Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan (21174 Views)

Crowd At Port-Harcourt Airport To Welcome Wike From Abuja (Photos) / Court Restrains Wike From Sacking 23 Lg Councils In Rivers State / Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram, Northern Elders Tell Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by solaabujan(m): 12:16pm On Dec 30, 2014
ajibolabd:
They are confused, vote pdp out of our land, vote GMB, He's the future.
See fortune teller ..pray for the country not lament or praise parties !
Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by Brown419(m): 12:25pm On Dec 30, 2014
Wike for life
Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by Nobody: 12:37pm On Dec 30, 2014
The potent issue to discuss should be who validated the so called " elders in Rivers State " association . For all I care , any group of disgruntled elements can always come together at any given time to form a clique , even in some cases the assumed association could be made up of the propagator alone or him and immediate family .

As much as I do not hold brief for Wike , however , I stand bold to say that someone like Chief Albert Horsfall no longer have electoral value within his immediate environment not to talk of River State as a whole , therefore his threat cannot hold water . Power is never given rather it is always fought for . And to fight for power , one must be readily equipped for it in all ramifications . Action they say speaks louder than words .

4 Likes

Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by edgyslim: 12:55pm On Dec 30, 2014
idowuswap:
Igbos people are the most usueless tribe in this nation how can they claim agos to be no man s land are they mad even ojukwu self run commot for naija when war start

The above post translates to you going senile. What has this your re.tarded comment have to do with the topic.

Ediot.

1 Like

Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by kocin: 1:14pm On Dec 30, 2014
God should help us
Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by juianne95(f): 1:19pm On Dec 30, 2014
Raiders:
Is Wike not a Rivers man? I don't support Wike and wont vote for him but I think He has a right to contest for the election like any rivers man. Its time to stop playing tribal politics in Nigeria
..u know rivers has different ethnic groups,wike is an ikwerre man,amaechi is ikwerre,its time to let another ethnic group rule

1 Like

Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by gbodimowo(m): 2:15pm On Dec 30, 2014
Let him be he will not so win
Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by thaoriginator: 2:51pm On Dec 30, 2014
Dakuku peterside, I see yuh
Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by chardino(m): 3:41pm On Dec 30, 2014
Who D hell is this Albert Horsfall ?? He should be told that Wike has the cconstitutional right to contest any election in Nigeria. ......
Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by gabicon: 5:03pm On Dec 30, 2014
GEJ needs to provide the required leadership for the PDP as their national leader, the whole problem started from his endorsement as sole candidate, he should have rejected it after all he will have still won if they went on for a primarys now a few people have taken advantage of the situation.
Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by rhames(m): 5:41pm On Dec 30, 2014
omenka:
Well, though not from Rivers, but if you ask me, I'd say we should set aside such mundane sentiments as one's origin when it comes to selecting our leaders. What matters the most is character and I think Wike hasn't the character it takes to be a leader.

He's too thuggish and uncouth. I bet if PDP had presented a better candidate from thesame place as Wike, the resistance towards such a candidate wouldn't be as intense as that which Wike faces.

Am telling you.
Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by mbulela: 5:44pm On Dec 30, 2014
nairaman66:
The National PDP structure has been compromised internally and needs serious deliverance!

Fielding touts and political thugs can only cause the party more woes!
The problem is that the man has the state party structure in his back pockets. So there is little the national exco can do about it.
If they try it, he will move to Labour Party with his structure and still win.
It is the same thing with that drug baron that PDP is fielding for senatorial elections in Ogun State.
Where were the likes of Horsefall when Wike was arranging and collapsing the PDP state structure into his GDI?
Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by mbulela: 6:09pm On Dec 30, 2014
chidexy:
If a riverine man is elected as the governor of Rivers state, then it means an Ijaw man would occupy the presidency, Rivers and Bayelsa States and the deputy governorship of Delta state.

So you see the wisdom of the President in supporting Wike?
Is this the kind of stupid wisdom that GEJ possesses?
Did you actually process that thought before typing it?
If that was the case,why not find an ogoni man? Or is ogoni riverine?
Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by promzy043(m): 10:01pm On Dec 30, 2014
Use ur vote and remove wike if u dnt want him, APC mobilees.
Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by size38: 11:00pm On Dec 30, 2014
Wike, a man that couldn't achieve anything as Obio/Akpor LGA chairman for 8yrs. After 8yrs in office he handed power to his brother Timothy Nsirim. A minister of education that supervised the shutdown of all higher institutions of learning in Nigeria for 11 months which is one complete academic session. Well, I don't blame him. I blame our Riverine brothers and other ethnic groups in Rivers state. When Governor Amaechi was shouting and complaining, they never listened. All that was in their mind was GEJ's 2015 ambition. But today, the same GEJ has shown them the other side of him. Today, most of them abusing Amaechi then have all stopped apart from Wike, Jerry Nedam and Felix Obua who are all beneficiaries of the bad politics of GEJ and the PDP.

1 Like

Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by Dejohnbull: 11:15pm On Dec 30, 2014
size38:
Wike, a man that couldn't achieve anything as Obio/Akpor LGA chairman for 8yrs. After 8yrs in office he handed power to his brother Timothy Nsirim. A minister of education that supervised the shutdown of all higher institutions of learning in Nigeria for 11 months which is one complete academic session. Well, I don't blame him. I blame our Riverine brothers and other ethnic groups in Rivers state. When Governor Amaechi was shouting and complaining, they never listened. All that was in their mind was GEJ's 2015 ambition. But today, the same GEJ has shown them the other side of him. Today, most of them abusing Amaechi then have all stopped apart from Wike, Jerry Nedam and Felix Obua who are all beneficiaries of the bad politics of GEJ and the PDP.
silly apc looser's dog.
Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by ibiso1986: 1:47am On Dec 31, 2014
allcomage:

Rivers is pure Igbo state now since Bayelsa was carved out. If it is for popular democracy,they rule for eternity but I want them to consider other minorities for peaceful existence.
do u know the population of the kalabaris. Is it because they don't show themselves. Talkless of all the riverine tribes combined.. I presume u stay at Obio Akpor LGA and assume everybody in the state is from Ikwerri.
Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by HopeAtHand: 6:07am On Dec 31, 2014
juianne95:
..u know rivers has different ethnic groups,wike is an ikwerre man,amaechi is ikwerre,its time to let another ethnic group rule

Please excuse the topic, im not interested.

Your beauty caught my attention.
Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by nairaman66(m): 7:22am On Dec 31, 2014
mbulela:

The problem is that the man has the state party structure in his back pockets. So there is little the national exco can do about it.
If they try it, he will move to Labour Party with his structure and still win.
It is the same thing with that drug baron that PDP is fielding for senatorial elections in Ogun State.
Where were the likes of Horsefall when Wike was arranging and collapsing the PDP state structure into his GDI?

Apparently you have a point. I thought the national body's decisions should supersede the state? Wike brags too much maybe he ready knows he is not credible enough. Though he got considerable support power from the state structure, I believe it takes more than that to win the election!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

New Anti Corruption Group Today At Wuse, Abuja / Hijab: Rename Muslim, Christian Schools, MURIC Tells Kwara Govt / Ifeanyi Kalu: NAF Denies Air Force Vehicle Crushed Lagos Artist To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.