Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,452 members, 7,826,736 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. (17881 Views)

PWC Audit:Kola Aluko And Jide Omokore Given $7bn Assets By Diezanni Madueke / Deizani Alison-Madueke Denies Leasing Planes For 10 Billion Naira / "Progressive" Jigawa Governor In over 10 Billion Naira Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by Ngwakwe: 11:16am On Dec 30, 2014
LRNZH:

2. NOI announced the audit by PwC to the general public in April and confirmed it will be complete by November. Why can't Nigerians ask for the report in December? Public office is a contract with the people.

Asking for a report is totally deferent from politicising the unknown content of the report for political gains and moreover, if the report is ready there are other legal means of obtaining it.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by LRNZH(m): 11:22am On Dec 30, 2014
Ngwakwe:

Asking for a report is totally deferent from politicising the unknown content of the report for political gains and moreover, if the report is ready there are other legal means of obtaining it.

You have said nothing sensible here.

Just read this so that you think more and post less but more meaningfully,
LRNZH:

Have you heard of Occam's Razor?
Occam's Razor:
The principle states that among competing hypotheses, the one with the fewest assumptions should be selected. Other, more complicated solutions may ultimately prove correct, but—in the absence of certainty—the fewer assumptions that are made, the better.

aka Keep It Simple Stupid (KISS)
Save us all these long stories that don't make sense.

3 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by Ngwakwe: 11:28am On Dec 30, 2014
LRNZH:

3. I showed you link proving that the PwC audit report has been submitted to the FG. Why is the FG denying possession of the said report?
[/b]

This is just rumours

PREMIUM TIMES independently investigated the whereabouts of the report and its contents, several weeks before the statement released by the APC on Saturday.

At each turn, relevant government offices denied having the report despite confirmation by senior officials of the finance ministry to this newspaper that the report had since been submitted by PriceWaterHouseCoopers.

The sources said the document was submitted to the office of the Auditor-General of the Federation.

Our reporters contacted the offices of the Auditor-General and the Accountant- General repeatedly, pressing for the report, without success.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by LRNZH(m): 11:32am On Dec 30, 2014
Ngwakwe:

This is just rumours

Based on your logic, Newspaper investigation and reports are rumours.

Again read below.
You need to learn some rules of logic.

LRNZH:

Occam's Razor:
The principle states that among competing hypotheses, the one with the fewest assumptions should be selected. Other, more complicated solutions may ultimately prove correct, but—in the absence of certainty—the fewer assumptions that are made, the better.

3 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by modhream: 11:40am On Dec 30, 2014
Ngwakwe:

Ngwakwe,stop digging please.Unless you're drilling for oil.
Whatever shred of respect and reputation you had left on this forum,you've torn to bits.This bloodbath is not cool to watch,abeg.
Nwanne onye na agba ajo egwu,oko iku anya ana ako e.Nke a akaria,biko

7 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 30, 2014
Nawaoh, you cannot beat ngwakwe flat, you result to personal attacks, this is becoming a familiar scene in every thread ngwakwe features...
Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 30, 2014
LRNZH:

Occam's Razor:

And your own hypothesis has the fewest assumptions....
Atleast occams razor does not state that the hypothesis with the FEWEST ASSUMPTIONS is neccesarily correct... atleast you admit you have been assuming all along...

What a clown... nd some people thought you were making sense
Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by Ngwakwe: 11:58am On Dec 30, 2014
modhream:

Whatever shred of respect and reputation you had left on this forum,you've torn to bits.This bloodbath is not cool to watch,abeg.

I never asked for your respect nor commendation as I am not a glory seeker

If I displeased you by the comment below. So be it

Ngwakwe:
It is the National Assembly that needs to release a comprehensive report on the said scandal and not the Executive.

Hon. Aminu Tambuwal, Sen. David Mark and NASS owe Nigerians that duty and we are still expecting their report as part of their oversight functions.

The Executive is not expected to present an unbiased report in a scandal involving an agency under it hence the call by Lai Mohammed shows the depth of his mental capacity and bias.

There are three branches of government in a democracy and they are responsible for checking the excesses of each other.

Quoting the words of Senator Bukola Saraki on the $20 billion scandal "Let's allow the Senate to finish their job to avoid what happened to Nuhu Ribadu's committee report from repeating itself" end of quote.
Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by LRNZH(m): 11:59am On Dec 30, 2014
njokusboy:

And your own hypothesis has the fewest assumptions....
Atleast occams razor does not state that the hypothesis with the FEWEST ASSUMPTIONS is neccesarily correct... atleast you admit you have been assuming all along...

What a clown... nd some people thought you were making sense

Listen to this common sense here:

modhream:

My thread is very simple:

1. I show examples of amazing projects / companies worth less less than $10Billion.

2. Nigeria (NNPC) is missing between $10Billion and $20Billion. PwC has audited the relevant records and the report is with the FG which is denying this.

3. FG told us the report will be ready by November, 2014 and we are almost in January, 2015.

4. We as Nigerians have a right to discuss this on Nairaland and request to see this report.

What are you now posting long unnecessary comments for?

Every other commenter has told you that you're biased, off-point and trying to derail the thread.

But you have no iota of shame to cede the points.

5 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by Ngwakwe: 12:08pm On Dec 30, 2014
LRNZH:

Listen to this common sense here:

My thread is very simple:

1. I show examples of amazing projects / companies worth less less than $10Billion.

2. Nigeria (NNPC) is missing between $10Billion and $20Billion. PwC has audited the relevant records(s) and the report is with the FG but FG is denying this.

3. FG told us the report will be ready by November, 2014 and we are almost in January, 2015.

4. We as Nigerians have a right to discuss this on Nairaland and request to see this report.

What are you now posting long unnecessary comments for?

Every other commenter has told you that you're bias and off point, and trying to derail the thread.

But you have no iota of shame to cede the points.

Stop deceiving the public.

You have no concrete proof that a dime is missing (stolen) yet.

The Finance Minister insisted before the Senate committee that the only money left to reconcile the accounts is $10.8 billion. “I just wanted to add that we found about $10.8 billion. He mentione $12billion,” Okonjo-Iweala said.

The keyword is here is "reconcile"
Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by LRNZH(m): 12:14pm On Dec 30, 2014
Ngwakwe:

Stop deceiving the public.

You have no concrete proof that a dime is missing yet.

The Finance Minister insisted before the Senate committee that the only money left to reconcile the accounts is $10.8 billion. “I just wanted to add that we found about $10.8 billion. He mentione $12billion,” Okonjo-Iweala said.

NOI stated that the amount is between $10.9Billion and $12Billion missing.

SLS claims that the missing amount is more ie $20Billion.

So is it not between 10 and 20 Billion that is the bone of contention? Irrespective of whether $12Billion was mentioned or not.

If you're not silly, in what other serious, self respecting Gov't or country will they be trying to reconcile over $10Billion dollars for over 2 years judging by what less than that amount can achieve?

The paragraph above is the purpose of this thread.

Ultimately the genuine PwC Audit Report is the final judge of the matter. That's why we are requesting for this report and discussing it.

Instead of moving this to FP you're blowing dust..

I swear I feel like I'm arguing with a primary school pupil.
Anyway, I've been asked to ignore you by all other commenters. Your penchant for lowly ignorance is famous.

4 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by ibisko04: 12:43pm On Dec 30, 2014
The system here in Nigeria is not designed to work like that of the developed world . I always said it that their is a conspiracy against the nation of Nigeria by the world powerful nations to make Nigeria a market that will forever remains at their mercy.
This is why you can't find any tangible landmark development since 1999 to date. If you people are making noise about 20b dollars, how much more about when we were having 60b dollars in our foreign reserve account.
Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by LRNZH(m): 12:47pm On Dec 30, 2014
Why is Nigeria still managing 3,000 MW? While more than $10Billion is still 'missing' from NNPC

LRNZH:
11. Longtan Dam and Hydropower Station - Guangxi, China (Cost: $4.2 Billion US)
Longtan Dam is a large roller-compacted concrete (RCC) gravity dam on the Hongshui River in Tian'e County of the Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, China, a tributary of the Xi River and the Pearl River. The dam is 216.2 m (709.3 ft) high and 849 m (2,785 ft) long; it is the tallest of its type in the world. The dam is intended for hydroelectric power production, flood control and navigation. The dam contains seven surface spillways, two bottom outlets and an underground power station. The installed electric power generation capacity of the dam is 6,426MW.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why is the the Federal Government holding back the PwC Audit Report? [/quote]
Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by LRNZH(m): 1:12pm On Dec 30, 2014
ibisko04:
The system here in Nigeria is not designed to work like that of the developed world . I always said it that their is a conspiracy against the nation of Nigeria by the world powerful nations to make Nigeria a market that will forever remains at their mercy.
This is why you can't find any tangible landmark development since 1999 to date. If you people are making noise about 20b dollars, how much more about when we were having 60b dollars in our foreign reserve account.

But Bro.

Before we blame foreigners shouldn't we act properly first?

Before you blame someone for pouring sand in your garri won't you move your garri bag to somewhere secure first?

3 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by ibisko04: 1:36pm On Dec 30, 2014
LRNZH:

But Bro.

Before we blame foreigners shouldn't we act properly first?

Before you blame someone for pouring sand in your garri won't you move your garri bag to somewhere secure first?
Thank you for your comments. The leader that will make the bold move is the one we should look for. Nigerians must make the best of 2015 transition period. We want leader who can take the nation to a realistic levels of using our resources for our development.
Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by LRNZH(m): 1:49pm On Dec 30, 2014
ibisko04:

Thank you for your comments. The leader that will make the bold move is the one we should look for. Nigerians must make the best of 2015 transition period. We want leader who can take the nation to a realistic levels of using our resources for our development.

Exactly why we are having these discussions...
Some of the readers here will be in positions of leadership in the near future or are already in leadership.

This serves as a reflection board for us all to aspire to greater things than celebrating mediocre things like roads and refurbished trains.

Non progressives like
Ngwakwe:

etc. chose to be against the right things. We never forget the PwC audit report o.
Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by LRNZH(m): 2:16pm On Dec 30, 2014
I just discovered this:*

12. Cost of Rebuilding The Syrian Army- from $3B annually
In 2014, experts from the CIA and the Brookings Institute Center for Middle East Policy analysed what it would cost to rebuild the Syrian army if Assads regime were to be toppled.
How much should the U.S. and its allies spend to create a new military force capable of crushing the Islamic State insurgency in Iraq and Syria? The real costs could start from $3billion each year, with the greatest unknown being the price of the air campaign.
Reasonable estimates are $1 billion to $2 billion to train the troops every year, another $6 billion to $19 billion for air support and $1.5 billion to $2.75 billion in non-lethal aid once the Syrian army is in control.

Boko Haram is capturing territory everywhere and declaring a caliphate while adequate funds to build a formidable army to defeat them is 'missing'.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by LRNZH(m): 3:55pm On Dec 30, 2014
Guidette:
Damn. This really jolts one back to reality. FP please.

I get jolted everytime
Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by fabrigas18(m): 4:42pm On Dec 30, 2014
LRNZH:

Look at No. 10 for example.

$4.2 Billion was used to generate over 6,000 MW of electricity in China, meanwhile Nigeria is struggling to generate 3,000 MW
kindly consider there population okk..

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by LRNZH(m): 4:47pm On Dec 30, 2014
fabrigas18:

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by LRNZH(m): 4:47pm On Dec 30, 2014
fabrigas18:

Please educate me on your statement.
I need to learn something new today.

Thanks in advance.
Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by mrfrosh: 4:54pm On Dec 30, 2014
LRNZH:

All are less than $10Billion. shocked shocked shocked undecided undecided undecided

Each one is less than $10Billion, English is hard for you ooo,If you say all are less than $10Billion,it means $10Billion can do all the things listed above...Go back to school

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by LRNZH(m): 5:06pm On Dec 30, 2014
mrfrosh:

Each one is less than $10Billion, English is hard for you ooo,If you say all are less than $10Billion,it means $10Billion can do all the things listed above...Go back to school

All are less than $10Billion each.

Prof. Are you happy now?

grin grin grin grin

But Prof. Before you go.
I saw your post from another thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/2067574/desperate-father-uses-daughter-collateral/2#29335444
mrfrosh:

There's poverty in all states in Nigeria,Stop sounding like a bigot,besides you read they were displaced from their home...some people's level of reasoning sha...

I noticed you punctuate with commas before capitalised words and you don't leave space after commas.

Is this the new form of written English I have been hearing about? Make I kuku dey learn.

grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by LRNZH(m): 6:18pm On Dec 30, 2014
........ Waiting for TANoids to defend PDP.
Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by bruno419(m): 6:53pm On Dec 30, 2014
One word.......

Go to court undecided undecided
Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by fabrigas18(m): 7:00pm On Dec 30, 2014
LRNZH:

Please educate me on your statement.
I need to learn something new today.

Thanks in advance.
ok let's start dis way, which mobile networ do u use? Wen last did u recharge? If u avnt do now so u can receive ur free MB 2 google the population of China compared to Nigeria and how it tells on the power supply..
Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by LRNZH(m): 7:04pm On Dec 30, 2014
fabrigas18:
ok let's start dis way, which mobile networ do u use? Wen last did u recharge? If u avnt do now so u can receive ur free MB 2 google the population of China compared to Nigeria and how it tells on the power supply..

China's population is 1.357 Billion and Nigeria's is 173.6 Million (2013).

How that population discrepancy helps China to produce more electricity than Nigeria is what I'm struggling to understand.
Kindly shed light on this miracle.

5 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by October1960: 7:08pm On Dec 30, 2014
Many past and present government officials from Perm Sec's down to even junior officials have used their government positions to STEAL billions of Naira and Dollars that could have been used for development. They purchase houses overseas, send their children to school overseas, go for health care overseas and then their children give birth to their babies overseas since the they don't want their children to grow up in the mess they created.

Nigerians should ask their affluent friends whose parents where past government officials how they got their wealth?? Was it from savings and investments or assisting politicians to divide our common wealth??

Don't look up to these crooks and the monies their children and grand children are now spending. You will see them pretending to be born again and going to church 3 times a week after enjoying the education and privileges of stolen money.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by Nobody: 7:21pm On Dec 30, 2014
Please is the $ different from the $ in Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Queen Elizabeth Honours Ahmed Adamu (Photos) / Recovered Loot: Why Buhari Won’t Disclose Amount – Garba Shehu / Buhari’s Strategists Chasing Ants By Reuben Abati

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.