Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Why We Stopped Buying Nigeria’s Oil, By White House - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why We Stopped Buying Nigeria’s Oil, By White House (48474 Views)

'Muslims To Be Stopped From Entering US'- Donald Trump / Raffi Freedman-Gurspan, First Transgender White House Official (Photos) / White House Makes It Official : US “at War” With IS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Stopped Buying Nigeria’s Oil, By White House by Dekatron(m): 4:20pm On Dec 27, 2014
note:am no commerce student
you see,there is more to this than what some of us are seeing it. Like we all know,the ALMIGHTY UNITED STATE IS VERY EGOCENTRIC(so is china o). American presidency is not like our presidency. I strongly believe that U.S has probably got a hold of the neck of our politicians. From the articles,LOBBYSTS were mentioned. Since these people feed fat from this,and America tried destroying them,they would have sought for solutions cos they would lose if they did'nt.WHY?. We all know U.S to be a country that makes a wise man look clueless and will format your head. Its either our politicians are dum.b to look for solutions or U.S has got them where they can't resist,hence lobbying with lotta dollars(our govt. is not dum.b to the extent of not protecting its source of feeding).remember,America is probably seeing this,and they've got the space.
also,science is the way. SOUTH KOREA got no NATURAL RESOURCE,see their country,cos they have got a good graps of science.
THOSE SAYING:SAI BUHARI.a man of his age should step down. since he is known for his no corruption tolerance,he ought to have groomed and mentored a younger politician,after all,any BUHARI CANDIDATE OUGHT TO BE INCORRUPT LIKE HIS MENTOR instead of a GRANDFATHER keep on contesting and failing.

BTW,what does SAI BUHARI mean?
Re: Why We Stopped Buying Nigeria’s Oil, By White House by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 27, 2014
ttmacoy:
God bless.

I have always said Nigerians seem to have a bigger image of themselves on the international scene than is reality and are ready to believe every silly conspiracy theories rather than logical common sense.

You spend more on churches and pastors than science and education and you wonder why you are still so backward depending on others for everything.

It's very frustrating. And utterly embarrassing. Imagine a non-Nigerian seeing this thread, with not one, not two, but several people claiming the US is "angry" about the "gay law", and "jealous" of Nigeria, or any number of "they want to get back at us". Like other governments behave like primary school children the way Nigeria's government does.

It's humiliating.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Stopped Buying Nigeria’s Oil, By White House by koife(m): 4:22pm On Dec 27, 2014
I don't think it has anything to do with the gay ISH...me think that this total buy seizure stems from the fact that nja govt withdrew military person els who were undergoing special training course on counter terrorism as a reprisal attack on US refusal to sale military hardware to nja....and going ahead to buy weapons from rushia and black market/train special forces on counter terrorism. This directly oppose us foreign policy on sales of weapon in black market and worst coming when us-russia relationship is going soar over Crimea triggering a thunderous sanction. Nigeria just happen to suffer coz of d nja-russia military ties.

1 Like

Re: Why We Stopped Buying Nigeria’s Oil, By White House by Ebukaokeke5: 4:28pm On Dec 27, 2014
Applause 2 d American government! Good works bro! Dat way d Goodluck administration 'd b 2 broke 2 love governance anymore.He and all deir PDP goons must loose grip of d government of Nigeria.Again I say thanx 2 d American government 4 aiding d total destruction of d PDP government in Nigeria.Yahweh bless America.

1 Like

Re: Why We Stopped Buying Nigeria’s Oil, By White House by Gracefulkharis(f): 4:40pm On Dec 27, 2014
[/color]
vedaxcool:
Are they implying mr. Palm oil face aka clueless has something to do about this zero oil import? grin grin any way GEJ till dec 31 2014 after that I can not guarantee anything.
grin grin

mtcheww[color=#006600]
vedaxcool:
Are they implying mr. Palm oil face aka clueless has something to do about this zero oil import? grin grin any way GEJ till dec 31 2014 after that I can not guarantee anything.
grin grin

mtcheww
vedaxcool:
grin grin
vedaxcool:
grin grin

mtcheww[color=#006600]
vedaxcool:
grin grin

mtcheww
vedaxcool:
grin grin
[/color]
vedaxcool:
grin grin

mtcheww
vedaxcool:
grin grin

mtcheww
vedaxcool:
grin grin

mtcheww
Re: Why We Stopped Buying Nigeria’s Oil, By White House by awenaibangbee: 4:42pm On Dec 27, 2014
So in your mind, we have been moving forward?

We have 10.5 million children out of school and we are moving forward?

The US is jealous of our millions of unemployed and unemployable youths?

The world's 6th largest oil producer imports 80% of its petroleum products and the US is jealous?

90% of Nigerians lack access to water or quality health care, and we are moving forward.

In 2015, FG has informed us that we will spend 70% of our income on salaries, allowances and other recurrent expenditure and only 30% will go to roads, health care, and other capital projects. Make we dey analyse this thing with common sense o.

deletrue:
Triple amen. Na so America dey do. Very julious class of people. If American sees dey move forward and patronise others, bad bele don start.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Stopped Buying Nigeria’s Oil, By White House by nworanco(m): 4:42pm On Dec 27, 2014
u are economic with the truth, Jeg administration is only that scrutinized oil sector to its entirety . Thats why strong western and local cabals that have been stolen our oil since inception started fighting him.

Also personally Obama whom Nigerians in USA voted for never like NIGERIA AS A COUNTRY . Could u remember his first visit to Africa as American President ? He excluded the most Africa' s and wealthiest economy . He also knew that Nigeria as a Government Will never succumb to his GAY LAW legalization.
So these are Jonathan's Sins.
Thank God for his stands behind us.
Forget about America for a nation full of milk and honey will rule over the world . The country is not USA but a small nation according to my will soon rule over the whole universe.
Re: Why We Stopped Buying Nigeria’s Oil, By White House by Donbrig: 4:43pm On Dec 27, 2014
We mustn't be blind. Americans are not fools, they systematically distanced themselves from GEJ administration due to the alarming rate of corruption in the country. Pls, mark my words, if GMB wins 2015 election by the special grace of God, Nigeria's relationship with U.S.A and the rest of the world will improve dramatically.

Buhari/Osinbajo

2 Likes

Re: Why We Stopped Buying Nigeria’s Oil, By White House by 989900: 4:45pm On Dec 27, 2014
markpenk:
The reasons are pretty obvious for anyone who has been listening to the news and actively following global events:

1. America refused to sell high grade military weapons to Nigeria because somehow the weapons inevitably ended up in the arms of the terrorists. And as far as the US is concerned, it makes sense to distance themselves from Nigeria seeing as it would only be a matter of time before the world identified the weapons used in killing innocent Nigerians as being from the US.

2. The statement that the US ramped up its crude oil production is basically politic-speak. They had to distance themselves from the country because "we're simply bad business". This explains why they upped their crude oil order with other OPEC nations.

Anyone with eyes can see that this is clearly the case.

What can the country do to recover from the current naira slump and possible economic collapse?

1. Actively seek out other buyer nations and offer them a better deal.
2. Apply palliative measures such as shoring up the value of the naira while looking for a permanent solution (see my points 1 and 4)
3. Divest and actively invest in other high revenue sectors.
4. Build/repair our own refineries and start exporting refined crude oil. This will be the best step we could ever take, and can be executed within six to twelve months if the government throws everything they've got at it.

That's pretty much it. Nigeria's issues aren't that difficult to fix. In fact, this might be the best thing to happen to us since '73. Now, we can actually get to work and grow our economy.

If only the 'ogas'(fools) @ the top can reason.

1 Like

Re: Why We Stopped Buying Nigeria’s Oil, By White House by tevinsolt: 4:48pm On Dec 27, 2014
I'm glad they stopped, it has created more Jobs, and gas is really cheap, so in other words Bleep Nigeria and it's useless thieving archaic government.

1 Like

Re: Why We Stopped Buying Nigeria’s Oil, By White House by nworanco(m): 4:51pm On Dec 27, 2014
u are economic with the truth, Jeg administration is only that scrutinized oil sector to its entirety . Thats why strong western and local cabals that have been stolen our oil since inception started fighting him.

Also personally Obama whom Nigerians in USA voted for never like NIGERIA AS A COUNTRY . Could u remember his first visit to Africa as American President ? He excluded the most Africa' s and wealthiest economy . He also knew that Nigeria as a Government Will never succumb to his GAY LAW legalization.
Forget about America for a nation full of milk and honey will rule over the world . The country is not USA but a small nation according to my will soon rule over the universe .
Re: Why We Stopped Buying Nigeria’s Oil, By White House by nworanco(m): 4:54pm On Dec 27, 2014
koife:
I don't think it has anything to do with the gay ISH...me think that this total buy seizure stems from the fact that nja govt withdrew military person els who were undergoing special training course on counter terrorism as a reprisal attack on US refusal to sale military hardware to nja....and going ahead to buy weapons from rushia and black market/train special forces on counter terrorism. This directly oppose us foreign policy on sales of weapon in black market and worst coming when us-russia urelationship is going soar over Crimea triggering a thunderous sanction. Nigeria just happen to suffer coz of d nja-russia military ties.

Forget about America for a nation full of milk and honey will rule over the world . The country is not USA but a small nation according to my will soon rule over the whole universe.
Re: Why We Stopped Buying Nigeria’s Oil, By White House by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 27, 2014
American Navy siphoning Ogoni people crude oil from sea underground since 1998.
Re: Why We Stopped Buying Nigeria’s Oil, By White House by justin04(m): 5:06pm On Dec 27, 2014
US is just giving excuses. The bottom line is they don't like the current Nigerian administration and are trying to force the Nigerian citizens to either vote them out or revolt.
Re: Why We Stopped Buying Nigeria’s Oil, By White House by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 27, 2014
You guys don't like the US anyways, go sell your oil to your new Russian and Chinese friends grin

I'm glad they stopped buying. Our leaders steal and waste the monies anyways.

1 Like

Re: Why We Stopped Buying Nigeria’s Oil, By White House by chudyboy05(m): 5:09pm On Dec 27, 2014
I like this U.S of country. Let's know if oil thieves will changed their routes. Lets know if they will start stealing human been since they have rubbed us blind. This oil should dry up;abeg baba God. I never enjoy this oil of a thing since I came into this country!
Re: Why We Stopped Buying Nigeria’s Oil, By White House by Nmeri17: 5:15pm On Dec 27, 2014
queenbesha:

If you are too lazy to read or your BRAIN IS TOO TINY to carry it...back off! Others are enjoying their reading undecided

my brain is too tiny to carry it. LOL. but you can't even spell 'Queen Sheba' correctly @yur username. if that is how people with big brains arr then I'm satisfied with my tiny brain
Re: Why We Stopped Buying Nigeria’s Oil, By White House by nworanco(m): 5:15pm On Dec 27, 2014
Critics might use thia time to criticize the current administration. But they refuses to understand that American Govt. never want our unity as a COUNTRY. American Govt are known for Championed the campaign of anti terrorism but they refused to sell military equipments to Nigerian Military force against BOKO HARAM. Is it not against anti terrorism stand to Nigerians?
Re: Why We Stopped Buying Nigeria’s Oil, By White House by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 27, 2014
islandbreeze:
American Navy siphoning Ogoni people crude oil from sea underground since 1998.

While Nigerian Navy looks on abi?

1 Like

Re: Why We Stopped Buying Nigeria’s Oil, By White House by sulistical: 5:23pm On Dec 27, 2014
Lucky77:
This is the handwork of Buhari and APC !!! but this Buhari man strong o o; he sponsored bokoharam, sponsored corruption, 'killed' EFCC, weakened our beloved Naira, etc, etc, and now has instructed USA not to buy our oil - all to make Nigeria ungovernable for Jonathan.
umm. Bros haba na buhari cum get mouth control all this. It is just result of overdepent.and ignorance on agriculture.. If U. S like am or not we go succeed.i dnt really trust dem with all their help. I jst dey wonder if APC na THE only opposition party 2 PDP we GET 4 Nigeria. GEJ might have work but the corruptiön is 2 much. The mess has deeply stained us . And we've got 2 say ENOUGH 2 THE SHIT
Re: Why We Stopped Buying Nigeria’s Oil, By White House by KingsleyTMTTM(m): 5:23pm On Dec 27, 2014
markpenk:
The reasons are pretty obvious for anyone who has been listening to the news and actively following global events:

1. America refused to sell high grade military weapons to Nigeria because somehow the weapons inevitably ended up in the arms of the terrorists. And as far as the US is concerned, it makes sense to distance themselves from Nigeria seeing as it would only be a matter of time before the world identified the weapons used in killing innocent Nigerians as being from the US.

2. The statement that the US ramped up its crude oil production is basically politic-speak. They had to distance themselves from the country because "we're simply bad business". This explains why they upped their crude oil order with other OPEC nations.

Anyone with eyes can see that this is clearly the case.

What can the country do to recover from the current naira slump and possible economic collapse?

1. Actively seek out other buyer nations and offer them a better deal.
2. Apply palliative measures such as shoring up the value of the naira while looking for a permanent solution (see my points 1 and 4)
3. Divest and actively invest in other high revenue sectors.
4. Build/repair our own refineries and start exporting refined crude oil. This will be the best step we could ever take, and can be executed within six to twelve months if the government throws everything they've got at it.

That's pretty much it. Nigeria's issues aren't that difficult to fix. In fact, this might be the best thing to happen to us since '73. Now, we can actually get to work and grow our economy.
this man deserves a grammy, good to know mature guys like him are still on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Why We Stopped Buying Nigeria’s Oil, By White House by Tocheagle(m): 5:38pm On Dec 27, 2014
DaBullIT:

Manipulative foooolz huh ? Your Mùmú na latest version
you must be a brainless fellow to think america cares for us
Re: Why We Stopped Buying Nigeria’s Oil, By White House by sulistical: 5:39pm On Dec 27, 2014
vinkolo:
United states of Animals, hmmmmmm, you guys delisted Nigeria from your Visa lottery we pretended we never cared, you refused training our army because they refused to return all the weapons they are using to wedge boko haram which van never be possible, you refused to give us your Ebola drugs yet God saw us true, America una wicked no be small, America's Ernest prayer is to see Nigeria separated. now una no wan buy our oil again? ok we go pursue una companies commot from our country, chevron etc.
Re: Why We Stopped Buying Nigeria’s Oil, By White House by markpenk: 5:39pm On Dec 27, 2014
Thanks man... good to know there are likeminded folks here too. Cheers.
KingsleyTMTTM:
this man deserves a grammy, good to know mature guys like him are still on nairaland.
Re: Why We Stopped Buying Nigeria’s Oil, By White House by Tocheagle(m): 5:42pm On Dec 27, 2014
samento:
We are the cause of our problems. Hear your submission. We should give china higher attention instead of making agricultural products our priority.
yes we should give agriculture top priority, but the countries we have relationship with , matters a lot
Re: Why We Stopped Buying Nigeria’s Oil, By White House by markpenk: 5:44pm On Dec 27, 2014
Bruv... if only. Our leaders' mental lethargy isn't because they lack what it takes, it's just because their bellies are too full. If they had more motivation, we wouldn't be in this mess. There's a saying that a real man always sees the signs. Nothing happens to him suddenly. These guys saw it coming, yet they did nothing.
989900:

If only the 'ogas'(fools) @ the top can reason.
Re: Why We Stopped Buying Nigeria’s Oil, By White House by Lerumo: 5:47pm On Dec 27, 2014
WhiteTechnology:
I wonder how Buhari will achieve economic diversification when He and APC has rejected systems that makes our States LGAs and Private Sector the vanguard of national development.

Buhari will never eradicate corruption and poverty because he will never implement the following

Resource control

Fiscal federalism

Privatization

Political federalism

Decentralization of Nigeria

Restructuring of Nigeria

Institutions submitting their quarterly activities to public scrutiny

Which are the fastest route to economic diversification , citizenry prosperity and political stability

Buhari is not the Messiah

SW stop hanging to false hope

Can you please tell us, who the messiah is.
Re: Why We Stopped Buying Nigeria’s Oil, By White House by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 27, 2014
I can proudly tell you that 99.9% of people commenting here didn't read that post finish...
Blame that on the op.

For postin the whole tin instead of the main paragraphs and dropin the source for my likes that will like to read more.

Anyway! Am goin to drop my comment but first lemme finish reading the post.

#breathing in chinese#
Men that tin long jooor no be small

Abeg somebody should summarize o
Re: Why We Stopped Buying Nigeria’s Oil, By White House by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 27, 2014
Lerumo:

Can you please tell us, who the messiah is.

You and I especially as we call for true federalism
Re: Why We Stopped Buying Nigeria’s Oil, By White House by knockturnal(m): 5:55pm On Dec 27, 2014
tellmoon:
If U ask me, I believe this is not unconnected with our refusal to sign the gay law... my thought anyway.

U just hit the nail with a Mighty Hammer
Re: Why We Stopped Buying Nigeria’s Oil, By White House by sulistical: 5:55pm On Dec 27, 2014
Ahmeduana:

NOT ONLY THAT, PLUS MAKING SURE THAT THEY ACTUALLISED THEIR PROPHESY OF DISTINGERATION OF THE ENTITY CALLED NIGERIA, AND WHAT A BETTER WAY TO DO IT THAN CAUSING US ECONOMY SET BACK OR COLLAPSE, WHILE THEY ARE ALSO SECRETLY FINANCING BOKO HARAM. But as they say in my language "Olohun ju won lo"
Re: Why We Stopped Buying Nigeria’s Oil, By White House by queenbesha(f): 6:07pm On Dec 27, 2014
Nmeri17:

my brain is too tiny to carry it. LOL. but you can't even spell 'Queen Sheba' correctly @yur username. if that is how people with big brains arr then I'm satisfied with my tiny brain

Oh come on.....who in the world told you that I meant 'Queen Sheba?' Pls dear my precious username 'Queenbesha' is purposely coined and not a mistake of any form....GOT THAT undecided

Quit making SILLY ASSUMPTIONS...for your own good. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Is Mugabe Sleeping At Graduation Ceremony Of Zimbabwe Open University? (Pics) / Dubai Police Officers Sharing Refreshments To Road Users Stuck In Traffic - PICS / Mohammed bin Salman Addresses World Economic Forum From The Desert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.