Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,063 members, 7,863,769 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:02 AM

Opinion-why I Won't Vote APC, Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion-why I Won't Vote APC, Buhari (857 Views)

Buhari Urges Supporter To Vote APC Governorship And House Of Assembly Candidates / Fashola Got Tongue Lashed For Saying*lagos Won't Vote For GEJ* / Disqualification: APC & Buhari Reject Court's Orders Of Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion-why I Won't Vote APC, Buhari by inforesource: 3:45pm On Dec 26, 2014
Wait! Read carefully before you comment. I am not anti-APC neither I'm I pro-PDP. So be open minded, put away your sentiment, insult-box as well as your dictionary and listen. Ready! Set! Go!

When APC was formed I was so excited. In fact I was one of those who longed for strong opponents to this ruling party. I needed change. Thank God it finally came!

However, my hope was short lived with the emergence of Gen. Buhari as the presidential flag bearer of the APC. Why? Read my reasons below:

1- If APC stands for change
, then there should be a change in their way of politicking, there should be a change in the choice of aspirant selection and pairing, there should be pouring old wine into new bottle, they should stop making inciting comments, they should stop belittling other regions of this country, they should embark on issue-base campaign, etc. The emergence of Buhari as the APC presidential flag bearer doesn't reflect the change but a compensational plan. This is not what we want.

2- Buhari is NOT a "Change Man". Hmmm! Do you disagree with me? Then let wait until he loses this next election, or better still, let wait until he wins this next election. I cannot be deceived. Change is not outward, it is inward, it is action, it is attitude. It is NOT mere words. If Buhari is a change man, he should start by showing excessive hatred to Boko Haram. He should lead a campaign against it.

3- Buhari is NOT the "Saviour" as claimed This is what I hear from radio to television, newspaper to social media. What baffles me in all these hypes is that even those who supposed to tell us the truth are the ones spearheading this false campaign. They do this for selfish interest. If we are looking for saviour then we should put sentiment aside. Gov. Fashola, Gov Ameachi( though with cancer of the mouth), Gov Oshiomole, Gov. Amosun, Gov Kwankwaso, fit that description. These are transformers, people of exceptional character, full of energy. Not Buhari. He knows he is not the so-call saviour, he was chosen for the do-or-die purpose and for the sole purpose of taking over power from the PDP. QED! I understand that every political party want to win election, and that is what Buhari represents and not a saviour. APC want to takeover power at the national level. Period!

4- APC don't love this country's unity Ok, I have created stir right? Wait let me explain myself. I know we shouldn't be sentimental, tribalistic, ethno-religious, bla bla bla in choosing good leaders? I hope I am speaking your mind? But the question is, is that what we practice now? Look at it carefully from the selection of the APC presidential/VP aspirant. What is the reflection of that? From the Records I have, which I believed you do have too. The North has been in position of power more than any part of this OUR country. So why North again this time. Does it mean that APC couldn't find great presidential candidate from other part of the country? Even if it means losing 2015, I'm very sure you won't lose 2019. Why North? Can't you see ahead? Why North? This choice may bring doom if we don't handle it wisely. Why North? Why, APC? Do you want to win at all cost even if it means trouble for us?

Finally, let me turn my gun to the ruling PDP and president GEJ in particular. I know many of our leaders always turn saint after service. Remember nothing last forever, this power and opportunities you have without maximising them will one day be taken away from you. I am very sure of this. By 2019 you may be put in the dustbin of history, if you don't up your game and if you ever won in 2015. The opponent before you is a litmus test of your strength. A word is enough for the wise.
Long live Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Opinion-why I Won't Vote APC, Buhari by temitemi1(m): 3:48pm On Dec 26, 2014
Then I say GEJ till 2019...

2 Likes

Re: Opinion-why I Won't Vote APC, Buhari by Geoffis: 4:03pm On Dec 26, 2014
APC is a party of disgruntled politicians, who are unhappy with the government of the day, not because they love Nigeria, but because they are not benefiting from government as usual.

Therefore, APC should be crushed like a Cockroach.

GEJ till 2019. AMEN.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion-why I Won't Vote APC, Buhari by holatin(m): 4:03pm On Dec 26, 2014
Really ?
Tell me who you re if you aren't pro-pdp
Reason y you hate buhari
Because he is north ! and d northern had been ruling for a lot of time.
Apc don't love dis country tell me is it Pdp that put the country and masses happiness before their greedy lust for power and money.

Only gullible Nigerian wount know you are a TANIOD forming An advocate for good Nigeria.

I want change
I want buhari even though am not from north.
I want buhari because he will eradicate corruption and insurgence.
I want buhari because he wount say mere stealing is not corruption.
I want buhari because he will wash and clean all the mess Jonathan government caused.
I want buhari for President

1 Like

Re: Opinion-why I Won't Vote APC, Buhari by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 4:19pm On Dec 26, 2014
So we still have sane people in this country?

2 Likes

Re: Opinion-why I Won't Vote APC, Buhari by inforesource: 9:52pm On Dec 26, 2014
holatin:
Really ?
Tell me who you re if you aren't pro-pdp
Reason y you hate buhari
Because he is north ! and d northern had been ruling for a lot of time.
Apc don't love dis country tell me is it Pdp that put the country and masses happiness before their greedy lust for power and money.

Only gullible Nigerian wount know you are a TANIOD forming An advocate for good Nigeria.

I want change
I want buhari even though am not from north.
I want buhari because he will eradicate corruption and insurgence.
I want buhari because he wount say mere stealing is not corruption.
I want buhari because he will wash and clean all the mess Jonathan government caused.
I want buhari for President
May God open your eyes. I did not post this to campaign for or against anybody or political party. I believe you didn't read my post carefully and with open mind. Buhari is not going to stop corruption. He is surrounded and sponsored by corrupt politicians.

About the fight against insurgency in Nigeria, Buhari will win the fight because the North will fully support him. If they do same with GEJ he will win as well. So that's not issue at all.
Re: Opinion-why I Won't Vote APC, Buhari by inforesource: 10:46am On Dec 27, 2014
mkpakanaodogwu:
So we still have sane people in this country?
Only unbiased Nigerians will see this. If we need change then we should change our approach. The difference between PDP and APC is AC as in letters but in contents they are the same.

(1) (Reply)

I'm A 6yrs Undergraduate, 200L Student And Need Extra 4yrs To Graduate Who Am I? / Prof Wole Soyinka Is Unpredictable.. / Professor Yemi Osinbajo,live On Channels TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.