015
Good

1 Like

Re: Without Alamieyeseigha, I Won’t Have Been A Former President — Jonathan by kilmix: 7:10pm On May 30, 2015
After all said and done about Alams, you cannot deny the fact that Alams was the foundation of Jona's politics... while OBJ brought him to limelight.

These same 2 people contributed to his downfall.

A great lesson for all.

Meanwhile...

ARSENAL : With their usual nonchalance, they Managed to cling the worthless silverware.

Watch their fans let 'all hell break loose' on here.

I only blame Aston Villa for being a worthless pleb... with the 'impy' show they put up today. *smd*

3 Likes

Re: Without Alamieyeseigha, I Won’t Have Been A Former President — Jonathan by OzMingle(m): 7:10pm On May 30, 2015
Why are their no live media coverage of these localized events? AIT n NTA watz xup?

1 Like

Re: Without Alamieyeseigha, I Won’t Have Been A Former President — Jonathan by MKO4ever(m): 7:11pm On May 30, 2015
This man nor deserve to rule this country

1 Like

Re: Without Alamieyeseigha, I Won’t Have Been A Former President — Jonathan by SahelBanker: 7:11pm On May 30, 2015
Your criminal benefactor.

No wonder you granted him pardon.

Corruption Caesar, Good luck Egbele Jonathief.

4 Likes

Re: Without Alamieyeseigha, I Won’t Have Been A Former President — Jonathan by helovesme(f): 7:11pm On May 30, 2015
So this explains why you gave a wanted man with an arrest warrant over serious financial crime dangling over his head Presidential pardon abi? undecided

I dare Alams to step in the UK/EU or the US. Even with his "presidential pardon", he won't dare make such a trip because I trust the UK government to dig out another criminal charge against him.

The day he granted Alams that presidential pardon was the very day he was written off completely as a joker by the international community.

9 Likes

Re: Without Alamieyeseigha, I Won’t Have Been A Former President — Jonathan by omojeesu(m): 7:11pm On May 30, 2015
By this act he went against his oaths of office and allegiance ...

2 Likes

Re: Without Alamieyeseigha, I Won’t Have Been A Former President — Jonathan by mofebic03(f): 7:12pm On May 30, 2015
Dis oritsejafor always followin jonathan anywia.....hmmmm. I dey worry for the naija christiandom ooo

3 Likes

Re: Without Alamieyeseigha, I Won’t Have Been A Former President — Jonathan by Antell95(m): 7:12pm On May 30, 2015
embarassed
Re: Without Alamieyeseigha, I Won’t Have Been A Former President — Jonathan by folabayo1(f): 7:13pm On May 30, 2015
Na u sabi undecided
Thank God say u don swerve grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” / Stowaway Daniel Ohikhena, Resumes School With Security Men / Friday Makama Attacked By Thugs At Kogi House Of Assembly Complex (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.