Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,249 members, 7,953,929 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:11 AM

7 Online Businesses You Must Avoid Like A Plague - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 7 Online Businesses You Must Avoid Like A Plague (1781 Views)

15 Businesses You Can Start On Campus That You Don't Know About / Training: 40 businesses you can start with 1000 naira or less (with Videos) / Profitable Businesses You Can Start With Little Capital. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Online Businesses You Must Avoid Like A Plague by webincomeplus(m): 12:32pm On Dec 29, 2014
[b]I've come across many people who think online business is a hoax -- all because they've tried out one or more online money-making ventures, but didn't make any money. But on probing further into their experiences, I discovered that they didn't venture into online business in the first place.

Most decriers of online business don’t understand what an online business really means. They think everything that fetches money over the Internet passes for a real online business. So, they plunge into any online activity that promise to fetch them money. But in the end, they failed because they missed it right from the start.

Get this clearly: A real online business is one that you have absolute control over, and that has the potential to fetch you a full-time income for as long as you wish. Blogging, affiliate marketing, information marketing, and freelancing are all in line with this definition.

But then, there are some other online activities that fetch people money, but are usually timewasters and risky ventures. And you must avoid them at all cost because, in reality, they are not businesses -- in that you have little or control over them and income they bring, if any.

Here are seven such businesses:

Click here to continue reading the post[/b]

1 Like

Re: 7 Online Businesses You Must Avoid Like A Plague by lormarx: 6:59pm On Dec 29, 2014
If u cannot put it down here,then enjoy ur link
Re: 7 Online Businesses You Must Avoid Like A Plague by webincomeplus(m): 7:51pm On Dec 29, 2014
lormarx:
If u cannot put it down here,then enjoy ur link
Thank you, but your comment was unnecessary. You could have just passed.
Re: 7 Online Businesses You Must Avoid Like A Plague by Ikonz(m): 9:27pm On Dec 29, 2014
Op, forget it. This is nairaland, nobody's gonna click on that bo0by link of yours angry

1 Like

Re: 7 Online Businesses You Must Avoid Like A Plague by Nobody: 10:27pm On Dec 29, 2014
Ikonz:
Op, forget it. This is nairaland, nobody's gonna click on that bo0by link of yours angry

If you don't click the link, the link will eventually click you. So act now.
Re: 7 Online Businesses You Must Avoid Like A Plague by webincomeplus(m): 10:38pm On Dec 29, 2014
letsdothis5:

grin
Re: 7 Online Businesses You Must Avoid Like A Plague by webincomeplus(m): 9:48am On Dec 30, 2014
letsdothis5:

Leave him. That's how they miss out on vital information and keep wasting their time on online businesses that won't fetch them a dime.
Re: 7 Online Businesses You Must Avoid Like A Plague by Nobody: 1:57pm On Dec 30, 2014
webincomeplus:
[b]I've come across many people who think online business is a hoax -- all because they've tried out one or more online money-making ventures, but didn't make any money. But on probing further into their experiences, I discovered that they didn't venture into online business in the first place.

Most decriers of online business don’t understand what an online business really means. They think everything that fetches money over the Internet passes for a real online business. So, they plunge into any online activity that promise to fetch them money. But in the end, they failed because they missed it right from the start.

Get this clearly: A real online business is one that you have absolute control over, and that has the potential to fetch you a full-time income for as long as you wish. Blogging, affiliate marketing, information marketing, and freelancing are all in line with this definition.

But then, there are some other online activities that fetch people money, but are usually timewasters and risky ventures. And you must avoid them at all cost because, in reality, they are not businesses -- in that you have little or control over them and income they bring, if any.

even forex trading?
Re: 7 Online Businesses You Must Avoid Like A Plague by EmmanuelD1st(m): 4:58pm On Dec 30, 2014
webincomeplus:

Bro, you should've left forex out of your list...pls. Don't give 2nd thought to wannabe forex traders...because you didn't excel as a forex trader doesn't mean others won't.
Re: 7 Online Businesses You Must Avoid Like A Plague by webincomeplus(m): 6:33pm On Dec 30, 2014
EmmanuelD1st:
Bro, you should've left forex out of your list...pls. Don't give 2nd thought to wannabe forex traders...because you didn't excel as a forex trader doesn't mean others won't.
And how does my analysis reflect that my warning was borne out of my failure to excel at it?

I know that the most people looking to make money online are of the make money quick psychology, which will make them fail woefully at Forex. Besides that, I cited other reasons why Forex trading made my list.
Re: 7 Online Businesses You Must Avoid Like A Plague by EmmanuelD1st(m): 9:00am On Dec 31, 2014
webincomeplus:

And how does my analysis reflect that my warning was borne out of my failure to excel at it?

I know that the most people looking to make money online are of the make money quick psychology, which will make them fail woefully at Forex. Besides that, I cited other reasons why Forex trading made my list. 1. Forex trading
This was seen as the hottest business opportunity in Nigeria a couple of years back. Many people, including myself, quickly jumped on the bandwagon of Forex trading with the aim of making quick bucks from the foreign exchange market. But we soon got burnt due to the high-risk nature
of forex trading.
Thinking forex is a get "quick bucks" scheme got you whipsawed. To avoid typing many words, let me just take this opportunity to advise those aspiring to become a forex trader to first and foremost undergo a COMPLETE forex trading course where you'll be thought everything there is to know about forex trading which include managing equity and trade risks etc. When through with the course, Demo trade your way to confidence and against negative trading psychology before going live. If you feel there is a need for a mentor, Good! As there are a number fine traders here on nairaland willing to see newbies succeed in FX trading. "The successful man will profit from his
mistakes and try again in a different way."
Dale Carnegie
Re: 7 Online Businesses You Must Avoid Like A Plague by webincomeplus(m): 10:43am On Dec 31, 2014
EmmanuelD1st:
Thinking forex is a get "quick bucks" scheme got you whipsawed. To avoid typing many words, let me just take this opportunity to advise those aspiring to become a forex trader to first and foremost undergo a COMPLETE forex trading course where you'll be thought everything there is to know about forex trading which include managing equity and trade risks etc. When through with the course, Demo trade your way to confidence and against negative trading psychology before going live. If you feel there is a need for a mentor, Good! As there are a number fine traders here on nairaland willing to see newbies succeed in FX trading. "The successful man will profit from his
mistakes and try again in a different way."
Dale Carnegie
Yes, and that's why I called it a no-go area for those looking to make money online. Most of them are of the same orientation, so they'll surely get burned. Besides, most of them just won't have the patience to undergo the kind of complete training your recommended.

Nonetheless, I respect your comment, and I'll add your recommendation to the post on my blog.
Re: 7 Online Businesses You Must Avoid Like A Plague by lormarx: 11:02am On Jan 06, 2015
webincomeplus:

Leave him. That's how they miss out on vital information and keep wasting their time on online businesses that won't fetch them a dime.
the link. Is among d 7 online biz to avoid
Re: 7 Online Businesses You Must Avoid Like A Plague by webincomeplus(m): 12:19pm On Jan 06, 2015
lormarx:
the link. Is among d 7 online biz to avoid
Sorry, I didn't get that.

(1) (Reply)

Now You Can Get A Loan With Your Domain / Lfr Hit $370 Trillion Put Forex Into Shame! / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.