Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,213 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? (21807 Views)

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin / Does God Already Know Those That Will Go To Hell? / How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by busky101(m): 12:22pm On Jun 19, 2016
If a forgotten topic of almost two years could hit front page. Then God is about to start with my destiny

4 Likes

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by ayindejimmy(m): 12:23pm On Jun 19, 2016
BBcool:
The life we are all living now is a play out of the script written by god and every individual person u are seeing is anly a character playing out in this adventure of life (god). Everything happening was known b4 materialisation because the spiritual controls the physical.

Now who/what is god?
You are wrong to say there is no god.
And god is not individual entity somewhere, separate from u or where u are.
God is life... god is spirit, god is love, god is one.
And god knows all things...

please . are you referring to the Almighty God or gods?
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by THEconqueror: 12:23pm On Jun 19, 2016
gabazin080:
i used to hear people say dis always. when something happened you see people say its GOD, that God knows about it. they say he already knows and has programmed everything that will happen to humans. if this is true then it means if I sin now he already knows I will. it means he already knows I will create this topic today. it also means am not @ fault for any sin I commit because he has already programmed my activities and know I will sin.
I asked my boss who happens to be a pastor dis question and his reply didn't answer my question. so nairalanders I want your views on this. is it true GOD has known everything that will happen to us
God gave us all the free will to decide which path we want to follow ( good or evil). And at the end we all will give accounts of our actions based on the choices we have made. He didn't programme us like some robots but rather we were created in his image with the free will to make our own choices. Secondly he knows all our capabilities and has given us the freedom to make our choices, he doesn't determine that for us. In other words our actions are determined by our choices not some predetermined ordination.
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by macino1(m): 12:24pm On Jun 19, 2016
If you can't decide what gender you want to be, the continent you want to be born, your parents, etc.
Then there are more to just telling us we have a free will.

3 Likes

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Owliver(m): 12:24pm On Jun 19, 2016
spiralwedge:

Our freewill is a product of God's will.
He created us to be like him.... that is, to know what is right and wrong and then choose rightly. That, I think is what makes us mini-gods, unlike animals.
sorry I don't buy that. if God had seen my future before I came into existence, who created that future? definitely not me but who?

2 Likes

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by callmelanner(m): 12:25pm On Jun 19, 2016
Am also curious u know undecided
Whatever happened to the adage that says "no leave can fall off a tree without God knowing"
It means God knows who will be rich, who will be poor, who will die a miserable death e.t.c cry
But that does not stop me from believing God exists tho, I'll never make that mistake... I just have a thing for religion coz I don't trust men!

RELIGION THEY SAY IS WHAT IS KEEPING THE POOR FROM MURDERING THE RICH... napoleon hill
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Strawman: 12:26pm On Jun 19, 2016
Wait oh..so today so far has been a peaceful Sunday morning without any topic that could cause religious turmoil. Then a mod suddenly brought back a thread from 2 years ago.
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by moshould(m): 12:27pm On Jun 19, 2016
No mind am!! Confused ke dima...
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Owliver(m): 12:29pm On Jun 19, 2016
THEconqueror:
God gave us all the free will to decide which path we want to follow ( good or evil). And at the end we all will give accounts of our actions based on the choices we have made. He didn't programme us like some robots but rather we were created in his image with the free will to make our own choices. Secondly he knows all our capabilities and has given us the freedom to make our choices, he doesn't determine that for us. In other words our actions are determined by our choices not some predetermined ordination.
but you people say god sees the future(unchangeable destiny). if the future(unchangeable destiny) is already seen by god then does that mean our own free will surpasses that of god vision? if so, then I can say there was no vision. since what is supposedly seen never happened. if it never happened then it was never seen.
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by MicroBox: 12:31pm On Jun 19, 2016
Being born again is nothing but just being more discipline and more cautious.
You are making being born again sound like as you are accepting another religion entirely..
Born again is just more discipline, more caution and paying more attention.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by skywalker001(m): 12:32pm On Jun 19, 2016
The moment u'r born 2 diz earth, u've bin given free will to choose from either good or bad. Truly God has already design our destiny for us but is now left to you to fulfil that destiny. That's why Yoruba wil say ENIYAN wch means someone should choose from either doing good or bad
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by SAEJO: 12:33pm On Jun 19, 2016
The fact remains;There is no God. Humans are not that special to think a supposed "intelligent designer" has planned your life. That is never the case. Everything we do is governed by what excites us and our animal instinct. It is all about making a choice and see where it leads us.
just because you can't see the air does not exist, better be wise Brather.
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by nairalandbuzz(m): 12:36pm On Jun 19, 2016
Owliver:
if I eat I know the outcome. if I don't I know the outcome. that's common sense. does that make me a god? interesting.

The example is as simple as anything except if u don't want to come down to understand it.

See understanding is not by force, if u are open to understand something, u will surely get it.

That example was a mere physical example everyone can relate to and we know it... In terms of the ones we don't know about like the eventuality of what might happen tomorrow, only God knows that and it is based on our yesterday's decisions and choices made... Hope u now get it
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by MistadeRegal(m): 12:38pm On Jun 19, 2016
gabazin080:
i used to hear people say dis always. when something happened you see people say its GOD, that God knows about it. they say he already knows and has programmed everything that will happen to humans. if this is true then it means if I sin now he already knows I will. it means he already knows I will create this topic today. it also means am not @ fault for any sin I commit because he has already programmed my activities and know I will sin.
I asked my boss who happens to be a pastor dis question and his reply didn't answer my question. so nairalanders I want your views on this. is it true GOD has known everything that will happen to us

Point of correction, GOD indeed knows everything about you that neither you nor anyone knows. Revelation 2:2. But GOD will not interfere in what you do either good or bad because HE knows that you know when you do good or bad.

Our forefathers have eaten the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and you yourself have been able to discern between good and evil.

HE knows you will do this or that but HE has given mortals the freedom of choice. HE has left you to decide what you want for yourself. Only you will have to account for all on the Day of Judgment.

GOD does not therefore interfere in what you do but watch you make your choices.

1 Like

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Kennedyiheme: 12:42pm On Jun 19, 2016
F**oolish Nigerian youth, I just got off an American forum where people discuss about innovative things..... people donating money to fund a special project.... but here on nairaland on Sunday, the stupi.d ones talk about rubbish.... i*diots.. you all have being doing this Christianity thing since 1909, nothing positive has come out of it... no wonder Africa is so backward... the other day our president used over 2b naira to go and pray.... have you ever heard Obama going for special prayer? Africa is cursed with stupid people..... this topic is so dull and and dumb.... na WA for you Christians.... you will continue remaining stupid af...... young people are already planning on building a time machine, while you silly set of clowns are talking about if God programmes people..... I weep for all of u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Strawman: 12:43pm On Jun 19, 2016
Owliver:
but you people say god sees the future(unchangeable destiny). if the future(unchangeable destiny) is already seen by god then does that mean our own free will surpasses that of god vision? if so, then I can say there was no vision. since what is supposedly seen never happened. if it never happened then it was never seen.

@bolded, is that what the Bible says? People have made many misconceptions on many issues without comprehending things. I've not read the Bible from cover page to back page, but so far I've not seen any scripture that implies people are predestined to go to heaven or hell.

Logically, God knowing what we are going to do does not mean that we can't do something else. It means that God simply knows what we have chosen to do ahead of time, out of our own free will. I can keep a bowl of ice cream and a vegetable on the floor, and I definitely know which one my 5 yr old nephew would pick, but that doesn't stop him from being able to make a different choice. I know what he's going to do, doesn't mean he's not able to do something else...I just know that he will do it.

4 Likes

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by BBcool: 12:45pm On Jun 19, 2016
ayindejimmy:

please . are you referring to the Almighty God or gods?

There is only 1 god
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Owliver(m): 12:45pm On Jun 19, 2016
nairalandbuzz:

The example is as simple as anything except if u don't want to come down to understand it.

See understanding is not by force, if u are open to understand something, u will surely get it.

That example was a mere physical example everyone can relate to and we know it... In terms of the ones we don't know about like the eventuality of what might happen tomorrow, only God knows that and it is based on our yesterday's decisions and choices made... Hope u now get it
you are not making sense. destiny(unchangeable future) cannot work with freewill. don't let religion turn you to mumu.

take my advice seriously

1 Like

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Proffdada: 12:46pm On Jun 19, 2016
gabazin080:
thanx bro. bt now it means God hasn't programmed all our acts. cus if he didn't plan 4 urs 2 sin @ dis minute and we did, den it means we av spoiled his plans. and dat he doesn't know all dat will apun 2 us.
explain more pls
God is a Supreme Being that sees all the parallel possibilities of your outcome, that's why he gave us free will. He knows all that'll happen and that can happen but give us choice

1 Like

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by BBcool: 12:46pm On Jun 19, 2016
macino1:
If you can't decide what gender you want to be, the continent you want to be born, your parents, etc.
Then there are more to just telling us we have a free will.

You decided all of this... u just av forgotten.
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by joseph1832(m): 12:48pm On Jun 19, 2016
gabazin080:
They will never give you a straight answer.

1 Like

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by ayindejimmy(m): 12:48pm On Jun 19, 2016
BBcool:

There is only 1 god

if its the one and only God then use a proper noun. it should start with a capital letter.
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by nairalandbuzz(m): 12:51pm On Jun 19, 2016
Owliver:
you are not making sense. destiny(unchangeable future) cannot work with freewill. don't let religion turn you to mumu.

take my advice seriously

A dummy u are a dummy u shall b for.life... U think eventualities na all about forex that you can play and decide?

A dictionary screenshot as attached should help that it has to do with will... Predetermined... Human will
.. This is dictionary not religion

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Richydos(m): 12:54pm On Jun 19, 2016
malvisguy212:
you have freewill to love God or hate him, God will not interfere in your decision,God know Adam will eat the fruit, but God did not interfere, it's a choice, abandon your favourite sin or continue, God will only give you pastors to advice you.
U just said God knew Adam will be sinning n though he gave him d freewill of making his decision...... N if God truly knew he was gonna sin against him... Y banish n curse him when he actually sinned.... Can u pls explain

1 Like

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Willful: 12:58pm On Jun 19, 2016
Predestination is majorly what God programmed your life to be and/or achieve, on the process of that many things interplay which is why Bible says that ALL THINGS work together for the good of them that love God.

Sin is mostly a heart disposition. Meanwhile deliberate sinning is not in God's predestination plan for anybody but because of where we exist, He knows that all those things will come to us as a temptation and works out good for us in those situations as far as our minds are right with him.

1 Like

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by shamson: 1:00pm On Jun 19, 2016
The power of choice determines your next action. If you align with the righteous, you're bound to work righteously and if you align with evil, then your actions are not far fetch from being evilly inclined.
Choice wisely cos that determines your next abode
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by iyke484real(m): 1:00pm On Jun 19, 2016
gabazin080:
yes ofcoz God knows about everything both the past and the future make no mistake about that, becuz he created the universe including you nd I. He understands his reasons of creation nd the ways by which it operates. The problem you are rather having is more of that of a house asking the owner why was I build like this! To cut long story short :
my dear, things about God almighty are too huge to comprehend with a human mind, don't try to know him all bro, bcoz you can't. its even a sin for such an attempt you know!. Hold on to the little you know and as you do God will bless you. undecided He is God nd there's nothing any one can do about it. Remember the case of Esaw and Jacob where he preferred one to the other, concerning this same issue he went further declaring that I am the Lord God Almighty, I shew mercy to whom I want to. who are you to question me? Says the Lord. So my dear I pray you pick out one or two things from my contribution thanks. grin grin
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by charlsecy(m): 1:01pm On Jun 19, 2016
gabazin080:
i used to hear people say dis always. when something happened you see people say its GOD, that God knows about it. they say he already knows and has programmed everything that will happen to humans. if this is true then it means if I sin now he already knows I will. it means he already knows I will create this topic today.
I think fore-knowledge is different from fore-ordination. That you know that something will happen is different from you being the cause.

1 Like

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by don4real18(m): 1:07pm On Jun 19, 2016
I would have given you a good reply but I have been programmed to type this on this post
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by don4real18(m): 1:07pm On Jun 19, 2016
I would have given you a good reply but I have been programmed to type this on this thread
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by yahrant140(m): 1:12pm On Jun 19, 2016
Kennedyiheme:
F**oolish Nigerian youth, I just got off an American forum where people discuss about innovative things..... people donating money to fund a special project.... but here on nairaland on Sunday, the stupi.d ones talk about rubbish.... i*diots.. you all have being doing this Christianity thing since 1909, nothing positive has come out of it... no wonder Africa is so backward... the other day our president used over 2b naira to go and pray.... have you ever heard Obama going for special prayer? Africa is cursed with stupid people..... this topic is so dull and and dumb.... na WA for you Christians.... you will continue remaining stupid af...... young people are already planning on building a time machine, while you silly set of clowns are talking about if God programmes people..... I weep for all of u
weep for yourself dude not us...

1 Like

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jun 19, 2016
Hey, look at it this way: its like a tape with a football match already played. Now when u have that tape, you could either watch such a match from the beginning or u cld skip right to the end. That's the power of God. He cld decide to know the end result of things and as well decide not to. And sometimes he does skip to the end of tape to know the result, but most times he doesn't, he'd let it play. If u look at this way, it gives God an ultimate power that he deserves. Now I like to think of it this way... and it settles me.... smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

5 Supernatural Experiences You Will Have When You Genuinely Encounter God... / Dr Olukoya Of Mfm Place Embargo On Wearing Of Trouser By Female To Church / Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.