Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,465 members, 7,812,425 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

Why Is The Name "Ekaete" Always A Maid?? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is The Name "Ekaete" Always A Maid?? (1306 Views)

When Is The Right Time To Employ A Maid/house-help? / She Wants A Maid I Don't Like / How To Deal With A Maid That Steals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is The Name "Ekaete" Always A Maid?? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 29, 2014
Almost all the Ekaetes i've met are related to servants or house maid fields (so to speak).

It is now so prevalent that all our Igbo/Calabar folks settled for the name Ekaete as their maid, don't know maybe they are servant inclined, (just saying though), and which is not suppose to be so.

What your take on this guyz.

And please, am not throwing jibes at anyone, and if incidentally or possbly your name is Ekate, i mean no harm..just 'facting' what's going on in our country for possible solutions.
Re: Why Is The Name "Ekaete" Always A Maid?? by thorpido(m): 1:43pm On Dec 29, 2014
It's not their real names most times.It's the agents who give them that name to bear in their madam's house.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Name "Ekaete" Always A Maid?? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Dec 29, 2014
thorpido:
It's not their real names most times.It's the agents who give them that name to bear in their madam's house.

it seems u re kinda right
Re: Why Is The Name "Ekaete" Always A Maid?? by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 30, 2014
op it is a common generalization by Nigerians. just like they call every northerner ab.oki/mallam and every seasoning Maggi e.t.c... ekaette is not their names most of the time...
Re: Why Is The Name "Ekaete" Always A Maid?? by amtheone(m): 10:49am On Dec 30, 2014
2undexy:
Almost all the Ekaetes i've met are related to servants or house maid fields (so to speak).

It is now so prevalent that all our Igbo/Calabar folks settled for the name Ekaete as their maid, don't know maybe they are servant inclined, (just saying though), and which is not suppose to be so.

What your take on this guyz.

And please, am not throwing jibes at anyone, and if incidentally or possbly your name is Ekate, i mean no harm..just 'facting' what's going on in our country for possible solutions.

I would have love to educate you on the subject matter, but I cannot due to my tight schedule.

(1) (Reply)

My Elder Brother And Sister In The 80s And 2014 / Household Items For Sale / Fertility Doctor Who Used His Own Sperm To Secretly Impregnate About 50 Patient

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.