Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,953 members, 7,817,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica (26119 Views)

Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems / Buhari Could Not Fill His Presidency Form . PHOTO / Certificate Scandal: What Buhari Could Learn From Obama - Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by Marvyx(m): 2:50pm On Jan 02, 2015
Adminisher:

He changed a lot. I was there, you probably were not even born.
Sorry but I know a changed person when I see one.

Those corpers killed when Buhari lost were evidence of him changing right?

Dude if you choose to delude yourself like him, your choice.

I just hope you don't make the wrong decision come Feb 14

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by Kenai: 2:50pm On Jan 02, 2015
Simitrendy:
I knew u didnt read the instruction oga seun wrote he said "dont make racist and tribalistic comments" wise up this 2015 new era

The guy said, "APC rogues, come and defend your boss".
How is that "racist or tribalistic," or is APC now a tribe?

Do you Buharists even plug your brains right before hitting the "Submit" button? undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by PStacks(m): 2:50pm On Jan 02, 2015
AcidosisMega:

These PDP people have a way of always trying to make themselves feel good.

Except if no be this same article wey all of us read together.

Meaning to say, meaning to say, the nigerian problem is not today, buhari met a lot of debt and prices of oil were falling, that was the circumstances that surrounded him,

Today, Ngozi okonjo is proposing to take debts and also proposing Austerity.

Doesn't that say the same thing with what buhari took over, how long was buhari there to start with?

Experience they say is the best teacher, if buhari couldn't tackle it then, atleast he had experienced drop in oil price situation before, meaning this time he definately would apply more tact in handling this grave crisis instead of leaving it to GEJ that has never seen it B4,

Ok, the article said he introduced Austerity, isn't it Austerity Ngozi is proposing today?

So why follow the same old pattern of causing hardship, we need change from following old procedures.

If buhari brought Austerity then and Ngozi is brining austerity now, it means we have to choose who is a better manager.

Buhari has more managerial qualities than anybody I can see in nigeria today.

They say desperate situations deserves desperate measures,

Nigeria is facing Security problems,
Nigeria is facing drop in revenue,

Even Libya that has more money from oil revenue didn't survive it, we can't continue to toe this path that leads to chaos and destruction.

I'm not even voting Buhari because he is the only option of change to GEJ.

I'm voting him because I Believe in the Man himself.

Buhari is an institutionalised man. He has institutions in him.

Buhari is definitely the answer to where we find ourselves.

Things must change,

Things must turn around.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by Oluwadhemmy: 2:50pm On Jan 02, 2015
Wen will APC/buhari haters stop d criticism,we've seen both buhari n jonah...#lets vote wu we want abeg...#change!!!
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by chamboy(m): 2:51pm On Jan 02, 2015
And this thrash made fp
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by baybeeboi: 2:53pm On Jan 02, 2015
Trafford:
Every post now is about elections... today buhari, tomorrow Jonathan. I dnt even knw who to vote anymore. If buhari wins, insurgency in d south, Jonathan wins, insurgency in d north.
I think both of them should step down for someone else. That's d only way we'll achieve peace in this forth coming elections
like seriously,i think we have a common resolve on this
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by motherlode: 2:53pm On Jan 02, 2015
@op you are silly, why did you place your voting tendency on the filthy words put together to make an article on britannia?. When it won't cost you 10kb to ask those elders who witness the GMB era lots of questions about the successes he achieved, his policies are positive and not the negative ones which GEJ and his four(4) companions formulate.
GMB2015 no matter the scrutiny and criticism! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by docadams: 2:55pm On Jan 02, 2015
@OP: You are not clever at all. You just chose a section of a write-ups that suits your stunted intellect and you believe you are smart. To have a better view of what issue at stake just google 'Buhari regime' and you will get an avalanche of sites that felt extensively with Buhari economic policy otherwise called Buharinomics. I have problem copying and pasting with my phone but here is a summary of some of the sites:

Buhari Economic Policy - Wikipedia
In order to reform the economy, as Head of State, Buhari started to rebuild the nation's social-political and economic systems, along the realities of Nigeria's austere economic conditions. The rebuilding included removing or cutting back the excesses in national expenditure, obliterate or remove completely corruption from the nation's social ethics, shifting from mainly public sector employment to self employment. Buhari also encouraged import substitution industrialisation based to a great extent on the use of local materials and he tightened importation.[14]

On 7 May 1984, Buhari announce publicly for the first time his administration's 1984 National Budget. The budget had in it::

A temporary ban on recruiting federal public sector workers
Raising of Interest rates
Halting Capital Projects
Prohibition of borrowing by State governments
15 percent cut from Shagari's 1983 Budget
Realignment of import duties
Reducing the balance of payment deficit by cutting imports
It also gave priority to the importation of raw materials and spare parts that were needed for agriculture and industry.
Other economic measures by Buhari took the form of counter trade, and currency change.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by Simitrendy: 2:55pm On Jan 02, 2015
Kenai:

The guy said, "APC rogues, come and defend your boss".
How is that "racist or tribalistic," or is APC now a tribe?

Do you Buharists even plug your brains right before hitting the "Submit" button? undecided
Your stupidity is just like peak milk its in you.....the best advice i can give u mediocre is to "learn how to paddle your canoe" FOOL
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 02, 2015
chelseabmw:
PS.... I dont like GEJ n GMB.... Buh the devil u know is better than d angel u don't know

God bless us all

Happy New Year
It's "the devil you know is better than the devil you don't know".
GEJ 4 2015...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by baybeeboi: 2:55pm On Jan 02, 2015
Simitrendy:
I knew u didnt read the instruction oga seun wrote he said "dont make racist and tribalistic comments" wise up this 2015 new era

ok,U read the instruction but don't understand the meaning of the words ''Racist and Tribalistic'' right?
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 02, 2015
Essentially, the major ''mistake'' that Buhari made was that he did not get our economy off oil. That is where the problem lies.....and that is the same problem that PDP and APC have no answer for.

Until Nigeria stops relying on oil...whether Buharinomics or Jonathanonomics......we will forever have economic crisis.
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by Simitrendy: 2:58pm On Jan 02, 2015
baybeeboi:

ok,U read the instruction but don't understand the meaning of the words ''Racist and Tribalistic'' right?
I would have replied u buh i just realised that your stupidity has a greater percent
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 02, 2015
Simitrendy:
Your stupidity is just like peak milk its in you.....the best advice i can give u mediocre is to "learn how to paddle your canoe" FOOL
You sound angry but there are ways to channel your anger than through insults. Remember that these politicians you might be fighting for don't know you exist and won't pay you for your support.
Please take it easy...
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by Matthewbriggs(m): 2:58pm On Jan 02, 2015
Buhari is an economically clueless dictator ... Touting him as change is a very big insult to those who suffered the harsh economic realities of 1985.

If Na fashola ... I for begin reason am.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by goldman777: 2:58pm On Jan 02, 2015
pdp e rats no dey tire mtchew abeg
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by ogene007: 2:59pm On Jan 02, 2015
Adminisher:

This is a western journal telling things about Buhari we should all be proud of. The man completely rejected all their economic conditionalities for loans which would have wrecked Nigeria. Nigerians never complained or went on strike during his regime until IBB and his boys struck to save his neck. We rationed foreign exchange to productive sectors only and were very sane in spending. Guess what other countries did not wholly accept western conditions?, China and India, When IBB brought his own western economic solutions Nigeria got completely wrecked.

GMB made matters worse by overthrowing the civilian regime who were much more educated and qualified to handle the economic problems primarily caused by the decline in crude oil prices. Nigeria has moved on from where non-achievers lie GMB can be trust into the running the affairs of our country. APC simply succeeded in wasting the opportunity of presenting anything better than the incumbent. We cannot allow mediocrity again into our body polity. Sorry GMB, Nigeria has moved on. GEJ till 2019.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by baybeeboi: 3:00pm On Jan 02, 2015
Simitrendy:
I would have replied u buh i just realised that your stupidity has a greater percent
ur reply was thoroughly predictable
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 02, 2015
buhari buhari buhari everyday,is it only buhari ni,let this PDP people leave the man alone na

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by seangy4konji: 3:01pm On Jan 02, 2015
Only clueless people will follow their master also come February.

Both leader and followers=clueless.

Epic fail!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by stayblack: 3:03pm On Jan 02, 2015
make una write anythin, buhari go win.discipline is no 1.without it no progress in life.come to germany and see what discipline has done to a nation.paid ram.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by PStacks(m): 3:03pm On Jan 02, 2015
AcidosisMega:
Supporters of the economic "messiah" should come and defend the economic CHANGE.

Front page, Mr Seun

Are u actually saying I should vote for cluelessness for a 2nd time?

Are you saying I should vote for more Chibok girls to be kidnapped?

Are u saying I should vote for another $20billion dollars to disappear from sales of crude oil?

Are u saying I should vote for more unemployed graduates to meet their Ùntimely death seeking employment at the Nigerian Immigration?

Are u saying I should vote a second term when gallant Soldiers would be sentenced to death for Mutiny on accounts that they refused orders asking them to go kill themselves, with lower rounds of ammunition and low grade equipment as opposed to boko haram artillery?

I mean, let's face it, who would receive orders that is literarilly saying "Go and Kill yourself"

Why should a soldier scarifice and die for a country when he knows the level of corruption he is exposed to.

Who amongst u these pdp e-warriors would volunteer to be a real warrior on the field and face boko haram with such conditions our armed forces are exposed to?

A nation that toys with her Armed forces, toys with her National Pride, her National Unity and indeed her sovereignty

Nigeria has descended so low.
Why should I vote for continuity of status quo.

I am voting for change.

Ím Voting for Buhari and that's it.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jan 02, 2015
Nothing PDP wan do,na GMB I dey vote for !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jan 02, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Essentially, the major ''mistake'' that Buhari made was that he did not get our economy off oil. That is where the problem lies.....and that is the same problem that PDP and APC have no answer for.

Until Nigeria stops relying on oil...whether Buharinomics or Jonathanonomics......we will forever have economic crisis.
Good point you have there bro...
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by Simitrendy: 3:03pm On Jan 02, 2015
baybeeboi:

ur reply was thoroughly predictable
ur signature said all about you ''u are dumb and u must be banned"
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by elohorayodele: 3:05pm On Jan 02, 2015
GEJ till 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by ochejoseph(m): 3:06pm On Jan 02, 2015
History is Beautiful!

A Man who opted to pay a Fine Of 550 instead of completing the project at 450 is not fit to lead any nation!

It's a pity Many Nigerians have been deceived!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by bnovative(m): 3:08pm On Jan 02, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

Using inflation rate in an economy where Buhari set the price for essential commodities which were not available at those prices anyway is like using the 22 naira/$ official rate set by Abacha as the exchange rate in those days.
Do u think the guy is intelligent enough to understand u? I doubt!
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jan 02, 2015
Guys don't trust all these neocolonial western sites,like Wikipedia and britanica encyclopedia.The sites are flexible and prone to attack.

Imaging I just entered Wikipedia now and found out the site had been edited just 12 minutes ago by an ananimous person.

See screen shot for your self
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by bnovative(m): 3:12pm On Jan 02, 2015
stayblack:
make una write anythin, buhari go win.discipline is no 1.without it no progress in life.come to germany and see what discipline has done to a nation.paid ram.
For u descipline means to gather soldiers to flog adults? I give up!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by PrettyGaby(f): 3:13pm On Jan 02, 2015
kaka22:
No matter the amount of articles/materials digged up by Pdp and their paid agents will stop us from sending the clueless one out of Aso rock, come 2015. No leader can succeed without tackling corruption head on... As bad as you painted Buhari's regime to be, it is not as bad as this clueless administration. Atleast, he(Buhari) had the political will to tackle corruption then and he still has the political will to tackle corruption now... He even recorded some economic successes...
you say? Either, you are wayy too young or you have a short memory
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 02, 2015
cashkid:
cheap publicity 4 d general these fools fail 2 understnd dat d more dey cntinue wit all dese useless falsehood dey cald write up. D more dey present general as a threat 2 them pples mind are already made up

Falsehood eh?thank God no be my naija bros do am.. But Britannica whose reports are verifiable and adjudjed closer to the real stuff.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PHOTOS: How To Detect A Suicide Bomber / ‘Bury Your Head In Shame’ – Oyegun To APC / How Has Sanwo-Olu Fared In Eight Months As Lagos State Governor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.