Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,100 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? (21783 Views)

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin / Does God Already Know Those That Will Go To Hell? / How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by dolphinheart(m): 10:24pm On Aug 02, 2015
Ranchhoddas:
does God know the exact option a person will take?Yes or no.Stop the hide and seek.

If he chooses to, he can. He can even arrange our options for his will to be done.
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by finofaya: 10:36pm On Aug 02, 2015
An omniscient God can know what you'll do next without having to interfere with your freewill. It somewhat like seeing a movie you've seen before; you know what's going to happen next but you didn't determine that it'll happen.

If there is nothing outside the control of this omniscient God however (and God also created everything other than God), then God has decided each of your actions for you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Ranchhoddas: 5:38am On Aug 03, 2015
dolphinheart:

If he chooses to, he can. He can even arrange our options for his will to be done.
so there is no freewill afterall?

1 Like

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by dolphinheart(m): 10:19pm On Aug 03, 2015
Ranchhoddas:
so there is no freewill afterall?

There is free will.
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Ranchhoddas: 8:26am On Aug 04, 2015
dolphinheart:

There is free will.
does God know the eventual outcome of my freewill?
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by dolphinheart(m): 4:08pm On Aug 04, 2015
Ranchhoddas:
does God know the eventual outcome of my freewill?

God knows all the eventual outcomes of ur freewill
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by 2good(m): 4:22pm On Aug 04, 2015
Orunto:
Once you are "Born Again", you are out of the destiny of evil. Your prayers should thenceforth be "lead us not into temptation and deliver us from evil."
Very useless answer

1 Like

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Ranchhoddas: 4:48pm On Aug 04, 2015
dolphinheart:

God knows all the eventual outcomes of ur freewill
continue pretending as if you do not understand my question.Does God know whether you will go to heaven?

3 Likes

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by dolphinheart(m): 5:10pm On Aug 04, 2015
Ranchhoddas:
continue pretending as if you do not understand my question.Does God know whether you will go to heaven?

Haba! Did I not answer you! Where is the pretense in my answer.
God knows all the possible decisions/actions you might take/decide . Ur decision will then determine your future after death.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Ranchhoddas: 5:12pm On Aug 04, 2015
dolphinheart:

Haba! Did I not answer you! Where is the pretense in my answer.
God knows all the possible decisions/actions you might take/decide . Ur decision will then determine your future after death.
I am tired of this discussion.Bye.

3 Likes

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by dolphinheart(m): 5:14pm On Aug 04, 2015
Ranchhoddas:
I am tired of this discussion.Bye.
Ok. bye.

3 Likes

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by gabazin080(m): 8:43am On Jun 19, 2016
cc lalasticlala
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Iamlordgee(m): 11:59am On Jun 19, 2016
See funny Questions.

Woah.. Since 2014
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Kingspin(m): 12:01pm On Jun 19, 2016
gabazin080:
i used to hear people say dis always. when something happened you see people say its GOD, that God knows about it. they say he already knows and has programmed everything that will happen to humans. if this is true then it means if I sin now he already knows I will. it means he already knows I will create this topic today. it also means am not @ fault for any sin I commit because he has already programmed my activities and know I will sin.
I asked my boss who happens to be a pastor dis question and his reply didn't answer my question. so nairalanders I want your views on this. is it true GOD has known everything that will happen to us
Yourself can be classify as a god also. For that reason you have the authority to end or continue your actions.
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Chuksemi(m): 12:01pm On Jun 19, 2016
malvisguy212:
you have freewill to love God or hate him, God will not interfere in your decision,God know Adam will eat the fruit, but God did not interfere, it's a choice, abandon your favourite sin or continue, God will only give you pastors to advice you.

Read your comment again, slowly. If He knows Adam would eat the fruit eventually, of what use is it advising him? If God knows our every move, then the idea of free choice is defeated. We are therefore, robots who carry out the predetermined will of the Father.
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Kezifils(m): 12:02pm On Jun 19, 2016
Thread making frontpage after 2 years. Destiny can be delayed but nt denied. Lol

7 Likes

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Einl(m): 12:03pm On Jun 19, 2016
Orunto:
Once you are "Born Again", you are out of the destiny of evil. Your prayers should thenceforth be "lead us not into temptation and deliver us from evil."

you didn't answer the question.
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by bastien: 12:05pm On Jun 19, 2016
Kezifils:
Thread making frontpage after 2 years. Destiny can be delayed but nt denied. Lol
lol no be small thing
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by horlus(m): 12:05pm On Jun 19, 2016
gabazin080:
i used to hear people say dis always. when something happened you see people say its GOD, that God knows about it. they say he already knows and has programmed everything that will happen to humans. if this is true then it means if I sin now he already knows I will. it means he already knows I will create this topic today. it also means am not @ fault for any sin I commit because he has already programmed my activities and know I will sin.
I asked my boss who happens to be a pastor dis question and his reply didn't answer my question. so nairalanders I want your views on this. is it true GOD has known everything that will happen to us

Iv always asked the same question.
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Dinhodinho(m): 12:07pm On Jun 19, 2016
FALLACY! FALLACY!! FALLACY!!!
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Sermwell(m): 12:08pm On Jun 19, 2016
malvisguy212:
you have freewill to love God or hate him, God will not interfere in your decision,God know Adam will eat the fruit, but God did not interfere, it's a choice, abandon your favourite sin or continue, God will only give you pastors to advice you.
that means the so called freewill is not a freewill afterall because I will still be punish for exercising my own freewill the way I choose

1 Like

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by spiralwedge(m): 12:10pm On Jun 19, 2016
gabazin080:
thanx bro. bt now it means God hasn't programmed all our acts. cus if he didn't plan 4 urs 2 sin @ dis minute and we did, den it means we av spoiled his plans. and dat he doesn't know all dat will apun 2 us.
explain more pls

No, God made us in his image, that is we have free will and free to make our choices. He did not create robots.
Nonetheless, He knows everything and knows that man is naturally wicked (after the fall of Adam) and sinful; and that explains why He had to bring Jesus to the picture.
So, in our fallen nature we are destined to sin. But that's not God's will for us. Through repentance and forgiveness He gives through Jesus, sin is no more a big deal. Through Jesus, one can overcome the temptation to sin, and if one falls, one can be reconciled to God. So, you see that sin is not a problem. I say that because when you believe and trust God everyday, you will not want to sin.
As long as you are alive and can always go to God through Jesus, He is ready to forget and forgive our pasts and move on from there.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by nairalandbuzz(m): 12:12pm On Jun 19, 2016
gabazin080:

Guy don't be deceived... The truth is that God has the possibility of events that might occur depending on ur choice of action. Everything is based on the power of choice he has given us.

It depends on u if u want to eat but the possible outcome is that if u eat, u will get natural vitamins from food b filled and be assured that tomorrow looks good provided all is well but if u don't eat, u might go hungry and.might not miss vitamins as u might be taking vit tabs.

So God knows the end from the beginning but it is ur job to choose the beginning.

4 Likes

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Owliver(m): 12:13pm On Jun 19, 2016
spiralwedge:

No, God made us in his image, that is we have free will and free to make our choices. He did not create robots.
Nonetheless, He knows everything and knows that man is naturally wicked (after the fall of Adam) and sinful; and that explains why He had to bring Jesus to the picture.
So, in our fallen nature we are destined to sin. But that's not God's will for us. Through repentance and forgiveness He gives through Jesus, sin is no more a big deal. Through Jesus, one can overcome the temptation to sin, and if one falls, one can be reconciled to God. So, you see that sin is not a problem. I say that because when you believe and trust God everyday, you will not want to sin.
As long as you are alive and can always go to God through Jesus, He is ready to forget and forgive our pasts and move on from there.
so our free will is stronger than the will of god? interesting.

1 Like

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by infofta(m): 12:15pm On Jun 19, 2016
God created us and gave us free will. The power to decide for ourselves. He didn't create us like robots.
Do what is right. Your have the power to turn things around.
He can know what you will become, but your fate is in your hands.
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jun 19, 2016
gabazin080:
thanx bro. bt now it means God hasn't programmed all our acts. cus if he didn't plan 4 urs 2 sin @ dis minute and we did, den it means we av spoiled his plans. and dat he doesn't know all dat will apun 2 us.
explain more pls
God has given you the power of choice. If you sin, it yourself act and not the doing of God
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by ayindejimmy(m): 12:17pm On Jun 19, 2016
gabazin080:
but this still doesn't answer my above question 4 u
there are always two options in life. Good or bad, Godly or evil.

the moment Eve ate the forbidden fruit that gives the knowledge of good and bad , man has had the freewill to make a choice between good and evil. whichever choice we make, we'll live with the consequences- negative or positive. Cos we could av chosen to do otherwise.

however, there are certain people that are predestined for destruction and they will walk that path whether they want it or not. Examples are king Pharaoh and 'Jabesi'
'Jabesi' changed is situation through fervent prayers but Pharaoh was destroyed in his ignorance.

Nevertheless, our God is a merciful God and there is no mountain the prayer of a remorseful and righteous soul cannot overcome ....if you believe.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by spiralwedge(m): 12:17pm On Jun 19, 2016
Sermwell:
that means the so called freewill is not a freewill afterall because I will still be punish for exercising my own freewill the way I choose

It is free will because nobody is forcing to make your choices. But every decision has consequences.
What God does is that He allows you to know the consequences of all of your options and advise you to make the best for your own benefit.
On the other hand, Satan deceives you of the consequences of your options/actions. For instance, he deceives you of being very rich by doing rituals and killing your children and wives. Yes, you will be rich, but what about the killings? The consequences of that, Satan will hide it or deceive you into it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Owliver(m): 12:17pm On Jun 19, 2016
nairalandbuzz:

Guy don't be deceived... The truth is that God has the possibility of events that might occur depending on ur choice of action. Everything is based on the power of choice he has given us.

It depends on u if u want to eat but the possible outcome is that if u eat, u will get natural vitamins from food b filled and be assured that tomorrow looks good provided all is well but if u don't eat, u might go hungry and.might not miss vitamins as u might be taking vit tabs.

So God knows the end from the beginning but it is ur job to choose the beginning.
if I eat I know the outcome. if I don't I know the outcome. that's common sense. does that make me a god? interesting.
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by ikombe: 12:17pm On Jun 19, 2016
Orunto:
wetin dis wan dey talk

1 Like

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by BBcool: 12:18pm On Jun 19, 2016
The life we are all living now is a play out of the script written by god and every individual person u are seeing is anly a character playing out in this adventure of life (god). Everything happening was known b4 materialisation because the spiritual controls the physical.

Now who/what is god?
You are wrong to say there is no god.
And god is not individual entity somewhere, separate from u or where u are.
God is life... god is spirit, god is love, god is one.
And god knows all things...
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by spiralwedge(m): 12:20pm On Jun 19, 2016
Owliver:
so our free will is stronger than the will of god? interesting.

Our freewill is a product of God's will.
He created us to be like him.... that is, to know what is right and wrong and then choose rightly. That, I think is what makes us mini-gods, unlike animals.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

5 Supernatural Experiences You Will Have When You Genuinely Encounter God... / Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? / Dr Olukoya Of Mfm Place Embargo On Wearing Of Trouser By Female To Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.