Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,438 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? (21811 Views)

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin / Does God Already Know Those That Will Go To Hell? / How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by UuzbaGuuzba: 1:14pm On Jun 19, 2016
You are not destined to sin.
God knows everything that you can possibly do.
It remains your free will to chose the correct option.

Since you are aware of this fact now, then your best bet is to now ask God to help you chose the correct option or make the right decision.
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by MAbdulsamod(m): 1:14pm On Jun 19, 2016
gabazin080:
i used to hear people say dis always. when something happened you see people say its GOD, that God knows about it. they say he already knows and has programmed everything that will happen to humans. if this is true then it means if I sin now he already knows I will. it means he already knows I will create this topic today. it also means am not @ fault for any sin I commit because he has already programmed my activities and know I will sin.
I asked my boss who happens to be a pastor dis question and his reply didn't answer my question. so nairalanders I want your views on this. is it true GOD has known everything that will happen to us
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by nd07(m): 1:17pm On Jun 19, 2016
Yes! God knows that you will sin next deliberately, that's why He has programmed the punishment waiting. He knew Judas would betray Jesus after all d preachings he heard & yet Judas was not exempted from d ugly penalty. He knew u are weak, that's why God gave u d Holy Spirit to enable u live righteous
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by marvelous000: 1:17pm On Jun 19, 2016
Chuksemi:

Read your comment again, slowly. If He knows Adam would eat the fruit eventually, of what use is it advising him? If God knows our every move, then the idea of free choice is defeated. We are therefore, robots who carry out the predetermined will of the Father.
[size=13pt]
He knew Adam will fall, so, he made provision for redemption.

Revelation 13:8

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. 9 

Hope you know the lamb in this context?
[/size]
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Daniyomex(m): 1:21pm On Jun 19, 2016
God has given to every man the power of CHOICE. It is now left to you to choose to the good or evil. God won't interfere in whatever you do unless u asked Him to. That's why we have PRAYER, a means of telling God how we want him to interfere in our situation.
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Chuksemi(m): 1:22pm On Jun 19, 2016
marvelous000:
[size=13pt]
He knew Adam will fall, so, he made provision for redemption.

Revelation 13:8

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. 9

Hope you know the lamb in this context?
[/size]

Yes. I know the lamb. Does He also know if we will accept the redemption or not? Because if He knows we will accept it, then no need for hell, we are all certainly going to heaven. If He knows we won't accept it, then it isn't our fault that we sin everyday. He has planned everything beforehand.

I believe you should be expecting that question.
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by BBcool: 1:26pm On Jun 19, 2016
Ok... if you must see the capital letter G b4 u can pronounce d word God, then I'll use it. But using capital or small letters are only grammatical gestures. And religion has turned it into one of the numerous religious practices.

God is God... and there is only one God, b u a muslim or a christian or a buddist or watever u choose to be.

And I dont see any one particular book as the word of God. God's word comes from God. And God is everywhere... beginning from our heart.

God is a part of u and u are a part of God. God is not separate from you. God speaks to u from ur heart and can also speak to you via any means... cld b thru d bible, thru d quran, thru u biology text book, thru events and situations... any how. So we shldnt b particular about d how of God.

Religion has really gibven us a very false concept or idea about God and about who we truely are.

It's high time humans wake up to this truth and remember who we are. We have derailed from our very source even in our bid to seek or run after God.

Every new born baby is still very aware of their source until society and religion begins to feed them with wrong ideas about themselves.

God created us all as humans... not some as christians or some as muslims. That is a new born child 4 u... God is love, God is unity, God is one, God is life.

Anything that brings about separation or discrimination is not of God. It is from our wacked ideas about God...

And I tell you my brother, the only sin that there is, is our forgetfulness (thanks to the brain washing from our society & religion) of who we truely are. The forgetfulness of our oneness with God.
That is the only sin... and this is sin against ourselves... self denial.

U are d architect of d life u are living right now. U chose it. If only u can reach out (in) to God inside of u, u will remember.

Nothing in life is without a purpose. It means that there is a plan.

1 Like

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Iseoluwani: 1:27pm On Jun 19, 2016
gabazin080:
i used to hear people say dis always. when something happened you see people say its GOD, that God knows about it. they say he already knows and has programmed everything that will happen to humans. if this is true then it means if I sin now he already knows I will. it means he already knows I will create this topic today. it also means am not @ fault for any sin I commit because he has already programmed my activities and know I will sin.
I asked my boss who happens to be a pastor dis question and his reply didn't answer my question. so nairalanders I want your views on this. is it true GOD has known everything that will happen to us

Yes God knows everything but let me tell you something when you are born again, your spirit Z the one that Z born again not your flesh nt your body. You are the one that will find solution to your body pushing you to sin. And how can you do that simple. Renew your body n mind with d word of God Romans 12:1-2 n guard it jealously. Be careful of what you feed your eyes ears body mind on else you keep sinning
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by shine12: 1:27pm On Jun 19, 2016
gabazin080:

Answer:God is His infinite wisdom did not create robots, He gave you a will,just like how he told the Israel that they can choose between life and death but they should choose life that they may live.
There are always two paths in every situation, the evil part and the good part,of course God's know the two paths and He wills for you to walk in the good part but it's up to you if you will obey and follow Him.
We are not like the trees or other creatures who just simply stay where they are and do the same thing daily,just like the sun,it rises and sets everyday and never says He is tired of rising,but we human are different,we have a mind and will to do either the good God wants or our own way which might lead to sin and ultimately death.
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by iyke484real(m): 1:31pm On Jun 19, 2016
SuperSuave:

but theres a saying that "nothing can ever happen without Gods knowledge" and Jesus knew judas was the one to betray him :s
yes ofcoz God knows about everything both the past and the future make no mistake about that, becuz he created the universe including you nd I. He understands his reasons of creation nd the ways by which it operates. The problem you are rather having is more of that of a house asking the owner why was I build like this! To cut long story short :
my dear, things about God almighty are too huge to comprehend with a human mind, don't try to know him all bro, bcoz you can't. its even a sin for such an attempt you know!. Hold on to the little you know and as you do God will bless you. He is God nd there's nothing any one can do about it. Remember the case of Esaw and Jacob where he preferred one to the other, concerning this same issue he went further declaring that I am the Lord God Almighty, I shew mercy to whom I want to. who are you to question me? Says the Lord. So my dear I pray you pick out one or two things from my contribution thanks.
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by pring: 1:31pm On Jun 19, 2016
Religion remains a hoax.
I wonder why people argue over this nonsense.
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by iyke484real(m): 1:35pm On Jun 19, 2016
gabazin080:
wat about d word in d Bible dat says nothing can happen without Gods knowledge. ur words av gone against it. u are saying nw dat he doesn't know wat will happen d next minute
yes ofcoz God knows about everything both the past and the future make no mistake about that, becuz he created the universe including you nd I. He understands his reasons of creation nd the ways by which it operates. The problem you are rather having is more of that of a house asking the owner why was I build like this! To cut long story short :
my dear, things about God almighty are too huge to comprehend with a human mind, don't try to know him all bro, bcoz you can't. its even a sin for such an attempt you know!. Hold on to the little you know and as you do God will bless you. He is God nd there's nothing any one can do about it. Remember the case of Esaw and Jacob where he preferred one to the other, concerning this same issue he went further declaring that I am the Lord God Almighty, I shew mercy to whom I want to. who are you to question me? Says the Lord. So my dear I pray you pick out one or two things from my contribution thanks. shocked shocked
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by FxDominion(m): 1:36pm On Jun 19, 2016
gabazin080:
thanx bro. bt now it means God hasn't programmed all our acts. cus if he didn't plan 4 urs 2 sin @ dis minute and we did, den it means we av spoiled his plans. and dat he doesn't know all dat will apun 2 us.
explain more pls

God has a plan for everyone (destiny) but your actions (as you exercise your power of choice determines if that destiny would be fulfilled, remember God is not and cannot in anyway be responsible for your choices and decisions) therefore if you choose to honour God by OBEYING HIS COMMANDMENTS then it shall be well with you but if not you are on your own. Happy Sunday to all.
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by iyke484real(m): 1:36pm On Jun 19, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
does God know the exact option a person will take?Yes or no.Stop the hide and seek.
my dear, things about God almighty are too huge to comprehend with a human mind, don't try to know him all bro, bcoz you can't. its even a sin for such an attempt you know!. Hold on to the little you know and as you do God will bless you. He is God nd there's nothing any one can do about it. Remember the case of Esaw and Jacob where he preferred one to the other, concerning this same issue he went further declaring that I am the Lord God Almighty, I shew mercy to whom I want to. who are you to question me? Says the Lord. So my dear I pray you pick out one or two things from my contribution thanks.
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by iyke484real(m): 1:38pm On Jun 19, 2016
OgundeleT:

That means God is not omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent?
my dear, things about God almighty are too huge to comprehend with a human mind, don't try to know him all bro, bcoz you can't. its even a sin for such an attempt you know!. Hold on to the little you know and as you do God will bless you. He is God nd there's nothing any one can do about it. Remember the case of Esaw and Jacob where he preferred one to the other, concerning this same issue he went further declaring that I am the Lord God Almighty, I shew mercy to whom I want to. who are you to question me? Says the Lord. So my dear I pray you pick out one or two things from my contribution thanks. grin grin
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by topdee(m): 1:38pm On Jun 19, 2016
Logically, what you wrote is rather ambiguous and exaggerated. How will you say knowing something will happen doesn't mean something else can't happen? Instead, if the knowledge you have about something has prerequisites, it means what you knew initially was mere hypothesis. Our God is prefect and knows everything, like someone said on this thread, God is life, God is love, He knows everyone's actions before we act, and if you claim we have freewill and God knows our actions before time, how is that freewill? It rather means we were destined to make such actions. Look at the story of Judas iscariot, his actions were inevitable.

Believe what you want to believe, all I know is life's ideology is equivocal. Logically, without sentiments, without religious bigotry, everyone knows the difference between good and bad, the most important thing is spending one's life being a good person.
Strawman:

@bolded, is that what the Bible says? People have made many misconceptions on many issues without comprehending things. I've not read the Bible from cover page to back page, but so far I've not seen any scripture that implies people are predestined to go to heaven or hell.

Logically, God knowing what we are going to do does not mean that we can't do something else. It means that God simply knows what we have chosen to do ahead of time, out of our own free will. I can keep a bowl of ice cream and a vegetable on the floor, and I definitely know which one my 5 yr old nephew would pick, but that doesn't stop him from being able to make a different choice. I know what he's going to do, doesn't mean he's not able to do something else...I just know that he will do it.
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by MythAngel: 1:38pm On Jun 19, 2016
This topic is a core part of knowledge we need to know about God, and it is pertinent each one who is searching for God in truth be resolved in mind with regard to the answer to this question because without a reasonable, logical and justifying answer that confirms to justice and love then one would continue to doubt the loveliness of God almighty ... I would like to help you with the answer and the Bible has it . I would prefer we chat on WhatsApp over this please reply my mail.. So I may pass my number to you. thanks.
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by ayodijex(m): 1:38pm On Jun 19, 2016
spiralwedge:

Our freewill is a product of God's will.
He created us to be like him.... that is, to know what is right and wrong and then choose rightly. That, I think is what makes us mini-gods, unlike animals.

Lol.. clearly, after reading ur posts,you still don't understand the OP.

If you say God is omniscient, means he knows all,means he knows the end from the beginning,means he knows the temptations you will and will not fall for,means even after giving you series of choices,he knows the choice you will choose,means we're all acting according to a script cos since he is omniscient,means he knows how it will all end..

the only reason you will dispute any of the above is if you agree that God doesn't know all things.

please think well before replying.
#Okbye

1 Like

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by ThuGnificenX: 1:38pm On Jun 19, 2016
No sir... God in not in control of man's freewill.

1 Like

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by iyke484real(m): 1:39pm On Jun 19, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
So God does not know the action a person would or would not take?
my dear, things about God almighty are too huge to comprehend with a human mind, don't try to know him all bro, bcoz you can't. its even a sin for such an attempt you know!. Hold on to the little you know and as you do God will bless you. He is God nd there's nothing any one can do about it. Remember the case of Esaw and Jacob where he preferred one to the other, concerning this same issue he went further declaring that I am the Lord God Almighty, I shew mercy to whom I want to. who are you to question me? Says the Lord. So my dear I pray you pick out one or two things from my contribution thanks. shocked shocked
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Iseoluwani: 1:40pm On Jun 19, 2016
Chuksemi:

Yes. I know the lamb. Does He also know if we will accept the redemption or not? Because if He knows we will accept it, then no need for hell, we are all certainly going to heaven. If He knows we won't accept it, then it isn't our fault that we sin everyday. He has planned everything beforehand.

I believe you should be expecting that question.

Since we are yet sinners Christ died for us romans 5:5 people will be carried away by their own natural affection God gave man to choose between life n death. D moment Adam said in Genesis that "thou woman thou gaveth me made me eat this" if you sin everyday it's your fault because you refuse exercise control over your flesh. ROMANS 8:18 "SO THEN DEATH WORKSCIN US THAT LIFE IN YOU" that is you will n^d to die to this world and be alive in christ remember Gal 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ nevertheless I live but this time the life I live I live for Christ"

He knows beforehand that u will commit sin but he has provided a way of escape. JESUS WHO ABLE TO HELP CLINGE ON HIM
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Praktikals(m): 1:43pm On Jun 19, 2016
God did not create us as a programmed robot, we are reasoning beings capable of. Making decisions on our own. So if you we choose to sin, God cannot be blamed.
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by DedeNkem: 1:45pm On Jun 19, 2016
Why Does God Allow Sin and Suffering?

The most perplexing problem in apologetics is the problem of evil: Why would an all-good, all-powerful God allow evil to exist?
There is a real mystery here, and we can only give partial answers.
Here are some of mine . .

Two Kinds of Evil
We need to recognize that there is more than one kind of evil.
When we use the word "evil", we often mean moral evil (sin), but historically it was frequently used for other things, such as suffering.
These two forms of evil are linked: It is a sin to cause needless suffering, for example.
This brings us to an important question.

Could God Stop These Evils?
Yes. God is omnipotent. He is the Creator and Sustainer of the universe. Without his action, the universe would never have come into existence, and without his continued action, it would cease to exist or go "to nothing" (Latin, ad nihilum--where we get "annihilate"wink.

God could have prevented all sin and suffering by not creating the universe. And he could end all sin and suffering simply by allowing the universe to cease to exist. You might call this "the Annihilation Solution."
So what doesn't he?

The Problem in a Nutshell
The Christian understanding of God is that he is not only all-powerful but all-good as well, which is what gives the problem of evil its puzzling nature. At first glance, it would seem that an all-good God who has the power to end all sin and suffering would do so.
Since he doesn't, that has led skeptics to argue that God either doesn't exist or that he isn't all-good or all-powerful.
Are these the only alternatives?

A False Start
One possibility, which I will dismiss quickly, is the suggestion that God might not be all-knowing. Some have thought that, while he's good enough and powerful enough to prevent evil, he isn't all-knowing and so doesn't have the knowledge needed to bring his power to bear on the problem.
For simplicity's sake, I'm going to fold that into God's omnipotence. If he's all-powerful, that would include the power to know what he needs to use his power effectively. So we don't need to be detained by that option.

Another Possibility
There are, though, other possibilities - ways to show that an all-good, all-powerful God might still allow sin and suffering to exist.
For example, consider the way of ending them that we mentioned above: God could annihilate the universe. That would end sin and suffering instantly.
"But wait!" someone might cry. "I like the universe! It's where I keep all my stuff!" And it's true that annihilating the universe would have costs as well as benefits. On the plus side, it would mean getting rid of sin and suffering. On the minus side, it would mean getting rid of every good thing in the universe as well.
Many people might look at that and say, "If that's the only alternative, it's reasonable for an all-good, all-powerful God to allow the universe to continue to exist, despite the evil it contains."
But is it the only alternative?

A Perfect World?
If God is omnipotent, would he be able to arrange it so that the universe was perfect - that it never had sin or suffering in it? If so, then annihilating the universe wouldn't be the only way to avoid these evils. God could have stopped them by never allowing them to come into being.
The devil would still be a happy angel. Mankind would still be living in the garden. Everything would be great!
So why didn't God just do that?

What's Love Got to Do with It?
Many have suggested that the reason has to do with free will. While the concept of free will can be understood in different ways, one common understanding of it involves the capacity to make a free decision between good and evil.
Since people do choose between good and evil, and seem to do so freely, one can argue that God apparently values this kind of freedom. It's commonly thought that the reason he does so is that, if he didn't let people freely choose between good and evil then they would just be puppets - programmed robots.
For us to love God or each other under such a situation would seem hollow, it's been suggested. For love to be worthwhile, it has to be freely chosen.

The Choice
On this proposal, God values free will and the quality of the choices that flow from it (e.g., real love) and thus tolerates the bad choices that can also result from it (i.e., sin and the suffering it causes). He couldn't wipe out the latter without wiping out the former as well. He thus tolerates evil for the sake of allowing good to be freely chosen.
What are we to make of this argument?

An Important Insight
We've already seen that many people would think it rational for God to allow the universe to continue to exist if the only way to get rid of sin and suffering were to annihilate all of creation. If so, it is reasonable for an all-good, all-powerful being to tolerate evil for the sake of greater good, at least if there were no other way to remove it.

It's also plausible that God could not prevent sin and the suffering that comes from it if he is going to allow free will of the kind we're discussing.
And it's plausible that this kind of free will is valuable, that the goods which it enables (e.g., love) would be robbed of something very important perhaps their whole essence if they were not freely chosen.

Many people have thus thought that we have a plausible account of why an all-good, all-powerful God would tolerate sin and suffering.
And I agree. I think we've uncovered an important insight. Yet it doesn't completely remove the mystery that surrounds the problem of evil.
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Iseoluwani: 1:46pm On Jun 19, 2016
ThuGnificenX:
No sir... God in not in control of man's freewill.

Correct!! He has given man a choice LIFE OR DEATH

1 Like

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Kennedyiheme: 1:46pm On Jun 19, 2016
yahrant140:
weep for yourself dude not us...
why should I weep for myself? You are just another s.tupid nigerian.... so with all that's happening and with all I pointed out you still didn't grab any point? It's easy to tell the intellectual ones from the dummys like you..... lunatic, you think religion or your prayersite will save nigeria? No creative minds, innovative hands, technology advancement will..... you are just one silly brainwashed Dullard
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Chuksemi(m): 1:47pm On Jun 19, 2016
Iseoluwani:

Since we are yet sinners Christ died for us romans 5:5 people will be carried away by their own natural affection God gave man to choose between life n death. D moment Adam said in Genesis that "thou woman thou gaveth me made me eat this" if you sin everyday it's your fault because you refuse exercise control over your flesh. ROMANS 8:18 "SO THEN DEATH WORKSCIN US THAT LIFE IN YOU" that is you will n^d to die to this world and be alive in christ remember Gal 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ nevertheless I live but this time the life I live I live for Christ"

He knows beforehand that u will commit sin but he has provided a way of escape. JESUS WHO ABLE TO HELP CLINGE ON HIM

There is a difference between knowing and predicting. If He knows, that's a certainty. Does He also know if we will choose to repent? Since we have free choice, does He know what choice we would make?
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by saintdennis(m): 1:47pm On Jun 19, 2016
michaelwestern:
OP where did you get the notion that God has programmed all the activities of men from? Please that is not the christian doctrine, it's what muslims usually say whenever something happens to them.

God did not make us as robots that must do what He wants. You have the free will to make a choice to sin or not to sin. God bless you.

God didn't give us freewill... we (via adam) took it ...
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by miketayo(m): 1:48pm On Jun 19, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I am tired of this discussion.Bye.

dolphinheart:

Ok. bye.

Lolzz you are both trying to solve a problem that is greater than D human reasoning.

Ranchhoddas is ryt u didn't answer his question,and that's because there is no answer. My view used to be God has given us free will, he knows all the possible option we could take but does not know the exact one we ll take.. But this also means God doesn't know all which is wrong, but then again if God knows who and who wouldn't end up in hell wat is d point of us living wen our faith is sealed .. So I just gave hope, just try to make heaven we ll knw on d last day.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by ayodijex(m): 1:54pm On Jun 19, 2016
miketayo:

Lolzz you are both trying to solve a problem that is greater than D human reasoning.

Ranchhoddas is ryt u didn't answer his question,and that's because there is no answer. My view used to be God has given us free will, he knows all the possible option we could take but does not know the exact one we ll take.. But this also means God doesn't know all which is wrong, but then again if God knows who and who wouldn't end up in hell wat is d point of us living wen our faith is sealed .. So I just gave hope, just try to make heaven we ll knw on d last day.

God bless you bro.. there's no answer to the question, one will only keep wasting time ni.. Lol.

gabazin080 . i'm in your shoes right now,and I've understood only God himself can answer this. just act according to the scripts. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by iyke484real(m): 2:01pm On Jun 19, 2016
Some strong men just wan discover the whole of God at once . make I just de watch them shaa shocked shocked shocked

1 Share

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by MOGPman(m): 2:03pm On Jun 19, 2016
It's true that God is omniscient; He knows everything about you, including your predestination, whether you are elected of Him to serve Him or not; the time for the manifestation of the purpose of your election (time to forget and separate yourself from the world and serve Him) is equally best known to Him!
However, the greatest gift God has ever given to mankind is "Freewill"! It's by this freewill that man has to make choice either to sin or not; either to serve Him or satan; for God is a God of principles and He does not temper with the freewill of man! Talking about sin in a man, I want you to know that it is a spirit personality, that old serpentry spirit personality that went straight to the Garden and beguiled the first man into sin through the Woman! That's d spirit fighting all most everybody today, including the Born again who are not built and rooted in Christ! Sin in a man therefore is a spiritual problem bigger than man; to overcome it therefore you need a much more powerful Spirit, that is the Spirit of Christ Jesus which is given u on born again when u genuinely repent of your sins in acceptance of Christ Jesus! It's by this same freewill that u choose to accept Christ as your lord and personal savior. Thus, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son; that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life"- John 3:16. To this, overcoming sin does not just end in born again; it requires your own price payment as to be built and rooyed in Christ Jesus ( Col 3:7-cool.
In summary therefore, although God knows when you are to sin, it is never His wish that you should sin and perish ( 2Peter 3:9)!
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Iseoluwani: 2:03pm On Jun 19, 2016
Chuksemi:

There is a difference between knowing and predicting. If He knows, that's a certainty. Does He also know if we will choose to repent? Since we have free choice, does He know what choice we would make?

According to Kenneth Hagin in his books "the triumphant church" God does not have to operate you because you have freewill. It Z left for you to choose what u will for yourself

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

5 Supernatural Experiences You Will Have When You Genuinely Encounter God... / Dr Olukoya Of Mfm Place Embargo On Wearing Of Trouser By Female To Church / Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.