Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,463 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan (21171 Views)

Crowd At Port-Harcourt Airport To Welcome Wike From Abuja (Photos) / Court Restrains Wike From Sacking 23 Lg Councils In Rivers State / Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram, Northern Elders Tell Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by clemzo101(m): 10:15am On Dec 30, 2014
Wike is d nxt riverd governor weda u like it or not.
Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by Nobody: 10:16am On Dec 30, 2014
On to topic....Dr Jonathan should listen and compromise with the elders....a lot of bad blood in the selection of Wike as the aspirant....because there is a risk that Rivers could go APC next year if care is not taken.

Look at Lagos....PDP is united...because vital compromises were made. Same could be done for Rivers?
Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by UTEWUOJO: 10:22am On Dec 30, 2014
Confusion in PDP camp, sai APC all de way come 2015.
Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by chidexy(m): 10:27am On Dec 30, 2014
If a riverine man is elected as the governor of Rivers state, then it means an Ijaw man would occupy the presidency, Rivers and Bayelsa States and the deputy governorship of Delta state.

So you see the wisdom of the President in supporting Wike?

1 Like

Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 30, 2014
omenka:
Such pretty ladies around these days. Lovely face. Lovely figure.

Barcanista, food don done oo! cheesy
Where are these ladies hiding? Bros abeg borrow me your car make I use impress one of these pretty gals on nairaland
Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by Nobody: 10:33am On Dec 30, 2014
chidexy:
If a riverine man is elected as the governor of Rivers state, then it means an Ijaw man would occupy the presidency, Rivers and Bayelsa States and the deputy governorship of Delta state.

So you see the wisdom of the President in supporting Wike?
What concerns the riverine man in rivers state and who the deputy Gov of Delta State is? Is Bayelsa not 100% Ijaw? How can Ikwerre man who is even incompetent succeed his brother that have been in power for 8 years? Well I am 200% certain that Wike will be defeated in 2015. It is a collective responsibility

3 Likes

Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by MRLINGTON(m): 10:49am On Dec 30, 2014
D rivers state has finally turned into a family biznex..da ikwerrians are now seeing rivers state as their own...dis time e won't work..NEVER!!!

1 Like

Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by IGBOSON1: 10:50am On Dec 30, 2014
dollarlander:
If you are not from riverine area you won't know the ordeal of these people.

They need someone who is from that area to connect the river separated people to civilisation.

You may not understand their plights. They need bridges and connecting networks. A only a riverine man can do that.

See what Amechi did in the city of port Harcourt he constructed many roads. He tried to develop a light rail which port Harcourt does not need for now and he could not finish it. That money could have completed a bridge that can connect a number of small riverine villages.

Go to Niger state and see what babangida did in terms of drainage and canals and msny other thjngs he did for his state while in power. He cut off the norther part of kwara state and joined it to niger state while creating states no non indigine that does not understand the plight and aspiration of his people can do that.

Imagine policies that president obama has put in place for black americans. Someone who doesnt share your believe can understand what ypu are talking about because he knows nothing about your case.

Imaging a president who grew up without a shoe go to hiw wardrobe now you will see the world most expensive shoes that he had never worn in his life. Please I'm not using this point to castigate Mr president but I want to drill down my point while the riverine people may vote out PDP.

Thanks.

^^^Then let them fight for their own state (like Orashi are doing), or join up with their fellow 'riverine' kinsfolk in Bayelsa! I heard when Bayelsa was created, they were given the option of being placed in Bayelsa but they refused and wanted to remain in Rivers state (i suspect just so those Igbos don't get to keep Port Harcourt to themselves)!

Politics is a game of numbers, so they should shut the fuc/k up and enjoy the ride! They had their chance to be in a state governed only by their kind ('riverine' dudes, who i would imagine have two heads, four arms, and a two dicck advantage over their 'upland' neighbours) but they rejected the offer!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by ernieboy(m): 11:00am On Dec 30, 2014
Why are they addressing gej when they should be addressing the wife? We all know she is the "real president" and godmother of wike.

1 Like

Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by samjeorg(m): 11:02am On Dec 30, 2014
sonOfLucifer:

Rivers State has two zones: upland and riverine. Wike is from Ikwerre lga which is upland.

i stand to be corrected though.

wike is not from ikwerre LGA dear, he is from Obio / Akpor LGA
where were the riverine elders and Gov. aspirants, when he rebuilt PDP structure after Amaechi sold it to APC.

bunch of clowns
Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by omenka(m): 11:03am On Dec 30, 2014
barcanista:
Where are these ladies hiding? Bros abeg borrow me your car make I use impress one of these pretty gals on nairaland
Nothing do you. The key dey under the front seat. Abeg dey careful oo. I need to do small work on the brakes.

1 Like

Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by Gideon1010(m): 11:07am On Dec 30, 2014
Rivers is bigger n strnger than Wike. There is a divine mandate in Rivers, lets keep our fingers crossd till then.
Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by davesd: 11:08am On Dec 30, 2014
amaechi, i dey the feel your swag. Thumbs up for you. Na you get river state. Na you get am.

1 Like

Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by Fourwinds: 11:09am On Dec 30, 2014
Big4wig:
Lol.. Wen Eva I hear d name wike I feel like dropping a joke

A blind guy visited his choir mistress @ her house to share a testimony and found her bathing. Since he was blind, she let him in. After bathing, she shaved everyevery in front of him and she tried 2 make conversation by asking him : Brother Iyke , what brings you here? is everything fine @ home? He replied: Yes, Very fine. I came to tell u that I have done the eye operation, so i can see now!

Wike Ko wifi ni
everyevery cheesy
Big4wig:
Lol.. Wen Eva I hear d name wike I feel like dropping a joke

A blind guy visited his choir mistress @ her house to share a testimony and found her bathing. Since he was blind, she let him in. After bathing, she shaved everyevery in front of him and she tried 2 make conversation by asking him : Brother Iyke , what brings you here? is everything fine @ home? He replied: Yes, Very fine. I came to tell u that I have done the eye operation, so i can see now!

Wike Ko wifi ni
everyevery
Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by Nobody: 11:10am On Dec 30, 2014
omenka:
Nothing do you. The key dey under the front seat. Abeg dey careful oo. I need to do small work on the brakes.
Walahi you really like me
Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 30, 2014
sonOfLucifer:

Rivers State has two zones: upland and riverine. Wike is from Ikwerre lga which is upland.

Wike is Ikwerre like Amaechi but from Obi Okpor local government. The upland have been ruling rivers state since 1999 to date, with Ikwerre enjoying a whopping 8 years. It is the time for a competent riverine. PDP will lose Rivers State

1 Like

Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by Deapexboy(m): 11:13am On Dec 30, 2014
Even we the uplander's in river state won't vote that man called wike

his family tree(pej his mother nd GEj his father) has faild us

APC all the way!!tongue

1 Like

Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by omenka(m): 11:13am On Dec 30, 2014
barcanista:
Walahi you really like me
Of course, we best buddies. Anyfin for a friend in need. grin
Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 30, 2014
omenka:
Of course, we best buddies. Anyfin for a friend in need. grin
I will prefer your RR or Range not that stuff
Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by Nobody: 11:17am On Dec 30, 2014
Deapexboy:
Even we the uplander's in river state won't vote that man called wike

his family tree(pej his mother nd GEj his father) has faild us

APC all the way!!tongue
God bless you! Wike is not competent enough to be rewarded with the governorship seat. I will understand if he was an achiever. He is a failure, he is just like Abiye Sekibo
Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by Deapexboy(m): 11:21am On Dec 30, 2014
barcanista:
God bless you! Wike is not competent enough to be rewarded with the governorship seat. I will understand if he was an achiever. He is a failure, he is just like Abiye Sekibo

we are ready to chop there money and vote dem out..cos dat's wat they are gud at(sharing money to decieve sum souls)

we are wiser now!!

2 Likes

Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by ibitzbarlow(m): 11:22am On Dec 30, 2014
omenka:
Well, though not from Rivers, but if you ask me, I'd say we should set aside such mundane sentiments as one's origin when it comes to selecting our leaders. What matters the most is character and I think Wike hasn't the character it takes to be a leader.

He's too thuggish and uncouth. I bet if PDP had presented a better candidate from thesame place as Wike, the resistance towards such a candidate wouldn't be as intense as that which Wike faces.

I think it is always better for one to understand a situation before commenting on it? Ethnic or tribal politics is bad, agreed, but is it right for a nation or a political party to act in negation of the provisions of her own constitution?

There are two main reasons why these PDP elders are making this posturing: The PDP constitution has a provision for the zoning of political offices especially for the Governorship of a state (this was upheld in Akwa Ibom and some other states but not in Rivers State) and secondly there has been an age-long history of zoning of political offices in Rivers State between the Riverine and Upland regions.

As a party, If PDP does the right thing by following her constitution, then Wike is not qualified to contest as Governor under the PDP platform. This is because the Last PDP or Rivers Governor is from the same region/senatorial district /tribe/ zone with Wike. While the Upland - Riverine power sharing agreement is not constitutional and unwritten, that of zoning as enshrined in the PDP constitution is legally binding to all members of the PDP.

In a nutshell, Wike, is qualified to contest for the Rivers State Governorship post in other parties, but not in the PDP because of the provisions of the constitution of the PDP as regards zoning.

1 Like

Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by omenka(m): 11:24am On Dec 30, 2014
barcanista:
I will prefer your RR or Range not that stuff
That is Vintage RR right there bro. Come on, vintage is the way to go if you really wanna show class. Just try it. Works like magic!
Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by Nobody: 11:37am On Dec 30, 2014
omenka:
That is Vintage RR right there bro. Come on, vintage is the way to go if you really wanna show class. Just try it. Works like magic!
Then I have to consider getting a bicycle
Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by omenka(m): 11:42am On Dec 30, 2014
barcanista:
Then I have to consider getting a bicycle
Then I wish you Goodluck! tonguegringringrin
Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by Dejohnbull: 11:42am On Dec 30, 2014
All of u above can relocate to hell fire if u like, (Wike will win).

1 Like

Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by LOUISXIV: 11:42am On Dec 30, 2014
idowuswap:
Igbos people are the most usueless tribe in this nation how can they claim agos to be no man s land are they mad even ojukwu self run commot for naija when war start
wat is this one saying,u cant even spell correctly.

1 Like

Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by Nobody: 11:42am On Dec 30, 2014
sonOfLucifer:

aside this self , wike and ameachi are both ikwerre . it does not make sense if ikwere takes it for 16 years.
Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by Agborman(m): 11:47am On Dec 30, 2014
Bluetooth2:

Jonathan is not in the country now, so the elders should wait for him to come back and seek permission from patience since she's the one controlling the president.
. lolv@ controlling the president.
Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by allcomage: 12:11pm On Dec 30, 2014
slyopez:
Yea, wike is from upland but Obio/Akpor lga of ikwerre clan.
Rivers is pure Igbo state now since Bayelsa was carved out. If it is for popular democracy,they rule for eternity but I want them to consider other minorities for peaceful existence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

At Last Fuel Scarcity Hits The South East / 3 Bomb Factories Discovered In Kano, Bomb Maker Arrested / Edo State Election: Peaceful Protests Continue In Benin City (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.