Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,548 members, 7,823,404 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

Biafra: Was Gowon Clueless? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Was Gowon Clueless? (12584 Views)

Old Maps Show Biafra Was Actually In Cameroon And Never Part Of Nigeria / “the Issues Of Biafra Was Settled In 1970″ – ACF Blasts Ndigbo Leaders / Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra: Was Gowon Clueless? by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 31, 2014
One of the reasons Jonathan has been called names is the issue of Boko Haram Insurgency.

Many are opposed to him because according to him, he has failed to protect the lives of Nigerians.

Yet, under Gowon and for more than 3 years, Nigerians died!

I have checked the history, there was never a time anyone called for Gowon's head, rather it was Ojukwu that Nigerians blamed and still blame.

I am wondering why Jonathan is blamed today and not Shekau.

Nigerian rallied round to defeat Biafra, but today they refuse to rally round to defeat Boko haram.

Nigerian soldiers sabotage and betray their colleagues because they have sympathy for Boko Haram, yet all the history, Nigerian soldiers never betrayed their colleagues in favour of Biafra.

For Boko Haram attacks and killing of women and children, we blame Jonathan, but the Nigeian state bombed, maimed and staved womenand children i Boafra, Gowon was not blamed.

There is nothing the police can do to stop a woman who decided to feed her husband with rat poison!
There is nothing the police can do to stop a suicide bomber.
There is nothing your dad can do if one of your brothers decide to bring in armed robbers to your home!

Boko Haram are Nigerians who decided to take up arms against Nigeria.

Nigeria is at war! Government is fighting that war.

Nigerians are just hypocrites.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Biafra: Was Gowon Clueless? by tobtap: 11:13am On Dec 31, 2014
ojukwu was the rebel and he declared a part of nigeria territory independent without the national govt approval....so gowon was right in fighting for the unity of nigeria which unfortunately led to innocent deaths on all sides

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Was Gowon Clueless? by sCun: 11:18am On Dec 31, 2014
tobtap:
ojukwu was the rebel and he declared a part of nigeria territory independent without the national govt approval....so gowon was right in fighting for the unity of nigeria which unfortunately led to innocent deaths on all sides
So you have no problem if everyone in Gwoza, Damboa etc gets killed and starved because Shekau declared the place an Islamic caliphate?

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Was Gowon Clueless? by SOUNDKING: 11:18am On Dec 31, 2014
Evry thng hapen 4 a reason and jst 4 a while.
Re: Biafra: Was Gowon Clueless? by Qelvin(m): 11:27am On Dec 31, 2014
tobtap:
the saddest part of this whole balderdash you just spewed is that it is the crap you will feed to your kids if on a cool evening family bonding session they came to you to ask for the immediate causes of the Nigerian civil war; when you are just as uninformed as the typical Nigerian zealot of lies door who lacks basic knowledge about the existential facts on the war besides what he heard from the polluted archives of Nigerian history...so in your warped thinking the Federal government did not know all along that the Easterners were clamouring for secession following the pogroms in the North? or were the same Federal delegates led by Gowon on sleeping pills during the Aburi accord that Gowon later reneged on after agreeing to Ojukwu's proposal for regional concentration of power...

20 Likes

Re: Biafra: Was Gowon Clueless? by tobtap: 11:32am On Dec 31, 2014
Qelvin:

the saddest part of this whole brain drained balderdash you just spewed is that it is the crap will feed to your kids if on a cool evening family session they came to you to ask for the immediate causes of the war...so in your warped thinking the Federal government did not know all along that the Easterners were clamouring for secession following the pogroms in the North? or were the same Federal delegates led by Gowon on sleeping pills during the Aburi accord that Gowon later reneged on after agreeing to Ojukwu's proposal for regional concentration of power...
i wont go into insults like u,but as far as i know,ojukwu was wrong.u dont just declare a session of the nation independent like that and expect the central govt not to act and defend it territory...ojukwu caused the death of millions during the war due to his personal ambition

5 Likes

Re: Biafra: Was Gowon Clueless? by Nobody: 11:33am On Dec 31, 2014
Good to know that Noblezone didn't blame Buhari for the killing of Ndi Igbo during the biafran war this time around.

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: Was Gowon Clueless? by sCun: 11:35am On Dec 31, 2014
tobtap:

i wont go into insults like u,but as far as i know,ojukwu was wrong.u dont just declare a session of the nation independent like that and expect the central govt not to act and defend it territory...ojukwu caused the death of millions during the war due to his personal ambition
So why is Jonathan being blamed now and not Shekau?

9 Likes

Re: Biafra: Was Gowon Clueless? by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 31, 2014
Gowon has remained clueless. He killed for one Nigeria, but Plateau villages have been decimated for the same one nigeria and Gowon was looking like fish head.

GEJ seriously hammered boko haram but some Nigerians joined the oyibos in accusing him of human right violations. As if the victims of boko do not have human rights.

The same Hausa Muslims who pretend to love one nigeria are deserting the army by the droves in order to join Islamic rebels. Then they turn round and blame GEJ.

We see through the charade and are.not deceived. GEJ till 2019

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Was Gowon Clueless? by tobtap: 11:38am On Dec 31, 2014
sCun:

So why is Jonathan being blamed now and not Shekau?
shekau is not the president of nigeria....jonathan is the president so the blame goes to him

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Was Gowon Clueless? by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 31, 2014
tobtap:

So forming a nation is now by force

I hope you won't feel bad when I force your daughter to marry me.?

5 Likes

Re: Biafra: Was Gowon Clueless? by sCun: 11:39am On Dec 31, 2014
tobtap:

shekau is not the president of nigeria....jonathan is the president so the blame goes to him
Was Ojukwu the President of Nigeria?

17 Likes

Re: Biafra: Was Gowon Clueless? by Descartes: 11:41am On Dec 31, 2014
He is an Awo puppet who could not recite the National Anthem during his inauguration as the Head of State after the bloody coup in 1966 angry
In fact he is more clueless as one could ever imagined

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Was Gowon Clueless? by tobtap: 11:42am On Dec 31, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

So forming a nation is now by force

I hope you won't feel bad when I force your daughter to marry me.?
there are ways to leave a union....if am right, to leave a union both sides must agree and then go thru the legal way as agreed....i will still repeat what i said earlier that ojukwu rushed into the decision to declare a section of a country independent.
Re: Biafra: Was Gowon Clueless? by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 31, 2014
tobtap:

Your comment has not answered my question!

I am not even arguing whether Ojukwu was right or wrong!

Let us for the sake of arguement, say that, Ojukwu rebelled against Nigeria, the same way Shekau is rebelling against Nigeria!

Nigerians came together to crush Ojukwu, Gowon was not called clueless, neither was he sabotaged. Nigerians rallied round Gowon to fight Ojukwu!

My question is this, why has Nigerians instead rallying round Jonathan to fight Shekau are rather calling for Jonathan's head?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Was Gowon Clueless? by Nobody: 11:59am On Dec 31, 2014
berem:
Good to know that Noblezone didn't blame Buhari for the killing of Ndi Igbo during the biafran war this time around.

My sis, as much as Buhari was among the Nigerian soldiers who shed innocent blood in Biafra, he is not an issue in this thread!

You disappoint me with your obssesion about such a tyrant, but that is by the way!

My question is this, Biafrans were being killed all over Nigeria as a revenge over an "Igbo Coup". They ran home, negotiated a peace deal with Nigeria, Gowon broke the deal, Biafra declared Indepence and Nigeria attacked her.

Innocent blood was shed, yet Nigerians supported Gowon, they never called him clueless!

My qustion is this, Shekau has declared an Islamic State, he is killing the innocent in order to achieve his Islamic state! Why are Nigerians blaming Jonathan instead of supporting him to fight Shekua?

15 Likes

Re: Biafra: Was Gowon Clueless? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 31, 2014
tobtap:

Ojukwu was not the Head of state, Gowon was! So why was Ojukwu blamed and not Gowon?

10 Likes

Re: Biafra: Was Gowon Clueless? by tobtap: 12:04pm On Dec 31, 2014
noblezone:

Let us for the sake of arguement, say that, Ojukwu rebelled against Nigeria, the same way Shekau is rebelling against Nigeria!

Nigerians came together to crush Ojukwu, Gowon was not called clueless, neither was he sabotaged. Nigerians rallied round Gowon to fight Ojukwu!

My question is this, why has Nigerians instead rallying round Jonathan to fight Shekau are rather calling for Jonathan's head?
i get your point,i think nigerians are behind jonathan,but people dont trust him as a capable c in c because of the way he has been handling the issue of bokoharam and the way he handled the chibok girls matter.that is my opinion...nigerians just want someone bullish about the security of nigeria.
Re: Biafra: Was Gowon Clueless? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 31, 2014
noblezone:

Thanks for raising this question.
This issue strikes at the basis of the meaning of one Nigeria.
It remains a question that hausas and Yoruba and all other tribes that fought for.one Nigeria continues to evade

5 Likes

Re: Biafra: Was Gowon Clueless? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Dec 31, 2014
tobtap:

And who is causing the deaths now? Shekau or Jonathan?

For Biafram genocide by Nigerian Government, you blame Ojukwu! For suicide bombing by Shakau and his Islamic warriors, you blame Jonathan!

That is my question bro, how come that Nigerians came together and fought Ojukwu but now, they desert Jonathan and call him names over Shekau?

Gowon was the head of state during the Ojukwu rebellion, you support Gowon and blame Ojukwu!

Jonathan is the head of state during this Shekau rebellion, you leave Shekau and blame Jonathan!

My question is simple, WHY?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Was Gowon Clueless? by sCun: 12:16pm On Dec 31, 2014
tobtap:

i get your point,i think nigerians are behind jonathan,but people dont trust him as a capable c in c because of the way he has been handling the issue of bokoharam and the way he handled the chibok girls matter.that is my opinion...nigerians just want someone bullish about the security of nigeria.
Should he handle it the Gowon way? I mean kill and rape thousands like the Chibok girls, bombard residential areas in the north, starve and kill women and children and supervise the death of 3 million Northerners at the end?

15 Likes

Re: Biafra: Was Gowon Clueless? by Descartes: 12:18pm On Dec 31, 2014
sCun:

Should he handle it the Gowon way? I mean kill and rape thousands like the Chibok girls, bombard residential areas in the north, starve and kill women and children and supervise the death of 3 million Northerners at the end?
Good question cool

7 Likes

Re: Biafra: Was Gowon Clueless? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 31, 2014
tobtap:

Jonathan has been under attack ever since he took over as the President. Senoir citizens, politicians, opinion leaders have been working hard to discredit him.

By the way, how is he handling it? He called for cease fire and offered amnesty, they called him names.

He declared state of emergency, they called him names.

For killing 8oko haram members, people like Buhari opposed him. They said he declared war agaist the north.

He has not even adapted Gowon's method of "shooting everything at sight", yet he is already accused of genocide!

He is tackled, left, right and centre!

Who is deceiving who?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Was Gowon Clueless? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Dec 31, 2014
quid:

Thanks for raising this question.
This issue strikes at the basis of the meaning of one Nigeria.
It remains a question that hausas and Yoruba and all other tribes that fought for.one Nigeria continues to evade
That is the hypocrisy I want to to see!

If Jonathan were to be a Northerner, they would not be tackling him this way and sabotaging his efforts to fight Boko Haram!

In Biafra, wasting innocent lives just to defeat Ojukwu was just okay, but in this case, a mere declaration of State Of Emergency was described as "war against the north"!

Nigerians should tell us why. My generation is questioning the status quo!
It is either we negotiate Nigeria or we go our seperate ways!

Enough of these games

12 Likes

Re: Biafra: Was Gowon Clueless? by kettykin: 12:32pm On Dec 31, 2014
among the notable blunders committed by the government and responsible for the backwardness of the Nigeria today include'

1. Reneging on the international agreement made in Ghana , Aburi Accord
2. Resorting to using starvation , sabotage of farm land despite the support of 2 great super powers , flow of unlimited ammunition which confirmed to the world that if in the event of neutrality Biafra would have finished Nigeria.
3. Triple promotions granted to soldiers from certain parts of the country which wrecked the order and hierarchy in a supposed disciplined institution like the military .
4. Balkanisation northern and south west into nonviable glorified local government Area called states like ekiti, osun , yobe, jigawa.
5. total dependence of the north and south west on the niger delta oil

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Was Gowon Clueless? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Dec 31, 2014
Op if GEJ was the president then, Ojukwu might have conquered the whole of Nigerian and made GEJ his house boy.

When we talk about Gowan and Ojukwu, we are talking of MEN, not boys like GEJ.

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: Was Gowon Clueless? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Dec 31, 2014
dcaliph:
Op if GEJ was the president then, Ojukwu might have conquered the whole of Nigerian and made GEJ his house boy.

When we talk about Gowan and Ojukwu, we are talking of MEN, not boys like GEJ.

there is a point you are missing! What made Gowon a "man" was the willingness by Nigerians to defeat Ojukwu! The innocent lives lost was blamed on Ojukwu!

The reverse is the case here! Rather than suport Jonathan, he is being tackled and sabotaged!

When you say, Gowon is a man and Jonathan a boy, please what exactly do you?

6 Likes

Re: Biafra: Was Gowon Clueless? by elopee3000(m): 12:50pm On Dec 31, 2014
sCun:

may oluwa bless u for this question

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Was Gowon Clueless? by bakynes(m): 12:51pm On Dec 31, 2014
Mr noblezone don't blame anyone but your kins men who killed all d leaders of other regions and left their own. Zik was there they didn't kill him but they killed Akintola, Ahmadu bello and Tafabalewa. Ironsi would have made things right if he had executed the igbo junior officers who who killed the other regions leaders bt what did he do he installed a Federal Military Government and made himself the head of state and left the igbo junior officers unpunished.

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: Was Gowon Clueless? by meccuno: 12:57pm On Dec 31, 2014
Imagine if boko haram was from the SE. And the head of state were to be a Northerner. Am sure you know what would have happened......

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Was Gowon Clueless? by meccuno: 1:01pm On Dec 31, 2014
bakynes:
Mr noblezone don't blame anyone but your kins men who killed all d leaders of other regions and left their own. Zik was there they didn't kill him but they killed Akintola, Ahmadu bello and Tafabalewa. Ironsi would have made things right if he had executed the igbo junior officers who who killed the other regions leaders bt what did he do he installed a Federal Military Government and made himself the head of state and left the igbo junior officers unpunished.
the funny thing about the coup was that there were both yoruba and hausa in the coup....but for some reasons unknown to us,it was labelled an igbo coup....

8 Likes

Re: Biafra: Was Gowon Clueless? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 31, 2014
noblezone sentiments aside, there is no bases for comparing GEJ vrs Shekarau and Gowan vrs Ojukwu.

I would repeat my self again Gowan vrs Ojukwu was a fight between to MEN.

GEJ vrs shekarau is a fight between a boy and a small man.

Just imagime Ojukwu vrs GEJ or Ojukwu vrs shekarau and also Gowan vrs GEJ or Gowan vrs Shekarau.

noblezone ibos rally around Ojukwu because he was a strong man, and the rest of nigerians rally around Gowan because he was a strong mam.

PEOPLE RALLY AROUND THE STRONG NOT THE WEAK, THAT IS WHY THE LION IS THE KING OF THE JUNGLE. GOWAN AND OJUKWU ARE LIONS, DON‘T COMPARE THEM TO THE BOY.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Bad Experience During Voter's Card Registration In Abuja / "Thousands Will Be Employed In Oil And Gas Sector" - APC Promises / Ugwuanyi Inaugurates Upgraded Poly, Udi General Hospitals Amid Excitement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.