Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:10 AM

Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica (26094 Views)

Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems / Buhari Could Not Fill His Presidency Form . PHOTO / Certificate Scandal: What Buhari Could Learn From Obama - Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by qtx(m): 3:15pm On Jan 02, 2015
NairalandOP:
Buhari was only known for his anti-corruption campaign. In the aspect of Nigeria's economy, he was an outright failure. He and his economic experts lacked grasp of the economy and how to tackle it. Below are excerpts from the academia on his economic failures.

Peter M. Lewis “Getting the Politics right: Governance and economic failure in Nigeria” Rotberg I. Rotberg (ed.) Crafting the New Nigeria: Confronting the Challenges, Lynne Rienner Publishers, 2004, Page 104.

James Fearon and David Laitin “Nigeria (NigeriaRN 1.2)”
Tell them. They say a dog who's death is near will no longer listen to its owners whistling. These people trying to destroy themselves with the GMB ambition will no longer see any advise as being useful. Not untill after Feb 14th 2015 it will now be clear of them.
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jan 02, 2015
I once called you a jonathanian in one of your mischievous thread where you tried to hide under the cloak of "neutrality" to exhibit your TANism. I wasn't wrong afterall. Happy New Year
Matthewbriggs:
Buhari is an economic clueless dictator ... Touting him as change is a very big insult to those who suffered the harsh economic realities of 1985.

If Na fashola ... I for begin reason am.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by Adexbeewhy: 3:15pm On Jan 02, 2015
N95m of jonathan at work. Sai Buhari
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by caprini1: 3:18pm On Jan 02, 2015
I would have loved a Fashola/Rochas combo....it would be a no brainer at least we,ve seen some of the stuffs they are made of,definately not a former Dictator and a Pastor.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by qtx(m): 3:19pm On Jan 02, 2015
PStacks:

These PDP people have a way of always trying to make themselves feel good.

Except if no be this same article wey all of us read together.

Meaning to say, meaning to say, the nigerian problem is not today, buhari met a lot of debt and prices of oil were falling, that was the circumstances that surrounded him,

Today, Ngozi okonjo is proposing to take debts and also proposing Austerity.

Doesn't that say the same thing with what buhari took over, how long was buhari there to start with?

Experience they say is the best teacher, if buhari couldn't tackle it then, atleast he had experienced drop in oil price situation before, meaning this time he definately would apply more tact in handling this grave crisis instead of leaving it to GEJ that has never seen it B4,

Ok, the article said he introduced Austerity, isn't it Austerity Ngozi is proposing today?

So why follow the same old pattern of causing hardship, we need change from following old procedures.

If buhari brought Austerity then and Ngozi is brining austerity now, it means we have to choose who is a better manager.

Buhari has more managerial qualities than anybody I can see in nigeria today.

They say desperate situations deserves desperate measures,

Nigeria is facing Security problems,
Nigeria is facing drop in revenue,

Even Libya that has more money from oil revenue didn't survive it, we can't continue to toe this path that leads to chaos and destruction.

I'm not even voting Buhari because he is the only option of change to GEJ.

I'm voting him because I Believe in the Man himself.

Buhari is an institutionalised man. He has institutions in him.

Buhari is definitely the answer to where we find ourselves.

Things must change,

Things must turn around.
Stop making excuses for your oga's failure ojare. He doesnt know what to do simple. EVen now he is planing to come back, are prizes of oil not falling? WOnt there be debts? Oh so he has already found an avenue for excuses to fail again?
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by Mhosmhan(m): 3:19pm On Jan 02, 2015
Ehen abi?......if buhari is unfit,,,,,,then GEJ is more unfit to rule us......#lobatan
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by Kenai: 3:20pm On Jan 02, 2015
Simitrendy:
Your stupidity is just like peak milk its in you.....the best advice i can give u mediocre is to "learn how to paddle your canoe" FOOL

Typical response I expect from a Buhari extremist.
Resort to insults in the absence of common sense.
So, tell me, how does this kindegarten trash you posted up here answer the previous question?

You accused Acidosis of "racism or tribalism" for calling on APC Rogues to come defend their hero.
So, I'm asking you again - Is APC a race or tribe?

Meeeehn, the intellectual emptiness in the average APC supporter is mindboggling!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by kaka22(m): 3:20pm On Jan 02, 2015
PrettyGaby:

you say? Either, you are wayy too young or you have a short memory
Way too young? Ok Grandma... Short memory about what? What is your point?
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 02, 2015
dipopooo:
We all knw dat Buhari has ntin 2 offer.

GEJTILLAPCPRESENTABETTERCANDIDATE
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by ismyheal75: 3:22pm On Jan 02, 2015
@Adaweezy, may God bless you plenty. In summary, u said Buhari tried as much as possible to pay our debts so that we can focus on the development of our economy. Unfortunately, before that could come to reality, the cabals removed him from power because they wanted us to continue to enslave us. In as much as people clamouring for GEJ's return are not the only ones who voted for him then, they have no say in advising me on whom to vote this time around. For now, I will like to try GMB once again after all, GEJ is not the only best man in Nigeria to move Nigeria forward. What if he dies today, are u saying the destiny of Nigeria dies with him?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by nijanigga: 3:24pm On Jan 02, 2015
but gej could,abi ?
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by jamace(m): 3:25pm On Jan 02, 2015
Kenai:

The guy said, "APC rogues, come and defend your boss".
How is that "racist or tribalistic," or is APC now a tribe?

Do you Buharists even plug your brains right before hitting the "Submit" button? undecided
Don't mind this short cut to power e-warriors: https://www.nairaland.com/2068129/academic-certificates-military-buhari-inec#29333972
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by Adminisher: 3:27pm On Jan 02, 2015
ochejoseph:
History is Beautiful!

A Man who opted to pay a Fine Of 550 instead of completing the project at 450 is not fit to lead any nation!

It's a pity Many Nigerians have been deceived!!!!
It is a wicked lie that 450 was remaining to complete the metroline. The abandoned structures of the whole metronome are still littered all over lagos please look at them and try to put a value at that completion level.
Nigeria had no money then pure and simple. The oil prices we have now are unprecedented, even during the first Iraq war oil never rose to over r $100 for more than a few months.
In any case I doubt the money we paid as penalty was paid over a period of time not at once.
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by ismyheal75: 3:29pm On Jan 02, 2015
@Adaweezy, may God bless you plenty. In summary, u said Buhari tried as much as possible to pay our debts so that we can focus on the development of our economy. Unfortunately, before that could come to reality, the cabals removed him from power because they wanted us to continue to enslave us. In as much as people clamouring for GEJ's return are not the only ones who voted for him then, they have no say in advising me on whom to vote this time around. For now, I will like to try GMB once again after all, GEJ is not the only best man in Nigeria to move Nigeria forward. What if he dies today, are u saying the destiny of Nigeria dies with him?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by Simitrendy: 3:32pm On Jan 02, 2015
Kenai:

Typical response I expect from a Buhari extremist.
Resort to insults in the absence of common sense.
So, tell me, how does this kindegarten trash you posted up here answer the previous question?

You accused Acidosis of "racism or tribalism" for calling on APC Rogues to come defend their hero.
So, I'm asking you again - Is APC a race or tribe?

Meeeehn, the intellectual emptiness in the average APC supporter is mindboggling!
Bruhh I Tot U Started insults yoyrself lemme answer your mediocrity everyone has his own opinion we are in a democratic country so why not paddle your own canoe if apc is a tribe or a race dats not your fu**king biz...and whenever u wanna slander or libel anyone or a party u take a good look at yourself mayb u worth it...mayb am a apc member or supporter that not ur own business...am an agent of CHANGE and you can go to hell or anywhere!!!
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by Validated: 3:34pm On Jan 02, 2015
Truly this CHANGE is becoming very hard to sell. In just 7 weeks to go all CHANGE initiatives are going into tatters undecided

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by anonimi: 3:34pm On Jan 02, 2015
barcanista:
I once called you a jonathanian in one of your mischievous thread where you tried to hide under the cloak of "neutrality" to exhibit your TANism. I wasn't wrong afterall. Happy New Year

So anyone who EXPOSES General Muhammadu Buhari for the FRAUD that he is automatically earns a TAN tag
I guess that is how the internet warriors of the Association of Pretending Crooks, APC intend to scare away any rational critic of the daft pensioner who has been trying for the last 12 years to match General Olusegun Obasanjo's second chance record.

You guys tried it with yorubas who have been exposing the JagaBandit & his 40 thieves in the south west without success but it seems you never learn.
Keep trying like your Perpetual Presidential Candidate, PPC chronic loser idol.
Good luck!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by dre11(m): 3:35pm On Jan 02, 2015
barcanista:
OP Funny enough, you don't just take encyclopaedia as sole source of information, because anybody can enter whatever satisfies their sentiment. Britannica is an encyclopaedia itself. You need to tell from economic indices to decode success or failure of a government.
Inflation rate relative to previous year(s)
Unemployment/Employment rate relative the previous year(s)
Gross National Income
Gross Domestic Product
Budget
Balance of trade etc.

Am sure the op is so blinded with facts that he had to quote some silly British colonial master who only to to improvise the nation
What has all their puppet policies done to us

Though Brigadier Tunde Idiagbon is dead, I personally wish that Nigerians would remember the days of these two patriotic heroes as they made indelible mark in the chronology of Nigeria military governments. Their love for the state of Nigeria transcended power for personal aggrandizements. It was to fix the nation. Now, Mr. Buhari is the only surviving one and he has once again registered his intentions to come back to rescue the nation from the circle of political mendacity or venality. I am not going to recommend any candidate for Nigerians but I am particularly concerned about the present precarious situation in the country. I advise everyone to be extremely careful as to whom they would elect as their leaders in the coming elections. I am not a personal friend of Buhari neither am I a political affiliate. My opinion about him is based on his historic performance which includes merit, sincerity, commitment, and credibility. It is a common believe that heroes are scarcely honored while they are still alive.
http://nigeriaworld.com/articles/2014/aug/161.html

This is an on spot assessment of someone who is a neutralist and not an apologist of the colonial master

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by jzdoberman: 3:39pm On Jan 02, 2015
Why are you guys(APC) hailing that aboki? Tunde Idiagbon was the MAIN MAN! And not that daft, adult-like-baby and weak soldier who should be "up there" taking care of his cattle... Imagine a nomad wants to rule Nigeria again!!! ONLY FAT-HEADS like him would vote for him.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by tecmon: 3:41pm On Jan 02, 2015
Buhari is playing on the ignorance of some Nigerians, but majority of us know better,
you flog pple to line up at bus parks, but how many buses did you provide ? The metro rail that would haved solved the problem of congestion which generates the rowdy parks you have scrapped.
You kick and flog petty traders off the streets and shut down the whole country for six hours every month all in the name of environmental sanitation, yet you leave the oil companies polluting these traders village farms, lands and waters to operate without any restriction, not one incenerator or garbage truck did you provide. And you say you are fighting kworoption, man truth is bitter, we know who is clueless here, we wont give you a democratic opportunity (because you are not a democrat) to destroy us

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by buoye1(m): 3:45pm On Jan 02, 2015
adonismuller:
are u scared of being quoted? You are a fooooooool lol
I am waiting to die like a fowl. Hehehehe
i know what u want but i won't give u!bigger than that...PDP E-rat, your insult wont change me.....GMB2015
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jan 02, 2015
A zoologist ruling us, now a cattle rearer wants a piece of the pie, we Nigerians must be animals...

Whoever coined the phrase "the devil you know is better than the angel you don't know" wasn't wrong then and wouldn't be wrong now-time shall tell.

Btw, last time GMB came to power his excuse was falling oil prices, now oil prices are falling again.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by Simitrendy: 3:48pm On Jan 02, 2015
kaka22:
No matter the amount of articles/materials digged up by Pdp and their paid agents will stop us from sending the clueless one out of Aso rock, come 2015. No leader can succeed without tackling corruption head on... As bad as you painted Buhari's regime to be, it is not as bad as this clueless administration. Bro i really appreciate this comment Atleast, he(Buhari) had the political will to tackle corruption then and he still has the political will to tackle corruption now... He even recorded some economic successes...
Yeah Bruhh u are soo on point and we are agents of CHANGE #weCanStillWalkOnWater change is possible
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by mrjingles(m): 3:49pm On Jan 02, 2015
An ignorant and gullible electorate is more dangerous to democracy than crooked politicians. Please if you were not alive when Buhari ruled go and educate yourself or ask your parents. Alternatively google the words "essential commodity" "decree 4" "decree 20" 'Nduka Irabor and Tunde Thompson" "Barthlomew Owoh" and come back and proclaim the man's sainthood if you are convinced he did well. I won't even mention lagos metro project.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by Kenai: 3:50pm On Jan 02, 2015
Simitrendy:
Bruhh I Tot U Started insults yoyrself lemme answer your mediocrity everyone has his own opinion we are in a democratic country so why not paddle your own canoe if apc is a tribe or a race dats not your fu**king biz...and whenever u wanna slander or libel anyone or a party u take a good look at yourself mayb u worth it...mayb am a apc member or supporter that not ur own business...am an agent of CHANGE and you can go to hell or anywhere!!!

DUNCE! Answer the f0cking question and stop beating about the bush!

IS APC A RACE OR A TRIBE? Why did you accuse Acidosis of "tribalism" simply because he blasted APC?

Don't feed me this junk story of whether you're an agent of "Change" or "Credit". Just answer the freaking question, you dimwit.

Now you're telling me to paddle my own canoe? Were you also paddling your own canoe when you jumped in on someone else's space and began to accuse him of tribalism simply because he blasted APC?
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by ThecriTerioN: 3:53pm On Jan 02, 2015
AcidosisMega:
Supporters of the economic "messiah" should come and defend the economic CHANGE.

Front page, Mr Seun

Let us while we shd vote forr Oga JO again.
6yrs of unaccountability is enough to vote him out pls.
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by docadams: 3:57pm On Jan 02, 2015
Contd
Gen. Muhammadu Buhari launched the War Against Indiscipline (WAI) as a Head of State and the policy won him national and universal applause, as a result of its effectiveness.

He became a renowned anti-corruption Czar, as a result of his zero tolerance to corruption, which reduced the menace to its barest minimum while he was Head of State.

His practical economic policies reduced inflation from 23 per cent to 4 per cent within 20 months and kept the Naira stronger than the Dollar with an exchange rate of N1 to $1.4.
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by docadams: 4:05pm On Jan 02, 2015
Contd
Buhari is admired by many for his uprightness and stand against corruption. His government is revered for its ability to keep the country afloat by making progress through sheer economic ingenuity even when it rejected IMF loan and refused to adopt IMF conditionalities to devalue the Naira.[16] His government is praised for its gain in reducing inflation by refusing to devalue the nation's currency, the Nigerian Naira, curbing imports of needless goods, curtailing oil theft and using counter trade policy to barter seized illegally bunkered crude oil for needful goods like machineries, enabling it to export above its OPEC quota.[1]

The economic principles and political ideology of the Buhari military government is called Buharism by some political and economic analysts.
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by Simitrendy: 4:05pm On Jan 02, 2015
Kenai:

DUNCE! Answer the f0cking question and stop beating about the bush!

IS APC A RACE OR A TRIBE? Why did you accuse Acidosis of "tribalism" simply because he blasted APC?

Don't feed me this junk story of whether you're an agent of "Change" or "Credit". Just answer the freaking question, you dimwit.

Now you're telling me to paddle my own canoe? Were you also paddling your own canoe when you jumped in on someone else's space and began to accuse him of tribalism simply because he blasted APC?
You Lack Respect And U Are d Dunce fool a stupid and an ineptitude one have ever seen, the person i even quoted never took it personal and never in your life should u quote me by abuses u fool go to hell coz aint gonna answer ur question u fool!!
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by Desammyst(m): 4:09pm On Jan 02, 2015
Guys, plssss, don't bliv anytin about Buhari Accusations oooh. visit naijagists.com, bloggers have bin paid whooping #95 million by GEJ campaign manager 2 tarnish Buhari's Image.
Re: Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica by Kenai: 4:14pm On Jan 02, 2015
Simitrendy:
You Lack Respect And U Are d Dunce fool a stupid and an ineptitude one have ever seen, the person i even quoted never took it personal and never in your life should u quote me by abuses u fool go to hell coz aint gonna answer ur question u fool!!

Typical. The only thing sad illiterate Buharists are good at. Childish insults.
A simple question and you're still unable to answer.
Shows what a moooroon you are. grin

Abeg, go bash your head against the wall, loser. Change agent my asss grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How FG Plotted Senate Invasion/mace Snatching By Thugs - Wike / Tambuwal To Defect To PDP Next Week / Bandits Kill Two Young Men After Collecting N2m Ransom In Sokoto (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.