Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Why There Can't Be Evidence For God - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why There Can't Be Evidence For God (12809 Views)

Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? / Fulfilled Prophecies: Evidence For The Reliability Of The Bible / The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why There Can't Be Evidence For God by GooseBaba: 12:33am On Jan 13, 2015
herald9:

Lolz.. senseless cause you know we stand to gain nothing from all these atheism, theism,agnostic bullshiiit

Lol..... No wahala..
Re: Why There Can't Be Evidence For God by macof(m): 11:52pm On Jan 16, 2015
plaetton:
@macof,

I think you are confusing faith with conviction.
They are two different things.
Faith is usually grounded on more faith, perhaps grounded on cascades of myth or legend piled on top each other.

Conviction , on the other hand, is grounded on knowledge, experience, statistical extrapolation, observation or other forms of anecdotal evidence.

I kept u hanging for a while...sorry about that

Dear plaetton, by my understanding of human feelings I find that the only difference between faith and conviction is certainty

I admit tho reading my previous post, it seemed i was taking Faith as conviction...I was truly mixing few things up which I will like to clear out and retract some statements

I said faith is "assurance and confidence in things expected" even the Bible backs me up here (Hebrew 11:1)
I see it rather grounded on hope nt more faith, I don't really get what you meant there

But if u don't have a problem with my definition above, pls explain what Could possibly give assurance of things not seen, if not deduction?
Bare in mind that such analysis can prove to be wrong with time...it's still assumption regardless
Re: Why There Can't Be Evidence For God by macof(m): 12:33am On Jan 17, 2015
Pr0ton:

Except what led to your faith isn't based on faith then it's no longer faith. Faith deals with assumption which is still faith.

Guess plaetton has answered you on that one.

Your only assured by assumptions that Chelsea would beat West brom. The result, in the end, may favour your view, and it may not. It doesn't neccessarily give you the future it only gives you the possibility.

Yes simply possibility, this feeling of assurance is truly of assumption as you've said but assumption borne out of thoughts, weighing the sides and reaching a conclusion
#Myaccount

Forgive the previous error of mine, I was greatly misunderstood...I hope I am clearer now
Re: Why There Can't Be Evidence For God by macof(m): 12:40am On Jan 17, 2015
herald9:
@Goosebaba...You're plowing out of line...our focus was on the inventors of Deism...

I told you that the concept of Deism originated from the west...so I had every right to quote any western author to support my assertion... but you tried to counter me by saying the belief was still there even before the invasion of Europe...

So I don't really know how you arrived at that epistle you wrote there... it's very incoherent and off topic ...

Now to your question on how the Europeans enlightened Africa... It's only an ingrate that will refuse to acknowledge the source of his success.

-The Europeans espoused the use of reason and science as a universal method for obtaining knowledge and solving human problems.

-Their enlightenment freed we Africans from the darkness of ignorance, the burden of false/barbaric beliefs, and the destructive influence of prejudices and superstition.

-They brought about the believe in liberty,equality,secular society, democracy and in the potential of education, science and technology which in turn improved our condition - reducing poverty, misery and diseases.

So the Western world played a big role in the transformation of Africa... No amount of arguments can override that...So again, give credit to whom credit is due.
You're a big beneficiary of this enlightenment,if not,you wouldn't have been punching that keyboard to write that... You'd have probably been a hut,casting cowries to decide who's next to be sacrificed to appease angry gods.

herald9:

You mean while you were still worshipping Ifa, Sango, Oduduwa, etc you knew about atheism and Deism... Hmmm for this blatant lie...you deserved to be crucified. grin

Please go study the history of your country and stop displaying 9:29pm ignorance...
The whitemen are the source of our enlightenment... Give credits to whom credit is due...without them,we'd still be licking asses of the gods.

You mean we've no other purpose apart that of reproduction?

best to leave this fool in his folly. I see just mental slavery and lack of knowledge
Re: Why There Can't Be Evidence For God by macof(m): 12:43am On Jan 17, 2015
herald9:
@Goosebaba they didn't 'invent' thoughts...they 'refined' our way of thinking and brought about the concepts of Deism and others...

Undoubtedly, the pre-colonial Africa had their own system of government. But in this system,there was nothing like separation of power... thus the king possessed absolute power and used the military to defend his sovereignty. As we all know that absolute power corrupts absolutely, we had many cases were kings became heartless dictators,etc. But with the intervention of the Europeans,we are now operating a Democratic system of government which you now have freedom to criticize your government and go scot-free.

Sure,we traded with the British perfectly... But what were we trading on? Millions of people were pulled out of their homes as a result of slave raids,communities clashed against each other,blinded with greed and lust for power, Africans saw themselves as goodies for making money till it became a war of survival of the fittest -So much for a thinking ancestors ...It was only with the rise of industrial revolution in Britain that the focus shifted from slave thread to raw materials for factories...

You and your cohort are just suffering from stolen, undiluted pride(pazienza park well undecided)

I can see you've not benefitted much from their enlightenment, that's why you went from believing in witchcraft and other bogus superstitions to the believe in exploding atoms that gave birth to the universe ...

I'm not saying we should worship them...like I said before,give credit to whom credit is due.

I think we've digressed from the main topic...If you still don't wanna give up...we can battle this out on another thread.

BTW,happy Sundaysmiley

This is why History is very important. Africans like this fool here lack knowledge in history of Africa.
I don't know what hole u scrawled out of claiming enlightenment but certainly u need to seek ur European givers of enlightenment, maybe they can direct you and give u their shit to eat...idiot!

1 Like

Re: Why There Can't Be Evidence For God by macof(m): 12:51am On Jan 17, 2015
herald9:

Mr Goosebaba, You're so uncouth,with cognitive dissonance.. I was right afterall when I said you have comprehension problem....I asked of your achievements and your telling me about your ambitions...

So Theists don't lend a helping hand,they only just pray? Stop being naive... Follow others and learn...

#bye

Omg!,see the fool lacking in comprehension accusing someone else of his own offence in the same post grin

1 Like

Re: Why There Can't Be Evidence For God by herald9: 6:08am On Jan 17, 2015
macof:

best to leave this fool in his folly. I see just mental slavery and lack of knowledge

Sorry, Your brain has force closed unexpectedly.

Click here to Rebootsmiley
Re: Why There Can't Be Evidence For God by GooseBaba: 3:05pm On Jan 17, 2015
herald9:

Sorry, Your brain has force closed unexpectedly.

Click here to Rebootsmiley

I hope this thread puts you in the path of "critical thinking " because you are clearly a disgrace to yourself.. undecided
Re: Why There Can't Be Evidence For God by macof(m): 8:01pm On Jan 17, 2015
GooseBaba:

I hope this thread puts you in the path of "critical thinking " because you are clearly a disgrace to yourself.. undecided

The guy is suffering from a critical case of inferiority complex, it's prevalent among our people
It's No wonder Africa is a mess

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Do So Many Black People (including Nigerians) Believe In God? / Any Pastor Who Can’t Control His Libido Shouldn’t Go Near Pulpit — Yakubu Pam / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.