Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,941 members, 7,821,296 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? (6165 Views)

Pictures: Were Kobe Bryant And Lebron James Laughing At Nigerian Basketballers? / Interested in playing abroad? (footballers & basketballers) / Identify Urselves Here Naija Basketballers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by herald9: 11:48am On Dec 30, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

Lol I once saw a girl who was 6ft5,Big, sexy and beautiful,she was very strong and aggressive Plus very fast, her problem then was controlling her speed.... she once hit the basketball rims poll with full speed and force it broke lol... everyone was always scared of blocking her when she was going for lay-ups......if you try am you fit brake bone lol

grin
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by herald9: 11:58am On Dec 30, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

I play NBA 2k14 well and Fifa too lol

Lolz... the only sport game I've here is FIFA and PES...
Though I'm tall,I do well at football than basketball...Maybe if I take up a tutorial, I might do well at BB too.
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by JeffreyJamez(m): 12:09pm On Dec 30, 2014
herald9:

Lolz... the only sport game I've here is FIFA and PES...
Though I'm tall,I do well at football than basketball...Maybe if I take up a tutorial, I might do well at BB too.

Maybe... lol
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by AfricanApple(f): 12:13pm On Dec 30, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

This is called Slam dunking [img]http://noontimesports.files./2010/02/natedunk.jpg[/img]

It's an aggresive way of putting the ball in the net at very close range....

Yes there are different court sizes.. The one for Amateurs,then Standard one...and then NBA standard.
that means holding the rim after shooting is part of dunking?

mehn guys are trying o, I can't even jump half way up
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by JeffreyJamez(m): 12:17pm On Dec 30, 2014
AfricanApple:
that means holding the rim after shooting is part of dunking?

mehn guys are trying o, I can't even jump half way up

Yup...lol....that's why I said players with great jump.
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by AfricanApple(f): 12:20pm On Dec 30, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

Lol I once saw a girl who was 6ft5,Big, sexy and beautiful,she was very strong and aggressive Plus very fast, her problem then was controlling her speed.... she once hit the basketball rims poll with full speed and force it broke lol... everyone was always scared of blocking her when she was going for lay-ups......if you try am you fit brake bone lol
grin grin lmao, I thought that stuff can never break, jeez! she has weight o.
there was a not too serious match we went for 2days before Xmas, there was this tall and a fat girl among the opponents, she looked huge whenever this girl hit me I would feel it, I don't like going too close to her cos I don't wanna cry home to mami grin and that was my first match but I know such people can't scare me again as building up
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by JeffreyJamez(m): 12:22pm On Dec 30, 2014
AfricanApple:
grin grin lmao, I thought that stuff can never break, jeez! she has weight o.
there was a not too serious match we went for 2days before Xmas, there was this tall and a fat girl among the opponents, she looked huge whenever this girl hit me I would feel it, I don't like going too close to her cos I don't wanna cry home to mami grin and that was my first match but I know such people can't scare me again as building up

Lol Which team are you training with?
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by AfricanApple(f): 12:32pm On Dec 30, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

Lol Which team are you training with?
FCT Rocks. though I'm not a full member yet
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by JeffreyJamez(m): 12:36pm On Dec 30, 2014
AfricanApple:
FCT Rocks. though I'm not a full member yet

Still on trial?
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by AfricanApple(f): 12:58pm On Dec 30, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

Still on trial?
no ooo, to register is almost 50k, I don't want to just pay such amount of money whereby I won't be going for match. I want to pay when I can start getting the money back, besides school is also hindering me from participating fully
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by AfricanApple(f): 12:59pm On Dec 30, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

Yup...lol....that's why I said players with great jump.
what about this backward shooting, what is it called?
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by JeffreyJamez(m): 1:29pm On Dec 30, 2014
AfricanApple:
no ooo, to register is almost 50k, I don't want to just pay such amount of money whereby I won't be going for match. I want to pay when I can start getting the money back, besides school is also hindering me from participating fully

If your Club is a good one,they can make provision for school..... the one my Dad used to coach were known as Dolphins, ever heard of them?
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by JeffreyJamez(m): 1:29pm On Dec 30, 2014
AfricanApple:
what about this backward shooting, what is it called?

Backward shooting?!. Describe it.
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by AfricanApple(f): 1:34pm On Dec 30, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

If your Club is a good one,they can make provision for school..... the one my Dad used to coach were known as Dolphins, ever heard of them?
its a good club but I don't think the coach has time for school tinz, though its not only one coach, I guess someone has to appeal for such
and again in my school they don't play basketball, everyone is running after football
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by AfricanApple(f): 1:36pm On Dec 30, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

Backward shooting?!. Describe it.
its just like dunking but you are backing the rim and your hands shot to the back to shoot
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by JeffreyJamez(m): 2:25pm On Dec 30, 2014
AfricanApple:
its just like dunking but you are backing the rim and your hands shot to the back to shoot

All those ones are just effizzy na lol
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by JeffreyJamez(m): 2:25pm On Dec 30, 2014
AfricanApple:
its a good club but I don't think the coach has time for school tinz, though its not only one coach, I guess someone has to appeal for such
and again in my school they don't play basketball, everyone is running after football

Hmm OK....so what position do you play?
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 30, 2014
@AfricanApple, my crush of life, why the sudden interest in basketball? I was forced to play this game as a Human Kinetics student back in the institute. I must confess that I sucked at it. But I am good at badminton and taekwando (if you wanna learn those, I would gladly be there to help).

1 Like

Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by dre11(m): 6:07pm On Dec 30, 2014
Africanapple have open a thread for basketball practices

Hehehehehe

Go and watch NBA matches and u will learn more than enough.......
That's where I do learn the skill and art of basketball
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by AfricanApple(f): 6:25pm On Dec 30, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

Hmm OK....so what position do you play?
do you mean the number of Jersey?

you asked if I ever hears of Dolphins, no I haven't
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by AfricanApple(f): 6:26pm On Dec 30, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

All those ones are just effizzy na lol
really? lolzzz
that means once I can dunk I will be good at that. do you know a way I can build my jump ability?
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by AfricanApple(f): 6:31pm On Dec 30, 2014
hifaif:
@AfricanApple, my crush of life, why the sudden interest in basketball? I was forced to play this game as a Human Kinetics student back in the institute. I must confess that I sucked at it. But I am good at badminton and taekwando (if you wanna learn those, I would gladly be there to help).
lolzzzzz,
the interest is not just sudden, basketball has always been my favourite sport.
its good you realize that you are not good at it instead of forcing yourself.

badminton can be boring to me watching it talk more of playing it. never heard of taekwando, tell me about it
the two other sports I love so very much are volleyball and handball, I guess you will be wondering why I like all sports played with hands. lol

1 Like

Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by AfricanApple(f): 6:35pm On Dec 30, 2014
dre11:
Africanapple have open a thread for basketball practices

Hehehehehe

Go and watch NBA matches and u will learn more than enough.......
That's where I do learn the skill and art of basketball
hehehe, what do you suppose?

that's true but I need to learn the theories, seeing what Jeffrey has been explaining to me since, I can't learn those by watching alone

so you play basketball too? or you use to?
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by dre11(m): 7:15pm On Dec 30, 2014
AfricanApple:
hehehe, what do you suppose?

that's true but I need to learn the theories, seeing what Jeffrey has been explaining to me since, I can't learn those by watching alone

so you play basketball too? or you use to?

I used to

But not on a bigger scale
But, I watch it like football, lawn tennis and swimming
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by JeffreyJamez(m): 7:17pm On Dec 30, 2014
AfricanApple:
really? lolzzz
that means once I can dunk I will be good at that. do you know a way I can build my jump ability?

Build your stamina first......

AfricanApple:
do you mean the number of Jersey?
you asked if I ever hears of Dolphins, no I haven't

I meant like,Guard or Forward........ does your team play in the national league?
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 30, 2014
AfricanApple:
lolzzzzz,
the interest is not just sudden, basketball has always been my favourite sport.
its good you realize that you are not good at it instead of forcing yourself.

badminton can be boring to me watching it talk more of playing it. never heard of taekwando, tell me about it
the two other sports I love so very much are volleyball and handball, I guess you will be wondering why I like all sports played with hands. lol

Taekwando is a combat sport. It is a martial art. Right through college, I hated all ball sports except football. I was an excellent footballer. Skillful like Jay Jay. grin.

1 Like

Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by AfricanApple(f): 11:31pm On Dec 30, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

Build your stamina first......

I meant like,Guard or Forward........ does your team play in the national league?
alright.

I think so but I can't say the history of their matches cos i'm still new but I've heard how their memebers are usually given scholarship abroad, so that means they must be playing national league

is there any sport you play now?

about the team I train with, its FCT Angels not fact rocks
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by AfricanApple(f): 12:13am On Dec 31, 2014
hifaif:

Taekwando is a combat sport. It is a martial art. Right through college, I hated all ball sports except football. I was an excellent footballer. Skillful like Jay Jay. grin.
ahaha, for your mind
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by JeffreyJamez(m): 2:58am On Dec 31, 2014
AfricanApple:
alright.

I think so but I can't say the history of their matches cos i'm still new but I've heard how their memebers are usually given scholarship abroad, so that means they must be playing national league

is there any sport you play now?

about the team I train with, its FCT Angels not fact rocks

Nah.... I don't play sports unless on video games..... FCT Angels...
OK that's cool.
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by iamord(m): 7:18am On Dec 31, 2014
AfricanApple:
every theoretical aspect of basketball
do u want to go professional in it as a Degree too?
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by Nobody: 7:33am On Dec 31, 2014
AfricanApple:
ahaha, for your mind

I was good o. I never made the first eleven because I was always too selfish. I could dribble for minutes until I lose the ball or someone brings me down. That is how I got my nickname (hiffy aka hifaif or hi5). My shirt number was 5 and my coach always said I played like somebody that was high on drugs.

1 Like

Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by AfricanApple(f): 9:32am On Dec 31, 2014
iamord:
do u want to go professional in it as a Degree too?
I wanna go professional but not as a degree.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

. / Dele Alampasu, The Nigerian Under-17 Golden Keeper Was A Pure-water Seller / Nigeria Wins Bronze At U21 Beach Volleyball Championship In Cairo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.