Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,810 members, 7,824,372 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

'Forget Sex, Keep Your Virginity Till Marriage' - Singer Jodie Tells Nigerians - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 'Forget Sex, Keep Your Virginity Till Marriage' - Singer Jodie Tells Nigerians (24765 Views)

Olayode Juliana Vows To Remain A Virgin Till Marriage / David Nnaji And Jodie Welcome Baby Boy (photos) / Jodie Who Frowns At Premarital Sex Is Pregnant Before Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Forget Sex, Keep Your Virginity Till Marriage' - Singer Jodie Tells Nigerians by lalasticlala(m): 3:35pm On Dec 31, 2014
Keep your privates to yourself and wedded partner – Singer Jodie speaks on virginity

Nigerian singer Jodie, who rocked the waves with her ‘Kuchi kuchi’ song once revealed she doesn’t believe in sex before marriage.

In a new interview with Ynaija, the singer re-affirmed her position on sex and virginity, saying :

“The question of sex and virginity is a private one…there are many people out there who don’t know who they are or where they are going. Forget the media hype and paparazzi: if people would truthfully bare their inner thoughts, no one wants to stay with someone who is “the national cake”.

Keep your privates to yourself and your wedded partner. Forget all that “new age” or “modern” talk on sex and virginity. It may look “cool” to be a sexually loose person on television or magazines, but in real life, people actually respect those who have self control. If the whole world says virginity is archaic, would you want your daughter/son to “go with the flow”

Delving on to how she sees the Nigerian music industry, she said “I think it’s a bit too clone-like: most people are singing about the same things or using the same beats – as long as everyone is dancing. Although there is a huge growth (business-wise) there is almost no individuality and creativity. If money is the only goal, then that is not a bad thing; but if there are other reasons for music (and I believe there are), then award-giving institutions should reevaluate and reset their goals and actions.
Not everyone can continue singing “sensible” and “creative” music if, at the end of the day, the ones who do the very opposite are greatly rewarded financially and otherwise. I cannot count how many times I’ve heard Nigerians, public figures and people whose opinions are widely respected say, “Nigerian artistes sing meaningless songs.” I’ve heard such on radio, television and even read write-ups about it on social media; but when it comes to reward, almost no one wants to recognize or reward the very few who render quality. It means that artistes are rewarded for doing the things that people claim shouldn’t be done.

“It takes an inner compass or a peculiar goal to continue on the quality lane even though you most likely will not be rewarded in cash or through fame. There are some meaningful songs out there, but I’m sure we know which type tops the charts”, she said.

http://dailypost.ng/2014/12/29/keep-privates-wedded-partner-singer-jodie-speaks-virginity/

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'Forget Sex, Keep Your Virginity Till Marriage' - Singer Jodie Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 31, 2014
.If u like keep virginity ,if you like don't keep Virginity,if your partner would respect and love, he/she will not minding ur virginity....

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Forget Sex, Keep Your Virginity Till Marriage' - Singer Jodie Tells Nigerians by herald9: 3:38pm On Dec 31, 2014
Lolz
Na today?

You better focus on your music and leave people's lifestyle...
We've heard this before...Just like a church sermon.

19 Likes

Re: 'Forget Sex, Keep Your Virginity Till Marriage' - Singer Jodie Tells Nigerians by singlefade25(f): 3:39pm On Dec 31, 2014
hmmmmm

1 Like

Re: 'Forget Sex, Keep Your Virginity Till Marriage' - Singer Jodie Tells Nigerians by Bosville(m): 3:43pm On Dec 31, 2014
story for the gods,,,,,,,,,gone are dos days.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Forget Sex, Keep Your Virginity Till Marriage' - Singer Jodie Tells Nigerians by freshness2020: 3:44pm On Dec 31, 2014
O.k ma!
Re: 'Forget Sex, Keep Your Virginity Till Marriage' - Singer Jodie Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 31, 2014
tell them o angry all these girls of nowadays! the thing go dey shuk them, instead make them plead blood of Jesus, them go go do am embarassed
keep ur virginity and be glad u did!

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Forget Sex, Keep Your Virginity Till Marriage' - Singer Jodie Tells Nigerians by nedu2000(m): 3:51pm On Dec 31, 2014
good advice but miss kushi's dressing is kinda SEXy

2 Likes

Re: 'Forget Sex, Keep Your Virginity Till Marriage' - Singer Jodie Tells Nigerians by ilotriouzAY(m): 3:53pm On Dec 31, 2014
Gud advice bt frm d wrong person

By the way,is it only gals dat sud keep dere virginity

Anyway,jodie thank you...kuchikuchi was nice bt u can do beta

3 Likes

Re: 'Forget Sex, Keep Your Virginity Till Marriage' - Singer Jodie Tells Nigerians by alberto2k(m): 3:58pm On Dec 31, 2014
Issokay...
I must Kuchi kuchi b4 marriage to see how d tin be

2 Likes

Re: 'Forget Sex, Keep Your Virginity Till Marriage' - Singer Jodie Tells Nigerians by Lilamartedi(f): 3:59pm On Dec 31, 2014
We are still waiting for another single or has she turned to a counselor?

She should leave people and their virginity and concentrate on her career

10 Likes

Re: 'Forget Sex, Keep Your Virginity Till Marriage' - Singer Jodie Tells Nigerians by LesbianBoy(m): 4:01pm On Dec 31, 2014
*Yawns*....is she a virgin?

3 Likes

Re: 'Forget Sex, Keep Your Virginity Till Marriage' - Singer Jodie Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 31, 2014
Help me tell them abeg.

1 Like

Re: 'Forget Sex, Keep Your Virginity Till Marriage' - Singer Jodie Tells Nigerians by rayopt(m): 4:14pm On Dec 31, 2014
all na still lack of opportunity o jaare........

1 Like

Re: 'Forget Sex, Keep Your Virginity Till Marriage' - Singer Jodie Tells Nigerians by LadyH(f): 4:19pm On Dec 31, 2014
^^U know say na lie.

He who has ears...

BTW, Thank You Jesus! Im about to see 2015!! grin
MODIFIED
I don c am. 2015 go BAM!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Forget Sex, Keep Your Virginity Till Marriage' - Singer Jodie Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 31, 2014
Inasmuch as I agree with her, I'm still damn sure it's a "hypocritical saying" from her.

Anyways, it's none of my business......

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Forget Sex, Keep Your Virginity Till Marriage' - Singer Jodie Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 31, 2014
rayopt:
all na still lack of opportunity o jaare........
This statement is always from guys.

Why are guys always the mouthpiece of ladies? Smh

That you hang out with LOOSE girls who can't withstand luring, doesn't mean others, can't.

16 Likes

Re: 'Forget Sex, Keep Your Virginity Till Marriage' - Singer Jodie Tells Nigerians by blesseddivah(f): 5:43pm On Dec 31, 2014
#seen
Re: 'Forget Sex, Keep Your Virginity Till Marriage' - Singer Jodie Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 31, 2014
MEHN!! cheesy THREADS MAKE FT WITH TREMENDOUS ACCELERATION AND ALARCRITY TODAY shocked shocked
Re: 'Forget Sex, Keep Your Virginity Till Marriage' - Singer Jodie Tells Nigerians by Kenneth205(m): 5:43pm On Dec 31, 2014
Story for d gods...
Re: 'Forget Sex, Keep Your Virginity Till Marriage' - Singer Jodie Tells Nigerians by dhamstar(m): 5:43pm On Dec 31, 2014
Can't expect anything less on what she'd said....She has seen it all....Experience is the best teacher!

#myvirginitymybridepride

6 Likes

Re: 'Forget Sex, Keep Your Virginity Till Marriage' - Singer Jodie Tells Nigerians by NewsINigeria(m): 5:43pm On Dec 31, 2014
ok

BIBLICAL JOURNEY: Our FAMOUS journey began at
Genesis through Exodus. On the way, we saw
Leviticus recording the Numbers of people at
Deuteronomy, while Joshua was waiting at the
beautiful gate for Judges to see Ruth calling loudly
“Samuel, Samuel”. At a stage, the first and second
Kings of Chronicles were coming to visit Ezra,
Nehemiah and Esther for the misfortune of Job,
their brother.
Then they noticed that Mr. Psalms was teaching his
children Proverbs concerning Ecclesiastics and
Songs of Solomon. This coincided with the period
that Isaiah and Jeremiah were engaged in
Lamentation for Ezekiel and Daniel their friend. By
that time, Amos and Obadiah were not around.
Three days later, Hosea, Joel and Jonah traveld in
the same ship with Micah and Nahum to Jerusalem.
Moreover, Habakkuk visited Zephaniah who
introduced him to Haggai a friend of Zechariah
whose cousin is Malachi. Immediately after the old
tradition, Matthew, mark, luke and john got
involved in Acts with the Romans who were
behaving like the Corinthians, who were also always
at Loggerhead with the Galatians. At that time too,
Ephesians realize that the Philippians were close to
the Colossians, suggested to the Thessalonians that
they should first of all see Timothy who had gone to
the house of Titus to teach Philemon his younger
brother how to read and write Hebrew.
On hearing this, James asked Peter to explain to
him how the three Johns have disclosed to Jude the
Revelation of OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST…..
As you read this, this evening, May God bless you
and your family, remove from you failures and sorrows in Jesus name Amen. Any
exam you are going to write will be all success in JESUS Name.
Happy New Year in less than 7 hours.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'Forget Sex, Keep Your Virginity Till Marriage' - Singer Jodie Tells Nigerians by Nmeri17: 5:43pm On Dec 31, 2014
virgins be like
"sex is overrated. do not taste it embarassed"

i challenge u to taste it just ONCE and yo testimony will change to sex is underrated cheesy

3 Likes

Re: 'Forget Sex, Keep Your Virginity Till Marriage' - Singer Jodie Tells Nigerians by jingh(f): 5:44pm On Dec 31, 2014
Its a good post.
But Jodie ! are you also a........
Re: 'Forget Sex, Keep Your Virginity Till Marriage' - Singer Jodie Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 5:44pm On Dec 31, 2014
Ok
Re: 'Forget Sex, Keep Your Virginity Till Marriage' - Singer Jodie Tells Nigerians by intergral(m): 5:45pm On Dec 31, 2014
I agree with her!!!
Re: 'Forget Sex, Keep Your Virginity Till Marriage' - Singer Jodie Tells Nigerians by MrMcJay(m): 5:45pm On Dec 31, 2014
Na so.

That is how they would be spoiling show for guys. They wont say this kind of nonsense around November or early December, it is on the 31st when I have spent money on Xmas gift, boxing day gift and new year gift that this kinda thing makes FP.

Anyway, I am not collecting her virginity, I am helping her hold it. After sex, I would give her back.

3 Likes

Re: 'Forget Sex, Keep Your Virginity Till Marriage' - Singer Jodie Tells Nigerians by tbagjames(m): 5:45pm On Dec 31, 2014
The soul might be willing but the body is not firewood.

1 Like

Re: 'Forget Sex, Keep Your Virginity Till Marriage' - Singer Jodie Tells Nigerians by Iykebestbt(m): 5:46pm On Dec 31, 2014
True talk
Re: 'Forget Sex, Keep Your Virginity Till Marriage' - Singer Jodie Tells Nigerians by Nmeri17: 5:46pm On Dec 31, 2014
blesseddivah:
#seen

arr u saying "seen" when the virginity is not there again

2 Likes

Re: 'Forget Sex, Keep Your Virginity Till Marriage' - Singer Jodie Tells Nigerians by Fairgodwin(m): 5:46pm On Dec 31, 2014
This sex of a thing is just way way overrated.

Love has been abused; sex is overrated!

2 Likes

Re: 'Forget Sex, Keep Your Virginity Till Marriage' - Singer Jodie Tells Nigerians by Afrok(m): 5:46pm On Dec 31, 2014
Yeah! We've heard about this million times, it's a new year resolution some people both guys and ladies will make only for them to still break it before 02-01-2015 undecided.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

P'square And Tony Elumelu On Stage At TEF Forum Last Night (pics) / Nurudeen Abass Blinkz Stabbed To Death (Photos) / Teebillz Wants A Baby Girl, But No New Baby Mamas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.