Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:09 AM

Appeal To All: Feminism - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Appeal To All: Feminism (18572 Views)

Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! / View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. / Adichie’s Feminism: Vacuums And Fallacies By A. Gonzaga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by bukatyne(f): 1:51pm On Dec 29, 2014
crackhaus:

Can everyone see how Bukatyne keeps dodging simple questions?

I do not think you are anything, you already helped me & everyone else avoid the pain of thinking when you declared yourself a feminist?
And for this reason, I keep asking you to tell me about the waves of feminism, and which of their ideologies you support.

I have respected you so far and have not used any words you would term 'insulting'.
You on the other hand keeps getting worked up over simple questions that give even simpler answers (same attitude you displayed on that your thread in the religion section.)
You're also the one who used the first insulting word here when you referred to my post as nonsense which I conveniently ignored, because it doesn't take long before you start crying wolf and playing victim when someone courteously returns an insult in response to yours.

It seem you have anger issues, or you just don't like being disagreed with... too bad.

If you want me off the thread, put a damn padlock or password over it and lock me out as it is now your exclusive property. grin

Now tell us what kind of feminist you are...

Dear RoyalRoy,

Please warn crackhaus to stay away from my thread

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by crackhaus: 1:53pm On Dec 29, 2014
AfricanApple:
@bukatyne, the most annoying part is when make any post that is anti-male you are labeled a feminist even when you are not one.
anytime they here feminism, their eyes will just pop out, why na undecided
AfricanApple abeg stand back a bit, I intend on eating these pseudo-feminists for roast beef as I have always done. grin

Regarding your post, is it not the same way for a guy who makes an anti-female comment?
Don't you people label him a chauvinist even when he's not one?

It's all about perspective...

6 Likes

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by crackhaus: 2:06pm On Dec 29, 2014
bukatyne:

Dear RoyalRoy,

Please warn crackhaus to stay away from my thread

Thanks
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1857453_jonalaffing_jpega708b6fb7b1c54189c91ff44ca462616

He should warn me off for breaking which Nairaland rules exactly? Lmao.... cheesycheesy

The more you keep giving me these emotionally-charged responses which exposes how little control you have over your anger towards me, the more I keep hounding you - if not on this thread, then on any thread I see that you so much as type the words feminism or feminist.

The only female among you lot who even remotely knew what she was going on about was BannanaBender, too bad she had to deactivate her account after being dealt with by her nemesis.

Now tell us what kind of feminism you practice?
The internet kind or real life? gringrin

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by dinachi(m): 2:08pm On Dec 29, 2014
crackhaus:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1857453_jonalaffing_jpega708b6fb7b1c54189c91ff44ca462616
He should warn me off for breaking which Nairaland rules exactly? Lmao.... cheesycheesy
The more you keep giving me these emotionally-charged responses which exposes how little control you have over your anger towards me, the more I keep hounding you - if not on this thread, then on any thread I see that you so much as type the words feminism or feminist.
The only female among you lot who even remotely knew what she was going on about was BannanaBender, too bad she had to deactivate her account after being dealt with by her nemesis.
Now tell us what kind of feminism you practice?
The internet kind or real life? gringrin
That's what I am talking about! Don't mind the OP, hypocrites everywhere!

8 Likes

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by bukatyne(f): 2:12pm On Dec 29, 2014
dinachi:
That's what I am talking about! Don't mind the OP, hypocrites everywhere!

You must be really slow...

Is the OP about feminism/defining it or that posters should stop wetting their pants at the mention of feminism/sight of feminists and move on if they do not like them?

1 Like

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by dinachi(m): 2:13pm On Dec 29, 2014
Though I think this whole thread is a subtle lame attempt by the OP to resurrect interest in feminism. The truth is most members now avoid feminist threads like a plague knowing that the word is hate filled. No sensible decent human being worth their salt will waste their time supporting that idiocy, especially as practiced online by some female clowns like the OP.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by bukatyne(f): 2:15pm On Dec 29, 2014
dinachi:
Though I think this whole thread is a subtle lame attempt by the OP to resurrect interest in feminism. The truth is most members now avoid feminist threads like a plague knowing that the word is hate filled. No sensible decent human being worth their salt will waste their time supporting that idiocy, especially as practiced online by some female clowns like the OP.

bukatyne:

Is the OP about feminism/defining it or that posters should stop wetting their pants at the mention of feminism/sight of feminists and move on if they do not like them?
Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by dinachi(m): 2:21pm On Dec 29, 2014
bukatyne:

You are dense! I never expected this to be a meaningful thread coming from a biased man hating pseudo feminist like you. Sensible people will always resist that idiocy. I don't expect you to agree, common sense is not common after all!

6 Likes

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by bukatyne(f): 2:25pm On Dec 29, 2014
dinachi:

You are dense! I never expected this to be a meaningful thread coming from a biased man hating pseudo feminist like you. Sensible people will always resist that idiocy. I don't expect you to agree, common sense is not common after all!

Says the person whose obsession ranges from feminists to gays to smelly kitty cats

It is no fault of mine you cannot grasp a simple post:

You do not like feminism and what it stands for, ignore feminists and their posts or threads. But no, you need to self-service and what else will turn you on? undecided

I am anti some stuffs and I ignore their threads/posts when I see them

Now steer clear

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by AfricanApple(f): 2:32pm On Dec 29, 2014
bukatyne:

Exactly what the thread is about

You do not like feminism, avoid them and their threads/posts
of course they can't stay away. you know what they say? the truth is always bitter. when you spark a cord in them they can't just help but type grin grin

1 Like

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by dinachi(m): 2:34pm On Dec 29, 2014
bukatyne:

Says the person whose obsession ranges from feminists to gays to smelly kitty cats
It is no fault of mine you cannot grasp a simple post:
[b][/b]You do not like feminism and what it stands for, ignore feminists and their posts or threads. But no, you need to self-service and what else will turn you on? undecided
I am anti some stuffs and I ignore their threads/posts when I see them
Now steer clear
Nothing more to add you have adequately exposed yourself from your post. It is now confirmed, you are a man hating pseudo feminist! As for leaving your thread, I am sure that your feminist addled brain should at least know the meaning of the word PUBLIC forum. Do something about your blood pressure, before you collapse one day from HBP!

4 Likes

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by bukatyne(f): 2:35pm On Dec 29, 2014
AfricanApple:
of course they can't stay away. you know what they say? the truth is always bitter. when you spark a cord in them they can't just help but type grin grin

I cannot wrap my head around it.

I see some threads, want to comment (sometimes I have even commented and I delete it and leave the thread) and just think: 'What really is my business? I don't agree and will never do so therefore why the P?'

You hate feminists, their marriages are doomed to crash if they have not and you follow them from thread to thread, post to post etc.

It is wierd undecided

2 Likes

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by bukatyne(f): 2:37pm On Dec 29, 2014
dinachi:
Nothing more to add you have adequately exposed yourself from your post. It is now confirmed, you are a man hating pseudo feminist! As for leaving your thread, I am sure that your feminist addled brain should at least know the meaning of the word PUBLIC forum. Do something about your blood pressure, before you collapse one day from HBP!

Posters ignore feminism threads/posts when they do not like it = Man hating pseudo feminist?

Can't you just stay away?

Worry about your BP first.

8 Likes

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by AfricanApple(f): 2:39pm On Dec 29, 2014
crackhaus:

AfricanApple abeg stand back a bit, I intend on eating these pseudo-feminists for roast beef as I have always done. grin

Regarding your post, is it not the same way for a guy who makes an anti-female comment?

lmao, and I hope that's not your only mission on this forum, cos you are the one who is always leading me to all these feminist thread, hian

not at all, not all anti-female comments are labeled chauvinistic. maybe because anything about women is always on the high rise than the men grin guess we are that important tongue

so crackhaus, tell me what you wanna gain in 'eating this pseudo-feminist' why can't you stay away from their kabas like the op is suggesting

btw, I have refused to stand back grin

2 Likes

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by Nobody: 3:27pm On Dec 29, 2014
Most Nairaland Male are filled with hateful vibes.
Ask them meaning of feminism and they would tell you; UNSUBMISSIVENESS, MEN HATERS, WOMEN THAT NAG, WOMEN THAT FAILED TO CHANGE THEIR SURNAME, FRUSTRATED DIVORCEE AND SINGLES, LESBIANS ETC

Foooools! Google is your friend.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by damiso(f): 3:44pm On Dec 29, 2014
Hi Bukatyne..

Compliments of the season to you smiley

I actually agree with most of your original post. I too think its boring the way feminism is dragged into everything I.e. 'my bro wife refused to give me meat' next thing 'the wife must be a feminist' I also dislike the way everything must be adjudged according to gender lines and as such issues that are sometimes peculiar to a couple have to turn into pages upon pages of gender wars.

That said the part I disagree with in your post is when you made a mention of homo.sex.ual people.Britain(will use that cos I live there and have studied this subject academically) actually has a legislation called the Equality and Diversity Act and the underlying premise is that Everyone is equal regardless of race,GENDER (I bolded that for a reason), age, religion, se.xual orientation, disability etc etc.

See definition:
Equality and diversity is a term used in the United Kingdom to define and champion equality, diversity and human rights as defining values of society. It promotes equality of opportunity for all, giving every individual the chance to achieve their potential, free fromprejudice and discrimination.

That definition is almost the same as that of feminism only replace with women's rights.So in essence like feminism it seeks to say that we are all Equal which is what most modern feminist tend to agree with.To say you dont agree with gay people means you have a prejudice against them. So in essence if you agree that gay people are not like everybody else like it is in Nigerian law you are actually don't believe in an Equal society for All. If you discriminate against a disabled person or think an older person might not necessarily be good for a job based on their age alone (not based on skills experience and readiness to do a job) you don't believe in a truly equal society.(note those ifs are not second guessing your beliefs pls clarify where you think differently).

I used to think that society should treat ALL people equally and have an interest (both academically and profdessionally) in Equality and Diversity but the more I study it as well as experience real life I see that a truly EQUAL society is an Utopia that sadly does not exist.

Some of the principles of TRUE EQUALITY (not just gender equality) also go against my faith in some aspects. So all in all its a very subjective topic.

Note also upon all the legislation (which am sure was to pander to some certain groups lipsrsealed) Britain is still a largely inequal society in certain respects.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by crackhaus: 3:45pm On Dec 29, 2014
AfricanApple:
lmao, and I hope that's not your only mission on this forum, cos you are the one who is always leading me to all these feminist thread, hian

not at all, not all anti-female comments are labeled chauvinistic. maybe because anything about women is always on the high rise than the men grin guess we are that important tongue

so crackhaus, tell me what you wanna gain in 'eating this pseudo-feminist' why can't you stay away from their kabas like the op is suggesting

btw, I have refused to stand back grin
Lol...you don't get it yet, read the OP again.

Buka is one of the many sneaky and coy females that litter this section.. Her entire post was to mock and have fun at the expense of posters whose POV she doesn't agree with.
I could go there and quote the exact lines for references, but if you were objective enough as I'm sure you were seeing that you already joined in on her idea of fun, you would see that this entire thread was premised on ridicule.

Can you imagine she typed at the end that she doesn't need bashing or nonsense, after doing the exact same thing by starting the topic? gringrin

She doesn't know how to take back that which she gives, and that is what makes her easy target - there are about three/four other females like her on this board, very easy to confuse and made to look silly.

I won't gain anything, neither is it a mission - I'm just hounding her, but if she really started this topic with good intentions she wouldn't be getting angry over my simple question.

Despite the fact that her OP and a few subsequent posts of hers were choked full with the 'laugh' emoticon, Buka suddenly got mad because I asked a simple question.

Isn't this thread about feminism, feminists, and anti-feminists?
So how then is my question unsuitable?

5 Likes

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by bennyrazz: 3:53pm On Dec 29, 2014
I really don't know what bukatyne is trying to achieve by opening a thread like this when we all know where it would lead to.
Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by cococandy(f): 3:54pm On Dec 29, 2014
What I find extremely amusing is 'I believe men and women are different but equal; equal social, political and whatever rights for women yet I am not a feminist' Try I believe Jesus died for our sins but I am not a Christian

Lmao grin grin

The language of those who want to be respected just like men but are afraid of the backlash that comes with identifying with feminists.

Aisha2 I'm innocent angry

4 Likes

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by Mintayo(m): 3:56pm On Dec 29, 2014
VickyyB:
Most Nairaland Male are filled with hateful vibes.
Ask them meaning of feminism and they would tell you; UNSUBMISSIVENESS, MEN HATERS, WOMEN THAT NAG, WOMEN THAT FAILED TO CHANGE THEIR SURNAME, FRUSTRATED DIVORCEE AND SINGLES, LESBIANS ETC

Foooools! Google is your friend.
Smh...
Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by Caveatemptor(m): 3:57pm On Dec 29, 2014
As far as I am concerned,there are no real feminists on this forum in any form. All we have are fake feminists masquerading as internet warriors,who want to have their cake and eat it too.

5 Likes

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by Nobody: 3:58pm On Dec 29, 2014
cococandy:

Lmao grin grin

The language of those who want to be respected just like men but are afraid of the backlash that comes with identifying with feminists.

Aisha2 I'm innocent angry

Direct jab at Alutacontinua. grin

Hypocrisy! cheesy
Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 29, 2014
Mintayo:

Smh...
Ok...Define feminism?

It's none of those thing listed there.

I can be unsubmissive and not a feminist and vice versa.
I can be submissive and a feminist and vice versa. undecided

Educate yourself.
Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by cococandy(f): 4:01pm On Dec 29, 2014
VickyyB:

Direct jab at Alutacontinua. grin

Hypocrisy! cheesy

Sharrap. Aluta is my husband. kiss
The people I'm yabbing know themselves.

Call me biased. Who cares? We all are
Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 29, 2014
Caveatemptor:
As far as I am concerned,there are no real feminists on this forum in any form. All we have are fake feminists masquerading as internet warriors,who want to have their cake and eat it too.
Assumption.
Belief in faith.

Have you met them?
Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 29, 2014
cococandy:

Sharrap. Aluta is my husband. kiss
The people in yabbing know themselves.

Call me biased. Who cares? We all are

She's a female if i'm not mistaken. smiley
Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by crackhaus: 4:05pm On Dec 29, 2014
Now check this out Bukatyne:
What I find extremely amusing is 'I believe men and women are different but equal; equal social, political and whatever rights for women yet I am not a feminist' Try I believe Jesus died for our sins but I am not a Christian

This is what YOU typed after saying that we should respect other people's views and not attack them. I actually know some of the female posters you directed this bit at BTW - if you really had guts, you should have mentioned the monikers you were making reference to in your OP. gringrin

You are a worm, very slippery...and I will put you in your place.

3 Likes

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by cococandy(f): 4:05pm On Dec 29, 2014
VickyyB:

She's a female if i'm not mistaken. smiley

No angry
she's he's a handsome man

That's him right there

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by Mintayo(m): 4:08pm On Dec 29, 2014
crackhaus:

Pseudo-feminists, lol, I like that. grin

1 Like

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 29, 2014
cococandy:

No angry
she's he's a handsome man

That's him right there
lol. Googolised.
Anyways....
Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by cococandy(f): 4:09pm On Dec 29, 2014
VickyyB:

lol. Googolised.
Anyways....

That's because he's into modeling too.

If he comes you can ask him

1 Like

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by AfricanApple(f): 4:16pm On Dec 29, 2014
crackhaus:

Lol...you don't get it yet, read the OP again.

Buka is one of the many sneaky and coy females that litter this section.. Her entire post was to mock and have fun at the expense of posters whose POV she doesn't agree with.
I could go there and quote the exact lines for references, but if you were objective enough as I'm sure you were seeing that you already joined in on her idea of fun, you would see that this entire thread was premised on ridicule.

Can you imagine she typed at the end that she doesn't need bashing or nonsense, after doing the exact same thing by starting the topic? gringrin

She doesn't know how to take back that which she gives, and that is what makes her easy target - there are about three/four other females like her on this board, very easy to confuse and made to look silly.

I won't gain anything, neither is it a mission - I'm just hounding her, but if she really started this topic with good intentions she wouldn't be getting angry over my simple question.

Despite the fact that her OP and a few subsequent posts of hers were choked full with the 'laugh' emoticon, Buka suddenly got mad because I asked a simple question.

Isn't this thread about feminism, feminists, and anti-feminists?
So how then is my question unsuitable?
hehehe, I can see both of you came from a long way.
I didn't join her in her idea of fun, I didnt know that's her idea of fun and I still can't see any fun in it. I'm just saying my own point of view

to your last question: well, I'm not talking about this thread, I'm referring to all other threads, you detest feminists, why not leave them to their own ''stupidity''

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Help Me, My Younger Brother Is Becoming Extremely Stubborn, & Steals / / What's So Special About Twins???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.