Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,990 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. (17858 Views)

PWC Audit:Kola Aluko And Jide Omokore Given $7bn Assets By Diezanni Madueke / Deizani Alison-Madueke Denies Leasing Planes For 10 Billion Naira / "Progressive" Jigawa Governor In over 10 Billion Naira Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by besttrader: 2:29pm On Jan 31, 2015
LRNZH:
Courtesy of besttrader....
The Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam, Benishangul-Gumuz Region, Ethiopia (Cost: $4.8 Billion US)
The Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam (GERD or Taehige), formerly known as the Millennium Dam and sometimes referred to as Hidase Dam, is a gravity dam on the Blue Nile River in Ethiopia currently under construction. It is in the Benishangul-Gumuz Region of Ethiopia, about 40 km (25 mi) east of the border with Sudan.
At 6,000 MW, the dam will be the largest hydroelectric power plant in Africa when completed, as well as the 8th largest in the world sharing the spot with Krasnoyarskaya.The reservoir at 63 billion cubic meters will be one of the continent's largest. According to the Ethiopian government, as of October 2014, the dam is 40% complete.
The Ethiopian government funds the entire cost of the dam ($4.8 billion US) by itself.

Just after the new year I was watching African Business Report on CCTV and I ran into the news. As a matter of fact the project manager is a lady who said it was estimated to be completed around 8 years or so, but the had to employ possible engineering wits to cut it down. As a matter of fact electricity will be running out of that facility around July.

Compare that with the lack of political will in Nigeria, this project will be estimated to be completed in 20 years and 1 year would be used for ground breaking ceremony, another one year for unveiling of the project plaque, another 1 years to resettle communities, 1 years to move equipments on ground, by then it will be around electioneering period, then the President would commission the map of the projects - he'll get voted in for second term to complete the project.

I don't know where we got it wrong?
Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by minister2015: 3:27pm On Jan 31, 2015
Nigeria truly needs a rescue mission. Missing money has become Hallmark of GEJ's administration.
Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by LRNZH(m): 7:44am On Feb 01, 2015
besttrader:

Just after the new year I was watching African Business Report on CCTV and I ran into the news. As a matter of fact the project manager is a lady who said it was estimated to be completed around 8 years or so, but the had to employ possible engineering wits to cut it down. As a matter of fact electricity will be running out of that facility around July.
Compare that with the lack of political will in Nigeria, this project will be estimated to be completed in 20 years and 1 year would be used for ground breaking ceremony, another one year for unveiling of the project plaque, another 1 years to resettle communities, 1 years to move equipments on ground, by then it will be around electioneering period, then the President would commission the map of the projects - he'll get voted in for second term to complete the project.
I don't know where we got it wrong?

minister2015:
Nigeria truly needs a rescue mission. Missing money has become Hallmark of GEJ's administration.

OBJ made the grave error of seeking for 3rd term.
The failure of his adventurism led to the imposition of Yar'adua, GEJ and the likes..... It has been downhill since then.
I blame OBJ's warped vision for all these.... his actions will eventually lead to the looming death of PDP.

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by FastShipping: 3:46pm On Feb 01, 2015
In a country of intellects, Jonathan should be the last person to be in an office as a local government chairman not to talk of President of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by pekeyim: 5:44pm On Feb 01, 2015
FastShipping:

No they don't. That is my frustration. Imagine after the death of Yar"Adua there was $36 Billion in our foreign reserve and it was down to $600 Million naira in 22 months after GEJ came in as Acting President. Imagine what they could have done with such amount of money.

Why do we do this?

Stop telling Lies, Nigeria's 39,606,843,071 dollars. That's 39 billion dollars as @ september last year

http://www.cbn.gov.ng/IntOps/Reserve.asp?MoveDate=9/16/2014 10:29:59 AM
LAI Mohammad's Brother.
LIES
Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by nkemdilem: 12:14am On Feb 02, 2015
By the way watch how Ethiopians work litrally 24 hours a day to finish their Grand Dam. Especially watch at the end starting at 12 min. And for night work watch starting from 14:30 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51PNmtp3mVE?t=11m36s
Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by queensmith: 8:18am On Feb 07, 2015
loooooool @the rules 'use perfect grammar and punctuation'

Brilliant article - assuming we even wanted to take on large infrastructure projects without a forecast of the maintenance costs.

$20bn spent frugally I dare say could very well change the country.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by LRNZH(m): 11:00am On Feb 25, 2015
As far as we are concerned this report is still hidden.
FG should publish it.....

Lalasticlala, Ishilove, Maclatunji, Obinoscopy, OAM4J
Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by LRNZH(m): 8:42pm On Apr 27, 2015
NNPC Audit report is finally out....... WOW!

The fear of Buhari...
Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by Nobody: 8:59pm On Apr 28, 2015
While reading the audit report, this trend coundnt live my heart, I had to search for it.
Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 28, 2015
This thread should get the attention it deserves.
Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by Nobody: 9:03pm On Apr 28, 2015
Seun, Lalasticlala please front page. I don't see any reason why it shouldn't.
Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by LouisVanGaal(m): 9:04pm On Apr 28, 2015
LRNZH...where you go since bros!!!
Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by LRNZH(m): 9:29pm On Apr 29, 2015
dcaliph:
This thread should get the attention it deserves.
LouisVanGaal:
LRNZH...where you go since bros!!!

Correct guys! I have been hanging in waiting to see GMB's ministerial list. That, for me, is the key performance indicator for GMB's 'Change' gov't.
I ordered a 20kVA diesel generator today with the hope that in the course of APC's four years in gov't, the gen will become more and more idle because power would have improved significantly.

Mods popular demand have been requesting FP for this thread. Just go through from page 1!
@Lalasticlala, Ishilove, Maclatunji, Obinoscopy, OAM4J

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. by osunyemi: 1:55pm On Aug 25, 2015
hmnn

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kanu: We’re More Nigerian Than Any Other Tribe- Ohaneze Ndigbo / Fulani Herdsmen Kill Two Teenagers In Enugu / Nnamdi Kanu May Go Blind, His Sight Deteriorating - Ozekhome Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.