Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? (21809 Views)

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin / Does God Already Know Those That Will Go To Hell? / How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by nairalandbuzz(m): 5:35pm On Jun 19, 2016
ndPeter:

So, the prediction in Revelations is just a possibility then?

Yes... Stated in that revelations.. That Angel Michael will fight them and based on previous records, he will surely win and overcome.
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by nairalandbuzz(m): 5:37pm On Jun 19, 2016
Owliver:
then you are a fool. we are talking mainly about god's will or destiny not humans will here.

did you have to go read my previous post and use that against me? that says alit about you. stupid idiot.

slowpoke like you parading as defender of god.

I don't have to exchange abusive words with you. Only a fool would do that.

Go back to our chain of discussions...
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Youngmaster0(m): 5:46pm On Jun 19, 2016
Richydos:

U just said God knew Adam will be sinning n though he gave him d freewill of making his decision...... N if God truly knew he was gonna sin against him... Y banish n curse him when he actually sinned.... Can u pls explain

N if God truly knew he was gonna sin against him... Y banish n curse him when he actually sinned.... Can u pls explain

Because God knows that Adam has the freewill not to commit that sin atol
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by achorladey: 5:57pm On Jun 19, 2016
Until people get to understand the four features of God( love, justice wisdom and power) and how he uses each one of them you can never fully understand him.
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by victorazy(m): 6:09pm On Jun 19, 2016
gabazin080:
but this still doesn't answer my above question 4 u.
even terrorist and fake prophets everywhere should not be blamed because it has already been written that all this will happen in the endtime
Bros! Pray and read ur bible you will start understanding what is therein.

"What I have for you is of good, not evil" that is God's plan for man. What we 'r living is God's plan B life Adam chosed for us. God has written the good will of ur life even before u were born and the Devil is only here to still it, change it, and destoy it if u allow him or if God permit it based on grace.
Every man is on his own race to go back to God "garden of eden" ur entitled to sin God doesn't know about it but the only thing he knows is that he built immunity in you to rise above sin, that's all.
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Owliver(m): 6:11pm On Jun 19, 2016
Sugarhugs:

I don't have to argue with a fool
yeah that could only be your last defence. fools are not actually foolish, just a difference in understanding. a professor could be a mad man to you but surely he understands what he says. so being a fool is not actually bad.
cheers.
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Owliver(m): 6:12pm On Jun 19, 2016
nairalandbuzz:

I don't have to exchange abusive words with you. Only a fool would do that.

Go back to our chain of discussions...
perhaps, you should check your last quote to me and see your own insults directed to me. I guess that makes us both fools.

nice to meet you.
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Funkybabee(f): 6:16pm On Jun 19, 2016
BABANGBALI:
sister funke,na wa for you o,fine you no fine,simple English you no sabi write. See as you just dey murder English. Abeg go buy me Panadol jo

and bro 'gboranmideleru' what consigned you with it. shey I talk to u ni abi why u carry my matter for head like poly trash. and i know before u said that u would have check most of my text, but mind u my first lazy in academy is typing even I don't fit like to write note when I dey school u better go get paracetamol or actified code for ur headache

smh;!!!
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Funkybabee(f): 6:21pm On Jun 19, 2016
tongue
BABANGBALI:
sister funke,na wa for you o,fine you no fine,simple English you no sabi write. See as you just dey murder English. Abeg go buy me Panadol jo

and my answer to your second question
thank God I fine pass u and ur girlfriend/fiance

obi odun'' ofe ke tongue
BABANGBALI:

and my answer to your second question
thank God I fine pass u and ur girlfriend/fiance

obi odun'' ofe ke
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Richydos(m): 6:22pm On Jun 19, 2016
malvisguy212:
Read the story of the prodigal son, did the father love the child ? Yes, when the child ask for his inheritance, even when the father knows , the boy is making a big mistake, did he interfere in his decision ? No, he allow the boy to make the mistake so that he will learn, hoping the son will return one day.
U that u read d story so well.... When d son returned n asked for forgiveness, was he banished or cursed
THE point u peeps are not convincingly making is dat God Knew Adam was going to sin..... If that be d case, Y banish him when he is aware such thing will surely happen..... He saw it n it happened n thus dt makes him God.... Y banish him when he knows it's gonna happen
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Clinton594(m): 6:32pm On Jun 19, 2016
malvisguy212:
you are not destined to sin ,why? Because,God will not interfere in your decision(freewill) to sin or not to sin.

If I remember my Bible very well, I can tell you that God interfered with Saul's decision to massacre the early Christians. Without Saul asking for forgiveness, God forced forgiveness ACS repentance on him .

The only thing that happens here is that God knows everything that will happen but because of His might, he has the power to shut out that part of Him just to see the turnout of how humans can use their freewills.

He likes to get surprised by our decisions... Look at the story of Abraham and the 'only son ' sacrifice, the test was to the decision of Abraham... Same with Jobs'. It's Not that if He wants to look into the future that He can't.
Cc : Richydos
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by warrah(m): 6:43pm On Jun 19, 2016
Freewill in man is like a two pronged fork. Either one a man chooses has a predetermied end which God knows.
God who is omnipresent already knows where a man would end up by the choices he makes everyday in life.
It's not as if God already knows you will sin, but he has given man the free will to choose between evil and good.
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Temitoppe(m): 6:43pm On Jun 19, 2016
no. you are not destined to sin. 1john3:8. and concerning God knowing your next step...God is Almighty,all knowing...all our actions are like 'sample space ' before him and he knows the outcome of each 'sample space'
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 19, 2016
Kennedyiheme:
F**oolish Nigerian youth, I just got off an American forum where people discuss about innovative things..... people donating money to fund a special project.... but here on nairaland on Sunday, the stupi.d ones talk about rubbish.... i*diots.. you all have being doing this Christianity thing since 1909, nothing positive has come out of it... no wonder Africa is so backward... the other day our president used over 2b naira to go and pray.... have you ever heard Obama going for special prayer? Africa is cursed with stupid people..... this topic is so dull and and dumb.... na WA for you Christians.... you will continue remaining stupid af...... young people are already planning on building a time machine, while you silly set of clowns are talking about if God programmes people..... I weep for all of u

It's funny how I just made this same kinda reply on the "... who created God" thread. These people keep wasting their time arguing about nonsense.
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Kennedyiheme: 7:04pm On Jun 19, 2016
LucifersTongue:

It's funny how I just made this same kinda reply on the "... who created God" thread. These people keep wasting their time arguing about nonsense.
my brother I am just tired of this lunatics...... I am not into science but I love it, I decided to bring some science students together and we fund projects, but no one was interested, you still see the same set of people saying rubbish here.....'if God programmes people, just plain stupidity.....I was watching a channel on YouTube and found 4 young lads working on a time machine... Zuckerberg started Facebook at a young age..... people twice his age still sleep on church 2 hours of there life yet they don't even make 20k monthly...... prayers will never change africa.... our brains will... sadly people have sold their brains to religion, like 90perce t of people here on nairaland

1 Like

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by malvisguy212: 7:08pm On Jun 19, 2016
Richydos:

U that u read d story so well.... When d son returned n asked for forgiveness, was he banished or cursed
THE point u peeps are not convincingly making is dat God Knew Adam was going to sin..... If that be d case, Y banish him when he is aware such thing will surely happen..... He saw it n it happened n thus dt makes him God.... Y banish him when he knows it's gonna happen
that is why I gave you the example of the prodigal son, even when the son is making the mistake, the father knows it because he don't want to interfere in his decision. The point is that God has power to stop evil but he allow it because, sometimes evil help in proving the evidence of our faith, bible call it "a refining by fire" are you a christian ? Read the epistle of paul, paul explain all this. Thank you.
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Boboye4slim(m): 7:12pm On Jun 19, 2016
Youngmaster0:

N if God truly knew he was gonna sin against him... Y banish n curse him when he actually sinned.... Can u pls explain

If I'm a loving father, and u knew my son was heading the wrong path I would do something to correct him before he failed. I'm not gonna wait till he failed so as to curse and banish him
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Boboye4slim(m): 7:14pm On Jun 19, 2016
Youngmaster0:

If I was a loving father and knew my son was heading to the wrong path what I will do is correct him before he got lost not wait until he miss the way so that I can curse and banish him
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Boboye4slim(m): 7:26pm On Jun 19, 2016
Kennedyiheme:
my brother I am just tired of this lunatics...... I am not into science but I love it, I decided to bring some science students together and we fund projects, but no one was interested, you still see the same set of people saying rubbish here.....'if God programmes people, just plain stupidity.....I was watching a channel on YouTube and found 4 young lads working on a time machine... Zuckerberg started Facebook at a young age..... people twice his age still sleep on church 2 hours of there life yet they don't even make 20k monthly...... prayers will never change africa.... our brains will... sadly people have sold their brains to religion, like 90perce t of people here on nairaland

You're a fool for calling us lunatics. What nonsense is that. How many of us do you know personally here? Since when has discussing about issues that affect our lives turn a crime. Must we all share with you how we are doing our best to improve things the little way we can. Can we all be scientist. I'm a sociology lecturer I know what I've done to affect people's lives around me. Don't come here and call me a lunatic for voicing my opinions. The Americans you mentioned are the most active on this kind of debate. Stop being bitter and get a life.
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Mskrisx(f): 7:44pm On Jun 19, 2016
michaelwestern:

Bro please edit this post na... Since 2014 na wa ooo grin sad sad
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Youngmaster0(m): 8:22pm On Jun 19, 2016
Boboye4slim:

If I'm a loving father, and u knew my son was heading the wrong path I would do something to correct him before he failed. I'm not gonna wait till he failed so as to curse and banish him

My dear friend God hardly interferes in the affairs of man, so that not tomorrow man will blame God for his wrong doing just as u are trying to do. But he has given man upon birth The Strength which is the (Holy Spirit) to overcome all temptation that he may face once he prays, that why we need to be prayerful and the Grace and Fortitude to endure all we may experience here on earth.

JOB and JESUS in the Bible were tempted to forsake God, while God watches and do nothing. But the pray for strength. Had Job and Jesus fall is not the will of God but their will. But the overcomed. God is just watching us from a distance if you need strength pray for it

So brother for man to fall into temptation even from the creation of this world which is Adam is accountable for his sins become he had he freewill.

So i leave you with these thought "God does not predestined Man future Man predestines his Future, God is just watching waiting for the end.
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Boboye4slim(m): 8:33pm On Jun 19, 2016
Youngmaster0:

My dear friend God hardly interferes in the affairs of man, so that not tomorrow man will blame God for his wrong doing just as u are trying to do. But he has given man upon birth The Strength which is the (Holy Spirit) to overcome all temptation that he may face once he prays, that why we need to be prayerful and the Grace and Fortitude to endure all we may experience here on earth.

JOB and JESUS in the Bible were tempted to forsake God, while God watches and do nothing. But the pray for strength. Had Job and Jesus fall is not the will of God but their will. But the overcomed. God is just watching us from a distance if you need strength pray for it

So brother for man to fall into temptation even from the creation of this world which is Adam is accountable for his sins become he had he freewill.

So i leave you with these thought "God does not predestined Man future Man predestines his Future, God is just watching waiting for the end.

Helpful. Thanks. God bless.
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by BABANGBALI: 8:38pm On Jun 19, 2016
Funkybabee:

and bro 'gboranmideleru' what consigned you with it. shey I talk to u ni abi why u carry my matter for head like poly trash. and i know before u said that u would have check most of my text, but mind u my first lazy in academy is typing even I don't fit like to write note when I dey school u better go get paracetamol or actified code for ur headache

smh;!!!
shahahahahahahahahaha sister funke Fokoradi no sabi English o na only BEDminton she sabi grin grin
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Kennedyiheme: 8:41pm On Jun 19, 2016
Boboye4slim:

You're a fool for calling us lunatics. What nonsense is that. How many of us do you know personally here? Since when has discussing about issues that affect our lives turn a crime. Must we all share with you how we are doing our best to improve things the little way we can. Can we all be scientist. I'm a sociology lecturer I know what I've done to affect people's lives around me. Don't come here and call me a lunatic for voicing my opinions. The Americans you mentioned are the most active on this kind of debate. Stop being bitter and get a life.
what useful thing have you done today other than arguing if "god programme you"? even if you are not a scientist, there are productice things you can do to help yourself , people arounf you and nigeria... colllectively if we all use our brains nigeria would become a better place..... but idiots like you come on this forum everyday to say shit..... how has this your religion helped nigeria? majority of you here are all foolss... as a matter of fact 90percent are......... if you continue this stupidity and dont make money and be successful, your children will curse you till the day they bury you 6ft.... productive minds dont talk about sh*it like this, most of you are dullards..... eistein said doing the same thing over and over again and you still expect different result is foolishnesss... get yourself together, i belive you are too old to talk about pointless matters like this...... respect your old age sir, you are a f*ool sir
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by BABANGBALI: 8:44pm On Jun 19, 2016
Funkybabee:
tongue

obi odun'' ofe ke tongue
Seun and lalasticlala see dis babe dey use her dialect to abuse you
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Barezzi(m): 8:58pm On Jun 19, 2016
warrah:
Freewill in man is like a two pronged fork. Either one a man chooses has a predetermied end which God knows.
God who is omnipresent already knows where a man would end up by the choices he makes everyday in life.
It's not as if God already knows you will sin, but he has given man the free will to choose between evil and good.

In the same vein, God KNOWS the choices a man will make everyday of his life.
If God doesn't know, how is He Omniscient??
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by banio: 9:02pm On Jun 19, 2016
Childish thought. When I was a child I do think as such. Though U are on track with the thought. Let me say God knows all. Just like the millions of milky ways, so are the parts we could follow at every given opportunity. You have a will to do what is right or wrong, so if U choose any of them it's U to blame or credit not God. The Almighty has wished that we choose the right path always, so if we do otherwise, we should hold ourselves responsible not God
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by holybabayo(m): 9:05pm On Jun 19, 2016
We live in time and space. That makes us to have some limitations. Like we can only know what we are experiencing. But God does not live in time and space. The concept of yesterday, today and tomorrow are foreign to God. So therefore before God you always exist. Before you were born, when you walk this earth and the next one whether in heaven or hell.
It therefore mean God knows if you will sin or not. But that is not to mean that he caused you to sin. He give you freewill but already knows your choice.
You may have heard of words like Chosen, Elect, The call out ones etc in the bible. Those words shows you that God already knows those that will be saved.
I will advise you to read Romans 9.6-24.

Just for convenience I will type some important verses here but please read all.
v10-13 and not only this, but when Rebecca also had conceived... (for the children not yet born, nor having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works but of Him who He calls), it was said ...Jacob I have loved, but Esau I have hated.
Please read the remaining verses you will find answers to questions like, By this is God not unrighteous? Why does God still find faults in people that simply do what they have been destined to do?
God is God, we are but men. We are saved freely by His grace not by our works (that is self determination), It is the gift of God. We can't boast about it. We can't save ourselves. So let us humbly call on God for His mercies and not excuse out sins.
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by sleemoon(m): 9:47pm On Jun 19, 2016
malvisguy212:
you are not destined to sin ,why? Because,God will not interfere in your decision(freewill) to sin or not to sin.

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by topdee(m): 9:59pm On Jun 19, 2016
NOTED
Strawman:

Don't get me wrong. I meant that when we have different options, God already knows exactly what we will eventually choose, but it doesn't mean that we couldn't have chosen the other options. We have the natural ability to have chosen any of them (I.e. free will), but God (being omniscient) knows exactly where decisions made out of our free will will take us. I don't know if you get what I'm saying; I believe it's basically the same thing you're saying but we got off somewhere.
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Elliot2(m): 10:16pm On Jun 19, 2016
gabazin080:
i used to hear people say dis always. when something happened you see people say its GOD, that God knows about it. they say he already knows and has programmed everything that will happen to humans. if this is true then it means if I sin now he already knows I will. it means he already knows I will create this topic today. it also means am not @ fault for any sin I commit because he has already programmed my activities and know I will sin.
I asked my boss who happens to be a pastor dis question and his reply didn't answer my question. so nairalanders I want your views on this. is it true GOD has known everything that will happen to us
predestination?! I think yes! Like a job interview, God already knows the amount of persons he would employ, he knows the question or test, he knows the standards to use to filter everyone to arrive at the numbers He wants. if it were just 10 vacancies, and 100 r applying. it is left for you to strife to be among the 10. So far as God has not told you personally that u r his special candidate, even though he might take favour in you, ur choices in the process determines what u would get. Even if he takes special interest in u, u av the choice to ruin it. Or u av the choice to strife to be among the ten, or u kuld chose to fail cos u feel it's impossible for u to be among the ten. God plans alone, he does not consult anyone; so even if he has predestined us, you won't know it, the little u knw is through ur own actions, u can tell a little. Whateva u play or freestyle is the role he has given u. Now basically, he has given u an expo-the soul that sins must die; the soul that does good would live. this is the law of God's predestination.
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Boboye4slim(m): 10:16pm On Jun 19, 2016
Kennedyiheme:
what useful thing have you done today other than arguing if "god programme you"? even if you are not a scientist, there are productice things you can do to help yourself , people arounf you and nigeria... colllectively if we all use our brains nigeria would become a better place..... but idiots like you come on this forum everyday to say shit..... how has this your religion helped nigeria? majority of you here are all foolss... as a matter of fact 90percent are......... if you continue this stupidity and dont make money and be successful, your children will curse you till the day they bury you 6ft.... productive minds dont talk about sh*it like this, most of you are dullards..... eistein said doing the same thing over and over again and you still expect different result is foolishnesss... get yourself together, i belive you are too old to talk about pointless matters like this...... respect your old age sir, you are a f*ool sir

Wow you're such a big idiot. I'm not gonna reply you again. I'm 27, a university lecturer doing well for myself and those around me. Still you asking how I'm making a difference simply because I'm discussing religion. If you're not such a retarded fool in the first place, how do you think change comes about huh? Discussion forum like this fool!!! Where ideas and information can be shared. Or do you forget that the subject matter is actually some folks' area of specialization? Religion plays a major role in our world today and you think we shouldn't talk about it and just ignore it? You're dumb. You don't have to support religion before you can chip in. Take your stupidity elsewhere.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

5 Supernatural Experiences You Will Have When You Genuinely Encounter God... / Dr Olukoya Of Mfm Place Embargo On Wearing Of Trouser By Female To Church / Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.