Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Appeal To All: Feminism - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Appeal To All: Feminism (18623 Views)

Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! / View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. / Adichie’s Feminism: Vacuums And Fallacies By A. Gonzaga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by bukatyne(f): 4:18pm On Dec 29, 2014
damiso:
Hi Bukatyne..

Compliments of the season to you smiley

I actually agree with most of your original post. I too think its boring the way feminism is dragged into everything I.e. 'my bro wife refused to give me meat' next thing 'the wife must be a feminist' I also dislike the way everything must be adjudged according to gender lines and as such issues that are sometimes peculiar to a couple have to turn into pages upon pages of gender wars.

That said the part I disagree with in your post is when you made a mention of homo.sex.ual people.Britain(will use that cos I live there and have studied this subject academically) actually has a legislation called the Equality and Diversity Act and the underlying premise is that Everyone is equal regardless of race,GENDER (I bolded that for a reason), age, religion, se.xual orientation, disability etc etc.

See definition:
Equality and diversity is a term used in the United Kingdom to define and champion equality, diversity and human rights as defining values of society. It promotes equality of opportunity for all, giving every individual the chance to achieve their potential, free fromprejudice and discrimination.

That definition is almost the same as that of feminism only replace with women's rights.So in essence like feminism it seeks to say that we are all Equal which is what most modern feminist tend to agree with.To say you dont agree with gay people means you have a prejudice against them. So in essence if you agree that gay people are not like everybody else like it is in Nigerian law you are actually don't believe in an Equal society for All. If you discriminate against a disabled person or think an older person might not necessarily be good for a job based on their age alone (not based on skills experience and readiness to do a job) you don't believe in a truly equal society.(note those ifs are not second guessing your beliefs pls clarify where you think differently).

I used to think that society should treat ALL people equally and have an interest (both academically and profdessionally) in Equality and Diversity but the more I study it as well as experience real life I see that a truly EQUAL society is an Utopia that sadly does not exist.

Some of the principles of TRUE EQUALITY (not just gender equality) also go against my faith in some aspects. So all in all its a very subjective topic.

Note also upon all the legislation (which am sure was to pander to some certain groups lipsrsealed) Britain is still a largely inequal society in certain respects.

This is an epistle! Lol!

I do not think I am superior to gays and vice versa... I will will not deprive them of their rights or entitlement if I have such position. That said, I do not agree with their sex.ual orientation.

@Other people, elders etc. I do not discriminate and give the best fit for the job. I do not even believe in quota system of 10 women must sit in This panel and then 10 women are gotten whether they are suitable or not.
Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by AfricanApple(f): 4:18pm On Dec 29, 2014
cococandy:

No angry
she's he's a handsome man

That's him right there
eeeewwwww
Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by cococandy(f): 4:19pm On Dec 29, 2014
AfricanApple:
eeeewwwww

What?
Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by crackhaus: 4:22pm On Dec 29, 2014
Mintayo:

Pseudo-feminists, lol, I like that. grin
gringrin
Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by bukatyne(f): 4:22pm On Dec 29, 2014
VickyyB:
Most Nairaland Male are filled with hateful vibes.
Ask them meaning of feminism and they would tell you; UNSUBMISSIVENESS, MEN HATERS, WOMEN THAT NAG, WOMEN THAT FAILED TO CHANGE THEIR SURNAME, FRUSTRATED DIVORCEE AND SINGLES, LESBIANS ETC

Foooools! Google is your friend.

Welcome to the thread

The fact people do not know the definition of feminism or pretend not to does not make them foollls.

Thanks

5 Likes

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 29, 2014
AfricanApple:
to your last question: well, I'm not talking about this thread, I'm referring to all other threads, you detest feminists, why not leave them to their own ''stupidity''
He just can't help.
He mastùrbates whenever he's arguing with feminists; therefore, achieving an orgäsm. lipsrsealed
Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 29, 2014
AfricanApple:
eeeewwwww
You dey miss better thing. grin
Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by bukatyne(f): 4:25pm On Dec 29, 2014
bennyrazz:
I really don't know what bukatyne is trying to achieve by opening a thread like this when we all know where it would lead to.

Welcome to the thread

The mission of the OP is simple: if you do not agree with certain posts/posters/threads, of what use is it to keep quoting them?

Just ignore

1 Like

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 29, 2014
dinachi:
Though I think this whole thread is a subtle lame attempt by the OP to resurrect interest in feminism. The truth is most members now avoid feminist threads like a plague knowing that the word is hate filled. No sensible decent human being worth their salt will waste their time supporting that idiocy, especially as practiced online by some female clowns like the OP.
See wishful thinking. The truth is that there will always be women that consider themselves equal to men, fight from now till kingdom come it won't change because people's ways of thinking varies and we can all like the same things. I don't even think people are avoiding feminist threads, if they are anything like me, they don't contribute because there are other women that are always at the ready to defend feminism and they do it so well that I don't even have to stress myself arguing with you low self esteem insecure boys. Avoiding like a plague my foot.

9 Likes

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by crackhaus: 4:27pm On Dec 29, 2014
AfricanApple:
hehehe, I can see both of you came from a long way.
I didn't join her in her idea of fun, I didnt know that's her idea of fun and I still can't see any fun in it. I'm just saying my own point of view

to your last question: well, I'm not talking about this thread, I'm referring to all other threads, you detest feminists, why not leave them to their own ''stupidity''
Actually I don't detest feminists, I have met real feminists who walk their talk - these bunch here are clowns, loonies, and fakes...the kinds that worship the ground their husbands walk on.

Like I said, this is an interactive forum - I play them for sport, nothing more... it's all good recreation cool

5 Likes

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by bukatyne(f): 4:27pm On Dec 29, 2014
crackhaus:

Lol...you don't get it yet, read the OP again.

Buka is one of the many sneaky and coy females that litter this section.. Her entire post was to mock and have fun at the expense of posters whose POV she doesn't agree with.
I could go there and quote the exact lines for references, but if you were objective enough as I'm sure you were seeing that you already joined in on her idea of fun, you would see that this entire thread was premised on ridicule.

Can you imagine she typed at the end that she doesn't need bashing or nonsense, after doing the exact same thing by starting the topic? gringrin

She doesn't know how to take back that which she gives, and that is what makes her easy target - there are about three/four other females like her on this board, very easy to confuse and made to look silly.

I won't gain anything, neither is it a mission - I'm just hounding her, but if she really started this topic with good intentions she wouldn't be getting angry over my simple question.

Despite the fact that her OP and a few subsequent posts of hers were choked full with the 'laugh' emoticon, Buka suddenly got mad because I asked a simple question.

Isn't this thread about feminism, feminists, and anti-feminists?
So how then is my question unsuitable?

You have been noticed

Run along

1 Like

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by bukatyne(f): 4:28pm On Dec 29, 2014
cococandy:

Lmao grin grin

The language of those who want to be respected just like men but are afraid of the backlash that comes with identifying with feminists.

Aisha2 I'm innocent angry

Whatever rocks anyone's boat joor
Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by bukatyne(f): 4:30pm On Dec 29, 2014
Caveatemptor:
As far as I am concerned,there are no real feminists on this forum in any form. All we have are fake feminists masquerading as internet warriors,who want to have their cake and eat it too.

Welcome to the thread

Since you know there are no real feminists, waka pass over their posts. It is very easy

6 Likes

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by EfemenaXY: 4:31pm On Dec 29, 2014
aisha2:
It is Ile, Cococandy and EfemenaXY that cause all these things oh.

grin

aisha2:
These women can write big big English and long ones self for Africa.

grin grin

aisha2:
They will intimidate these men who will go and cram dictionary too and prepare for the next thread to show off their newly learned language so to sparj argument they will shout " feminisim " Cococandy and EfemenaXY will start writing and writing and the boys too will start showing off what they have learned.

ROTFLMAO! grin grin grin

aisha2:
If only these women will be quiet and enter kitchen like me the word feminisim too will find rest in this section

LWKMD!! grin grin grin

I spend a lot of time in the kitchen na! Ask Babyosisi/Babymama, Cococandy, Chillis/Chillisauce, Edwife, and even Bukatyne sef. Ask her, we were just talking about beans and dodo... tongue

But on a more serious note, I don't think I'm a feminist. It's just that I've got very strong views especially where the vulnerable are concerned and I don't mince my words regarding that.

2 Likes

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by bukatyne(f): 4:33pm On Dec 29, 2014
crackhaus:
Now check this out Bukatyne:

This is what YOU typed after saying that we should respect other people's views and not attack them. I actually know some of the female posters you directed this bit at BTW - if you really had guts, you should have mentioned the monikers you were making reference to in your OP. gringrin

You are a worm, very slippery...and I will put you in your place.

And I am shaking seriously here

You must be extremely dumb to think you can put an online poster in his/her posts

2 Likes

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 29, 2014
bukatyne:

Welcome to the thread

The fact people do not know the definition of feminism or pretend not to does not make them foollls.

Thanks
They truth is that they know. They have problems standing up to women in real life so they come to Nairaland for solace. I know all of the men fighting gender equality here are sissies in real life that fear women and let them walk all over them. The internet is their only solace for getting the power over women that they so desire that's why they take their anti-feminism so serious. You'd never find a man that easily commands respect from women in real life arguing for hours about feminism on the internet. I know men like that sef. They don't fight feminism. They even encourage it because they have nothing to fear from females and they know they can hold their own with the females in any situation.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by bamidele029: 4:39pm On Dec 29, 2014
Very ironic that the people here saying they hate feminism are the ones always posting about it and jumping up and down on threads that have to do with it. The silly part is now even when a thread has nothing to do with feminism they seem to always make it about that. These days no matter the subject of the posts, the usual trolls end up turning it into a fight of the sexes Nairaland family section has unfortunately been taken over by gender fighting trolls angry

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by crackhaus: 4:44pm On Dec 29, 2014
bukatyne:

You have been noticed

Run along
Noticed by Bukatyne, the most beautiful woman to ever come out of southwestern Nigeria - beauty queen extraordinaire and Nobel laureate.

Yes Indeed, my bank account just got fatter because Bukatyne noticed me...salute!

Now tell us what kind of feminist you are...

3 Likes

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by crackhaus: 4:49pm On Dec 29, 2014
bukatyne:

And I am shaking seriously here

You must be extremely dumb to think you can put an online poster in his/her posts

For a feminist who does not know what categories of feminism there are, or the ideologies she supports - could there be any thing dumber? gringrin

Now what kind of feminist are you?

3 Likes

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by coogar: 4:51pm On Dec 29, 2014
Caveatemptor:
As far as I am concerned,there are no real feminists on this forum in any form. All we have are fake feminists masquerading as internet warriors,who want to have their cake and eat it too.

even the ones bought off the shelf like tubers of new yams are claiming to be feminists. some of them don't have regular jobs or pay any bills & yet they are claiming feminists.

until people stop taking these fraudulent twäts serious, i don't see the bickering stopping anytime soon. just watch them, finger their brains and amuse yourself to stupor.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by AfricanApple(f): 5:01pm On Dec 29, 2014
VickyyB:

You dey miss better thing. grin

cococandy:

What?
there is nothing to miss there, look at those thick meat on his neck undecided
Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by crackhaus: 5:02pm On Dec 29, 2014
VickyyB:

He just can't help.
He mastùrbates whenever he's arguing with feminists; therefore, achieving an orgäsm. lipsrsealed
Kid, never you make references to me in that manner again you little tw.at.
I usually don't go hard on you during our conversations/arguments because I know for a fact that you don't know a damn thing.

Aren't you the one who told me she's younger than 1994?
You're a child..

Go back to posting comments filled with caustic words which is basically all your brain can fathom, I'm very good at ignoring such - but if you need to say something smart, quote me directly and not be like a silly little girl throwing cowardly tantrums for losing the pack of tampons her mummy just bought for her.

This is your first and last warning - if you go any further, I will make you hate your gender more than you already do.

Cheers!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 29, 2014
EfemenaXY:

grin

grin grin

ROTFLMAO! grin grin grin

LWKMD!! grin grin grin

I spend a lot of time in the kitchen na! Ask Babyosisi/Babymama, Cococandy, Chillis/Chillisauce, Edwife, and even Bukatyne sef. Ask her, we were just talking about beans and dodo... tongue

But on a more serious note, I don't think I'm a feminist. It's just that I've got very strong views especially where the [b]vulnerable are concerned and I don't mince my words regarding that[/b].

Like hell you dont.... grin
Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by Nobody: 5:05pm On Dec 29, 2014
VickyyB:

Direct jab at Alutacontinua. grin

Hypocrisy! cheesy

sharrap jor angry
I and my wife are one tongue kiss
Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by AfricanApple(f): 5:06pm On Dec 29, 2014
crackhaus:

I usually don't go hard on you during our conversations/arguments because I know for a fact that you don't know a damn thing.

You're a child..

Go back to posting comments filled with caustic words which is basically all your brain can fathom, I'm very good at ignoring such - but if you need to say something smart, quote me directly and not be like a silly little girl throwing cowardly tantrums for losing the pack of tampons her mummy just bought for her.

This is your first and last warning - if you go any further, I will make you hate your gender more than you already do.

Cheers!
no tell me say you dey vex like this lipsrsealed
Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by AfricanApple(f): 5:08pm On Dec 29, 2014
coogar:

even the ones bought off the shelf like tubers of new yams are claiming to be feminists. some of them don't have regular jobs or pay any bills & yet they are claiming feminists.

until people stop taking these fraudulent twäts serious, i don't see the bickering stopping anytime soon. just watch them, finger their brains and amuse yourself to stupor.
he don land

coogar + crackhaus grin
Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by AfricanApple(f): 5:12pm On Dec 29, 2014
crackhaus:

Actually I don't detest feminists, I have met real feminists who walk their talk - these bunch here are clowns, loonies, and fakes...the kinds that worship the ground their husbands walk on.

Like I said, this is an interactive forum - I play them for sport, nothing more... it's all good recreation cool
you can't be sure of what some of them do offline and you don't expect them to come and show off

lipsrsealed and do you score any goals. Lol, you eh
but why don't you visit other threads
Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 29, 2014
crackhaus:

You're a child..

Cheers!
Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by crackhaus: 5:19pm On Dec 29, 2014
AfricanApple:
no tell me say you dey vex like this lipsrsealed
Did you not see what that little child typed, when did she even start seeing d1cks to be talking about mastur.bation?

If people see me walking down the road with her, won't I be arrested for unnecessary strolling in the company of an unrelated minor? gringrin

2 Likes

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by damiso(f): 5:20pm On Dec 29, 2014
bukatyne:

This is an epistle! Lol!

I do not think I am superior to gays and vice versa... I will will not deprive them of their rights or entitlement if I have such position. That said, I do not agree with their sex.ual orientation.
This
@Other people, elders etc. I do not discriminate and give the best fit for the job. I do not even believe in quota system of 10 women must sit in This panel and then 10 women are gotten whether they are suitable or not.

Abi o real epistle cheesy and I said to myself no more epistles on NL esp on this topic it just goes on and on..

Bukatyne its very easy to say one won't deprive them of their rights or we will treat everyone equally but one way or the other we all fall short.I however agree that the start is not seeing oneself as necessarily superior to the other.That sef is hard, even being of one religion people think they are definitely going to heaven and the person of the other religion is definitely going to hell so in otherwords they are superior.

.let me give a scenario will you as a registrar in a UK registry have no qualms AT ALL marrying a same s.ex couple? Its their right (gay marriage is legal in the UK) refusal to do it based on your beliefs or faith is actually perceived as discrimination. A Christian couple were sued when they refused to book a single room with a double bed in their bed and breakfast for a gay couple. They said their business doubled as their home and allowing that under their roof went against their faith.They lost the case and were asked to pay damages as it was seen as discrimination.
Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by EfemenaXY: 5:20pm On Dec 29, 2014
njokusboy:

Like hell you dont.... grin

My nemesis. grin grin grin

I just said I don't mince my words. So what are you on about now?

Seasons greetings sha...and I hope you're not using that mobile phone of yours... cool
Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 29, 2014
crackhaus:

Sir, I'll keep making references to you provided that I didn't quote or mention your moniker.
You can do your worst, sissy. grin

You're a child..
So?

E pain am gringringringringrin

Cheers!
Aww! Story to touches. tongue

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

78% Of Girls In Northern Nigeria Marry Before Age 18 – Daily Nigerian / Advice To A Father / Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.