Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan (21150 Views)

Crowd At Port-Harcourt Airport To Welcome Wike From Abuja (Photos) / Court Restrains Wike From Sacking 23 Lg Councils In Rivers State / Grant Amnesty To Boko Haram, Northern Elders Tell Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by honey001(m): 7:57am On Dec 30, 2014
Ahead of the 2015 governorship election,
elders in Rivers State have issued a seven-day
ultimatum to the Peoples Democratic Party to
withdraw its governor candidate, Chief
Nyesom Wike, from the governorship race.
The elders also asked President Goodluck
Jonathan to prevail on Wike to step down as
the governorship candidate before or on
January 5, 2015, in his (Jonathan) own interest
and other persons’ interest.

Speaking on the platform of the Rivers
Leaders and Elders’ Council, they maintained
that it was necessary for the PDP and the
President to take such a step in order to avoid
losing the governorship election in the state.
Chairman of the council, Chief Albert Horsfall,
who issued this ultimatum in Port Harcourt
on Monday, warned that the people of the
state would vote for only the political party
that presented a riverine person as their
candidate should Wike fail to withdraw from
the governorship race.

Horsfall specifically told leaders and elders
from the various ethnic groups in the state to
vote for the ‘next bigger’ political party that
presented a riverine person as their flag
bearer.

The group had appealed to various political
parties in the state to field a riverine person
as their governorship candidate.

About 15 out of the 24 governorship aspirants
are believed to have entered an agreement
with the state PDP to support Wike’s
governorship aspiration.

Horsfall cautioned that the people of the state
would not be bought over with money or be
intimidated into succumbing to injustice and
slavery for the next 50 years as a result of the
failure of the state PDP to embrace zoning of
the governorship position in the state.

http://www.punchng.com/news/withdraw-wike-from-gov-race-elders-tell-pdp-jonathan/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by honey001(m): 7:58am On Dec 30, 2014
Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by Raiders: 8:10am On Dec 30, 2014
Is Wike not a Rivers man? I don't support Wike and wont vote for him but I think He has a right to contest for the election like any rivers man. Its time to stop playing tribal politics in Nigeria

19 Likes

Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by horpe132(m): 8:13am On Dec 30, 2014

....... Confussed Elders .........

11 Likes

Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by omenka(m): 8:16am On Dec 30, 2014
Well, though not from Rivers, but if you ask me, I'd say we should set aside such mundane sentiments as one's origin when it comes to selecting our leaders. What matters the most is character and I think Wike hasn't the character it takes to be a leader.

He's too thuggish and uncouth. I bet if PDP had presented a better candidate from thesame place as Wike, the resistance towards such a candidate wouldn't be as intense as that which Wike faces.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by Ezedon(m): 8:38am On Dec 30, 2014
They've been bribed by APC

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by Big4wig(m): 9:24am On Dec 30, 2014
Lol.. Wen Eva I hear d name wike I feel like dropping a joke

A blind guy visited his choir mistress @ her house to share a testimony and found her bathing. Since he was blind, she let him in. After bathing, she shaved everyevery in front of him and she tried 2 make conversation by asking him : Brother Iyke , what brings you here? is everything fine @ home? He replied: Yes, Very fine. I came to tell u that I have done the eye operation, so i can see now!

Wike Ko wifi ni

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 30, 2014
They are confused, vote pdp out of our land, vote GMB, He's the future.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 30, 2014
Buhari till 2019

Sai Buhari

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 30, 2014
.Confusion in the Political devils Party..
GMB till 2019

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 30, 2014
Nawa ooo. Today pdp gov aspirant, support wike, 2mao elders are angry wif him. Who is deceiving who

3 Likes

Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by jingh(f): 9:25am On Dec 30, 2014
he would Ve been a good choice if he is not too aligned with PEJ and GEJ

1 Like

Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by BossAyuk: 9:25am On Dec 30, 2014
Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by Misogynist2014(m): 9:25am On Dec 30, 2014
That semiliterate man can only thrive under PDP.

3 Likes

Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by EverestdeBliu(m): 9:26am On Dec 30, 2014
No!
Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by Nobody: 9:26am On Dec 30, 2014
Raiders:
Is Wike not a Rivers man? I don't support Wike and wont vote for him but I think He has a right to contest for the election like any rivers man. Its time to stop playing tribal politics in Nigeria
Rivers State has two zones: upland and riverine. Wike is from Ikwerre lga which is upland.

i stand to be corrected though.

5 Likes

Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by mistabiola: 9:26am On Dec 30, 2014
But why

Hmmm!!!! They want to test the patient of Patience Ebele Jonathan(one of our five president), she don endorse wike whether you like it or not cheesy grin

#Vote Buhari

#Vote Mistabiola

#Vote Change

7 Likes

Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by lawrencemleopo: 9:26am On Dec 30, 2014
too late but he can be stopped at the poll.

2 Likes

Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by nairaman66(m): 9:27am On Dec 30, 2014
The National PDP structure has been compromised internally and needs serious deliverance!

Fielding touts and political thugs can only cause the party more woes!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by Cutesexy1(f): 9:27am On Dec 30, 2014
seen
Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 30, 2014
. This is Super story....
GMB till 2019..

7 Likes

Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 30, 2014
Y don't u sh.t up till feb 2015 to do what ever u wish nd stop issuing silly ultimatum when u know d names has already been presented to inec....b4 I continue,when ws this ultimatum issued,of what need are we seeing this news on fp now? undecided

1 Like

Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by mosho2good: 9:29am On Dec 30, 2014
Who is wike is he a WWE wresling champion or a fOotballer

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by DDayve: 9:29am On Dec 30, 2014
honey001:
Ahead of the 2015 governorship election,
elders in Rivers State have issued a seven-day
ultimatum to the Peoples Democratic Party to
withdraw its governor candidate, Chief
Nyesom Wike, from the governorship race.
The elders also asked President Goodluck
Jonathan to prevail on Wike to step down as
the governorship candidate before or on
January 5, 2015, in his (Jonathan) own interest
and other persons’ interest.

Speaking on the platform of the Rivers
Leaders and Elders’ Council, they maintained
that it was necessary for the PDP and the
President to take such a step in order to avoid
losing the governorship election in the state.
Chairman of the council, Chief Albert Horsfall,
who issued this ultimatum in Port Harcourt
on Monday, warned that the people of the
state would vote for only the political party
that presented a riverine person as their
candidate should Wike fail to withdraw from
the governorship race.

Horsfall specifically told leaders and elders
from the various ethnic groups in the state to
vote for the ‘next bigger’ political party that
presented a riverine person as their flag
bearer.

The group had appealed to various political
parties in the state to field a riverine person
as their governorship candidate.

About 15 out of the 24 governorship aspirants
are believed to have entered an agreement
with the state PDP to support Wike’s
governorship aspiration.

Horsfall cautioned that the people of the state
would not be bought over with money or be
intimidated into succumbing to injustice and
slavery for the next 50 years as a result of the
failure of the state PDP to embrace zoning of
the governorship position in the state.

http://www.punchng.com/news/withdraw-wike-from-gov-race-elders-tell-pdp-jonathan/
Thr is notin wrong wit Wike....after all Tinubu performed in Lagos state N he is regarded as a tout
Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by eleko1: 9:29am On Dec 30, 2014
tongue lobatan.
Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by DickDastardly(m): 9:29am On Dec 30, 2014
Amechi paid bastardos angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by Nobody: 9:29am On Dec 30, 2014
Jonathan is not in the country now, so the elders should wait for him to come back and seek permission from patience since she's the one controlling the president.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by yahrant140(m): 9:29am On Dec 30, 2014
Wike till 2019!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by Nobody: 9:30am On Dec 30, 2014
Ok
Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by drey076(m): 9:30am On Dec 30, 2014
That is anoda potential APC state

Sai buhariiiiiiiiiiii

8 Likes

Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by idowuswap: 9:30am On Dec 30, 2014
Igbos people are the most usueless tribe in this nation how can they claim agos to be no man s land are they mad even ojukwu self run commot for naija when war start

1 Like

Re: Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan by clevvermind(m): 9:31am On Dec 30, 2014
ajibolabd:
They are confused, vote pdp out of our land, vote GMB, He's the future.
please, he is not the future.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

House Of Reps Move To Ban Hiace Buses Over Bayelsa Auto Crash / Akeredolu Reacts To Reported Plot To Impeach Deputy, Agboola / 2023: Mohammed Sanusi Clarifies Reports About Endorsing Any Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.