Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,745 members, 7,851,559 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:50 PM

Nigerian Army Warn Amaechi And APC Against Inciteful Comments - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army Warn Amaechi And APC Against Inciteful Comments (1558 Views)

Campaign Poster Of The APC Against The PDP When 1USD Was N216(pics) / Amaechi And Wife Loved Up After His Ministerial Screening(photos) / I Was Told To Warn Amaechi By Aso Rock But... - Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Army Warn Amaechi And APC Against Inciteful Comments by Justcash(m): 2:07am On Dec 27, 2014
The Nigerian military yesterday warned politicians and activists against against actions capable of inciting or endorsing indiscipline in the Nigerian Arm Forces.
In a statement signed by the Director Defence Information, Maj.General Chris Olukolade, it said the call became necessary “as the trend got to another level on Tuesday when a prominent politician declared that “The soldiers have the right to protest for the Federal Government’s failure to fully equip them”.
The statement said that “It was expected that the fellow quoted or his party would have made immediate moves to correct this fallacy or erroneous impression being propagated especially in view of the level of knowledge of his principal and candidate in forthcoming elections. Unfortunately, no such gesture seem to be forthcoming. There is therefore the need to caution against the propagation of this dangerous idea before it causes more problems.
“For the avoidance of any doubt, the military institution rejects this declaration and its intention in all ramifications. The military law as recognized by the Constitution of the Federation is an appropriate legal document for the management of affairs of the military. The processes it outlines for handling military offences remain legal and will continue to be applied in the interest of the nation’s security and democracy.
“Individuals and interest groups seeking to play to the gallery by being meddlesome, sensational or mischievous in interpreting developments in the military are advised to moderate their activities with some decorum. It is clear that the false accusations that depend on unsubstantiated allegations being peddled on the military operations in Nigeria are intended to tarnish the reputation of Nigerian military and its leadership. The campaign apparently aimed at undermining constituted authority in the military must not be encouraged.
“It is obvious that most of the comments and sensational stories in the media have been oblivious of the fact that the processes are still ongoing and yet to be concluded. The war on terror is not all about equipment but mindset of both the military and the public. Inciting remarks can only compound the situation for all involved.
“The military is resolved to prosecute the counter terrorism campaign with all sense of commitment by the rank and file. The tendency to suggest or encourage dissention in the system will not yield any advantage to any well-meaning Nigerian citizen. Politicians are therefore requested to guide their utterances as the military remains a veritable institution of the state. Those who seek to undermine or destroy it should be prevailed upon to stop the mission considering the fact that the institution remains indispensable to government and its process under any dispensation.
“The Nigerian military reiterates its commitment to defending the nation’s democracy. Individuals and personalities are enjoined to refrain from pronouncement and attitude that seek to undermine the established justice/disciplinary procedures and processes of the military system. This counsel is very vital to the excellent civil-military relations which is crucial to the nation’s development.
“Incitement to protests or mutiny in the military is an ill wind that will ultimately blow no good to anyone. The military authorities should not be blackmailed with a view to forestalling the exercise of due command and control over the system as established by law in the interest of the nation. The Nigerian military has resolved not to yield to whims and caprices of those seeking to undermine its system purely for populist or political ends” it stated.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/dont-endorse-indiscipline-military-army-warns-politicians/

I think APC should be careful lest they make more enemies than they can handle

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Warn Amaechi And APC Against Inciteful Comments by Nobody: 2:17am On Dec 27, 2014
helele.
Re: Nigerian Army Warn Amaechi And APC Against Inciteful Comments by lekhane(m): 2:20am On Dec 27, 2014
So no more freedom of speech in Nigeria?
Re: Nigerian Army Warn Amaechi And APC Against Inciteful Comments by Nobody: 2:22am On Dec 27, 2014
The encouragement of mutiny by Governor Rotimi Amaechi is reckless and unfortunate. Nobody should take the military into politicking nor undermine the military as an institution

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Warn Amaechi And APC Against Inciteful Comments by trekkie: 2:25am On Dec 27, 2014
warning against "insightful" comments? ha ha ha please change this spelling "insight" different from "incite" grin grin grin i laughed so hard . The way it is now it's like the army is warning against having common sense..... cheesy Freudian slip perhaps? grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Warn Amaechi And APC Against Inciteful Comments by Justcash(m): 2:36am On Dec 27, 2014
trekkie:
warning against "insightful" comments? ha ha ha please change this spelling "insight" different from "incite" grin grin grin i laughed so hard . The way it is now it's like the army is warning against having common sense..... cheesy Freudian slip perhaps? grin grin grin grin

Thanks for the correction. Honest mistake.
Re: Nigerian Army Warn Amaechi And APC Against Inciteful Comments by trekkie: 2:49am On Dec 27, 2014
Justcash:

Thanks for the correction. Honest mistake.

no problem joor. it was just so funny grin grin
(though i would not be surprised if i saw a warning against common sense from the nigerian army ) ha ha a ha abeg

but sha o if he (amaechi) is talking carelessly, he should stop we don't need lightning to help detonate the ticking time bomb that is this country. (before politicians descend on me. i said if..

modified
it's clear now that i only read the title not the post grin grin grin grin grin but seriously sha.. i support the millitary on this and the guy is absolutely right.. it's not all about the equipment, mindset matters a great deal . i mean a lion with the heart of a chicken will always be defeated by a chicken with the heart of a lion and if amaechi has the interest of the nation at heart, he should desist from making such statements. .. i was leaning toward buhari but this makes me pause to wonder if i would not be throwing my vote away if i vote for apc...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Warn Amaechi And APC Against Inciteful Comments by ochilikoko(m): 3:58am On Dec 27, 2014
lekhane:
So no more freedom of speech in Nigeria?
you must be mad. Freedom of speech doesn't mean that you should assassinate another persons character
Re: Nigerian Army Warn Amaechi And APC Against Inciteful Comments by lonelydora: 3:59am On Dec 27, 2014
February 2015 should just come and pass so that man pikin go rest.
Re: Nigerian Army Warn Amaechi And APC Against Inciteful Comments by ruffp: 4:14am On Dec 27, 2014
Abeg will unreasonable people shut up already! There is absolutely nothing wrong with what Ameachi said.....the govt should simply ensure that the election is free and fair, and should be seen as such......simple! Where was the military when a PDP governor made a "kill the cockroaches" speech? Mtcheeeeew!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Warn Amaechi And APC Against Inciteful Comments by Nobody: 4:20am On Dec 27, 2014
lonelydora:
February 2015 should just come and pass so that man pikin go rest.
It tire me o
Re: Nigerian Army Warn Amaechi And APC Against Inciteful Comments by Nobody: 4:56am On Dec 27, 2014
Amechi.......no comment
Re: Nigerian Army Warn Amaechi And APC Against Inciteful Comments by alberto2k(m): 5:18am On Dec 27, 2014
I no lyk amaechi or APC...
Mehn But I'll always support El General Buhari

#One leg up
Re: Nigerian Army Warn Amaechi And APC Against Inciteful Comments by enzony(m): 5:39am On Dec 27, 2014
Amaechi seem too mischievous. Wonder how a grown man behaves like a child. Elections shall come and go and his governorship shall come to an end. Nigerians are opening their eyes to the true face of APC.
Re: Nigerian Army Warn Amaechi And APC Against Inciteful Comments by Caseless: 7:45am On Dec 27, 2014
barcanista:
The encouragement of mutiny by Governor Rotimi Amaechi is reckless and unfortunate. Nobody should take the military into politicking nor undermine the military as an institution
you are wrong, bro. Amaechi didn't wake up one morning and made that statement, something triggered it. Haven't you heard the cry of these men we have on the frontline as regard 'ill-equipment'? Where were you when governor Shettima came out to cry on their behalf and said boko haram members are more encouraged than the Nigerian military? When shetima did this, hell was let loose on him. For God's sake, these guys( men in the troubled states) are human beings, too. Why is anybody who tries to jack the gov't up by saying the truth always put on the chopping board? Nyako wrote an open letter outlining all the problems, he was impeached in return. Remember, things go wrong when men refuse to speak. Check between the statement of Amaechi and the action of sentencing mutineer to jail/death, which destroys the morale of those men on the frontline more?
And which military are you saying should not be drawn into politics? The one already immersed in politics? Or, are you not talking about the military that was used to keep opposition members away from ekiti election and was used to arrest some? Have u forgotten the militarization of edo and osun election?
As as i'm concerned this statement issued by the military came from those at DHQ diverting funds meant for boys on the ground and purchasing of equipments- so , expect them to be rattled when fearless men like Amaechi are speaking for the young men of the force.
Re: Nigerian Army Warn Amaechi And APC Against Inciteful Comments by size38: 7:55am On Dec 27, 2014
Nigerian Army should go and warn Abubakar Shauku and boko haram. They should leave my governor and opposition parties alone. Particularly APC. Nigerian Army should be ashamed of themselves by calling themselves Army when they cannot confront boko haram while their camerounian counterparts are doing their jobs for them.
Re: Nigerian Army Warn Amaechi And APC Against Inciteful Comments by Nobody: 7:59am On Dec 27, 2014
Caseless:
you are wrong, bro. Amaechi didn't wake up one morning and made that statement, something triggered it. Haven't you hear the cry of these men we have on the frontline on 'ill-equipment'? Where were you when governor Shettima came out to cry on their behalf on how boko haram are more encouraged than the Nigerian military? When shetima did this, hell was let loose on him. For God's sake, these guys are human beings, too. Why is anybody who tries to jack the govt up by saying the truth always put on the chopping board? Nyako wrote an open letter outlining all the problems, he was impeached in return. Remember, things go wrong when men refuse to speak. Check between the statement of Amaechi and sentencing to jail/death of mutineers, which destroys the morale of those men on the frontline more?
And which military are you saying should not be drawn into politics? The one already immersed in politics? Or, are you not talking about the military that was used to keep opposition members away from ekiti election and was used to arrest some? Have u forgotten the militarization of edo and osun election?
As as i'm concerned this statement issued by the military came from those at DHQ diverting funds meant for boys on the ground and purchasing of equipments- so , expect them to be rattled when fearless men like Amaechi are speaking for the young men of the force.
The army have line of communication, it is not the business of politicians to form activism on behalf of the ranks and junior officers. I don't endorse short-paying the boys, at the same time I won't encourange taking laws into your hands. Yes, some BIG Ogas them may be feeding fat, but does that justify telling the boys to protest? Hell No! Politicians should stop playing politics with the military. In what capacity was Amaechi speaking? is he the NSA? CDS? COAS? a GOC? Defence Minister? a committee head? he should have written to the Senate committee on defence or House committee on defence if he doesn't want to meet with the President. He could have even tabled the matter at the council of state meeting for deliberation- or what is the purpose of CoS? Bros, let's tell ourselves the truth, Amaechi was too political in his statement. Encouraging mutiny to me is treason though he might have acted ignorantly

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army Warn Amaechi And APC Against Inciteful Comments by subterfuge: 8:27am On Dec 27, 2014
Nincompoopppp PDP army. Goodluck Ebola Jonathan army. we know you are politicians in kaki. If you are really full blooded circummcized. men in Nigerian, army. go and warn book haram!!! I challenge you. Olukolade. Can you even work in Harmony with yourselves? let alone foreign armies that came to help.
Re: Nigerian Army Warn Amaechi And APC Against Inciteful Comments by lekhane(m): 9:02am On Dec 27, 2014
ochilikoko:
you must be mad. Freedom of speech doesn't mean that you should assassinate another persons character
take it easy bro, is that not why the court is there? They should learn to do the right thing and not just come out to threaten and to deny one of his rights
Re: Nigerian Army Warn Amaechi And APC Against Inciteful Comments by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 27, 2014
barcanista:
The army have line of communication, it is not the business of politicians to form activism on behalf of the ranks and junior officers. I don't endorse short-paying the boys, at the same time I won't encourange taking laws into your hands. Yes, some BIG Ogas them may be feeding fat, but does that justify telling the boys to protest? Hell No! Politicians should stop playing politics with the military. In what capacity was Amaechi speaking? is he the NSA? CDS? COAS? a GOC? Defence Minister? a committee head? he should have written to the Senate committee on defence or House committee on defence if he doesn't want to meet with the President. He could have even tabled the matter at the council of state meeting for deliberation- or what is the purpose of CoS? Bros, let's tell ourselves the truth, Amaechi was too political in his statement. Encouraging mutiny to me is treason though he might have acted ignorantly
And when the line of communication is working? The military belongs to us all, we should not allow our men die cheaply. Why do think the Democrats were all over Bush for over stretching the army.
The DHQ should concentrate of welfare and arms for our troops, that is the first option to prevent mutiny.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Warn Amaechi And APC Against Inciteful Comments by joeyfire(m): 9:30am On Dec 27, 2014
Amaechi is an irresponsible man and a lousy leader. His only hope for survival is if Buhari wins the elections and he is scaring people off that possibility. Nobody wants to elect a lawless clique into power.
Re: Nigerian Army Warn Amaechi And APC Against Inciteful Comments by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 27, 2014
Obiagelli:

And when the line of communication is working? The military belongs to us all, we should not allow our men die cheaply. Why do think the Democrats were all over Bush for over stretching the army.
The DHQ should concentrate of welfare and arms for our troops, that is the first option to prevent mutiny.
I believe it is irresponsible to promote illegality or rascality in the guise of correcting a system. Amaechi is a member of National council of State, he should table the matter through the channel or he meet with the President of Nigeria. His action amounts to rascality which is highly condemnable.
Re: Nigerian Army Warn Amaechi And APC Against Inciteful Comments by PassingShot(m): 10:27am On Dec 27, 2014
barcanista:
I believe it is irresponsible to promote illegality or rascality in the guise of correcting a system. Amaechi is a member of National council of State, he should table the matter through the channel or he meet with the President of Nigeria. His action amounts to rascality which is highly condemnable.

Barcanista, I understand your point and I commend you. But we have to understand that rascality is the language known to this regime. A government who tacitly supports provocative comments against opposition figures by their own men should not be spared.

If there was absence of rascality, they would have stolen Osun state in the last election.
Re: Nigerian Army Warn Amaechi And APC Against Inciteful Comments by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 27, 2014
Any form of rascality that threatens national peace and security, and go against lay down procedure is an invitation to anarchy and must be condemned by all. Osun state's racality was in consonance with the law. Amaechi's own isn't. Like I earlier said, his position gives him the rare privilege to solicit for their cause through the channel of council of state, meeting with the President, Courtesy visit to Service Chiefs, NSA and Defence ministers among other channels.
PassingShot:

Barcanista, I understand your point and I commend you. But we have to understand that rascality is the language known to this regime. A government who tacitly supports provocative comments against opposition figures by their own men should not be spared.

If there was absence of rascality, they would have stolen Osun state in the last election.
Even Bola Tinubu as Governor did not misbehave when Lagos funds were seized by Baba Iyabo, and he was very aggressive to reclaim it which paid off. His aggressiveness never threatened the country
Re: Nigerian Army Warn Amaechi And APC Against Inciteful Comments by cordj2: 11:25am On Dec 27, 2014
Where was Nigerian Army when Asari Dokubo threatened that Nigeria will cease to exist should Goodluck Jonathan loose next year election?
Re: Nigerian Army Warn Amaechi And APC Against Inciteful Comments by Caseless: 11:50am On Dec 27, 2014
barcanista:
The army have line of communication, it is not the business of politicians to form activism on behalf of the ranks and junior officers. I don't endorse short-paying the boys, at the same time I won't encourange taking laws into your hands. Yes, some BIG Ogas them may be feeding fat, but does that justify telling the boys to protest? Hell No! Politicians should stop playing politics with the military.
which line of communication are we talking about, the one that has broken down already? Do u think junior officers have any link or route to communicate with their superior? It is 'obey the last order' kowai!

barcanista:
In what capacity was Amaechi speaking? is he the NSA? CDS? COAS? a GOC? Defence Minister? a committee head? he should have written to the Senate committee on defence or House committee on defence if he doesn't want to meet with the President. He could have even tabled the matter at the council of state meeting for deliberation- or what is the purpose of CoS?
Amaechi is first of all a Nigerian before becoming a governor- so he reserves that right to speak on whatever he sees not alright. Are you really saying he should have written to those in position? Com'on! You know our authority doesn't respond to letters secretly written, until you go public. You remember obj and bisi akande both wrote
several private letters and got no response before they went public with their respective complaint. SLS wrote to gej like 2 months earlier before it was leaked out and it was when this happened that gej acted and fired him, the whistle-blower. Amaechi used the right channel. Even shetima had to go public too.
barcanista:
Bros, let's tell ourselves the truth, Amaechi was too political in his statement. Encouraging mutiny to me is treason though he might have acted ignorantly
Amaechi did not encourage mutiny , he stated what we already know. I'm sure it was not his statement that triggered the series of mutiny we've recorded in the NE, the action of DHQ/FG did. We've had those that went on a peace mission protesting too in foreign land because one corrupt commander or general cutting the pay meant for the junior officers. This is not the problem that started jst yesterday.
There was an inlaw of mine, a captain who was killed few months ago. The stories i heard from his wife on the treatment from the authority were shocking. Can u imagine a captain in war front without a good bullet-proof vest? His younger brother told me how the took a bad RPG to combat boko haram and , upon firing once the mouth bent. The same guy told me that since he was posted to maiduguri, they(NA) recorded success just once and, that was when they ambushed BH in one of their camps. He said they travelled 3hr to get to that place- due to the heat they were dehydrated and were without water. Can u believe that it was after the ambush, BH members in that particular camp (it was an organized camp with mikano and refrigerator) fled that they were able to get water from the 'fridge' to drink? He said they had to eat chicken and whatever food they cud lay their hand on in that camp. Boko haram get 'bottled' water to drink, but our men no get.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Prostitutes To Declare Three Days Of Free Sex If Buhari Wins / Buhari's Response To Army / Jonathan Lacks Will To Crush B’haram, Buhari Tells Kerry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.